Start by marking “44 Cranberry Point” as Want to Read:
44 Cranberry Point

44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove #4)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  9,951 Ratings  ·  339 Reviews
Peggy Beldon
Thyme and Tide B and B
Cedar Cove, WashingtonDear Reader,

I" love" living in Cedar Cove, but things haven't been the same since a man died in our B and B. Turns out his name was Max Russell, and Bob had known him briefly in Vietnam.We still don't have any idea why he came here and -- most important of all -- who killed him. Because it now appe
Published January 1st 2007 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2004)

Suzanne
Nov 02, 2015 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
It is a cliche but again I was happy to be coming home to Cedar Cove. Another safe bet after attempting a very weighty read by the name of Jayber Crow.

This offering was centred around a murder, which does feel a bit odd in this series, but it's lightweight and meant for fun and fuzzy.

Ms Macomber has a way of presenting us with a group of characters, mostly wholesome, and if not, they're only mildly bad. Most attend church which is a funny and refreshing twist in these trying times of constant
TL
Aug 18, 2015 TL rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a bit more slow moving than the previous installments but it never moved into 'boring' territory for me. There was enough momentum with each story arc to keep everything going and we get answers to the mysterious man at the Thyme and Tide.

A few times I did want to shake these people... Ian's feelings and Jon's were understandable and I don't blame Olivia's brother for wanting to be careful.

Some of the 'conflict', while making sense of a sort for each situation, felt off to me. I kno
Drebbles
Mar 11, 2010 Drebbles rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006
"44 Cranberry Point", the fourth book in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series, focuses mainly on solving the mystery of the man who died while staying at Bob and Peggy Beldon's Bed and Breakfast. Cedar Cove in general is excited about a "dog and bachelor" auction fundraiser, but several of the residents also have other things on their mind. Jon Bowman and Maryellen Sherman are in love and have a child, but disagree about Jon's relationship with his parents. Grace Sherman is still dealing with the ...more
Marianne
Apr 24, 2011 Marianne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
44 Cranberry Point is the fourth novel in the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber. Olivia and Grace and all our favourite locals in Cedar Cove make an appearance. Olivia returns from her honeymoon with Jack and tries to adjust to married life. Grace goes all out to win back Cliff Harding after having lost his trust. Maryellen and Jon tie the knot, and there’s another surprise wedding….. The mystery of the man who died at the Thyme and Tide B&B is finally solved, but another mystery, this ti ...more
Nirit
Apr 08, 2017 Nirit rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
סידרת סידר קוב היא כמו אופרת סבון כייפית שתמיד נחמד לחזור אליה. אין כאן דרמות מיוחדות, אין עלילות מסמרות שיער, אין תובנות מעמיקות, אלא רק עיירה אמריקאית נחמדה על שלל תושביה, כשבכל ספר מהסידרה עוקבים אחרי מה שעובר על כמה מהם.
זה נחמד, זה זורם וזה קליל.
Typicalkiki
Mar 22, 2012 Typicalkiki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-fun
I don't know why I keep reading this series, probably because every book leaves you hanging so I have to keep reading the next to find out what happens.
Nothing really happened in this book and it focused on most of the characters that I don't really like.
It seems like the people in this town are oblivious to everything and everybody around them, until something is spelled out for them. And every married character wants to end their marriage as soon as they have a fight with their spouse.
Michelle Burgard
Still...

Totally in love with this series. Macomber is amazing with how she weaves these stories together. The silly moments, sad ones, and anxious ones fill the pages as the lives of the Cedar Cove residents are spilled before us.
Shelley
Aug 03, 2013 Shelley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**
SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**

I have read all the books in this series up to this point and a few things are very clear:

1. None of Macomber's characters have a clue how to talk to each other. In this book, we're treated to marital troubles between Olivia/Jack, Mary Ellen/John, and Ian/Cecilia. All of the troubles presented could have easily been solved with a little communication between the characters. It'
Jessalee Shields-Dulaney
Mar 07, 2016 Jessalee Shields-Dulaney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessy
Debbie does it again. Wow!! I am loving her Cedar Cove series and this is just the 3rd book. Seems as if I can't read them fast enough but don't want to finish them either. I cannot believe how some of the characters stories are playing out and so looking forward to seeing if what I have figured out is right. I love the feelings that you get from reading this series. I feel as if I am right in Cedar Cove with them and going thru all the emotions this book evokes in me. I truly highly recommend t ...more
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
Not much really happened in this book. We did find out at the very end who killed the man in the B&B, but that's about it. Otherwise it felt like no big revelations in the book, just setting stuff up for the next one... like Cecilia's pregnant again and Roy is getting mysterious messages. Very little of Charlotte in this one. So far, this book was the least interesting of the series. Everything was familiar, it just moved so slowly and felt like nothing really was happening. The bachelor auc ...more
Kim
Jan 09, 2016 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
I enjoy the TV show and like the characters. The conflicts are sometimes "trying" and you want to shake some sense into people, but otherwise these are uncomplicated, lighthearted romances that read very easily.
Ladyacct
Oct 31, 2011 Ladyacct rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy it when an author surprises me with a conclusion of a situation in a book. Got two with this one. I am really enjoying this series and would HIGHLY recommend not reading out of order.

No typos/editing issues noted.

Becky Ames
Mar 20, 2017 Becky Ames rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series!
Sandra Klinkhammer
Ok but not great.

This book was a little hard to follow all the characters in their various problems. It also doesn't finish the story of some of the characters.
Katie Leversuch
Jun 20, 2010 Katie Leversuch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis:

Peggy Beldon
Thyme and Tide B and B
Cedar Cove, Washington

Dear Reader,

I love living in Cedar Cove, but things haven't been the same since a man died in our B and B. Turns out his name was Max Russell, and Bob had known him briefly in Vietnam.We still don't have any idea why he came here and--most important of all--who killed him. Because it now appears that he was poisoned. I sure hope somebody figures it out soon!

Not that we're providing the only news in Cedar Co
Phyllis
Jun 06, 2013 Phyllis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book in the Cedar Cove series. I enjoyed learning more about the lives of the inhabitants of Cedar Cove. The 3rd book left the cliff hanger of who killed Maxwell Russell. I am glad we finally find out at the end of this book who it was. I was quite surprised by it. I didn't see it coming even though I should have. I just wish it didn't take the whole book to find out. This book is leaving us with more cliff hangers. I think the most strangest and exciting one is going to be why a ...more
Tammie
Several story lines were wrapped up in 44 Cranberry Point leaving just two remaining unresolved for the next book in the series. The ones I'm the most happy about are...

Grace, mostly because that story line was way overdue for a resolution, even though Grace was a little like a stalker the way she kept sending the postcards and letters to Cliff after he broke things off with her. I broke up with someone once and they did that to me. It did not make me want to see them again, it had the opposite
Jonel Boyko
This novel was like a warm hug in the arms of a good friend. There is a natural flow to this story that mirrors the way that life happens. It really gives you the full impact of the tales that Macomber tells. She combines the sweetness of some of the best parts of life, with the heartache of the worst. Everything is so real and alive that you can’t help but become a part of it, rather than simply a passive observer.

I love how you feel like part of the town while reading this novel. Macomber’s ch
Christine
Jan 03, 2013 Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Book 4 in the Cedar Cove series focuses on Bob and Peggy Beldon, owners of the Thyme & Tide B&B. After Bob's Vietnam buddy is found dead in one of their guest rooms, the Beldon's are worried about Bob's safety. They don't know who killed Max (the war Vet) and aren't sure if an incident that happened long ago in the military has come back to haunt him. When Max's distraught daughter arrives on their doorstop searching for shelter answers, Peggy welcomes her and they try to solve the myst ...more
Shonda
Jul 11, 2009 Shonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Olivia Lockhart, Grace Sherman and their family and friends are back in this fourth installment of the Cedar Cove series. 44 Cranberry Point picks up where 311 Pelican Court ended. Bob and Peggy Beldon find themselves in the middle of a murder investigation and are shocked when they learn the killer’s identity and the motive for the murder.

Ms. Macomber continues the stories of the popular characters: Olivia and her mother, Charlotte, Grace and her daughters, Jack Griffin and Cliff Harding. New c
Donna
Oct 05, 2010 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
44 Cranberry Point is where Peggy and Bob Beldon live. They have a bed and breakfast called Thyme and Tide. They had a gentleman appear on a stormy night to spend the night in one of the rooms. Bob felt he seemed familiar but gave no further thought to it. The man said he would have information filled out by morning for Peggy. The next morning when the man did not get out of bed or leave his room, the Beldon unlocked the door and found him dead. A mystery ensued as to who this man was and why he ...more
Trish (trishie7)
it seems like everyone in this town gets pregnant so easily! i'm surprised olivia or grace did not get pregnant as well.

also in the past books it's the same pattern -- date, get pregnant, break up, have the baby and reconcile and get married. nothing wrong with that but it is getting predictable.

the main characters are still enjoyable to read and keep up with. the new character hannah, was a little frustrating to read, as she was portrayed as being so timid and scared.

i like the mystery in the
Katie B-K
This series continues to be marginally interesting and somewhat politically problematic. I enjoy finding out what happens to the characters and I like most of them, but the fact that the story lines are both repetitive between books such that sometimes nothing much happens and also that there are so many story lines that each one is thin is frustrating at best.
Nicola Clough
Oct 16, 2016 Nicola Clough rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Debbie's books such easy reads and great characters and story lines. Lovely to go back to cedar cove and when a man turns up at the local B&B dies it turns out he was called max and he and the man who owns the B&B was in Vietnam with him years ago and a story unfolds to how he died. There is also other things going on as well and can people find happiness and love or not.
Alysha
Jul 02, 2012 Alysha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I just seems that I can not get enough of this series. At the end of every book you are left wondering what will happen next. It is more mystery than romance but I still like it. On to the next for me.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Eh, this one was just okay for me. I didn't care as much about Peggy and her worries of her husband, Ray. Or was it Roy? The writing was just fine, but the characters weren't engaging for me.
Jane(Janelba)
Loved this book and didn't guess the murderer until just before it was announced in the book. Now on to book 5
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Cedar Cove Novel
Category: Contemporary Romance
Sarah Smith
44 CRANBERRY POINT, the fourth novel included in the Cedar Cove series, is the fourth novel that I have read by Debbie Macomber. Because I had enjoyed reading 16 LIGHTHOUSE ROAD, 204 ROSEWOOD LANE, and 311 PELICAN COURT so much, I could not wait to continue reading the Cedar Cove series. I unexpectedly came to realize that the previous novel, 311 PELICAN COURT, was the best novel included in the Cedar Cove series so far. So, of course... Having said that, I had extremely high expectations as I a ...more
Marilyn
Mar 07, 2017 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many characters!! I didn't read the first three books and I think that would have helped keep everyone straight although the character description in the front of the book helped.

So, anyway, my suggestion is to start this series at the beginning. That should help with knowing who is who.
  • Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)
  • Dockside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #3)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9)
  • Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Cedar Cove (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)
  • 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2)
  • 311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove, #3)
  • 50 Harbor Street (Cedar Cove, #5)
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • 74 Seaside Avenue (Cedar Cove, #7)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove, #9)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)
  • 1105 Yakima Street (Cedar Cove, #11)