Start by marking “Incriminating Evidence Incriminating Evidence” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Incriminating Evidence...

Sheldon Siegel

Incriminating Evidence Incriminating Evidence (Mike Daley Mystery #2)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  330 ratings  ·  27 reviews
With his terrific first novel, Special Circumstances, Sheldon Siegel delivered legal fiction so exciting, it drew comparisons with the very top tier of courtroom thrillers. Now he has a newchallenge for defense attorney Mike Daley--ex-priest, ex-husband, ex-public defender--and it's a high-profile zinger: a case he doesn't think he can win for a client he can't stand.
It s
Published August 26th 2009 by Bantam (first published July 31st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Incriminating Evidence Incriminating Evidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incriminating Evidence Incriminating Evidence

Linda
4-5-14
Wouldn't you love to be on a jury? Just once? (Once would be enough, I think). I do not know why I worry so about the jury. Could it be their importance is so short lived? I liked this author's main characters -- Mike and Rosie. They make a good team. By far, Nick the Dick is my favorite PI character. He stands proud at 4'11". He he eighty five years in age and two years in energy and charm. I see Danny Devito with a toupee when Nick enters the courtroom. This is where the fun starts. Nick
Stunatra
Good premise, but executed poorly. I couldn't care about any of the characters, regardless of how much backstory the author provided, and it seemed endless, and thrown in for "depth." The story itself seemed like it was stretched out to novel size. If told in novella size, straight to the point, it could have been more compelling. It took 300 and some pages to get to the grit of the evidence--that's just ridiculous! I only read the first 100 pages consecutively and from then on I skimmed, and fo ...more
Patricia Poinsett
This is the second in a series. I rather enjoyed the first one. The main characters are a lawyer and his law partner/ex-wife. The two of them are very fond of one another. That was the good part. The action takes place in San Francisco so it is fun if you know the city and can picture where they are.

The story is so much like the first book that I almost quit reading about l/4 of the way through. In both books Mike and Rosie take on a difficult case with a difficult defendant. In both cases, the
Mike OConnor
A long book with just what the title implies. I went into it expecting the outcome provided. The characters were weak and the story tedious.
Jim Fromm
What a pleasures. !

Thank you, Sheldon Siegel. I read about two I books a week. Legal thrillers are my favorite. "Incriminating Evidence" is the best book I have read in a very long time. The court room activity is a legal primer. Mike and Rosie's dysfunctional relationship is an all to true reflection of the complicated lives of most professionals of our generation. Great storyline that kept me guessing until the very end. Excellent character development. Please continue writing. I am a fan.
This book was terrible. The characters were not believable nor did I bond with any of them. The plot could have been good but the author missed the boat. It was an eye roller for me and I couldn't wait for it to be over. Don't waste your time
Marcy
Mike Daley (defense attorney and ex-priest) and his law partner (and ex-wife) Rosie Fernandez take on the case of the not very like-able and very politically ambitious San Francisco District Attorney, Skipper Gates, who is accused of murdering a young, male prostitute found dead in Gates' bed. Having read and enjoyed the previous book in this series, Special Circumstances, I was greatly looking forward to this read. I was somewhat disappointed this time around as the story was fairly predictable ...more
Peg
Nice crime series. Two lawyers, husband and ex-wife featured in approximately 9 books by this author.
Susan
San Francisco's District Attorney, facing an election, wakes up in a hotel room without his wife, but with a dead male prostitute. Defense attorney, Michael Daley and his partner (and ex-wife) Rosie, take the case. Like his first book, Daley and Rosie are interesting characters. Daley's an ex-priest and Rosie is spunky. However, this story, while good, does get a little convoluted.
Deb Mj
Not nearly as good as the first Siegel book, Special Circumstances. Mike Daley, as well as his defense team, are terrific, but unlike the defendant in the first book, this defendant, Skipper Gates, his family and his supporting cast are highly unlikeable and unsympathetic characters. That makes it very tough to root for a favorable outcome in this courtroom thriller.
Elizabeth Davidson
Wow. Alot like The Confession, which I love. Keeps you wondering all the way through. If you are more into gory thrillers, instead of the inside view from the attorneys, da's, pd's. then this probably isn't a book you'd like. A lot of legal talk, which just so happens that I love. So I give this a 5 star, and I am on the lookout now for some more books by Sheldon Siegel :)
Smoochys
This is the second outing in this series. It's not a very good one. The story starts off interesting with the DA being found in a room with a dead male prostitute. That was pretty much the hight point of the book. I pretty much had to force myself to finish it.
Angie
I really liked this book - suspense, twists, dirt... but it had one of those "slightly disappointing tie it all together in one chapter" endings... I wish they would have expanded the ending of the trial just a bit more.
Bruce Black
Interesting only because of it's 2001 San Francisco locations and, maybe, in what not to do in writing a mystery (tell everything, lack of action, lack of protagonist action in solving the mystery, anti-climax).
Molly Johnson
Good "filler" book. I was in between books & this one was lying around so I read it. Very quick read. Takes place in San Francisco which I liked because I can picture the various places the author was talking about.
Sandy
Shows much the same style as his first crime mystery novel, which is enjoyable, but perhaps a bit TOO similar. It also leaves several dangling threads that I wished were explained in the end.
Heather
This is the second book in the Mike Daley series and it was good. I like how Siegel presents the cases and it makes it easy to read and follow. Plan on reading the rest of the series.
Linda
What a fun read! I loved the San Francisco setting, the insight into criminal defense strategies, the well-paced plot, and the characters. I look forward to reading more by Siegel.
Cathy
Excellent book. Engrossing legal mystery which really kept moving; read this one very quickly. First Sheldon Siegel book I’ve read, would definitely read others.
Diana
A really well-done 2nd book to the series. Fast paced, great character development & a wonderful plot. Highly recommend!
Alphamale73
Jul 20, 2008 Alphamale73 rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Alphamale73 by: My co-worker
Good book full of court room drama and legal terms. Nice crime solving amidst the story-telling.
Michelle Beese
New author for me and I'm enjoying the San Francisco lawyer!
Phoebe223
I felt like I was in court. It got me thinking about being a juror.
Ron
Nancy 5 stars; Ron 5 stars
Mel
Audio book ...good one.
Nancy
Nancy 5 stars; Ron 5 stars
Susan
  • Gunshot Road (Emily Tempest, #2)
  • Among Thieves
  • Presumption of Innocence (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #1)
  • Gasa-Gasa Girl (Mas Arai, #2)
  • The Singapore School of Villainy (Inspector Singh Investigates #3)
  • A Touch of Deceit
  • Garden of Evil (Britt Montero, #6)
  • The Intruder
  • Sanctuary (Jack Taylor, #7)
  • Red Light (Merci Rayborn #2)
  • The Program (Tim Rackley #2)
  • The Law of Second Chances
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard, #2)
  • No Time To Run
  • Fatal Flaw (Victor Carl, #3)
  • Death Comes for the Fat Man (Dalziel & Pascoe, #22)
  • A Deadly Distance (Jack Noble #2)
  • The Shanghai Moon (Lydia Chin & Bill Smith #9)
Sheldon Siegel (born July 14, 1958) is an American novelist and author best known for his works of modern legal drama.

Siegel was born on the south side of Chicago, Illinois. He attended New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois, and later went on to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as an Accounting major. He graduated with a Juris Doctor from Boalt Hall at the University of
More about Sheldon Siegel...
Special Circumstances (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, Book 1) The Confession  (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #5) Final Verdict (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #4) Criminal Intent (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #3) Judgment Day (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #6)