Start by marking “The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed!” as Want to Read:
The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed!

The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed! (The Adventures of the Poodle Posse)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Second in the Adventures of the Poodle Posse series. Grab your beach ball and shovel and join the growing posse of mini poodles and their loving owner, Mrs. Flout, as they romp their way into the garden, down the shore and with a whole new host of furry friends that make managing the posse of poodles even more puzzling. Easy reader, suggested for grades 2-4, as a read alou ...more
Published September 7th 2009 by The Well Bred Book (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess & the Frenchmen/No Dogs Allowed!

The Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinWhere the Sidewalk Ends by Shel SilversteinAlexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith ViorstWhen Grandma's False Teeth Fly by Mary  LeeHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Fun Books for Elementary Schoolers
60th out of 211 books — 246 voters
Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by Hiawyn OramLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderI Can Cook by Marika GermanisLife of a Loser - Wanted by Lou Zuhr
Books for eight-year-old children
165th out of 522 books — 492 voters

More lists with this book...

Sheila
I received a copy of this through GoodReads First Reads. A fun story, about a group of poodles and two adventures that they share together with their owner. Since it is a children's book, I read the story to my daughter, and allowed her to answer the 7 questions about the story in the back of the book. Here are her thoughts:

*My favorite adventure was the one where they go on vacation to the dog park, because I like going on vacation.
*My favorite character was Woody, because he is a nice dog.
*I
Debbie
I won this book from firstreads.
What a good book - I hated for it to end! It is suggested for readers in grades 2-4 (or any dog lover). Children in those grades should have no problem at all with reading it.

I love a book that you can "see" what the author is "painting" as she writes. I own a dog, and I could certainly see some of the antics my dog has in the dogs in this book. This author really does know dogs inside and out. This would be a book that is fun for kids, and seems to me that if a
Ria Miller
I was quite excited when I found out I won this book on goodreads as I aspire to be an elementary teacher and have started to collect books for my future classroom.

The Adventures of the Poodle Posse is actually two stories about a trio of Poodles and their owner Mrs. Flout. In the first story,"The Princess and the Frenchmen", Woody and Archie are getting used to the new addition to their family, Daisy. She disrupts their routine and takes over thier stuff, but they soon realize that sharing can
Melissa
Won on first reads. As the world lost a great lady when my wonderful friend, Ramona, just passed away, this review will serve for her. She will be dearly missed and cancer will be cursed for taking her from us so young.

This is a great book for younger readers. It is great that the author based the stories on real pets. It is easy to see she enjoyed telling about the stories and even adding a little more detail. This is a book that will be kept for nieces, nephews, and grandchildren.
Carmen
Meet Woody, Archie and Daisy three small poodles with big hearts that will steal yours in these two new adventures of the Poodle Posse.

In The Princess and the Frenchmen, the three poodles realize that living together doesn't make a family but their willingness to share.

In No Dogs Allowed, Woody makes his own discovery: Having fun is possible in the most unlikely place.
Pat Achiles's enchanting illustrations bring an old-fashion charm that perfectly fit the mood of the stories.
Dogsmom Laura
A pleasant surprise to get TWO books in one!
This is the second book in a continuing series. I had not read the first one before receiving this as a gift, but all you need to know is included. That said, I will be getting the first book and hopefully more.

The first story is about how a new family member is an adjustment to a household. It would be wonderful for children (and adults) of all ages but especially those anticipating a new brother or sister.

The second story is about having new experien
Barbara
Great children's mystery! My second graders loved it. The engaging canine characters and story held the interest of all students. The dog park was their favorite part. As a teacher, I loved the discussion questions at the end of the book. Definitely a Good Read for kids!
Ramona
Dec 11, 2009 Ramona marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I won this on first reads.Please check my friend Melissa Murphy's review for this book.
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
May
May added it
Nov 20, 2013
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Gloria Philpott
Gloria Philpott marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2012
Yetunde
Yetunde marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2012
Sumitha V
Sumitha V marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2011
Nina
Nina added it
Oct 04, 2011
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2010
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2010
Ms. Sokol
Ms. Sokol marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2010
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2010
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2010
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2010

The Adventures of the Poodle Posse (3 books)
  • Trouble Down Under
  • Creepy Tails: A Halloween Adventure & Activity Book
Creepy Tails: A Halloween Adventure & Activity Book Trouble Down Under The Adventures of the Poodle Posse: [Happy Tales 1 & 2] The Case of the Missing Steak Bone/Who Let the Dogs Out? (The Adventures of the Poodle Posse Book 1)