Start by marking “Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s” as Want to Read:
Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s

Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s (WildC.A.T.s I #5-6)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  354 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Alan Moore is considered by many to be the finest comics writer of the last quarter century. His achievements in the medium include 'WATCHMEN', 'V FOR VENDETTA', 'FROM HELL' and 'THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN'.

Now, Moore's defining run on the super-hero team known as WildC.A.T.s is collected into a single volume, one in which he is ably assisted by Travis Charest
Published August 1st 2007 by Wildstorm Comics

To ask other readers questions about Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s

Michael
This isn't as bad as some people make out. I admit it doesn't stand well against much of Moore's work but if you look at it in the context of its Image stablemates it's actually very readable and stands a little higher in the intelligence stakes than all the tech-fueled violence so prevalent at that time. The first eight instalments feature a split narrative featuring the new Wildcats formed after the apparent demise of the original team. It's fairly humourous, tongue lodged permanently in cheek ...more
William Thomas
The first time I read a WildCATS comic it was 1992 and I was sick in bed. I'd been on a camping trip with my boy scout troop and started having a serious migraine and running a fever. The scoutmaster called my mom from a payphone down the way and she came on out at 3 a.m. to pick me up on a rainy and cold Saturday night.

When I got home, she surprised me with a handful of the new Image books and a WildCATS t-shirt. (I kept that WildCATS t-shirt for 7 years, until it practically disintegrated and
Jack
Oct 04, 2008 Jack rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Yesterday I wrote about a really good team superhero comic, Identity Crisis, filled with compelling characters, a smart plot, and real risk. Alan Moore's run on WildC.A.T.s is the exact opposite of that: big, loud, and dumb.

Like so many of the early Image comics, there just doesn't seem to be any point to anything that is happening in this book other than some fighting and explosions. The characters are basically interchangeable, distinguished by the color of their hair or their superpowers, bu
Fizzgig76
Reprints WildC.A.T.s (1) #21-34, and #50 (July 1995-June 1998). The WildC.A.T.s are dead…or so Majestic believes. With the death of his team, Majestic and Savant set to make a new team of WildC.A.T.s to defend Earth. Unknown to Majestic and Savant, the WildC.A.T.s have survived and are about to learn the truth of the war between the Kherubim and Daemonites on Khera. Returning to Earth with this information, the WildC.A.T.s face the collapse of the team and uncover a traitor within their ranks.

Wr
Jessica Fure
Sep 18, 2012 Jessica Fure rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people I hated
Shelves: own
Alan Moore wrote this book to make people stop asking him to write comics - that's my best guess.
The only other explanation would be that he had one of those days that make you f'cking hate living, topped it off be eating a poison taco, then wrote this book in a fit of vengeance while sitting on the toilet, burning his ass off, praying for his death and the death of the rest of us, too.
Todd
To be fair to those who are reading this: I have never read anything else from the Wildstorm imprint.

This is a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the characters. It was hard to get into it at first because I wasn't sure who was new and who had history.

This is a bit like his run on Swamp Thing and Watchmen combined. He takes an established story and kind of throws it out the window to do his own thing. I really liked the WildC.A.T.s 2.0.

I am a bit interested in reading some of the earlier stuff now, bu
Chris
meh. I generally stay away from mainstream superhero comics for exactly this reason: little storyline. I took a chance here because I saw Savant and Tao were characters and generally like them. The first 1/3 of the GN, not bad, lots of cutting witty comments, however as soon as the Kherubim war was over and everyone heads back to Earth, the storyline gets extremely loose and is unfortunately based on the blow-things-up and look-sexy-while-doing-it stereotypical superhero comic bit. I expected mo ...more
B
You can kind of see here what Alan Moore would have done had kept making Watchmen with the Charlton Comics character. It's very rare to see Moore write in an explicit pass-the-baton mode. Here, he leaves the basic mysteries of an all-new character for others to figure out.

So generally, this book is very interesting and keeps a lot of threads --that could each support a book this size -- running without compromising too many. True, some of the stuff involving the original team feels cut too short
Mel
This series on the otherhand I did not enjoy nearly as much. It was very much a normal superhero comic set in a world with characters and people created by other writers. It started off with two storylines, one set on Earth where a new superhero team was being assembled. This was kinda dull, except for the crazy homocidal character named Maxine who was totally old school cyperpunk. She was definitely my favourite thing about the comic. The other part of the story was the old superhero team endin ...more
Hamish
It's actually kind of depressing that this even exists. When Moore broke into comics, he was this new guy doing strange, funny stuff that fit in very well with the British weeklies of the day. Then he got brought over to DC and made a name for himself as somebody applying a literary, poetic and psychological sophistication to American super-heroes. And then he did The Watchmen and was essentially crowned as the greatest writer in all of comics (no hyperbole). At which point he fell out with DC a ...more
Keith
I've actually read this in the earlier, two-volume edition, but for convenience sake want to pick up the one-volume, so I'm adding it to my 'to-read' list.

To combat all the negativity towards this admittedly minor work in Moore's canon, I refer to this poorly-punctuated but insightful Amazon review:

"Sometimes we get so used to a creator breaking new ground that when he just tells a great story on an existing landmass, we think he wrote a bad story. All the reveiwers here that claim this book is
Don
Maybe nowhere near the height of any of Moore's other works, but this year-long storyline is, unsurprisingly, quite possibly the best thing WildStorm put out during its first few years. (Certainly miles above Alan Moore's execrable Spawn / WildC.A.T.s book.) The outer-space adventure in the first half plays a nice game with expectation and disillusionment, while incorporating several interesting political allegories. The "war on crime" plotline, however, is arguably more interesting (and gives u ...more
Deb Cutler
If it didn't say it was written by Alan Moore, I wouldn't have guessed it. It was ok. I am glad I got it from the library instead of spending money on it.
Bosco Burns
Was alright
Think I would have liked it more if I'd read about the characters before
tunabowl tony
worth getting for just for travis charest's art.
Jesse
Kinda phoned in. I hope Mr. Moore did something nice for himself with the paycheck. You can't polish a turd.
Federiken Masters
Jul 07, 2012 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Simpatizantes del autor y la serie
Recommended to Federiken by: Completismo
Si bien ya leí toda la etapa de Moore en WildCats en distintas ediciones, creo que este tomo lo voy a reseñar recién cuando haga una relectura íntegra y ordenada de todos los números. Y, si es posible, habiendo leído previamente todo lo que viene antes. Por ahora ya leí el #1 de la colección Archivos Wildstorm y me pareció entretenido. Después veré el resto...
Ian
Not the best Alan Moore has to offer, but it's still a rather fun collection. I really love the way this one is drawn (the 90's obsession with cyberpunk really shines here), though I had no idea who the characters were. Maybe I'll check out some of the Stormwatch collections next...
Lori
The story attempted to follow two sets of WildC.A.T.S on completely different pathes and then tried to force them back into a singular setting/storyline. Overall the characters were unsympathetic fools, with only a good artist to try to sustain any interest in their fates.
Chad
Art was fun in this one, but not much that is signature Moore in this one. In other words, pretty standard stuff that doesn't stretch the genre. The female cyborg is the best character and that's a Moore creation. I could have read a series based on her...
Rich
And yes - this was just OK. Not awful, not great. Clearly a minor company's rip-off of the X-Men. It just seemed derivative, and not up to Moore's standards. In other words, it just feels like he did this for the money.
Jason Bootle
Not really into the whole super hero thing so I was reading this based on Moore's name. Jumped around a lot, couldn't work out what was going on and really, just not that engaged in the plot. Not my thing.
Alex Mathews
I couldn't help thinking Alan Moore didn't even write this. More like a Warhol Factory thing. There were some interesting characters but overall I found it trite.
Robert
Confused - and sometimes lost without knowing original wildcats. Some interesting twists - but too much just fight scenes without context of intereste
Chris
Worth reading for WildC.A.T.s fans.
Man Solo
May 09, 2011 Man Solo marked it as to-read
Alan Moore's stuff is usually good
Jaybee Bernabe
A nice story of the WILDCATS
Ben
I've got the first few issues of this series that Jim Lee wrote and they kind of suck, so it's amazing what Moore turns it into. This review also applies to Supreme if you change Jim Lee to Rob Liefeld.
Teanna Watkins
Teanna Watkins marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
  • Cable and X-Force, Vol. 2: Dead or Alive
  • Wolverine and the X-Men, Vol. 7
  • Captain America, Vol. 3: Loose Nuke
  • Uncanny X-Force, Vol. 1: Let It Bleed

Alan Moore is an English writer most famous for his influential work in comics, including the acclaimed graphic novels Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell. He has also written a novel, Voice of the Fire, and performs "workings" (one-off performance art/spoken word pieces) with The Moon and Serpent Grand Egypt
More about Alan Moore...

WildC.A.T.s I (6 books)
  • WildC.A.T.s Compendium
  • WildC.A.T.s/Cyberforce: Killer Instinct
  • WildC.A.T.s: A Gathering of Eagles
  • James Robinson's Complete WildC.A.T.s
  • WildC.A.T.s: Homecoming
  • WildC.A.T.s: Gang War
Watchmen V for Vendetta Batman: The Killing Joke The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1 From Hell