Start by marking “Starstruck” as Want to Read:
Starstruck

Starstruck

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Recipe for a super sizzling Christmas: Mix together the following: --one woman determined to heat up the holidays with a hunky new date--a sexy suave millionaire--an even sexier old friend, just to spice things up Garnish with a sultry kiss under the mistletoe and watch all sexy hell break loose!Alyssa Chambers has visions of sweet temptation dancing in her head. Should sh ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Starstruck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starstruck

Mojca
A story with loads of "meh factor". It just didn’t pull me in. Two people who have been friends for two years, are very much attracted to each other, but don’t want to act on their "feelings" for fear of destroying their friendship.
Actually, he can’t do anything, because he’s firmly planted on the friend train (he could’ve made a move before, but didn’t want to be the rebound guy), and finally decides to act only when he realizes she’s getting ready to seduce someone else.
She doesn’t want to act
Netanella
Meh. Life is too short to read books that you don't enjoy. Reading should be a pleasure, not a chore. DNF

Jun 08, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, novel, christmas
This is the first Blaze novel I've liked. I think that has to be bad luck on my part because I enjoy other Harlequin lines and in theory I like the general parameters for the Blaze line.

In this case Dallas attorney Alyssa Chambers is really noticing her single status as Christmas approaches. She and her best friend make a pact to find true love. Little does Alyssa that true love lives across the hall in her best friend Chris's apartment. Sure she can talk to Chris about anything, but the unstabl
Krystal
Mar 18, 2015 Krystal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dont-do-it, meh
Title didn't match the book, the cover didn't match the book. This hardly counts as a harlequin. Worst plot ever. Skiiiiiim.
Twisted
Aug 31, 2012 Twisted rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like a number of the author's other works and find her character interactions amusing. Unfortunately I couldn't get into this book and ended up skimming it. I really think the "meh" factor is more from my shifting taste in genre. I've never really related to the female characters in traditional romance novels. I think I need to just stop reading this genre because it's not fair for me to read these stories only to rate them low when the writing is fine and the problem is more my lack of intere ...more
Jessica
Jul 25, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
Just finished this with a ‘meh’ feeling as well. I’d given up on Blaze, but thought I’d give this one a try as the friends to lovers trope is one of my favorites. The characters were too cardboard, the conflict too one dimensional, and the resolution too boring. Maybe I’ll try categories again in a year or so . . . .
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
I liked how this Christmas book started out with security minded attorney Alyssa wanting a new relationship but not with free lance writer, best friend, and neighbor Chris because he is not marriage material. I didn't like that the main conflict was based on their insecurities rather than events.
Jenny
Sep 24, 2010 Jenny rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
More light reading....This modern romance story in set in Texas and New Mexico around Christmas time. There's an element of "friends with benefits" which develops into more. I enjoyed the amusing dialogue between the characters.
Darcy
This one is a little too sugary sweet and schmaltzy for my tastes and I have to give it up.
aalum
aalum rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Indhuv
Indhuv marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Kathy Jo
Kathy Jo rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Aaron  Polish
Aaron Polish marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Ashley Murtaugh
Ashley Murtaugh rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Una Person-Hodges
Una Person-Hodges rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Manu
Manu rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Jana Leah
Jana Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Tracy Breed
Tracy Breed marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Lulu
Lulu marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Grace Ann M
Grace Ann M marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Mai Malby
Mai Malby rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
NRuffo
NRuffo marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Caught in the Act (Dressed to Thrill #2) (Harlequin Blaze #498)
  • Hold on to the Nights (Dressed to Thrill #3) (Harlequin Blaze #504)
  • Santa, Baby (Dressed to Thrill, #4)
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • The Personal Touch (Harlequin Blaze, #484)
  • All I Want For Christmas...: Christmas Kisses / Baring It All / A Hot December Night
  • Feels Like the First Time
  • Yule Be Mine (Harlequin Blaze, #436)
  • Too Hot To Handle (Forbidden Fantasies #16)
  • Surprise Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #539)
  • Truly, Madly, Deeply (Trueblood Texas)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Strokes Of Midnight (Harlequin Blaze #364)
  • Asking For Trouble (Town of Trouble, #2) (Santori Stories, #4)
  • Seduction by the Book
  • Touch and Go
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Relentless Seduction
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and International bestselling author of over seventy novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New York Tim
More about Julie Kenner...