Start by marking “The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed!” as Want to Read:
The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed!

The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed! (The Adventures of the Poodle Posse)

Second in the Adventures of the Poodle Posse series. Grab your beach ball and shovel and join the growing posse of mini poodles and their loving owner, Mrs. Flout, as they romp their way into the garden, down the shore and with a whole new host of furry friends that make managing the posse of poodles even more puzzling. Easy reader, suggested for grades 2-4, as a read alou ...more
Published September 7th 2009 by The Well Bred Book (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed!

Sheila
Nov 30, 2009 Sheila rated it liked it
I received a copy of this through GoodReads First Reads. A fun story, about a group of poodles and two adventures that they share together with their owner. Since it is a children's book, I read the story to my daughter, and allowed her to answer the 7 questions about the story in the back of the book. Here are her thoughts:

*My favorite adventure was the one where they go on vacation to the dog park, because I like going on vacation.
*My favorite character was Woody, because he is a nice dog.
*I
Debbie
Nov 30, 2009 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: firstreads
I won this book from firstreads.
What a good book - I hated for it to end! It is suggested for readers in grades 2-4 (or any dog lover). Children in those grades should have no problem at all with reading it.

I love a book that you can "see" what the author is "painting" as she writes. I own a dog, and I could certainly see some of the antics my dog has in the dogs in this book. This author really does know dogs inside and out. This would be a book that is fun for kids, and seems to me that if a
Ria Miller
Feb 14, 2010 Ria Miller rated it it was amazing
I was quite excited when I found out I won this book on goodreads as I aspire to be an elementary teacher and have started to collect books for my future classroom.

The Adventures of the Poodle Posse is actually two stories about a trio of Poodles and their owner Mrs. Flout. In the first story,"The Princess and the Frenchmen", Woody and Archie are getting used to the new addition to their family, Daisy. She disrupts their routine and takes over thier stuff, but they soon realize that sharing can
Melissa
Won on first reads. As the world lost a great lady when my wonderful friend, Ramona, just passed away, this review will serve for her. She will be dearly missed and cancer will be cursed for taking her from us so young.

This is a great book for younger readers. It is great that the author based the stories on real pets. It is easy to see she enjoyed telling about the stories and even adding a little more detail. This is a book that will be kept for nieces, nephews, and grandchildren.
Carmen
Jul 28, 2010 Carmen rated it it was amazing
Meet Woody, Archie and Daisy three small poodles with big hearts that will steal yours in these two new adventures of the Poodle Posse.

In The Princess and the Frenchmen, the three poodles realize that living together doesn't make a family but their willingness to share.

In No Dogs Allowed, Woody makes his own discovery: Having fun is possible in the most unlikely place.
Pat Achiles's enchanting illustrations bring an old-fashion charm that perfectly fit the mood of the stories.
Laura Reading
Mar 30, 2014 Laura Reading rated it it was amazing
A pleasant surprise to get TWO books in one!
This is the second book in a continuing series. I had not read the first one before receiving this as a gift, but all you need to know is included. That said, I will be getting the first book and hopefully more.

The first story is about how a new family member is an adjustment to a household. It would be wonderful for children (and adults) of all ages but especially those anticipating a new brother or sister.

The second story is about having new experien
Barbara
Feb 14, 2010 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, first-reads
Great children's mystery! My second graders loved it. The engaging canine characters and story held the interest of all students. The dog park was their favorite part. As a teacher, I loved the discussion questions at the end of the book. Definitely a Good Read for kids!
Ramona
Nov 30, 2009 Ramona marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I won this on first reads.Please check my friend Melissa Murphy's review for this book.
Jay Tomeo
Jay Tomeo rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2009
Adrianna
Adrianna marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2009
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2009
Avery
Avery marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2009
Paula Daniel
Paula Daniel marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2009
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2009
Nov 28, 2009
Jan 22, 2010
Anna Mills
Anna Mills marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2010
Shalonda Williams
Shalonda Williams marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2010
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2010
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2010
Feb 07, 2010
Diane Vinesett
Diane Vinesett marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2010
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2010
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2010
Tlc
Tlc marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2010
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2010
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2010
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2010
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2010
Ms. Sokol
Ms. Sokol marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2010
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2010
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2010
Nina
Nina added it
Oct 04, 2011
Sumitha V
Sumitha V marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2011
Apr 20, 2012
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Gloria Philpott
Gloria Philpott marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013

The Adventures of the Poodle Posse (3 books)
  • Trouble Down Under