Start by marking “Wildest Dreams” as Want to Read:
Wildest Dreams

Wildest Dreams

When Joletta Caresse's beloved grandmother dies, she takes with her the secret formula to a legendary perfume believed to have been worn by Cleopatra and Empress Josephine --- that is now the most desperately sought perfume on the market. Joletta's only clue to the formula is the journals written by her ancestress, Violet Fossier, who in 1854 made a grand tour of Europe.

As
Mass Market Paperback, 436 pages
Published December 29th 1993 by Fawcett (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Wildest Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildest Dreams

Alison
Jan 02, 2017 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reminiscent of Mary Stewart, 'Wildest Dreams' captures the imagination and takes you on a languid and luscious tour of Europe. Two love stories and a hidden treasure, as well as other secrets to be shared, make this a mixture of romance with a drop or two of danger that deserves to be experienced breath by breath.
Cary
Oct 29, 2016 Cary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This never went where I thought it would and I loved the heroine who was true to herself, resourceful and honest. I certainly enjoyed the ride! It was also by today's standards fairly clean.
Thom Swennes
Feb 05, 2016 Thom Swennes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The nose knows and Jolette Caresse a testament to that. Fossier’s Royal Perfume, a successful business for almost a hundred and fifty years, has been in the family from the beginning. Now, with the death of Mimi, her grandmother, threatens to destroy it all. The perfumery’s most famous and consequently best-selling perfume was known as La Jordin de Cour and is rumored to stem from the Royal Court of Cleopatra and was brought into Europe by no less than Napoleon Bonaparte and was given to his emp ...more
Andriana Palas
Blake is a strong writer and I love her heroines, but I admit I got a little antsy reading this. It was ambitious, and I loved that she went back and forth through history, but I actually wanted to stick to the main, modern-day plotline. Still, blake's writing is good and her heroine smart, savvy, and appealing.
Julie
Feb 21, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wildest Dreams by Jennifer Blake is a 1992 publication.
What a great story. Joletta has her world turned upside down when her fiancee decides he's not ready for marriage after all and then her grandmother dies suddenly, taking with her the formula for their most famous perfume. Joletta' s relatives are dying to get their hands on the formula so they can sell it to a large cosmetic company, making them quite wealthy. But, Joletta doesn't want to sell and her grandmother left her an old journal wr
April
May 17, 2013 April rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance, e-book
This story starts out very interesting. Joletta's grandmother has died without passing on the recipe to the family perfume shop's most famous perfume. Joletta's ancestress Violet got the recipe while on a trip in Europe. Joletta heads to Europe with Violet's journal to see if retracing the steps of her ancestor will help elucidate the perfume recipe. Joletta encounters attempts on her life.
We flash back to Violet's experiences and life. At first this is very interesting but it begins to bog down
Victor
I really liked this one. It was very well written and kept you wanting to read till finished. The moving from the present to the past was done fluently and the characters were well defined. I was really into the perfume chemistry and the flower meanings behind them and it gave me an educated buying experience when I get a perfume in the future for my girlfriends.

This is one that I really recommend for the love story behind the suspense both past and present. You will feel exhausted but satisfied
Pansy
What a wonderful story! First, I have to say, as a collector of Pansies, I loved how they were featured in this story! And the story - what a beautiful telling of a young woman learning her history. A fun romp through Europe! Falling in love. I really think this book had a bit of everything. Action, adventure, romance, and let's not forget, family drama! I really loved how this ended. You must read this. You will like it!
Helm Ehmy Ilarde
The first book of Jennifer Blake's that I've read. It's been years but I can still remember that it's the first and only out of all the books I've read that made me literally cry: tears, snot and all. I just couldn't help myself then but it's the reason why I really love this book. It's a book that wretches emotions out of me and I never really cry on books. 5 out of 5 for the great quality and uniqueness of the story!
Janet L. Hage
Sep 14, 2015 Janet L. Hage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story mystery

Mixture of modern New Orleans, modern Europe, and Europe of the Crimea war and the world of perfume. Mystery, suspense, history, romance all bouncing betwixt eras. Excellent characterization and storyline. This a story you don't want to miss with all the nods to historical names. Adult readers
FeelNotFight
Nov 04, 2016 FeelNotFight rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest I read only the beginning and because it was wack I just stopped to find sth more interesting, maybe later the book would be better and maybe I'll try again but for now there are tons of books to check and I'll read the whole book only when they get me interested. Maybe I am wrong, idk, I didn't read even the half of the book :/
Priscilla Robinson
Slow but a big finish

It took a while for me to fully get into the storyline. It was a bit confusing going between the two sets of main characters. Still I was intrigued enough to want to find out more about the people. The ending was great. I really enjoyed this book.
JoAn Falls
Apr 03, 2016 JoAn Falls rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unforgettable!

Wow, this story is so heartwarming and heartbreaking. It grabs you from the first and keeps you spellbound till the end. A story you want to read over and over so it never has to end
Anastasia
Jun 22, 2014 Anastasia rated it liked it
I was not expecting that ending, it surprised me a bit. I loved and hated the part where Joletta was playing hard to get with Rone. They are, in my mind, the reincarnation of her ancestors. It was a beautiful love story!
Jenniffer
Bonita, triste pero tediosa en muchas partes.
Victoria Newman
May 01, 2016 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Susan
Jan 15, 2016 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Loved this one!
Crystal
Some parts are great and the rest of the book is very slow. I've read better from this author.
Alexandrea
Decent to pass the time for an Amazon freebie. Some characters much better developed than others.
Sue
Sue rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2011
Amanda Williams
Amanda Williams rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Alina Geambasu
Alina Geambasu rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2017
Trine
Trine rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2012
Inka
Inka rated it really liked it
May 10, 2013
Dina Hassan
Dina Hassan rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Linda S
Linda S rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Almost an Angel
  • Second Harmony
  • Another Dawn
  • Swan's Way
  • West of Paradise
  • Hooked (Romance on the Edge, #2)
  • Lady Miracle (Faulkener Family, #2)
  • Cry of the West: Hallie (Finding Home Series)
  • Mystic Memories
  • Best Laid Plans
  • A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree
  • The Sun and the Moon (Wexford Family, #2; Lords of Conquest, #2)
  • She Does Know Jack
  • Unlock the Truth (Desert Heat #1)
  • Creighton Manor
  • Just In Time (Portals of Time, #1)
  • Once and Forever
  • Savage Horizons (Blue Hawk Saga, #1)
A pseudonym used by Patricia Maxwell.

Jennifer Blake has been called a “pioneer of the romance genre”, and an “icon of the romance industry.” A New York Times and international best selling author since 1977, she is a charter member of Romance Writers of America, member of the RWA Hall of Fame, and recipient of the RWA Lifetime Achievement Rita. She holds numerous other honors, including two “Maggi
More about Jennifer Blake...