Start by marking “The Triple Hoax” as Want to Read:
The Triple Hoax

The Triple Hoax (Nancy Drew #57)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,794 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Aunt Eloise invites Nancy, Bess, and George to New York to help a friend who has been swindled out of a sizable sum of money. There, the girls see a performance of a magicians' group who stun their audiences with clever sleight-of-hand tricks. Because the magicians temporarily remove people's wallets and handbags, Nancy feels the actors aren't above suspicion. Her hunch is
Published October 1st 1979 by Wanderer Books (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about The Triple Hoax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Triple Hoax

Joy Gerbode
Although written by the same author, there is a completely different voice in this book than what I've come to expect. Of course, this book was written much later than the majority of the series, and I was delighted to pick up this and a few others of the last of the hardback original series. Almost have them all, and will enjoy reading them once. Not sure I'll want to keep these latest ones, though. Mystery is not as well developed, conversations seem stilted, and the whole book just felt "off" ...more
Jessi
Wow. Some Nancy Drew mysteries carry through to present day just fine. This one... did not.
Nancy is called into the mystery when a friend of her aunt's is defrauded of some money. This fraud is connected to a group of magicians who call themselves the hoaxsters. Just couldn't handle the story. Nancy was being a ninny.
Jonathan
Jan 05, 2008 Jonathan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nancy-drew
I consider this to be the first real chapter book I ever read, and it jump started my journey into reading with a passion. I owe a lot to it!
Amanda
Jan 01, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Christine
May 13, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first Nancy Drew book I ever laid eyes on (at 8 years old). I became a fan for life and solidly read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys until I was 13. This was one of my most cherished books.
Sydney
Feb 22, 2015 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this one is probalt the best nancy drew book i've read. she goes to threee states to trackdown the theif she always has a clever way of finding the theif
Tay
Jul 24, 2016 Tay rated it liked it
Solid meh book, but it's getting off my shelf so that's worth something. Not my favorite Nancy Drew book I've read by any stretch of the imagination.
Allison
Jul 13, 2013 Allison rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Why in the world are these books so popular?? I like a good mystery and I don't dislike books written for a much younger audience, but this book was just bad. It was poorly written and it was rambly and it was not believable. Maybe someone younger could appreciate it? Except, I keep thinking about what CS Lewis said "no book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally - and often far more - worth reading at the age of 50 and beyond." So, this book should be skipped by all.
Krishnakumar
Nov 06, 2015 Krishnakumar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really good and thrilling
Adrienn Vincze
Elég gyenge történet, minden nevetségesen jól alakul benne, sokszor a fordulatok a legkevésbé sem életszerűek, az események nem elég kidolgozottak, kicsit olyan érzésem volt olvasás közben, mintha kicsit össze lenne csapva... szerintem ha gyerekként olvasom el, még akkor se tetszett volna...
John Yelverton
Dec 31, 2012 John Yelverton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For some reason, it was not as good as the other Nancy Drew books that I have read, but in the same breath, it was like running into an old friend that you haven't seen for a long time.
Alex
Sep 17, 2008 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a good book because Nacy Drew has this Mystery that she has to solve and it is like this little girl is kidnapped and she has to find her!
Marts  (Thinker)
In the Triple Hoax, Nancy, Bess and George go to New York and end up meeting some magicians and finally solving another case
Sandra Hernandez
i loved the extra pictures they added..u can see the change from when simon and schulster took over..but still a great book.
Gabrielle Link
Dec 21, 2013 Gabrielle Link rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a really good book, can't wait for more!
Partridge Public
Oct 02, 2007 Partridge Public added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: JF Kee
Shelves: juniorfiction
Keene, Carolyn PB
Shelby
Shelby rated it it was ok
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Gina
Gina rated it it was amazing
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Meera
Meera marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Emily Delong
Emily Delong marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Ruthie
Ruthie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Alex D
Alex D rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
  • The Melted Coins (Hardy Boys, #23)
  • Mourning In Miniature (Miniature Mystery, #4)
  • The Secret at the Seashore
  • High Steel: The Daring Men Who Built the World's Greatest Skyline
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew, #10)