Start by marking “The Triple Hoax” as Want to Read:
The Triple Hoax

The Triple Hoax (Nancy Drew #57)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,576 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Aunt Eloise invites Nancy, Bess, and George to New York to help a friend who has been swindled out of a sizable sum of money. There, the girls see a performance of a magicians' group who stun their audiences with clever sleight-of-hand tricks. Because the magicians temporarily remove people's wallets and handbags, Nancy feels the actors aren't above suspicion. Her hunch is
Published October 1st 1979 by Wanderer Books (first published January 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about The Triple Hoax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Triple Hoax

John
I consider this to be the first real chapter book I ever read, and it jump started my journey into reading with a passion. I owe a lot to it!
Amanda
Jessi
Wow. Some Nancy Drew mysteries carry through to present day just fine. This one... did not.
Nancy is called into the mystery when a friend of her aunt's is defrauded of some money. This fraud is connected to a group of magicians who call themselves the hoaxsters. Just couldn't handle the story. Nancy was being a ninny.
Christine
The first Nancy Drew book I ever laid eyes on (at 8 years old). I became a fan for life and solidly read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys until I was 13. This was one of my most cherished books.
Sydney
this one is probalt the best nancy drew book i've read. she goes to threee states to trackdown the theif she always has a clever way of finding the theif
Joy Gerbode
Although written by the same author, there is a completely different voice in this book than what I've come to expect. Of course, this book was written much later than the majority of the series, and I was delighted to pick up this and a few others of the last of the hardback original series. Almost have them all, and will enjoy reading them once. Not sure I'll want to keep these latest ones, though. Mystery is not as well developed, conversations seem stilted, and the whole book just felt "off" ...more
Allison
Why in the world are these books so popular?? I like a good mystery and I don't dislike books written for a much younger audience, but this book was just bad. It was poorly written and it was rambly and it was not believable. Maybe someone younger could appreciate it? Except, I keep thinking about what CS Lewis said "no book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally - and often far more - worth reading at the age of 50 and beyond." So, this book should be skipped by all.
John Yelverton
For some reason, it was not as good as the other Nancy Drew books that I have read, but in the same breath, it was like running into an old friend that you haven't seen for a long time.
Alex
This is such a good book because Nacy Drew has this Mystery that she has to solve and it is like this little girl is kidnapped and she has to find her!
Marts  (Thinker)
In the Triple Hoax, Nancy, Bess and George go to New York and end up meeting some magicians and finally solving another case
Sandra Hernandez
i loved the extra pictures they added..u can see the change from when simon and schulster took over..but still a great book.
Gabrielle Link
This a really good book, can't wait for more!
Partridge Public
Kimberly
Jul 25, 2010 Kimberly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Nancy Drew fanatic
Shelves: adventure, mystery
Read it and it was good.
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Madhoo
Madhoo marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Blossom
Blossom marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Caren Clariza
Caren Clariza marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
dorxy
dorxy marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Andi
Andi marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Sarah added it
May 10, 2015
  • The Mystery of the Chinese Junk (Hardy Boys, #39)
  • Murder in Miniature (Miniature Mystery, #1)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)
  • The Battle for Gotham: New York in the Shadow of Robert Moses and Jane Jacobs
  • The World in a City: Traveling the Globe Through the Neighborhoods of the New New York
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in the Country (Bobbsey Twins, #2)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew, #10)
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)