Auf Goldsuche

Auf Goldsuche (Brambly Hedge)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Wilfred liest in einem alten Buch, dass es in den Bergen über dem Brombeerhag Gold geben soll. Wie gut, dass gerade jetzt den Wühlmäusen in den Bergen neue Decken gebracht werden sollen. Wilfried darf Herrn Apfel dorthin begleiten und nimmt seine Goldsucherausrüstung mit. Für beide wird es eine spannende Expedition.
Published 1992 by Betz (first published November 14th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Auf Goldsuche, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Auf Goldsuche

Shala Howell
For the story, think Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit stories with mice and without the sometimes surprising lapses into violence that forcibly remind you that Potter wrote in a different cultural context. In Potter's world, Mr. MacGregor has a distressing habit of stalking through the pages taking potshots at the cast with his shotgun. That sort of thing doesn't happen in the Brambly Hedge.

So a charming story, but it was the illustrations with their incredibly rich detail that won my heart. Small...more
Min
Glimpsing into the workshops of the mice in the hedgerow, we first see the weaver's place. A tableau of finished cloth, wool to be spun, and skeins drying after being dyed fill the eyes. The weaver must make quilts for voles who have lost their to moth damage. Another instance of communal caring and sharing. The journey to deliver them is the adventure of this story.
Lisa Vegan
Charming illustrations. I love the pictures in the Brambly Hedge books.

This is an advanced picture book, very heavy on text, although there are plenty of wonderful illustrations too. The tiny and wonderfully detailed pictures I could view over & over, and for long periods.

The story is sweet but didn’t wow me, and while it would have probably held my interest as a young child, I don’t think it would have ever been a favorite. The shooting the rapids part was fun, but even there it was the pic...more
Kayla
The Brambly Hedge stories were a favorite when I was a kid, and this week upon my visit home, I had the pleasure of going into my hope chest and re-reading some of them along with some other treasured kids books. This authors love of nature, rustic craft and culture really shines through in the illustrations of her books. There is so much to look at, so much detail to take in, I absolutely love them. As a child my imagination was set ablaze while reading these books.
Megan
To be fair, it has been a long time since I read this book, but I recall not liking this story as much as the others. Perhaps it is because we journey away from the beloved Brambly Hedge, which is what I wanted to be reading about.
Perhaps when I go home again, I'll take another look at the book.
Underwater
Aug 29, 2007 Underwater rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: younger children
Shelves: have-read
This book was read to me as a small child--I'm guessing on just when, but it's one I remembered long after it disappeared into the depths of the basement, and reread with happy nostalgia after it was recovered. The illustrations are beautiful, and the story is fun. Read this book to your offspring.
Jennifer L
We all love this series! The characters are wonderful, the setting natural and the illustrations have such fine detail.
Iriwindel
Brilliant and sweet - like everything else Jill Barklem has written. love, love, love this!
Feodora
Sweet as any of these books...lovely
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Priscila
Priscila marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Ivelina Petkova
Ivelina Petkova is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2014
Katie
Katie added it
May 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
72033
After an accident when she was thirteen, Jill was unable to take part in PE or games at school and instead developed her talent for drawing and art. On leaving school, she studied illustration at St Martin's in London. Jill is now a full-time illustrator, working on the expanding series of books about the mice of Brambly Hedge. She spent five years on research before she started to write her first...more
More about Jill Barklem...
Spring Story Autumn Story The Complete Brambly Hedge The Secret Staircase Summer Story