In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

In Light of Eternity: Perspectives on Heaven

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The deepest longing of your heart is for one person and one place.Jesus is that person.Heaven is that place.

A thousand counterfeits vie for your attention, trying to convince you that they are what you're looking for.But you'll never find true satisfaction with what the Shadowlands of this world have to offer.What you really crave can only be found in the land of substance...more
Published January 16th 2009 by WaterBrook Press (first published December 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about In Light of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Light of Eternity

Michelle
A delightful encouragement of heart, soul and mind! Giving us a clearer picture of all that God HAS told us about heaven in His Word, Alcorn draws us closer to Jesus in love, gratitude and hope, for ourselves and our loved ones. I will reread this, probably a few times. One critic complained about the many quotes from his own previous books; this was not a problem for me as I felt they were much like verbal "illustrations" inserted to clarify his points. He is the first to admonish all who read...more
Jerry
This book changed my perspective on heaven. I was taught spirits floating and praising God. This book tells us that there will be a life there and not just floating spirits.
Andrea Pal
Great book! Lots of good insight and explanations with Bible verses to prove his points. Very informative and easy to read. Enjoyable and thought provoking!
Kathy Rogers
Best little book on heaven I have ever read! Love Randy's insights and that he backs it all up with scripture...actually excites you about going to heaven!!
Christa Baker
Very rich with scripture and full of different view points on what we know as "eternity". I really enjoyed this book.
Christopher Brehm
Excellent book. It has a way of capturing your mind and transporting you into this book's vision of heaven.
Laura Holland
I was given this book when our son was killed. Alcorn expands your views of heaven.
Sandy
Jul 16, 2013 Sandy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Great book, I really enjoyed. I could hardly put it down. Highly recommend!
Jo
Good information by a trusted author, but a slow read for me.
Wil
An interesting, Biblical discussion of eternity and heaven.
Charles
on chapter 3 like it a lot so far. very good.
Abbey
I would recommend this to anyone!
Nichelle
Nichelle marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Vanessa Diallo sobkowiak
Vanessa Diallo sobkowiak marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kalee Edwards
Kalee Edwards marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Deanna Weigel
Deanna Weigel marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Ona Mae
Ona Mae is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2014
Cyril Batac
Cyril Batac marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
David Addiss
David Addiss marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Lilly Ferrick
Lilly Ferrick marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim...more
More about Randy Alcorn...
Courageous Safely Home Heaven Deadline (Ollie Chandler #1) Dominion (Ollie Chandler #2)