Start by marking “The Perfect Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Christmas

The Perfect Christmas

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  4,545 ratings  ·  542 reviews
What would make "your" Christmas perfect? For Cassie Beaumont, it's meeting her perfect match. Cassie, at thirty-three, wants a husband and kids, and so far, nothing's worked. Not blind dates, not the Internet and certainly not leaving love to chance.

What's left? A professional matchmaker. He's Simon Dodson, and he's very choosy about the clients he takes on. Cassie finds
Published October 1st 2009 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Christmas

Mandy Crider
Such a lovely book! Just the right cozy novel I needed this time of year. A nice, little romance story with a happy ending. Can't wait to read more by this author. If you like a romance novel with laughs and happiness then you will love this book! Highly recommend for this time of the year. Great to read all snuggled up next to your loved one with a cup of cocoa.
Oh my this book was NOT for me. It reads like a cheesy Hallmark movie without any of the good emotional part of a romance novel. There was also no sexual tension or love scenes - just lukewarm kisses. The characters were cardboardy and seemed fakely wholesome - I couldn't relate to any of them. Blah Blah Blah - that's what I was thinking as I read it. No more Debbie Macomber for me, this is the poor man's non-romancy romance.
This book was much better than A Cedar Cove Christmas in that it wasn't packed full of cringe-worthy puns. I enjoyed the story. Is it cheesy? Yes it is, but I still liked it.

My only draw back is how quickly they fell in love. It wasn't a love at first type kind of love but I thought it was odd that she assumed he loved her because he was showing obvious attraction. Why wouldn't you assume that he liked you and wanted to be with you? Why assume that it must be love and he's already picki
Sarah BT
So I've never read a Debbie Macomber book and I really didn't think I would. Her books are cozy romances and grandma's read them. I even met Ms. Macomber at ALA and she was very sweet, but I didn't really think about picking up one of her books.

But then I was in the mood for a cozy holiday read and this showed up when I started searching for Christmas books. I have to say, if you're in the mood for a light and fun fast read, read a Debbie Macomber book. I finished this one in two nights-which i
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jun 29, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: rabid Macomber fans only
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
I'm surprised that such a skilled author as Debbie Macomber would put so little effort into making this a good book. The plot was lame, the hero's point of view was never shown, we are at a loss to understand his motivations. When Macomber tries to explain them at the end, it is poorly done, sounds like an essay.

The heroine never gained any respect from me. Her motivations are shown, but the actions she takes based on them baffled me. I never figured out why she fell in love with the one she did
I can't believe I had to manually enter this book-Good Reads didn't have it. Anyway,this is just a quicky read. Debbie Macomber always writes a cutsie love story and I needed a light romance after reading two emotionally charged books-

This is about a 30 something woman whose biological clock is ticking and she pays a matchmaker $30,000.00 to find her a husband. But first he gives her 3 tasks to complete before he matches her with the prospective mate. So far it's cute, if it was a movie it would
I found this book to be a great read at a great price. Here are some of my thoughts.

Short Introduction: Cassie is a 30 something biologist who begins to grow discouraged about love as the holiday season approaches. Her best friend Angie offers her the number of a professional matchmaker named Simon Dodson.

After a few meetings with Dr. Dodson, he believes that he has found a most suitable match for Cassie. But before he'll introduce her to her dream guy, he requests that she perform 3 holiday tas
A light heart-warming tale set in modern-day Seattle WA, with subtle messages of Christmas spirit

Reader's Guide on the author's website:

It was obvious from the beginning that Angie & Shawn, Cassie & Simon would end up 'happily-ever-after'.

I was most interested in reading about the dinner task, because a big holiday dinner is a challenge many of us take on at least once. I was a bit disappointed that the reality was completely glosse
A short and sweet vanilla romance for people who prefer happy endings and not much steam. There was a tiny bit of romantic tension and some scenes I could imagine being a good romantic comedy, particularly with the wacky assortment of neighbors. Overall, it was just okay. I think I am not Macomber's target audience (which is older white women who love cozy happily ever afters). I can appreciate coziness, especially in a Christmas romance but I like there to be a bit more depth to the characters, ...more
Anne Marie
This Kindle version contained two different stories (The Perfect Christmas, Can This Be Christmas) as well as some extras, including an interview with Debbie Macomber and some holiday recipes. I found both stories in this book to be cheery and nice, light holiday reading. In The Perfect Christmas, thirty-something Cassie pays $30k to matchmaker Simon to find her perfect husband and have a perfect Christmas (gag reflex engaged). Simon challenges her to complete three tasks, where she learns more ...more
The Perfect Christmas was a light-hearted holiday romance. Cassie, 33 years old and still single, is hoping to meet the perfect man to have the perfect Christmas. Since she has tried a lot of other avenues with no success (online dating), she turns to the services of matchmaker Simon Dodson. He comes with a high price tag but offers a money-back guarantee if things don't work out. Cassie finds him to be insulting and rude but he still takes her on as a client. He requires her to do three tasks, ...more
This story was a nice story however the story at the end called "Can This be Christmas" touched me more than the beginning story. It was a tale of several people including children being stranded in a snow storm in an old railroad depot. Most of them started out either sad or angry at life and circumstances they had no control over. What happened at the Depot changed their outlook on life and them and made all the difference to each of them. They were all strangers at the beginning and ended up ...more
Julie Barrett

The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber
Cathy has decided to use a professsional matchmaker as she's had no luck on her own or her girlfriends blind dates.
Simon is the professional psychologist that has a dating service as well.
He's told her she needs to do a few tasks first then she will meet Mr. Right-John.
She's a bell ringer around the Christmas holidays near a store and finds some good people out there and some not so good people that left money for the pot.
Her next task is to fly in to meet
Jackie Lane
This was a laugh out loud, funny Christmas Story.

33 year old Cassie Beaumont received a Christmas photo before Thanksgiving and seeks to find the "perfect Christmas". When she was younger her father left her family during the holiday season and now she is looking to find love, marriage and a family, which, to date, have alluded both her andher brother. She employes the services of a matchmaker, recommended by her friend Angie.

The matchmaker tells her she needs to complete 3 task before he will
Debbie notes that she chuckled to herself several times while writing this story and there were indeed parts where I as the reader, chuckled too. A cute, funny, feel good Christmas tale.
This book was a boilerplate for predictable and blah romance. I wanted to like it, but I was left very unimpressed.

Plus, it aggrevated me that someone would pay $30,000 !?!?!?!?! for a matchmaker who was about as exciting as paint drying on the wall. On top of everything, I didn't even buy the romance at the end of the story. It was one of those -- yeah, you're in love... surreeee.

Serves me right for picking up a random audiobook from the library. :P
really liked The "Perfect Christmas' but loved "Can this be Christmas".

The Perfect Christmas is the tale of a woman who consults a matchmaker and the trials he puts her through.

Can This Be Christmas is the story of a group of people stranded on a train and then in a train station of Christmas Eve. The interactions between the strangers is a prime example of why Debbie Macomber is the "Queen of the Christmas Story"
I'm going to stop picking random books from the new release shelf at the library. I've never read this author before. The book is predictable, poorly written, unconvincing and dull. I actually fell asleep when the main characters were finally professing their love.
It only takes and hour or two to read and is very PG.
Started this one while wrapping Christmas gifts and finished it while traveling home for Christmas. A fun holiday romance. I must admit that I am not sure exactly why Cassie falls for Simon. He is smart, but often cold. I am not sure I really buy the change of heart at the end.
I loved this easy to read Christmastime novel! It was exactly what I was seeking. Light hearted, humorous, and seasonal. I have all ready recommended this to MANY people. This is a must read for individuals looking for a holiday tale!
I read this book this morning! I love Debbie's books and I love Christmas so of course her holiday books are a MUST READ each year. This one was super good and I hope they make it a movie like they did Mrs. Miracle!
This was fun, easy read that put me in the mood for Christmas. I was lucky enough to find it on the shelf at the library and grabbed it. I have always enjoyed Macomber's Christmas stories. She writes one every year and they usually are released in late October. I have to say that last years story was one of my favorites and I enjoyed it more than this one. I know romance tends to be a bit predictable and this was no exception, but it was fun to get to know Cassie and Simon. Macomber includes som ...more
Its my official countdown to Christmas what a better way to start it off by reading about Christmas. Debbie Macomber has impressed me thus far with her sweet, entertaining Christmas stories. I do admit that the beginning of this book was rather slow (I was like please, please, PLEASE don't let this be one of those I neglect to read!!!) but it eventually picked up and I found myself laughing and grinning as I read this poignant story.

We meet Cassie Beaumont who wants to get married and have the
I read Christmas stories each year during the holiday season with varying results. The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber was not my favourite, but it wasn't terrible. I found the plot grating at points, but overall it was a light, enjoyable Christmas read.

The story centres on Cassie Beaumont, a successful career woman in her thirties who has never married. She desperately wants a husband and family; she's so desperate in fact that she goes to a matchmaker, the cantankerous Simon Dodson. In or
The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber

This season's offering from the Queen of Christmas cheer hands up a knockout punch, not just in story, but with the absolutely wonderful front and back cover. A cover, especially with a Christmas novel, is what captivates me into reading a book, and then the author has to really sell her story to capture me totally and this one did in spades.

Cassie Beaumont, a very successful chemist, is looking for a husband for Christmas, but he needs to be perfect. Her
If you're in the mood for a warm Christmas romance, then The Perfect Christmas is sure to satisfy.

Cassie is desperate to find a husband and start a family. When she gets a Christmas card from a college friend with a picture of her perfect husband and perfect children, Cassie is willing to try anything. So, when her best friend Angie tells her about a professional matchmaker, Cassie is willing to fork over the $30,000 required for a guaranteed happy family.

There aren't really any big surprises he
Beth Cutwright
I'm sharing my review of Debbie Macomber's The Perfect Christmas .
We all have an opinion of what perfection is and it means a variety of things. Some of us have lived long enough to doubt that there is such a thing as the "perfect" anything. That would be me. For me, a screw up at least makes the attempt at perfection memorable!

Cassie Beaumont is an idealistic woman looking for the perfect life, which includes a husband and children and glossy family pictures sent out to friends at Christmas tim
Would You Pay $30,000 To Find The Perfect Husband? 1 8 Feb 02, 2014 06:34PM
Mocha Girls Read: Book of the Month: The Perfect Christmas 11 31 Jan 06, 2012 09:54AM
  • The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope, #4)
  • The Snow Globe
  • The Christmas Bus
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8)
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • The Christmas Clock
  • Christmas with Tucker
  • Forever Christmas
  • Lakeshore Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #6)
  • Silver Bells
  • Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • Christmas Jars Reunion

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

“Maybe money can't buy love - but it can get you practically everything else.” 23 likes