Start by marking “Leap of Faith” as Want to Read:
Leap of Faith

Leap of Faith

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  3,100 ratings  ·  126 reviews
In her fifty-second bestselling novel, Danielle Steel weaves a compelling story of the power of lies, the misuse of trust — and of one woman's triumph over a devastating betrayal.

Marie-Ange Hawkins has the kind of childhood that most people dream of. Freedom, love, security in a beautiful old French château. But when Marie-Ange is just eleven, a tragic accident marks the e
Published February 25th 2009 by Dell (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Leap of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leap of Faith

Sidra
I picked up the book last night, and just continued to read it till 3pm today. It was okay. The best thing about the book was the fast pace. I did not enjoy the static characters. I did not enjoy her repetition. I dislike the way Steel kept repeating most of the sentences.

Example, page 122:

"She loved the way he worried about her, and wanted to protect her ... she loved the protection he offered, his obvious concern. She was totally in love with him."

Really? I mean come one. I felt like I had som
Jen Marx
If 2.5 stars were an option, I would have given this book that score. I did feel some sort of investment in the characters; however, it was very predictable. The tale was also rather anti-climactic. The woman has just thrown her two children into a net and has seen that they were fine. Despite the fact that she was scared, I do think that "leap of faith" is a bit of an overstatement. The ending did not seem to fit well with this very predictable tale. I was hoping to see a light at the end of th ...more
Sapphire Butt
i cried alot and loved it in so many ways ... its really hard to accept that someone u love so much has betrayed you i can really relate to that bt as marie-ange never lost faith so wont I. Im going through a very difficult time and it helped me somehow...
brilliantly written ! looking forward to read more of ur work !
Danielle Schryver
Ive had this book on my bookshelf for several years now. It was actually given to me by a woman in the waiting room for the OR when both our husbands were having surgery. She had finished it while waiting and passed it on to me. :)

I have never read a Danielle Steele book before. I have stayed away from them, as I had the impression of "fluffy romance". My grandmother used to love her!

So I picked this up 2 nights ago. It was a very quick read and I did enjoy it. However, I found it very, very pre
Amélie
Well that was... not great ? I was curious about Danielle Steel since she seems so popular, and I wanted something to read quickly to advance my Goodreads challenge, so I picked up the smallest book of hers that I had, maybe it's just not the best ? I don't know.

The thing is, for some reason I was expecting a romance so that kind of confused me. In the end it's more of a "contemporary story with a romantic element", or something like that. Though when I say "contemporary"... it's quite hard to p
Marilyn Lagier
OK--I like a Danielle Steel when there's some substance to the book; this one must have been written solely for the purpose of buying her some new jewelry or something. It's awful--read it in one hour. She just cranked this one out with her standard formula--sweet girl, bad things happen, then good things happen, the end.
Katrina the Bookworm
I am not a big fan of Danielle Steel, but I must say that this book touched me so much. I liked how tragedy was presented, how the lead character became the usual Cinderella, and of course, the gasp-inducing twist at the end. Give this book a spin if you want to read Danielle Steel without fluffiness and 'munchness'. :)
♡ Wildflower ♡
Must be one of her worst books because it was very poorly written, not in the least absorbing and so utterly generic
Jean Ammon
Well written and a good story. Quick read
Yongqing
This book was so bad, I'm actually feeling outraged. I took it on - well, faith (Hey! I can see why they chose the title right there!)- that a book this popular cannot possibly be so immature. I understand that for books in this genre, we've got to expect some pretty clear author-bias towards the main characters. That's okay, sometimes we just want a brainless bit of wish-fulfillment fluff where the heroine triumphs despite a tragic backstory and assorted villainy, and wins True Wuv.

But you act
Amy
I decided to read books that have forever piqued my curiosity since I was kid: I would see these books line the shelves at the library, on and on. These authors still are bestsellers and incredibly productive. Thus, a little fun project that both entertained and surprised me. I selected these authors based on recollections of my hometown library back then, so it's not necessarily all-encompassing. Here is part four of four!

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

---

I honestly didn't know what to expect
Ale Rivero
Reseña de Acto de Fe en el blog

Danielle Steel nos presenta una historia un tanto dramática, que aúna amor y tragedia bajo la vida de su personaje principal, Marie-Ange Hawkins.

Es una novela corta que presenta en su mayor parte la vida de Marie-Ange desde la muerte de sus padres y su hermano, viviendo en Iowa junto a su tía abuela y compartiendo sus anhelos y frustraciones junto a su amigo Billy.

Intempestivamente, la llegada de un abogado anunciándole su nueva situación económica cambia todo, y p
Lucy Angela
I knew in an instant when I impulsively picked up this book , that I'd like this much. I meant it's about memorizing your house in the past. because I did that too..

my childhood house which was many miles away from where I lived now nor my life that I belong now.

also the moral value that packed in this story. I finished it in 3 hrs. a thin one yet full of sth to learn.

who do you choose? a country boy like Billy, honest and caring or Comte Bernard who was polished, attractive yet greedy and sel
Kristen
In Danielle Steel's Leap of Faith, she told us a disturbing dark tale of possessive love and breaking free from France to the United States. For Marie-Ange Hawkins, she lived an idyllic and free live in Paris, France, at a chateau. At the age of 11, she lost her parents and became orphaned and alone, and later sent to America to live with her uncaring great-aunt in Iowa. Bitter and resented from her, she was forced to work on her farm and dreamed of returning back to France. That's when she befr ...more
Julie Barrett
Leap of Faith by Danielle Steel
Marie Onge has lost her parents and brother on their way to Paris to drop him off at school.
The old nanny was too old to care for her so they sent her to Iowa to live with her great aunt where she was a slave to the woman in a wheelchair.
She met Tom who was the foreman and he helped her from time to time.
She meets a boy in school who she teaches French to and he teaches her to write in the English way.
After the years and she is now 21 and he had given her a car to
Addie Calvitt
Lindsey
Apr 14, 2013 Lindsey rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults trying to learn English
Gah, Danielle Steel is one of the worst authors I've ever read. She basically writes children's books with adult subjects. The writing is probably less than a fifth grade level.

"She felt scared and alone. She felt lonely." That's an example of some of the repetitious writing you'll find in her books.

I gave this two stars because "it was OK." It entertained me, and I sympathized with the main character, but no more Danielle Steel for me. I like fluffy reads, but her writing is beyond fluff. I alr
jenna nims
Dec 30, 2008 jenna nims rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: FLUFFERS
first off - this book was for an assignment - read any romance novel - so i did
ok - this book was written so simply and the words/ideas were so repetitive that it was super easy to read and if i had not known better would have thought it belonged in the juvenile fiction section (minus a few paragraphs)
There were some heavy subjects dealt with in a fluffy way and nothing was written about in depth - it was very vague and generic - very stereotypical, but yet I did finish it but kind of threw it a
Keatlaretse Sepheko
It is rather interesting but i just hated the relationship between Marie-Ange and Bernard from the beginning,mostly because of the age difference. All in all,i have read the best of Danielle Steel novels and this one was average but i still respect her work.
Car
It is so sad when a young child loses its parents and is left to people who don't care about him or her. Poor Marie-Ange was one such child who had a family who adored her. Then, when she lost her parents and her brother in one tragic car accident, she was left in the care of her great-aunt who was a horrible witch. Not a real witch, mind you, but a totally uncaring person. Marie-Ange was lucky to develop a wonderful relationship with Billy, although that's not likely to be the case in real life ...more
Guylene Milner
I can't believe I've gone all these years without reading Danielle Steels books. I'm on a roll. They are a fast read and very interesting.
Yalinda Carames
Es una obra muy emotiva, la cual me recordó un poco a la vida secreta de las abejas, de Sue Monk Kidd, una de mis historias favoritas.

En esta novela Danielle trata de mostrarnos todos los sentimientos que una persona puede llegar a sentir, el amor, el dolor, el sufrimiento, las alegrías, las decepciones, los sueños, las ilusiones y mucho mas. Pero en muchas ocasiones las cosas no son lo que parecen ser y lamentablemente las mentiras y el engaño tienden a seducirnos, pero si mantenemos nuestra F
Ruby :)
Man,this was a time in my life when all I ever read was Danielle Steel...
Jen Bury
typical Danielle Steel
Meryl
Marie Ange Hawkins is a freedom loving child born to rich parents in a french manor. Her life suddenly changes when she loses her only family in a road accident. She goes to live a hard life with her aunt in the USA and finds friendship in the form of Billy Parker. A sudden wish to visit her old manor leads her to meeting Bernard de Beauchamp, the new owner of Marmouton, her home. Her relationship with him and her bravery in the face of deceit and tragedy leads her to take her leap of faith, tru ...more
Amani Annabel
Poor Marie-Ange:(
Kim Thompson
Good story. It was typical DS. But I love typical DS.
Katy Ipock
I feel like the ending could have been stronger
Danielle Steel Bo...: Leap of Faith 1 3 Nov 20, 2012 08:51PM
Is "life" ever fair? 3 12 Jan 05, 2012 08:00AM
  • Danielle Steel
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1) (Silhouette Desire, #2016)
  • Lake Magic
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle + Driven to Distraction + Taken for a Ride
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Flirting with Temptation
  • Kentucky Rich
  • Keeping Christmas
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Here Comes Trouble
  • Love, Life and Linguine
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things