Start by marking “Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s” as Want to Read:
Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s

Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s (WildC.A.T.s I #6-7)

Alan Moore is considered by many to be the finest comics writer of the last quarter century. His achievements in the medium include 'WATCHMEN', 'V FOR VENDETTA', 'FROM HELL' and 'THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN'.

Now, Moore's defining run on the super-hero team known as WildC.A.T.s is collected into a single volume, one in which he is ably assisted by Travis Charest
Published August 1st 2007 by Wildstorm Comics

To ask other readers questions about Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s

Michael
Jan 16, 2011 Michael rated it liked it
This isn't as bad as some people make out. I admit it doesn't stand well against much of Moore's work but if you look at it in the context of its Image stablemates it's actually very readable and stands a little higher in the intelligence stakes than all the tech-fueled violence so prevalent at that time. The first eight instalments feature a split narrative featuring the new Wildcats formed after the apparent demise of the original team. It's fairly humourous, tongue lodged permanently in cheek ...more
William Thomas
May 20, 2012 William Thomas rated it really liked it
The first time I read a WildCATS comic it was 1992 and I was sick in bed. I'd been on a camping trip with my boy scout troop and started having a serious migraine and running a fever. The scoutmaster called my mom from a payphone down the way and she came on out at 3 a.m. to pick me up on a rainy and cold Saturday night.

When I got home, she surprised me with a handful of the new Image books and a WildCATS t-shirt. (I kept that WildCATS t-shirt for 7 years, until it practically disintegrated and
Keith
Aug 17, 2011 Keith rated it really liked it
I've actually read this in the earlier, two-volume edition, but for convenience sake want to pick up the one-volume, so I'm adding it to my 'to-read' list.

To combat all the negativity towards this admittedly minor work in Moore's canon, I refer to this poorly-punctuated but insightful Amazon review:

"Sometimes we get so used to a creator breaking new ground that when he just tells a great story on an existing landmass, we think he wrote a bad story. All the reveiwers here that claim this book is
Jack
Oct 04, 2008 Jack rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Yesterday I wrote about a really good team superhero comic, Identity Crisis, filled with compelling characters, a smart plot, and real risk. Alan Moore's run on WildC.A.T.s is the exact opposite of that: big, loud, and dumb.

Like so many of the early Image comics, there just doesn't seem to be any point to anything that is happening in this book other than some fighting and explosions. The characters are basically interchangeable, distinguished by the color of their hair or their superpowers, bu
Fizzgig76
Feb 25, 2014 Fizzgig76 rated it really liked it
Reprints WildC.A.T.s (1) #21-34, and #50 (July 1995-June 1998). The WildC.A.T.s are dead…or so Majestic believes. With the death of his team, Majestic and Savant set to make a new team of WildC.A.T.s to defend Earth. Unknown to Majestic and Savant, the WildC.A.T.s have survived and are about to learn the truth of the war between the Kherubim and Daemonites on Khera. Returning to Earth with this information, the WildC.A.T.s face the collapse of the team and uncover a traitor within their ranks.

Wr
Doyle
Sep 04, 2015 Doyle rated it did not like it
This is just awful. I had high hopes for Alan Moore's 1995 return to mainstream comics after a several year absence. Immediately following this story he went on to pen his run of Supreme, which I rank as one of my all-time favorites. The difference between this and Supreme is that on Supreme Moore wrote a story worthy of his name and talent. On WildCATs he wrote an "above average" comic book for the target audience, which he believed at the time to be "13 to 15 year old boys who only wanted to r ...more
Jessica Fure
Sep 18, 2012 Jessica Fure rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people I hated
Shelves: own
Alan Moore wrote this book to make people stop asking him to write comics - that's my best guess.
The only other explanation would be that he had one of those days that make you f'cking hate living, topped it off be eating a poison taco, then wrote this book in a fit of vengeance while sitting on the toilet, burning his ass off, praying for his death and the death of the rest of us, too.
Jesse
Jan 25, 2015 Jesse rated it it was ok
Kinda phoned in. I hope Mr. Moore did something nice for himself with the paycheck. You can't polish a turd.
Todd
Mar 14, 2014 Todd rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-3-14
To be fair to those who are reading this: I have never read anything else from the Wildstorm imprint.

This is a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the characters. It was hard to get into it at first because I wasn't sure who was new and who had history.

This is a bit like his run on Swamp Thing and Watchmen combined. He takes an established story and kind of throws it out the window to do his own thing. I really liked the WildC.A.T.s 2.0.

I am a bit interested in reading some of the earlier stuff now, bu
Aryeh
Apr 03, 2014 Aryeh rated it it was ok
meh. I generally stay away from mainstream superhero comics for exactly this reason: little storyline. I took a chance here because I saw Savant and Tao were characters and generally like them. The first 1/3 of the GN, not bad, lots of cutting witty comments, however as soon as the Kherubim war was over and everyone heads back to Earth, the storyline gets extremely loose and is unfortunately based on the blow-things-up and look-sexy-while-doing-it stereotypical superhero comic bit. I expected mo ...more
B
Jan 02, 2014 B rated it really liked it
Shelves: westend, borrowed
You can kind of see here what Alan Moore would have done had kept making Watchmen with the Charlton Comics character. It's very rare to see Moore write in an explicit pass-the-baton mode. Here, he leaves the basic mysteries of an all-new character for others to figure out.

So generally, this book is very interesting and keeps a lot of threads --that could each support a book this size -- running without compromising too many. True, some of the stuff involving the original team feels cut too short
David Leslie
Feb 06, 2016 David Leslie rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
If your a wildC.A.T.S fan and know the history this might be a great book for you,I'm not & don't so I jumped into this world cold.That wasn't a big problem but if I knew more if the world it would have helped.This actualy has alot in common woth Watchmen,not in quaility,this being a far infirior supdrhero book,having said that while Watchmen is an adult masterpiece of superhero deconstruction I could see alot of youger teen's getting alot more fun out of this than Watchmen which was many su ...more
Mel
Jan 06, 2012 Mel rated it liked it
This series on the otherhand I did not enjoy nearly as much. It was very much a normal superhero comic set in a world with characters and people created by other writers. It started off with two storylines, one set on Earth where a new superhero team was being assembled. This was kinda dull, except for the crazy homocidal character named Maxine who was totally old school cyperpunk. She was definitely my favourite thing about the comic. The other part of the story was the old superhero team endin ...more
Hamish
Mar 27, 2013 Hamish rated it liked it
It's actually kind of depressing that this even exists. When Moore broke into comics, he was this new guy doing strange, funny stuff that fit in very well with the British weeklies of the day. Then he got brought over to DC and made a name for himself as somebody applying a literary, poetic and psychological sophistication to American super-heroes. And then he did The Watchmen and was essentially crowned as the greatest writer in all of comics (no hyperbole). At which point he fell out with DC a ...more
Murf Reeves
Feb 26, 2016 Murf Reeves rated it liked it
Alan Moore is a fantastic writer, so I was slightly disappointed with his take on the Wildcats. The artwork was awesome, but the story was lackluster and predictable. I missed some of the humor of the original Wildcat series, but still and enjoyable read!
Don
Mar 24, 2012 Don rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Maybe nowhere near the height of any of Moore's other works, but this year-long storyline is, unsurprisingly, quite possibly the best thing WildStorm put out during its first few years. (Certainly miles above Alan Moore's execrable Spawn / WildC.A.T.s book.) The outer-space adventure in the first half plays a nice game with expectation and disillusionment, while incorporating several interesting political allegories. The "war on crime" plotline, however, is arguably more interesting (and gives u ...more
Deb
Feb 23, 2014 Deb rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, library-book
If it didn't say it was written by Alan Moore, I wouldn't have guessed it. It was ok. I am glad I got it from the library instead of spending money on it.
Sam
Aug 29, 2016 Sam rated it it was ok
Kinda fun, but mostly kinda superhero dumb. And with annoying sexualized, anatomically impossible comic art...
Bosco Burns
Sep 18, 2014 Bosco Burns rated it liked it
Was alright
Think I would have liked it more if I'd read about the characters before
tunabowl tony
Jan 02, 2015 tunabowl tony rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
worth getting for just for travis charest's art.
Feather Mista
Jul 07, 2012 Feather Mista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Simpatizantes del autor y la serie
Recommended to Feather by: Completismo
Si bien ya leí toda la etapa de Moore en WildCats en distintas ediciones, creo que este tomo lo voy a reseñar recién cuando haga una relectura íntegra y ordenada de todos los números. Y, si es posible, habiendo leído previamente todo lo que viene antes. Por ahora ya leí el #1 de la colección Archivos Wildstorm y me pareció entretenido. Después veré el resto...
Ian
Sep 08, 2011 Ian rated it liked it
Not the best Alan Moore has to offer, but it's still a rather fun collection. I really love the way this one is drawn (the 90's obsession with cyberpunk really shines here), though I had no idea who the characters were. Maybe I'll check out some of the Stormwatch collections next...
Lori
Sep 22, 2014 Lori rated it did not like it
The story attempted to follow two sets of WildC.A.T.S on completely different pathes and then tried to force them back into a singular setting/storyline. Overall the characters were unsympathetic fools, with only a good artist to try to sustain any interest in their fates.
Chad
Jun 09, 2013 Chad rated it liked it
Art was fun in this one, but not much that is signature Moore in this one. In other words, pretty standard stuff that doesn't stretch the genre. The female cyborg is the best character and that's a Moore creation. I could have read a series based on her...
Rich
Dec 29, 2012 Rich rated it it was ok
And yes - this was just OK. Not awful, not great. Clearly a minor company's rip-off of the X-Men. It just seemed derivative, and not up to Moore's standards. In other words, it just feels like he did this for the money.
Jason Bootle
May 08, 2013 Jason Bootle rated it did not like it
Not really into the whole super hero thing so I was reading this based on Moore's name. Jumped around a lot, couldn't work out what was going on and really, just not that engaged in the plot. Not my thing.
Alex Mathews
Apr 16, 2012 Alex Mathews rated it it was ok
I couldn't help thinking Alan Moore didn't even write this. More like a Warhol Factory thing. There were some interesting characters but overall I found it trite.
Robert
Aug 21, 2011 Robert rated it it was ok
Confused - and sometimes lost without knowing original wildcats. Some interesting twists - but too much just fight scenes without context of intereste
Chris
Aug 30, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Worth reading for WildC.A.T.s fans.
Man Solo
May 09, 2011 Man Solo marked it as to-read
Alan Moore's stuff is usually good
  • StormWatch, Vol. 4: A Finer World
  • Museum of Terror, Vol. 2: Tomie 2
  • Grendel/Batman: Devil's Masque
  • Superman: Our Worlds at War Omnibus
  • The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius 1
Alan Moore is an English writer most famous for his influential work in comics, including the acclaimed graphic novels Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell. He has also written a novel, Voice of the Fire, and performs "workings" (one-off performance art/spoken word pieces) with The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels, some of which have been released on CD.

As a comics writer, Moor