Start by marking “Winter's End (Steeple Hill Love Inspired (Large Print))” as Want to Read:
Winter's End (Steeple Hill Love Inspired (Large Print))

Winter's End (Steeple Hill Love Inspired (Slocum Family #1)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  8 reviews
After growing up in foster care, nurse Kayla Doherty's finally found a faith to rely on and a job she loves. But that's all put to the test when she's called to care for surly Marc DeHollander's dying father. Marc's struggling to keep his cattle farm afloat while dealing with his father's illness. He doesn't have time to fall for the beautiful hospice nurse. But as the fri ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published March 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Winter's End (Steeple Hill Love Inspired, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's End (Steeple Hill Love Inspired

Amanda
I can’t remember the last time I read a book this fast – a testament to the fact that I couldn’t put it down and I didn’t want it to end!!

“Winter’s End” is my first Ruth Logan Herne book and I was blown away by what I found between its pages! Funny and light, yet heartfelt and gripping, this book has everything you’d want in romantic fiction and then some.

Kayla Doherty is a warm, sassy, fun-loving, visiting nurse who hides her past away, trying to forget the horrors she faced in her childhood.
Myra Johnson
Ruth Logan Herne's debut novel is a touching story of hope and healing. Hospice nurse Kayla Doherty is tender yet tough, her own heart bruised by a painful past. Facing the imminent death of his father from lung cancer, Marc DeHollander must come to terms with unpleasant truths about the mother who deserted them and its effects on what's left of his family. The story is told with a depth and grace not often found in series romance. Expect more endearing stories of love, hope, perseverance, and f ...more
Linnette
LOVED it, Ruthie!!! Great job by one of my favorite people! Definately on my favorite book list.
Arminzerella
Valerie Comer
Kayla Doherty is a hospice nurse who is looking forward to completing her contract in the North Country and moving south to warmer climes…moving away from memories of her childhood that need forgetting, or at least burying. She has one last contract to fulfill before she can leave, that of easing Marc DeHollander’s father’s last days on earth.

Marc is having a hard time accepting his father’s impending death, which means the nurse’s intervention in their lives is unwelcome and awkward.

Marc would
Natalie
Well written, contemporary romance book that confronts hard issues--end stage cancer, neglect, bitterness, and loving people in spite of their wrong choices. Character's are flawed and realistic, lovable and three dimensional. Ruthy's trademark snarky humor sparkles in her heroine's dialogue.

I would recommend this book to anyone. Especially someone caring for an elderly or terminally ill relative.
Julie
Sometimes you need a Christian romance with a little different setting, a little different style in order to hear the message it sends. Winter's End definitely delivers! Can't wait for the next in Ruth Logan Herne's series.
Marilyn Brant
Emotionally gripping with well-crafted characters and a beautifully constructed narrative. I found this story very touching and truthful. I cannot wait to read more work by this talented author!
Jenelle Chadwick
Jenelle Chadwick marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Nov 11, 2014
Sherry Perkins
Sherry Perkins marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Susan Moxley
Susan Moxley marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Aug 20, 2014
Laura Potter
Laura Potter marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Trish Mitchell
Trish Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Ruth Logan Herne loves Charlie Brown Christmas trees, rooting for the underdog and people who go the distance while others see the path as too long or broken! She loves God, chocolate, writing, dogs and is blessed by a sprawling family, oodles of grandkids and a sweet old farmhouse in constant need of work. She's sure that clean rooms are over-rated, snakes and possums should mind their own busine ...more
More about Ruth Logan Herne...

Slocum Family (3 books)
  • Waiting Out the Storm
  • Made to Order Family
Running on Empty Safely Home (Watkins Ridge) Try, Try Again Reunited Hearts (Men of Allegany County, #1) Waiting Out the Storm