Start by marking “Seasons: A Book of Poems” as Want to Read:
Seasons: A Book of Poems

Seasons: A Book of Poems

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  7 reviews
There is a special kind of quiet

Which every household knows;

We hear it in our sleep

Upon the first night that it snows.

With the signature warmth and insight that have made her one of the most heralded children's authors, Charlotte Zolotow has crafted her first I Can Read Book a beautiful collection of forty poems portraying the highlights and emotions of a child's year.

Ages...more
Published February 18th 2003 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons

Leatha
Dec 11, 2011 Leatha added it
This is a book of over 40 poems about the seasons. Mostly told through the eyes of a child.

I would recommend this book for children K-3 grade. It has simple words for children learning to read the verses are clever, full of emotions, and entertaining. It is a book that is easily understood for younger children not yet able to read.
Andi
Very sweet poems about the seasons. They're short enough that beginning readers (and even more advanced readers) won't get bored. The vocabulary and rhyme is charming, simple but not dum dum... May even give them a nudge to draw what they've read : )
Hannah
A great book of beginning poems with beautiful illustrations. I think my favorites were "First Snow" and "The Crickets."
Dana
Jun 18, 2008 Dana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: poems
I liked these poems.

One that I read was A small pine tree. It reminded me of this little Christmas tree I used to have.
Ruth
I love this book of poetry. The poems are so simple,but poignant. It is a great introductory tool to poetry and the seasons.
Jim
Jun 07, 2011 Jim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: poetry
Beautiful art by Erik Blegvad, reminds me of Ernest Shepard
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Gjg
Gjg marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Disha Sankhla
Disha Sankhla marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Rob Buckel
Rob Buckel marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Rachel
Rachel added it
Apr 14, 2012
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Allison C. McCulloch
Allison C. McCulloch marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2011
Charlotte Zolotow (born Charlotte Gertrude Shapiro) was an American author, poet, editor, and publisher of many books for children.
She was published by more than 20 different houses (many of which she has outlasted). She was an editor, and later publisher, at Harper & Row, which was called Harper & Brothers when she began to work there and is now known as HarperCollins.
Among the many write...more
More about Charlotte Zolotow...
Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present William's Doll The Storm Book When the Wind Stops Big Sister and Little Sister