Start by marking “Scaredy Kat (Suddenly Supernatural)” as Want to Read:
Scaredy Kat (Suddenly Supernatural)

Scaredy Kat (Suddenly Supernatural #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  694 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Now that she’s acquired her Spirit sight, Kat discovers being followed around by a bunch of dead people can be pretty scary. So when Kat and her best friend, Jac, explore an abandoned old house that leads to a search for a missing boy, Kat’s not sure if she wants to help – or even if she can. And when evidence surfaces that spirits are following Kat, even into her own room ...more
Published August 15th 2009 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published February 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Scaredy Kat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scaredy Kat

Reading Vacation

REVIEW

In the first Suddenly Supernatural book, School Spirit, Kat had just gained her powers. This time around, Kat is becoming more comfortable with the special gift she has been given. She is not as reluctant to use them, and she is not quite as overwhelmed by them. I liked reading about Kat’s transformation.

Kat feels the presence of many spirits who follow her around. This can be scary for her and she must learn to not feel so freaked out by it all. In particular, her mother’s friend, Orin, i
April
This is a terrific series for tween readers who are into Paranormal reads. Really great books for boys and girls, even though the main character is a girl, it is not girly. Great lessons and role models for quirky kids.

Kat is still dealing with the whole teen medium issues, kinda tough when you are afraid of the ghosts. She has some trials get get through, but in the end she comes to terms with things. There are a few scarier moments in this book than the last one. We get a little more into the
Sarah BT
Suddenly Supernatural is the perfect paranormal series for tweens. When I was finished reading, I passed these along to my favorite tween reader and future librarian Emily. (I used to babysit Emily and we've bonded over our love of books. I'm constantly supplying her with a new stack every time I see her, much to her parents chagrin!)
Kat and Jac are great characters, and I think readers can relate to their middle school struggles. Jac is clashing over the future of her cello career with her mom
Dolly
This is the second book in the Suddenly Supernatural series by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel. Our oldest enjoys stories about ghosts and I thought she could relate to the main character, Kat. The story is certainly a bit lighter than some of the other books she's been reading lately.

We listened to the story narrated by Allyson Ryan on audio CD. It was great to take a break from reading aloud and listen to someone else read the story to us.

The story is engaging and dramatic (and not too scary), but some
Fenny
Hampir mirip dengan seri Mediatornya Meg Cabot, hanya saja tanpa ada unsur romantisme. Dan karena saya baru baca The Vampire Academy sebelum baca buku ini, saya jadi nangkep kemiripan, sama sama ada adegan horornya. Yang bikin saya takut adalah ketika Kat masuk rumah itu untuk kedua kalinya trus digangguin, pintu lemari kebuka sendiri, ada suara kursi diseret, wuaaa…serem.

Padahal sebenernya gak serem serem banget. Seperti mediator, hantunya itu jahat, mungkin agak sedikit caper juga. Oh ya! Satu
Amanda Carpenter
I enjoyed this book. I understand this series is geared towards children, but I think that there is no reason an adult can't enjoy them as well. I love the characters in this series. I enjoyed the introduction of the new character in Orin in this book. I think the author does a great job at portraying how a girl of Kat's age would go through different feelings and emotions at the introduction of a male-friend of her mom's. I really enjoy the paranormal theme of these stories and with the more I ...more
Patrick
Cemeread
Kat and Jac are back. Jac is still having problems with her controlling mother and Kat is telling her Mom less as she seeks some independance. This time around the story centers on the house next door instead of school.

Kat decides to use the house next door for part of her class project. While taking pictures of the house she accidently snaps one of a boy looking at her. She goes over to meet him and can't figure out why he seems to ignore her. Maybe it's because the house has been empty for a l
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sarah Bean the Green Bean Teen Queen for TeensReadToo.com

Middle School medium Kat is back, and this time there are even more ghosts following her around.

Kat and her friend, Jac, decide to explore the house next door as part of their spring break school project. But an abandoned house means ghosts, and when Kat meets the spirit of a young boy, she and Jac have another mystery to solve - and another spirit to help.

SUDDENLY SUPERNATURAL is the perfect paranormal series for tweens. Kat a
Fanda Kutubuku
Buntelan dari Serambi--

Buku setebal 161 hlm yang kulahap hanya dalam sehari. Ringan banget memang, khas bacaan remaja, meski juga tidak "lebay". Meski sekuel ke 2, aku bisa membacanya tanpa kesulitan sama sekali.

Kat adalah cewek ABG, putri dari seorang wanita yang jadi medium yang bisa berkomunikasi dengan dunia arwah. Kat mewarisi bakat itu juga, tapi ia belum siap jadi masih merasa ketakutan saat berhadapan dengan arwah. Ditemani sobatnya Jac, ia jadi mengalami petualangan yang seru, sama seka
Mrs.
Suddenly Supernatural by Elizabeth cody Kimmel and the book talks about a little boy Tenry and he died when he was just ten years old and he lives next door to kat a girl who find’s the little boy Tenry next door of her house and she sees to find out who that little boy was and Kat describes him with brown hair and also brown eyes then, Kat talks to the boy but the little boy but the boy doesn’t pay aution to kat when she said hi to Tenry but kat was wounding why he was looking at the celeing.

Cynthia Fry
A good continuation of the story. I am enjoying this juvenile mystery. It has enough description of the paranormal to take fear away from children without making them fearless. This is a simpler mystery and seemed quick compared to the first mystery.
Ali
My 7-year-old and 10-year-old both really enjoyed this book, though there were moments they both found incredibly scary, two or three I think. Those scary parts were rather brief and didn't deter either from wanting to see how the story ended. It was a quick read and the supernatural elements were balance nicely with the trials of just growing up and finding your independence. A couple of subplots added to the enjoyment and though the book was short everything worked. I also enjoyed the book, it ...more
Lisa
I love this series. Easy to read, quick read.
Maymunah
Read when I was younger. Loved it.
Melissa
Boght this at the book fair, and will be cataloging it soon for my kiddos, but I wanted to read it first. I thought book one actually was chill inducing for a middle reader book, so was looking forward to trying this one. As a kid who LOVED ghost stories and ghost books and TV (Remember "Are you Afraid of the Dark" 90's kids?) this really appealed to me even as an adult now. I think my students will really like it, it wasn't scary enough to give nightmares, but creepy in ways that I know my 5th ...more
Jenn Estepp
cute second book in the suddenly supernatural (a.k.a. i was a teenaged medium) series. last weekend i watched both "ghost whisperer" and "ghost town," so maybe i'm just in the mood. i like how lighthearted the books are, in spite of the subject which can - and has been - be treated with way more angst in a different sort of tale. kat's a pretty appealing character, as are the supporting characters and there's enough promise here as to what-might-occur in book three to keep me looking forward to ...more
Amber
In the second book of the Suddenly Supernatural series-Scaredy Kat, kat's little trip to the abandon house across the street my have been more that expected. All she wanted was to have a look inside, but what she finds is the spirit of a boy. The thing is, she cant figure out what happened to him or why he couldn't move on. With the spirit of a man that seems to want to harm her, how can she save the little boy. With the help of Orin will she be able to help the boy in the house next door?
Elaine
Highly entertaining. Thought provoking. Lively, real characters which help to move a fun and entertaining plot.
Mia Queen
It was ok, bagusan yang pertama si petualangan Kat lebih seru, di sini banyakan membahas bola-bola arwah dan sedikit membosanka malah menurut saya rada gelap juga sih. Memang buku ini berkisah soal hantu tapi soal transfer energi dan sebagainya itu membuat saya merasa sedikit tidak nyaman, apalagi bukankah ini ditujukan untuk remaja ya?

Alamak, sepertinya memang harus rehat sejenak baca YA dan fantasi. *berkutat kembali dengan Girl with Dragon Tattoo*
Dian
Buku yang Ok. Emosi si Kat dan Jac terlukiskan dengan baik dengan segala kompleksitas dunia remaja. Kerapuhan Kat dalam menghadapi dunia arwah bisa ikut sy rasakan dan tulisannya (walau terjemahan) terasa hidup. Buku yang sangat enak buat dinikmati walau awalnya agak lamban. Si penulis juga cukup matang dalam membuat novel ini dengan melakukan riset mengenai dunia arwah dan supernatural sehingga kisahnya terkesan hidup.
Mikayla
Well I just love this series it just wonderful. This book is great for those who like ghost but are in middle school to. This is about Kat and Jac and some of the adventures they have. And Kat has to over come her fear and really start to help to dead move on. Learns some new things about her self she would have never known be for about her self. And of course Jac and there with her and they become even stronger friends.
Guiying
I like to read this book because when I read this book I don't even want to stop reading. Also I didn't read books about ghost alot so because I thought I won't like it . But after read this book I chage my mind I think I will like the book about ghost. I know there's more book is after this book. So I will try my best to find these book and read it all. I like the book so much.
arin
Kat yang sekarang telah menjadi medium malah ketakutan dengan kehadiran arwah-arwah yang sepertinya selalu mengikutinya kemanapun. Disini Kat akan menolong arwah bernama Tank yang berada dirumah kosong disebelah rumahnya, padahal dia sendiri begitu ketakutan dengan kehadiran arwah lain dirumah kosong itu.
Ga seram sih ceritanya tapi menurutku masih lebih seram dari seri sebelumnya
Tapestrymlp
This is a light and quick follow up to Kimmel's first book in the series, Suddenly Supernatural. Like that book this one is an easy, quick read without a ton of depth. It feels as though Kimmel is trying to infuse a bit more into the story but it never quite gets there. Not sure if I'll ready others in the series or not. This is a good choice for middle-grade readers.
Amy
**audio**
For middle-school students
Book 2 of series
Seemed scarier than first one-- especially the man in the house across the street. I don't have much experience with middle schoolers, so I'm not sure if they would understand the coma storyline.
Don't understand why Kat feels she can't confide in her mom.
Parents who object to anything "new age" won't like this book.
Paula
A series for 8 to 12 year old girls that takes paranormal abilities, ghosts, chakra, energy fields, etc. etc. etc. seriously. Ridiculous, in my opinion. The characters are likable enough and the story was well built, but the book design is pitched to younger readers and the book itself is a fair match to competent junior readers.
Rofi
ceritanya lucu dan gak bikin takut. enak dibaca dan terjemahannya oke. ceritanya ringan dan gak lebay, khas anak-anak banget tapi cocok dibaca semua umur. buat yang gak baca buku pertamanya, ceritanya tetap nyambung kok. good job, voodoo mama :) hhe
Mahathi
this book was not my level at all. a better book for young readers like the age group of 7-8 year olds.. Thats why i probably disliked it, but otherwise it might be a better book for young readers. The storyline was prettty boring too.
Eva Mitnick
This is light, fun, mildly chill-filled entertainment. I love the idea of a reluctant 13-year-old medium - not surprisingly, Kat is pretty creeped out by the ghosts and souls all around her. I'd definitely feel the same.
  • The Eternal Tomb (Oliver Nocturne, #5)
  • A Taste for Red
  • Dani Noir
  • Now You See Me ... (Poison Apple #4)
  • Solving Zoe
  • Poison Most Vial
  • Gilda Joyce: The Ladies of the Lake (Gilda Joyce, #2)
  • Spirits in the Park (Gods of Manhattan, #2)
  • The Knaveheart's Curse (Vampire Island, #2)
  • Invisible City (The Joshua Files, #1)
  • Fiendish Deeds (Joy of Spooking, #1)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Spellbinder (Spellbinder #1)
  • Curiosity Killed the Cat (Poison Apple #7)
  • The Little Secret
  • Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher, #1)
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes
  • Bad Boys

Suddenly Supernatural (4 books)
  • School Spirit (Suddenly Supernatural #1)
  • Unhappy Medium (Suddenly Supernatural #3)
  • Crossing Over (Suddenly Supernatural #4)
School Spirit (Suddenly Supernatural #1) Mary Ingalls on Her Own Lily B. on the Brink of Cool ParaNorman: A Novel Extended Free Preview Unhappy Medium (Suddenly Supernatural #3)