Blank-133x176
The Triple Hoax

Carolyn Keene

The Triple Hoax (Nancy Drew #57)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,427 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Aunt Eloise invites Nancy, Bess, and George to New York to help a friend who has been swindled out of a sizable sum of money. There, the girls see a performance of a magicians' group who stun their audiences with clever sleight-of-hand tricks. Because the magicians temporarily remove people's wallets and handbags, Nancy feels the actors aren't above suspicion. Her hunch i...more
Published November 15th 1979 by Wanderer Books (first published January 1st 1979)

John
I consider this to be the first real chapter book I ever read, and it jump started my journey into reading with a passion. I owe a lot to it!
Jessi
Wow. Some Nancy Drew mysteries carry through to present day just fine. This one... did not.
Nancy is called into the mystery when a friend of her aunt's is defrauded of some money. This fraud is connected to a group of magicians who call themselves the hoaxsters. Just couldn't handle the story. Nancy was being a ninny.
Christine
The first Nancy Drew book I ever laid eyes on (at 8 years old). I became a fan for life and solidly read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys until I was 13. This was one of my most cherished books.
Allison
Why in the world are these books so popular?? I like a good mystery and I don't dislike books written for a much younger audience, but this book was just bad. It was poorly written and it was rambly and it was not believable. Maybe someone younger could appreciate it? Except, I keep thinking about what CS Lewis said "no book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally - and often far more - worth reading at the age of 50 and beyond." So, this book should be skipped by all.
John Yelverton
For some reason, it was not as good as the other Nancy Drew books that I have read, but in the same breath, it was like running into an old friend that you haven't seen for a long time.
Alex
This is such a good book because Nacy Drew has this Mystery that she has to solve and it is like this little girl is kidnapped and she has to find her!
Marts  (Thinker)
In the Triple Hoax, Nancy, Bess and George go to New York and end up meeting some magicians and finally solving another case
Sandra Hernandez
i loved the extra pictures they added..u can see the change from when simon and schulster took over..but still a great book.
Gabrielle
This a really good book, can't wait for more!
Partridge Public
Kimberly
Jul 25, 2010 Kimberly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Nancy Drew fanatic
Shelves: adventure, mystery
Read it and it was good.
Anika Schmid
Anika Schmid marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Golden
Golden marked it as to-read
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Vishesh Gupta
Vishesh Gupta marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Cheyenne Phillips
Cheyenne Phillips marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Emma krzemnski
Emma krzemnski marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Elly
Elly added it
Jul 20, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Linnéa Nordström
Linnéa Nordström marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • The Clue of the Screeching Owl (Hardy Boys, #41)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str...more
More about Carolyn Keene...
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)