Start by marking “Answered Prayers” as Want to Read:
Answered Prayers

Answered Prayers

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  2,628 ratings  ·  116 reviews
Danielle Steel’s 56th bestselling novel is about family and friendship, about one woman’s struggle to break free from the past—and the man who helps her triumph. And most of all, it is about daring to believe in...Answered Prayers.

On the outside, Faith Madison is the very picture of a sophisticated New Yorker. Slim, blond, stylish, Faith has a life many would envy. Overco
Published February 25th 2009 by Dell (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Answered Prayers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Answered Prayers

Sarah ( Paris )
قَالَ لهَا بهدوء : " أَحيَاناً يتبعُ سوءَ الحَظْ أفضَلُ حَظ في العالم" ..

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

رواية بسيطة جدا وجميلة :)
أعجبت كثيراً بصبر فيث ، بطيبتها .. وتأثرت بـ نقاءها اللامحدود ..
افتقدت كثيرا القراءة لدانييل ... لدرجة يبدو أنني نسيت كم يكون من الرائع القراءة لها ..
( لم أقرأ لـ دانييل ستيل منذ أكثر من عامين ).
Pris Campbell
May 28, 2008 Pris Campbell rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: only avid Danielle Steel fans
I've read probably three Danielle Steele books total out of curiosity since she's clearly a big seller. In reading this one, I was again perplexed at how someone could write such a lousy book be such a big hit. She has a thin plot, expands it endlessly, repeats the same thing over and over until you want to say, 'okay, you've told me that..get on with it'. For Danielle Steel fans, if you want to buy this book I'll sell it (hardback, excellent condition) for four dollars plus shipping costs. Let ...more
Sandy
Years ago I read 2 or 3 Danielle Steele books and on a whim decided to download this audiobook to listen to at the gym. Now I know why I never read more of her books. Repetition, repetition, repetition. This could have been a short story if the author didn't continuously say the same things over and over and over. I felt like she had a a page quota. Little character development and a thin story line--how can the author even look at herself in the mirror after writing this book?
Antonia Litsinger
This book was so bad, it made me laugh. I usually find Danielle Steel's books interesting and a good romantic diversion, but the characters were so wooden and their actions were so unbelievable at times. The line that made me drop my book with laughter was the line "He broke my heart with a thong." I'll light a candle for Danielle Steel and hope that she doesn't continue to write after she's sipped too much of the Communion wine. (I know, MEOWW!)
Genevieve
Last Danielle Steel I'm ever going to read. None of her female characters have any backbone. They let themselves get walked over, never ask for what they want. They sacrifice in silence. Makes me want to barf. This one really made me angry. No more.
Marianne Jay
When your in "just the right mood", Danielle Steel is just amazing. Love, despair, hope .... all of those wonderful words just resonate with you.

Sarah Elmeshad
my rating is zero stars...horrible horrible writing
Alison
I thought the premise of the book was good; a woman spends 24 years raising her daughters then they move away to school and to work. During those 24 years she caters to her husbands every wants and demands - he wants her home, cooking, cleaning, doing charity work, and being available to attend his social functions through his work. When empty nest syndrome sets in and she decides to return to college to become a lawyer, her husband's old fashion ways become an obstacle to what she wants and wha ...more
Sharal Hunter
Danielle Steel used to be an auto-buy author for me; I couldn't get enough of her books. Over the years, I found myself disappointed many times and the stories seemed to all sound the same. I was afraid this book would follow the same pattern. It started out a little depressing with the history of Faith's marriage and how Alex treats her but then draws the reader in as Faith's journey to finding herself begins with her decision to go back to school. The reader is given an inside look into not on ...more
Chloe West
Farha Elsherif
يعنى أنا دخلت للـ النسخة الانجليزية بتاعة أم الرواية دى
و قولت لأ رأيى لازم يبقى فى مكانه الصح
بالنسبة ان النسخة اللى حصلت عليها كانت مترجمة "أه أنا أحب أطلع على ثقافة الغرب مترجمة برضه ^^ " .. المهم يعنى قولت أنا أقول رأيى فى المكان اللى في النسخة العربية .. أوم ايه ألاقى كل الناس كاتبن رأيهم بالانجلش! .. اؤمورونى بقى > < ..
طيب يلا .. بس افتكروا انكم اللى اضطرتونى لكده :D
It's an interesting story based on true friendship and complicated marital status, According to "Alex" who was the mos
Andrew
Reading through the first couple sentences of some of the reviews of this book proved to be interesting. One I read said that Steel repeated so many things, another said that Steel never wrtes in a strong female and that they'll neer read another Danielle Steel book again.

Sure, there were things repeated, but I'd hardly call it incessant. Honestly, I'd rather read a book where its author reminds the reader of something in brief sentences instead of reading one with contradictions. As far as Stee
Bhavya Gupta
Maybe I am being harsh, or unreasonable or maybe I am not good enough a person, but I can never love, or even like a person like Faith. And when you can't love the person the story is centred around, no story can do much for you. Having said that, the second star is for the ending, because, I am a sucker for happy ending. (But shhhh, that's one of my many embarrassing secrets)
Chelsea garland
My first Danielle Steel read. Good story, interesting. She gets a little wordy and relentless when describing the woman's past. I was like, "Ok! I get it already!" These are the kind of books you like to read to just kill the time.
TombReader
This book was recommended by my sister. I began reading it, but I couldn't get into the book the first time because Danielle Steel often repeats herself in the first few chapters. I gave up and ended up reading another book instead.
Now I've finally read the entire book and I realised that Steel repeats certain details to place more emphasis on specific situations/details to allow the reader to sympathise with the character and clearly outline what they're going through.
The overall plot is qui
Lois Kirby
Answered Prayers. Yes

An emotional story of wasted years, sacrifices, and not listening to you head and heart. Faith the warm caring woman, who had many thing that molded her life in the end made her a stronger woman, one who at times w a s broken by her domineering husband. There were a couple of places in the story that I wanted to rewrite, when you get there let me know how you feel. Then the relationship between Brad and Pam that was cold and self gratifying. And a faith that GOD answers pray
Belén
Kristen
In Danielle Steel's Answered Prayers, she told us about story about opening your heart and following your dreams. For Faith Madison, she had a life most people could envy in New York. With raising two grown daughters and married to a successful banker, she carried a deep secret and haven't divulged it to anyone, even one painful one she kept on herself. Her childhood was once marred by tragedy. At the funeral of her step-father, she was reunited by her late brother's best friend, Brad Patterson. ...more
O Informador
Preces Atendidas é um romance que, sem dúvida, me deixou preso porque aparentemente o seu final já era previsível, mas a forma como os seus protagonistas se foram cruzando e mostrando quererem fugir da realidade deixou-me sempre curioso se Danielle Steel iria dar às suas personagens o final que era esperado… E deu!

Através do casamento de Faith com Alex, o marido que a autora mostra ser desinteressante e despegado do casamento, torcendo-se assim ao longo da leitura para que a separação do casal a
Kim
Diana
LOVED this book. Man and a woman who were childhood friends due to a sibling being the best friend. THey haven't seen each other since he passed. They have both been in dead marriages for years. The become best friends and confidants and become the answer to each others prayers. awwwww. what a wonderful story of their developing relationship and thier life's turn of events. How tragedy turns into triumph. LOVED this story. I wish my prayers would be answered.......
Wynn
Kelly
This is my first Danielle Steel book. It was a quick easy read. The storyline was pretty good and I really enjoyed. My only complaint and it's minor is that certain areas of the story are extended and it makes parts of the book drag on. Other than that the story was great and I really enjoyed this book and would read another of her books!
Bianca Bento
thanks for one more amazing book. I should live in love stories. I jet can't live without them. Faith is a portrait of something that happens often and people just hide or just get used to live like this. maybe this is really the answer some people need to get encouraged to go on with their lives. marvelous! o recommend. all danielle books!!!
Bev Taylor
love story that u know how it is going to end almost from the beginning. so much so that i got bored

why r her characters always so beautiful and unflawed. it would be nice to have some real life people for a change
guess u can say i am not a fan of her books. having said that i have really enjoyed her later ones

each to their own

bev
Heather Conway
I wish Danielle Steel would write about a women who wasn't "perfect looking". Is everyone in the world blonde, long haired, and petite. It is not the only type of women who exists in the world.

I enjoyed reading about the rekindling of an old friendship. The rest of the story was pretty predictable.
Janice Circle
Good reading. Great ending.

Very good and full of surprises. Full of surprises and happy ending. Very descriptive of other people and places. Sad and full of life in other countries and the medical field in other parts of the world.
Manasa Kannan
I absolutely have no idea why many disliked this book. I loved it so much! It was a refreshing and breathtaking book. Characters were so alive and I could feel Every scene! This was my first book of Steele so hoping to read more. Can't wait! That's my opinion
Caralyn Rubli
There has been on few times I thought I was reading the same page over again or there was a printing problem. But no it is very repetitive and the text subtly changed by a few words for me to realize it was her writing. I've not read many of her books and am baffled about how she achieved such success.
Kathy Saunders
Faith Madison has enjoyed the good life as the wife of a successful Manhattan investment banker and the mother of two grown daughters. But every step of the way, she has carried within her a secret she could divulge to no one.
At her stepfathers' funeral, she is reunited with Brad Patterson, her deceased brother Jack's best friend. Brad reentered Faith's life as she is making a decision that plunges her marriage into crisis. As the two childhood friends rediscover each other, Faith and Brad will
Danielle Steel Bo...: Answered Prayers 1 2 Nov 20, 2012 08:53PM
  • Absent Friends
  • Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #321)
  • Blind Man's Alley
  • Getting Old Is to Die For (Gladdy Gold, #4)
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Hades
  • Bleak History
  • The Phantom of Manhattan
  • Captive Embraces (Captive, #2)
  • Invisible Boy (Madeline Dare, #3)
  • Taste of Honey
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Summer's Child & Summer of Roses
  • All The Pretty Dead Girls
  • The Real Mother
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • Danielle Steel
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things