Start by marking “Bro on the Go” as Want to Read:
Bro on the Go

Bro on the Go

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  714 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
From the mind of New York Times bestselling author Barney Stinson comes the ultimate companion to The Bro Code - a handy reference guide crafted for today's active Bro. With new rules, inspirations, and wisdom, coupled with classics staples from the original Code, Bro on the Go is designed to quickly aid a busy Bro in any situation he might face - at the beach, on the job, ...more
Published November 3rd 2009 by Touchstone (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bro on the Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bro on the Go

Issam
Apr 05, 2010 Issam rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
This is ridiculously short. In fact, I read it in about 5-10 minutes in the books department while I was waiting for my parents to finish up with their shopping, but it was probably one of the best times I've spent while waiting for someone, ever. It's definitely an amusing read, especially for 'How I Met Your Mother', Neil Patrick Harris, and Barney Stinson fans.

So why the 3 star rating? Well, like I said, it's so short! I know that the whole point of this book is that it's supposed to be smal
Anete
Jan 28, 2016 Anete rated it really liked it
~A Bro at a Party~
Remain calm, walk away slowly, and nobody will know you broke that.
Arabian Rihanna
Oct 26, 2013 Arabian Rihanna rated it did not like it
Seriously?
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Cette fois, notre cher Barney nous guide sur le parfait Bro en société. On y apprends avec classe et élégance (toujours !), à bien se comporter parmi la gente féminine et parmi les siens. Là sur le coup, je ne saurais quoi dire sur le sujet. J’avoue que je n’ai pas eu l’occasion mettre sur pied l’un de conseil… sauf pour le ciné… ou le centre commercial… ou dans les toilettes… bref, si vous vous voulez survivre et être unique, suivez ses quelques principes du Bro :

Un bro à un ballet : Indisponib
Behnam Riahi
Jul 25, 2013 Behnam Riahi rated it liked it
The following review has been copied from http://behnamriahi.tumblr.com

Bro On The Go, written by Barney Stinson (also known as Matt Kuhn) and published by Fireside Books, is a “how-to" format instant collection about how a “bro," or a single, American male, should compose himself and behave in various average scenarios. Sequel to The Bro Code, Bro On The Go is a supplement to the television series, How I Met Your Mother.

What was once simply my guilty pleasure became a phenomenon in the last few
Brenda Ayala
Sep 14, 2013 Brenda Ayala rated it really liked it
Less impressive than the original The Bro Code but a nice complementary piece to go along with it. Some are repeats from the main book (as we are told) but there are some fresh fun gems in here as well. You'll manage to finish this in about 10 minutes, depending on how deeply you reflect on the advice given to you by the legendary Barney Stinson!

Some examples:

For a Bro on a date:
-Sure, the popcorn trick sounds like a great idea, but nobody's actually ever done it. And that's why she'll never see
Sebastien
Jan 19, 2016 Sebastien rated it liked it
Shelves: other
Ce livre est une version light de Bro Code avec quelque nouvelles ajout.

Autrement dit, "on a penser a des nouvelles jokes, mais on avait pas dequoi faire un nouveau livre complet, et une version édité du bro code serait con car on vient de sortir le livre".

Un peu comme un greatest hit avec des tounes de plus, ce livre reste quand même amusant à cause des même raison que le bro code.

Pour les collectionneurs, les complétionniste ou les gens qui voudraient une version allégée du Bro Code.
Nayef
Dec 29, 2015 Nayef rated it it was ok
A bad attempt to cash in on the barney character. No more than 40 pages and no real laughs or value from this book...
Gina
Jan 05, 2015 Gina rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Its such a quick read and any fan of How I Met Your Mother will love this! :)
Hope
Sep 28, 2015 Hope rated it liked it
Started it on the toilet. Finished it on the toilet. A great and cute bathroom read.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ah, the brilliant mind of Barney. So much fun. A must-read for all Bros.
Jan Hubert Castillo
Feb 14, 2014 Jan Hubert Castillo rated it liked it
Lots of it was just taken from The Bro Code. Still funny though.
Fem
Mar 24, 2015 Fem rated it liked it
It's too short. I need more.
Yanita
Dec 13, 2014 Yanita added it
Fu... Wait for it... -nny!
David
Nov 19, 2011 David added it
To save time, I'm writing one review for The Bro Code, Bro on the Go, and The Playbook. These books were a lot of fun for any fan of the TV show How I Met Your Mother. One of my most and least favorite things about the show has been the complex changes made in the character of Barney Stinson. However, these books are clearly meant to have been written by the Barney you'll remember from when the show began, so if you are looking for some good humor from that more one dimensional character, you'll ...more
Dimpu (The Radiant Mockingjay)
Oh, how I miss Barney. It's silly but fun. Recommended for HIMYM fans! :)
Richard Kelly
Dec 23, 2015 Richard Kelly rated it it was ok
For those of you who have already read The Bro Code, this was a quick way to try and sell a similar book to the same people. Is it funny? Sure, mostly. But it does repeat itself more than once. Is it all new? No. Sadly out of the 80 or so jokes in this book My guess is 10 - 15 of them are from The Bro Code. So, you kind of get jipped there.

And this book is REALLY short! Almost feel dumb calling it a book. But if you have say 10 minutes, and I am not exaggerating there, go ahead and give it a sh
Luis GC
Oct 27, 2015 Luis GC rated it did not like it
Shelves: humor
En la línea de The Bro Code, aunque repitiendo demasiado lo que ya decía éste.

Si The Bro Code básicamente consiste en el compendio de reglas que debe cumplir un buen 'Bro', aquí la idea es reflejar el comportamiento adecuado en situaciones cotidianas, en una cita, en el trabajo, en la playa, en el cine...

Se lee en menos de media hora, por lo que puedes conformarte con dedicarle un rato en tu librería favorita.
Jason
Mar 20, 2011 Jason rated it liked it
Do I get to count this as book 5 of 2011? Bro on the Go is apparently a companion to Barney's The Bro Code. Bro on the Go gives some simple brotastic advice on certain situations along with Barney's bro insight.

Perhaps if I had read The Bro Code, I could enjoy this book more, but there wasn't enough in this one. Some of Barney's insights also sounded really sarcastic, but one isn't sure.
Bunny
Jan 14, 2010 Bunny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, read-in-10
Won a copy of this via Twitter (thanks, @CBSTweet). The really hilarious thing is that it literally is a book small enough to stash in your glove compartment for emergencies. It took maybe five minutes to flip through it, and while some of it was in the original Bro Code, there were a few tidbits that weren't. Either way, well worth having. Love.
Rain
Sep 26, 2014 Rain rated it it was amazing
This book breathes Barney Stinson and reading it twice, once was last year, never gets old. :D I am hoping to get a copy of my own of his other books such as The Playbook and The Bro Code.
Nóri Somogyi
Dec 05, 2013 Nóri Somogyi rated it it was amazing
Rebecca
Mar 29, 2010 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not so much it was amazing... more funny. I mean COME ON! Who doesn't love Barney? No one! Yeah! That's right!

I DON'T KNOW THE DATE I FINISHED ANY OF MY BOOKS. SO STOP BUGGIN' ME 'BOUT IT. XD I OWN ALL THE BOOKS I PUT ON HERE UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE.
İlkim
Feb 02, 2012 İlkim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, books-i-own
Bu adamın önerileri beni öldürüyor :D Baledeki Kanka bölümü iyiydi, arka sayfada yazan tek şey "mevcut değil". :D Bir de nişanlısıyla tay mutfağı kursundaki kanka var, "hadi ya?" yazısı değil de "really?" etkiyi daha iyi veriyor :D
Jenna
May 07, 2015 Jenna rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebs
TOO.SHORT.
I wanted so bad to give 5 stars, but it took me 10 minutes to read it and I was like "Seriously?!". Anyway I think that it deserves 4 stars so I don't feel guilty at all :)
Portia S
Oct 18, 2011 Portia S rated it liked it
For any fan of Barney Stinson, and lover of the HIMYM series. Totally fucking awesome, and hilarious.

"Bros at Renaissance Faires = ?"
"Bro at the Ballet = n/a"

Lovely.
Dinah Saur
Sep 07, 2011 Dinah Saur rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
The perfect book for the Bro on the Go, even if said Bro is female. You never know when you may be called on to play wingman to one of your Bros. So study up and be prepared!
Jake
Oct 15, 2013 Jake rated it liked it
Finally a pocketable reference version of the sacred test of "The Bro Code".

A must read addition to those who are a fan of How I Meet Your Mother!
Shae
Dec 31, 2009 Shae rated it it was amazing
I loved this book simply because I love Barney so much. It was funny and cute and definitely worth the read for fans of HIMYM and Barney Stinson.
Backsinner Rodriguez
Nov 23, 2010 Backsinner Rodriguez rated it really liked it
I feel its like a shorter version of The Bro Code, still an interesting read. Not as particularly awesome as "The Bro Code" though.
  • Straight People: A Spotter's Guide to the Fascinating World of Heterosexuals
  • The Essential Batman Encyclopedia
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition
  • Exploring Leadership: For College Students Who Want to Make a Difference
  • FINAL FANTASY X Official Strategy Guide
  • Final Fantasy and Philosophy: The Ultimate Walkthrough
  • The Douche Journals: The Definitive Account of One Man's Genius
  • Television Is the New Television: The Unexpected Triumph of Old Media In the Digital Age
  • Fallout 3: Prima Official Game Guide
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • Joss Whedon: The Genius Behind Buffy
  • Whiter Shades of Pale: The Stuff White People Like, Coast to Coast, from Seattle's Sweaters to Maine's Microbrews
  • Dexter and Philosophy: Mind over Spatter