Start by marking “Auf Goldsuche” as Want to Read:
Auf Goldsuche

Auf Goldsuche (Brambly Hedge)

Wilfred liest in einem alten Buch, dass es in den Bergen über dem Brombeerhag Gold geben soll. Wie gut, dass gerade jetzt den Wühlmäusen in den Bergen neue Decken gebracht werden sollen. Wilfried darf Herrn Apfel dorthin begleiten und nimmt seine Goldsucherausrüstung mit. Für beide wird es eine spannende Expedition.
Published 1992 by Betz (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Auf Goldsuche, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Auf Goldsuche

Laura Verret
Aug 31, 2014 Laura Verret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-sale
From the ‘Brambly Hedge’ series. D’aww.

The Story.

Oh no! The voles in the High Hills have just discovered that the moths have eaten all of their quilts, and winter is fast approaching! What can be done?

Down in the valley, Lily and Flax decide that they will help out by making blankets on their looms. Wilfred wants to help, but he is too little of a mousekin to operate the loom. However, he’s not too young to help carry the blankets into the High Hills and, when he and Mr. Apple get lost, Wilfred
Shala Howell
Nov 18, 2011 Shala Howell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
For the story, think Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit stories with mice and without the sometimes surprising lapses into violence that forcibly remind you that Potter wrote in a different cultural context. In Potter's world, Mr. MacGregor has a distressing habit of stalking through the pages taking potshots at the cast with his shotgun. That sort of thing doesn't happen in the Brambly Hedge.

So a charming story, but it was the illustrations with their incredibly rich detail that won my heart. Small
Lisa Vegan
Charming illustrations. I love the pictures in the Brambly Hedge books.

This is an advanced picture book, very heavy on text, although there are plenty of wonderful illustrations too. The tiny and wonderfully detailed pictures I could view over & over, and for long periods.

The story is sweet but didn’t wow me, and while it would have probably held my interest as a young child, I don’t think it would have ever been a favorite. The shooting the rapids part was fun, but even there it was the pic
Kayla
May 10, 2012 Kayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Brambly Hedge stories were a favorite when I was a kid, and this week upon my visit home, I had the pleasure of going into my hope chest and re-reading some of them along with some other treasured kids books. This authors love of nature, rustic craft and culture really shines through in the illustrations of her books. There is so much to look at, so much detail to take in, I absolutely love them. As a child my imagination was set ablaze while reading these books.
Min
Aug 16, 2014 Min rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glimpsing into the workshops of the mice in the hedgerow, we first see the weaver's place. A tableau of finished cloth, wool to be spun, and skeins drying after being dyed fill the eyes. The weaver must make quilts for voles who have lost their to moth damage. Another instance of communal caring and sharing. The journey to deliver them is the adventure of this story.
Underwater
Aug 29, 2007 Underwater rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: younger children
Shelves: have-read
This book was read to me as a small child--I'm guessing on just when, but it's one I remembered long after it disappeared into the depths of the basement, and reread with happy nostalgia after it was recovered. The illustrations are beautiful, and the story is fun. Read this book to your offspring.
Megan
Oct 14, 2012 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-childhood
To be fair, it has been a long time since I read this book, but I recall not liking this story as much as the others. Perhaps it is because we journey away from the beloved Brambly Hedge, which is what I wanted to be reading about.
Perhaps when I go home again, I'll take another look at the book.
Feodora
Jul 05, 2011 Feodora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Sweet as any of these books...lovely
Jennifer L
Aug 16, 2012 Jennifer L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We all love this series! The characters are wonderful, the setting natural and the illustrations have such fine detail.
Karen
Oct 14, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is another incredibly beautiful, richly illustrated book in the Brambly series, and -- BONUS -- there even is a story with this book.
Grace Rosanna
Grace Rosanna rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2014
Ailsa Jenkins
Ailsa Jenkins rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2014
Fiona
Fiona rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2011
Silvey Sampson
Silvey Sampson rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2007
ELRS
ELRS rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Tweety
Tweety rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
Ella
Ella rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Lesley Arrowsmith
Lesley Arrowsmith rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Laura rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2009
oliviasbooks
oliviasbooks rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2009
Rebecca Hecking
Rebecca Hecking rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Lucy  Green
Lucy Green rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
Emma Morgan
Emma Morgan rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2014
(Something Like) Lydia
(Something Like) Lydia rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Jessica Hilton
Jessica Hilton rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Krista Bjorn
Krista Bjorn rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2013
Oriol
Oriol rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2014
Hana
Hana rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Flower Fairies of the Winter
  • A Dark, Dark Tale (Red Fox Picture Books)
  • Alfie's Feet
  • Post für den Tiger
  • The Mother's Day Mice
  • Maybelle the Cable Car
72033
After an accident when she was thirteen, Jill was unable to take part in PE or games at school and instead developed her talent for drawing and art. On leaving school, she studied illustration at St Martin's in London. Jill is now a full-time illustrator, working on the expanding series of books about the mice of Brambly Hedge. She spent five years on research before she started to write her first ...more
More about Jill Barklem...

Brambly Hedge (8 books)