Start by marking “South Pacific: Women/Men Edition [With CD (Audio)]” as Want to Read:
South Pacific: Women/Men Edition [With CD (Audio)]

South Pacific: Women/Men Edition [With CD (Audio)]

Pro VocalWhether you're a karoake singer or preparing for an audition, the Pro Vocal series is for you The book contains the lyrics, melody & chord symbols, and the CD features demos for listening and separate backing tracks so you can sing along. The CD is playable on any CD player, but also enhanced so PC & Mac users can adjust the recording to any pitch without ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about South Pacific, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about South Pacific

Lauren
Apr 26, 2016 Lauren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
South Pacific has some truly beautiful songs. Seth MacFarlane’s recent version of "This Nearly Was Mine" is one such example of how well the songs work even outside of the musical. In fact, I’d say it’s the music that makes the show so memorable: even people who have never seen the musical or care much for musical theatre likely know some these tunes.

Take away the music, though, and the plot leaves something to be desired. Older men / younger women pairings are the key to South Pacific, and the
Mike
Nov 03, 2016 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A classic musical that explores issues facing fighting men in an entertaining, lyrical, humorous and serious manner wrapped into one. Surprisingly, its stance against racism was extremely forward looking for its time. However, after hearing today of the abject fear and disapproval of Somali refugees in 2016 Minnesota, it appears its message is still as relevant as ever as I write this.
Kaethe
Jul 08, 2014 Kaethe rated it really liked it
When people hear the word "musical" they tend to think "comedy". I don't know why, although I do, too. And then we're surprised to discover that a musical deals with serious topics. But, if I listed ten off the top of my head, at least half of them would deal with something serious, probably more.

Okay:

The Wizard of Oz
Wicked
L'il Abner
Guys and Dolls

I get three of those as being actual comedies. Hmmm. I wonder if th
Killian
Never really liked this R&H as a kid because it was slow and had themes I didn't really understand. Having watched it as an adult, the racism really surprised me and turned me off of the entire play. "Happy Talk" is about the only song I can take away from it, but since it involves the poor island girl, it is more a bitter sweet thing...
Bobby Sullivan
The lyrics to the songs are great; no surprise from Hammerstein. But there's just not a lot of story here.
Rachel Swords
Rachel Swords rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Marco
Marco rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2009
Ivy
Ivy rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2013
A K Gerace
A K Gerace rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2011
Chas
Chas rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2011
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Nicolas
Nicolas rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Evangeline
Evangeline rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
May 09, 2011
Bill
Bill rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2011
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Jim Cook jr
Jim Cook jr rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Sarah Powell
Sarah Powell rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Dallas Schiegg
Dallas Schiegg rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2013
Grandmat
Grandmat rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Lela
Lela rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2012
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2016
Joseph
Joseph rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Tanja
Tanja rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2013
Ed Thorpe
Ed Thorpe rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Jenifer
Jenifer rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2013