Start by marking “Beach Roses” as Want to Read:
Beach Roses

Beach Roses

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Miracles happen where you least expect them.

No one captures the tides of a woman’s heart quite like Jean Stone. Set on New England’s celebrated Martha’s Vineyard, this novel brings together three courageous women whose struggles reveal startling truths and ultimately change their lives.

The women begin as strangers: Rita has a past that cannot stay hidden for long; Katie,
Published December 10th 2008 by Bantam (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Beach Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beach Roses

Edwina Hall Callan
I read this book in 2007.

All I really remember about this book is that it's about 3 women with breast cancer and at the time I was reading this I knew 3 women who had breast cancer. I know I cried a lot while reading this.
Dian, you fought so hard and so long ... Rest In Peace.
Carol, still cancer free. Thanks be to God!
Lori, my best friend. I know you are tired from years of fighting this. I love you. You are my Hero!
Mary
Dec 09, 2011 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys contemporary fiction
Recommended to Mary by: Library Book Sale
The women began as strangers: Rita has a past that can't stay hidden for long, Katie the rock star has to choose between saving her own life or the life of her unborn child, Hannah, a selfless housewife, finds herself abandoned by her friends just when she needs them most and Faye, a wealthy businesswoman, thinks she has already fought the battle of her life. Before the summer is over, these four women will form a lasting bond - one that will see old hurts finally healed, love rekindled and new ...more
Swanbender2001
The unfolding stories of these four women had me reading until my eyes were ready to fall out of my head. I found myself caught up in the drama and growing kinship of their lives. My only regret with the book was how disjointed the beginning of the book felt. This section, when the tangle of characters were introduced didn't work for me; especially Rita's family. I remember reading and rereading that passage and still wondering who was who.
Heidi
Normally I would not have read this book. It was a choice for my online book club. I was shocked that I did enjoy the book...not love it mind you, but liked it. I did find the story very much one without depth. You start this thinking it will go into the depth of dealing with a life with breast cancer but find it is a surface romance novel about friendships. It was very much like reading a book which will become a Hallmark family film.
Deb Krill
Somewhat of a fluff read, but it did have a serious plot to it and the characters were memorable, it had some laughter, a little intrigue, and it was easy reading, you really did hope all turned out for them even if they were only made up characters in a book.
Marcia
Actual Rating: ***1/2
My "this is really over the top" initial reaction to this book was soon overcome as the story of each one of the strong (even if she didn't realize it in the midst of overwhelming problems) women unfolded.
Alexandra
Easy read... appropriate for relaxation purposes, but as in all other Jean Stones books I've read, the conclusion is too abrupt in relation to the pace set but the story.
Jessica
Sweet story of finding friendships in the most unexpected places, and leaning on girlfriends through the tough times. Enjoyable read.
Pdamon
Again, keeping track of my beach reads. (Cleaning out my book shelves.)

This was interesting.

Susan Acton
An okay book. Another reviewer said she could see it being a Hallmark movie. I agree.

Smacisaac
It is an easy read. Been reading at work in my spare time. I am enjoying it.
Cheryl
It was a quick read, enjoyed it.
Gmr
Gmr marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Holly
Holly added it
Aug 19, 2015
Elaine
Elaine added it
Aug 04, 2015
kathy gordon
kathy gordon marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Dianne
Dianne added it
Apr 22, 2015
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Trust Fund Babies The Summer House Tides of the Heart: A Martha's Vineyard Novel Once Upon a Bride Off Season