Start by marking “6-Day Body Makeover: Drop One Whole Dress or Pant Size in Just 6 Days--and Keep It Off” as Want to Read:

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Want to look great for that special date on Saturday? Wish you could firm up for that looming reunion? Want to wow them at the wedding next weekend? Now you don't have to starve yourself to do it! With this groundbreaking guide, television's fitness and makeover specialist Michael Thurmond delivers the proven program that allows you to eat more, exercise less, and shed as ...more
Published November 16th 2008 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 6-Day Body Makeover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 6-Day Body Makeover

Ashley
Feb 19, 2008 Ashley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!!!
Recommended to Ashley by: my sister Melissa
WOW!!!! IF your want something that absolutely transforms your attitude, your endorphins, your size, This book was great! I just felt pujjy after the holidays and needed a boost.I'm 5'6. I started at 136 lbs and lost 9.5 lbs in 6 days and absolutely loved what I was eating. His plan is EAT to lose weight. I was having the most beautiful Simple meals. one of the things I liked most was that it gave examples of structured meal plans for each body type. This is true body type testing. It was also g ...more
Katy
The recipes are good. His theory of drinking lots of water and a low sodium diet is good. But I don't get the "no sweaty exercise" He says "the harder you work out the less fat you burn". I just can't agree with this part of the "makeover". I have a friend who did the makeover and it worked for her. But it is not for me, especially during a half marathon training program and how much I love my spinning classes (he poo poos spinning).
Beth
I liked this guy's plan. Eat sensibly for your body type, eat more to boost your metabolism and do long slow exercise. Simple and do-able. I liked it a lot. And I bought a bike!
Aylin Youlin
Хареса ми идеята за сваляне на килограми според типа на тялото,а не като напоследък нашумялите еднакви за всички режими за хранене. Принципите за бързия метаболизъм също ми допаднаха. Имаше някои неща,които не знаех и съм доволна,че прочетох програмата на Търмънд. Може да намерите и примерна диета,която също е много добра. Много ми хареса също,че беше наблегнато на методите за визуализация и "дълбоко" дишане.
mlady_rebecca
Leah
I used this program when I couldn't move the scale after the birth of my son. You have to cook a lot of your food to control the ingredients and seasonings that go into it. I had decent results but with limited dairy in regimen, I couldn't find a good balance for my personal milk supply. If you already cook for yourself the majority of the week, this is still a great tool to toss in your health toolbox!
AMS
By far the BEST health and fitness book I have read... and I have been through a ton! Actually got to meet Michael Thurmond a couple years ago and his book mirrored our conversation... It's not just about dropping weight fast though, it's about a lifestyle change!
Heather Lea
Pretty good book that's user friendly to people with all types of diets and nutrition knowledge. The only problem is that she advocates soy, which is should be consumed very sparingly if at all.
Mckinley
Seems very intense - not unlike a different one I did that jump started my makeover.
Truitti
This is the only way I can eat. I will read his exercise book soon
Sandra
It sounds crazy, but it works exactly as he says it does.
Ali
This worked for me. I was amazed.
Avgustina
Avgustina marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Xtine
Xtine marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Denitsa Kalcheva
Denitsa Kalcheva marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Ioana Stefanescu
Ioana Stefanescu marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Shannon Wilkison
Shannon Wilkison is currently reading it
Feb 25, 2015
RaeK
RaeK added it
Feb 12, 2015
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
More about Michael Thurmond...
12-Day Body Shaping Miracle: Change Your Shape, Transform Problem Areas, and Beat Fat for Good Makeover America Cookbook/ Delicious Fat-Burning Recipes From America's Most Successful Makeovers Provida Six Week Body Makeover Kit; Weight Loss Program Michael Thurmond's Success Strategies (Vol. 1)