Start by marking “6-Day Body Makeover: Drop One Whole Dress or Pant Size in Just 6 Days--and Keep It Off” as Want to Read:

Want to look great for that special date on Saturday? Wish you could firm up for that looming reunion? Want to wow them at the wedding next weekend? Now you don't have to starve yourself to do it! With this groundbreaking guide, television's fitness and makeover specialist Michael Thurmond delivers the proven program that allows you to eat more, exercise less, and shed as ...more
Published November 16th 2008 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 6-Day Body Makeover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 6-Day Body Makeover

Ashley
Feb 19, 2008 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!!!
Recommended to Ashley by: my sister Melissa
WOW!!!! IF your want something that absolutely transforms your attitude, your endorphins, your size, This book was great! I just felt pujjy after the holidays and needed a boost.I'm 5'6. I started at 136 lbs and lost 9.5 lbs in 6 days and absolutely loved what I was eating. His plan is EAT to lose weight. I was having the most beautiful Simple meals. one of the things I liked most was that it gave examples of structured meal plans for each body type. This is true body type testing. It was also g ...more
Katy
May 17, 2009 Katy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The recipes are good. His theory of drinking lots of water and a low sodium diet is good. But I don't get the "no sweaty exercise" He says "the harder you work out the less fat you burn". I just can't agree with this part of the "makeover". I have a friend who did the makeover and it worked for her. But it is not for me, especially during a half marathon training program and how much I love my spinning classes (he poo poos spinning).
Beth
Jul 23, 2007 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this guy's plan. Eat sensibly for your body type, eat more to boost your metabolism and do long slow exercise. Simple and do-able. I liked it a lot. And I bought a bike!
mlady_rebecca
Aylin Youlin
Apr 27, 2014 Aylin Youlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Хареса ми идеята за сваляне на килограми според типа на тялото,а не като напоследък нашумялите еднакви за всички режими за хранене. Принципите за бързия метаболизъм също ми допаднаха. Имаше някои неща,които не знаех и съм доволна,че прочетох програмата на Търмънд. Може да намерите и примерна диета,която също е много добра. Много ми хареса също,че беше наблегнато на методите за визуализация и "дълбоко" дишане.
Leah
Jan 06, 2014 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used this program when I couldn't move the scale after the birth of my son. You have to cook a lot of your food to control the ingredients and seasonings that go into it. I had decent results but with limited dairy in regimen, I couldn't find a good balance for my personal milk supply. If you already cook for yourself the majority of the week, this is still a great tool to toss in your health toolbox!
Heather Lea
Aug 10, 2011 Heather Lea marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good book that's user friendly to people with all types of diets and nutrition knowledge. The only problem is that she advocates soy, which is should be consumed very sparingly if at all.
Sandra
May 04, 2011 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It sounds crazy, but it works exactly as he says it does.
Lux
Lux rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
dmichonski
dmichonski rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2016
Irinak
Irinak rated it really liked it
May 06, 2010
Heather Cummings
Heather Cummings rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2009
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2009
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2014
Micki
Micki rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2013
Abbey
Abbey rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Ali
Jul 18, 2008 Ali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This worked for me. I was amazed.
Toni
Toni rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2009
Ray
Ray rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2012
Namrata Kothary
Namrata Kothary rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2008
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2007
Leah Jane
Leah Jane rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2014
Felipe Martins
Felipe Martins rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Rumyana Kalcheva
Rumyana Kalcheva rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2011
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2010
Veronica
Veronica rated it really liked it
May 09, 2014
Tammy Rowlett
Tammy Rowlett rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More about Michael Thurmond...