Start by marking “Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #5) (Harlequin Intrigue #1176)” as Want to Read:

Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #5) (The Precinct #11)

When girl next door Beth Rogers pounded on Detective Kevin Grove's door in the middle of the night, she awakened not only the cop, but also the die-hard protector. His spunky neighbor had uncovered scandalous secrets about a murder and someone was threatening to silence her...permanently.
After one heartbreak too many, Kevin was ready to call it quits. With his brawn and t
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct

Mojca
Beth is shocked when someone attacks her in her home. She hasn't done anything. She doesn't work for a top-secret organization. Her family isn't rich. So why would someone attack her? Good for her, that she's thinking all this while running toward her new neighbor's house, he appears to be the only one still awake after midnight. Well, he and his monster of a dog.

One look at Kevin Grove's face and Beth starts thinking that maybe she shouldn't have come ask for his help. The guy looks like a thug
Jacqueline
A pretty decent short romantic suspense. It suffers from being so short in that there isn't really time in this length of book to have both a fully realized romance and a fully realized mystery. So they fell in love in about 4 days. Shrug. It is what it is. Decently written. The involvement of the heroine in the mystery was over the top. I don't think the bad guys would have done quite so much to her in such a short time considering what the actual mystery was.

The best parts of the book were the
Penny Watson
Nov 07, 2014 Penny Watson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this one. Absolutely adorable.
Paula Legate
I loved this book. Beth and Kevin captured my heart. I loved the way Beth always second guessed herself. I could see myself doing that if I was in her situation. I loved the way Kevin protected Beth. Kevin was a rough guy, that didn't want to help. But Beth melted his heart little by little. This was one of my favorite books, and I can see myself rereading this book latter on. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did! I love books with lots of action, and romance,this book had the perfect ble ...more
KathyB
3.5 Stars

Good story with likable characters, but the mystery/suspense was pretty predictable. Sex was really tame (PG-13) with very little detail. It was entertaining, but not something I would read again.
Anne OK
Dec 09, 2009 Anne OK rated it really liked it
An easy and quick read. Loved the hero, who was a bit different and not your standard alpha hunk. A good solid storyline with a touching romance between to deserving people.
Theresa
Jun 06, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
once again Julie Miller out did her self. thanks for the read
MelissaB
** 3 1/2 stars **
Hopefulpuffin
Dec 21, 2016 Hopefulpuffin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tail
I love a good beauty and beast story and that's what this was. Kevin is a big hulking (in the best possible way) guy who's horrible ex used him like a kleenex.

Beth is 12 years younger than Kevin and when things go haywire at work and she's attacked in her home, she knocks on his door (process of elimination, he's the only one with lights on).

She was a good sensible heroine and he was a great hero with a squishy soft side. And a dog to match.

This is clearly part of a series but I read it as a
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
beth heads home late one night and surprises an intruder in her house. when she stumbles next door to her new neighbour to use the phone, he drives her to the hospital, after calling in his squad. kevin has been burned by someone who almost took his career with the kcpd away from him, but he still takes care of beth and believes her story. when the case that kevin is working on coincides with beth's case, kevin does his best to make sure that beth is safe, while trying to keep his dista
Sobia
Jul 12, 2011 Sobia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

As far as Harlequin titles go, I can honestly say this one was
pretty darned good. I generally avoid the category's because I like long, drawn out stories, and while BatB can't claim the drawn-out bit, it was still a well written book. Even with a limited amount of pages Ms Miller manages to convey an entire story, including some history for both her characters...so not only do we get an interesting, if not wholly original, mystery, as well as a good dose of romance, but we get a chance to know h
Sassafrass
*3-3.5 STARS*

This was a cute Harlequin Romance. I liked the mystery and the interactions between Beth and Kevin. My only real issue with this one was the ending. Their relationship was wrapped up in a few sentences. I felt like it deserved more than that. All the time spent in developing the plot and mystery let the romance part of this fall by the wayside. I wish that it had been developed more, so I had to take some points off for that.

Otherwise, I did like the story and the characters. I may
(ツ) Hache
Jan 30, 2014 (ツ) Hache rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I usually read these short little Harlequins for the romance so I don't really care about the storyline or what the h does for a living. That's why I didn't like this one. It was mostly focused on the heroines job, there was barely any romance, was really boring and had to skim to get to the end. As im writing this I cant even remember what happened to the couple.
Annie
Mar 25, 2013 Annie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the romance between Beth and Keith, but the case was lacking. Aspects of it didn't seem to make sense to me, but maybe that's because I read it so quickly. And yay for reintroducing Alex Taylor!! Can't wait to read more about him.
Wendy Sonnier
Wish there had been more to this story. It felt like I picked up in the middle because there were just so many things missing. I liked the two main characters but there was no depth.
Noelle Walsh
This book was good. I read it very quickly, I liked the story and the characters and Iwould potentially read it again.
Lisa
Nov 09, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. I think the elderly neighbor could have played a bit more into the story just to add intrigue or humor. All in all it was well thought out with defined characters.
Wanda Gibson
Wanda Gibson rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
AgentScully
AgentScully rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2010
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Tina
Oct 08, 2016 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read. COuld improve with more character development, but not bad for the type that it is.
MacKayla Daniel
MacKayla Daniel rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Anita Baxter
Anita Baxter rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2015
Tuba
Tuba rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2013
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Teresa Nordheim
Teresa Nordheim rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2016
Jazzie
Jazzie rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2017
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • Case File: Canyon Creek, Wyoming  (Cooper, #1)
  • Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • One Hot Forty-Five
  • Trapped (The Men from Crow Hollow #3)
  • Personal Protector (Colby Agency, #5)
  • Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • Engaged with the Boss (Situation: Christmas, #2)
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • Terms of Engagement (Alpha Squad #2)
  • The Perfect Bride (Harlequin Intrigue 1421)
  • Snowed in with the Boss (Kenner County Crime Unit, #3)

USA TODAY bestselling author Julie Miller writes breathtaking romantic suspense. She has earned a National Readers Choice Award and two Daphne du Maurier Awards among many other prizes for both her series and single title books. She was also honored to receive the RT BookR
More about Julie Miller...

The Precinct (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Partner-Protector (The Precinct, #1)
  • Police Business (The Precinct, #2)
  • Search and Seizure (The Precinct, #3)
  • Baby Jane Doe (The Precinct, #4)
  • Up Against the Wall (The Precinct: Vice Squad #1; The Precinct #5)
  • Nine-Month Protector (The Precinct: Vice Squad #2; The Precinct #6)
  • Protective Instincts (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #1; The Precinct #7)
  • Armed and Devastating (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #2; The Precinct #8)
  • Private S.W.A.T. Takeover (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #3; The Precinct #9)
  • Kansas City Christmas (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #4; The Precinct #10)