Start by marking “Seasons: A Book of Poems” as Want to Read:
Seasons: A Book of Poems

Seasons: A Book of Poems

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  9 reviews
There is a special kind of quiet

Which every household knows;

We hear it in our sleep

Upon the first night that it snows.

With the signature warmth and insight that have made her one of the most heralded children's authors, Charlotte Zolotow has crafted her first I Can Read Book a beautiful collection of forty poems portraying the highlights and emotions of a child's year.

Published February 18th 2003 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons

Kelly Grimes
I chose to read the poem Falling Leaves

Personal reaction- I really enjoyed this poem but only if it were to be read to a kindergarten or even younger grade level. It is very straight forward poem that can teach young children about the season of fall. I really enjoyed the illustration of this poem too. Even though it is a short poem, it still provides a illustration that adds to the poem, drawing my eyes to the poem and wanting to read the poem.I would have enjoyed this poem more if it were just
Denise Talamantez
I love how each of the seasons are portrayed by the superb illustrations.
Dec 11, 2011 Leatha added it
This is a book of over 40 poems about the seasons. Mostly told through the eyes of a child.

I would recommend this book for children K-3 grade. It has simple words for children learning to read the verses are clever, full of emotions, and entertaining. It is a book that is easily understood for younger children not yet able to read.
Very sweet poems about the seasons. They're short enough that beginning readers (and even more advanced readers) won't get bored. The vocabulary and rhyme is charming, simple but not dum dum... May even give them a nudge to draw what they've read : )
A great book of beginning poems with beautiful illustrations. I think my favorites were "First Snow" and "The Crickets."
Jun 18, 2008 Dana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: poems
I liked these poems.

One that I read was A small pine tree. It reminded me of this little Christmas tree I used to have.
I love this book of poetry. The poems are so simple,but poignant. It is a great introductory tool to poetry and the seasons.
Jun 07, 2011 Jim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: poetry
Beautiful art by Erik Blegvad, reminds me of Ernest Shepard
Janis Kay
Janis Kay marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Alison marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Dana Leon-Guerrero
Dana Leon-Guerrero marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Alex added it
Aug 11, 2015
Brandi marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Katee Warren
Katee Warren marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Shahar added it
Jan 25, 2015
Josh Mullins
Josh Mullins marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
J. marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Gjg marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Disha Sankhla
Disha Sankhla marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Rob Buckel
Rob Buckel marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Charlotte Zolotow (born Charlotte Gertrude Shapiro) was an American author, poet, editor, and publisher of many books for children.
She was published by more than 20 different houses (many of which she has outlasted). She was an editor, and later publisher, at Harper & Row, which was called Harper & Brothers when she began to work there and is now known as HarperCollins.
Among the many write
More about Charlotte Zolotow...