Start by marking “Elektra Omnibus” as Want to Read:
Elektra Omnibus

Elektra Omnibus (Elektra)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Good ninjas never die, let alone the baddest one of all.

Fan favorite Frank Miller ushers his awesome assassin through good and evil and life and death and rebirth and more! Who is the unearthly entity in pursuit of the presidency. When has Elektra met her greatest triumphs and tragedies? Why did she die and how did she return? Where do smarmy cyborgs and killer dwarves com
Hardcover
Published October 29th 2008 by Marvel Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Elektra Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elektra Omnibus

Astonishing X-Men Omnibus by Joss WhedonCaptain America Omnibus, Vol. 1 by Ed BrubakerThe Ultimates Omnibus by Mark MillarImmortal Iron Fist Omnibus by Ed BrubakerNew X-Men Omnibus by Grant Morrison
Marvel Omnibus Books
48th out of 58 books — 25 voters
X-Men by Chris ClaremontMarvels by Kurt BusiekX-Men by Chris ClaremontThe Infinity Gauntlet by Jim StarlinAstonishing X-Men, Vol. 1 by Joss Whedon
Best of Marvel Comics
106th out of 199 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Gavin
This edition contains Elektra: Assassin, the 8 issue saga by Frank Miller, along with Bizarre Adventures #28, What If...? #35 (What If Bullseye had not killed Elektra), and Elektra Lives Again.
Elektra Assassin is the strongest of the bunch, an 80s Cold War US era piece mixing story about Elektra with the story of SHIELD Agent John Garrett, how they get tangled up in a plot to destroy the world via Nuclear Holocaust. The art is great, the story is a little out there at times, but shares much with
Scott
I believe this omnibus collects all of Frank Miller's Elektra work outside of Daredevil's regular ongoing series.

First is an obscure, untitled vignette from Marvel's black-and-white magazine Bizarre Adventures. Elektra has second thoughts about a job from a questionable employer.

"What if Elektra Had Lived?" provides an alternate outcome for a classic Daredevil story -- although, as the Watcher points out, even this happy ending may not last forever.

"Elektra: Assassin" is an eight-part limited se
Kathleen
I haven't finished reading yet, but I'll review now since I have a pretty clear idea my impression (can always edit later if I get a stunningly different opinion by the end of the book, right?)

The first thing, I think, that will probably strike anyone about this book is the unique art-- very experimental, and I like that. Looks like a lot of acrylic, watercolor, un-inked pencil, crayon, who knows what else, decoupagy-badly-photocopied b+w photos... It works well with the effervescent nature of t
Hamish
I've noticed that there's a distinct difference in the work Frank Miller does for established characters (specifically DD and Batman, discounting anything he's done since 2000) and work he does on his own creations. And as much as I want to adopt the "damn that editorial interference, let the man follow his own vision" attitude which is a good one 90% of the time, maybe a little editorial interference can go a long way with 'ol Frank. When he has to rein it in a little because he's working with ...more
Russell Grant
Pretty good omnibus. ELEKTRA ASSASSIN is as far out there as Miller has ever been story wise. The art is surreal and brilliantly adds to the story. the story is a bit of a hodgepodge, this was my fourth go round and I'm still don't know if I understand everything that was going on. 3.5/5

The real treat though was the under rated ELEKTRA LIVES AGAIN. This is Millers last go writing/drawing a Daredevil story, and it's hell of a job. A heart breaking story of lost love is matched by what is Millers
Paul
By the time I got to reading this, I was pretty blasé about the whole "gritty-heroes-in-a-realistic-setting" phase of Frank Miller. There's nothing all that memorable about the story in this book.
However, Bill Sienkewitz is at the top of his form in this, his art style is all his own. As hard as it is to describe, Sienkewitz is a nouvel-age-post-modern-psychedelic-almost-to-the-point-of-abstractism... better yet, just take a look at his artwork and judge for yourself.
Paul Dinger
This is a great series. Though it does reveal one of Frank Miller's great faults, that he is better with stories than with big plots, Bill Sienkiewicz' art is also wonderful as it literally goes from children's drawing to realism to Picasso like abstractism. This was the first of their collaborations and it brings out the best in Sienkiewicz,.
Michelle
Hmm, I'm not sure how to rate this because I *loved* Bill Sienkiewicz's art, but hate Frank Miller's writing.
GuiOhm
GuiOhm marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Ahmed Asar
Ahmed Asar marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Aarcanum Black
Aarcanum Black marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Sean Batezel
Sean Batezel marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Nazlı
Nazlı marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Kevin Joseph
Kevin Joseph marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Javier Castro
Javier Castro marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Melissa Doherty
Melissa Doherty marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Frank Miller is an American writer, artist and film director best known for his film noir-style comic book stories. He is one of the most widely-recognized and popular creators in comics, and is one of the most influential comics creators of his generation. His most notable works include Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One and 300.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the
More about Frank Miller...
Batman: Year One Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Sin City, Vol. 1: The Hard Goodbye (Sin City, #1) 300 Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1