Start by marking “Undead and Unappreciated” as Want to Read:
Undead and Unappreciated

Undead and Unappreciated (Undead #3)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  19,119 Ratings  ·  571 Reviews
Reluctant vampire queen Betsy Taylor may rule the topsy-turvy world of the undead, but now Betsy's discovered that she has a long-lost half-sister who's the devil's daughter--and destined to rule the underworld.
Published February 1st 2007 by Berkley Sensation (first published July 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Undead and Unappreciated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undead and Unappreciated

valee
Better than the first two books, but still not good enough to keep me hooked.

I have a weird relationship with Betsy, kinda love-hate. Sometimes I think she is funny and witty, but then there are other moments in the books where I just wish somebody would smack something really hard in her head. But now, at least, she has accepted her relationship with Eric, which makes me wanna like her a bit more. Eric is a sweet and lovely hero. Although I liked him much more in book 1 where he was strong, po
Mahlet
Feb 09, 2009 Mahlet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, series
Fangs for the Fantasy
Betsy has not taken well to learning that not only is she a vampire but the queen of the vampires. Sure, her mother and her best friend adjusted to the change amazingly but even with that support, Betsy cannot seem to stay out of trouble. When Betsy learns that she has a half sister, she is drawn to investigate. Just like everything else in Betsy's life, nothing runs smoothly. In between dealing with a strike at her vampire club Scratch, and dealing with a hurt Eric, Betsy now has to keep a clos ...more
Jim
Another 2.5, although it was a bit more interesting due to a new character & plot line opening up. Easy listening on the commute to & from work. If I miss a few seconds, it's not a big deal. Definitely fluff, but entertaining fluff & Wu does a great job reading the parts. The characters have added a bit more depth, but they're still not popping. That might be part of the charm for some people since it tends to add to the humor.
Lisa D. Smith (Lissa Smith Reads)
Mary Janice Davidson is a master at creating fun characters and story lines that make you laugh aloud.
Grace
Feb 09, 2013 Grace rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, paranormal
The first two books were silly fluff, with a largely unlikeable heroine but enough of a quirky setup that I was interested to read on. Train stops here, though.

Betsy becomes even more shallow, pigheaded and crass, if that's possible. Everyone else operates as spokes on her self-centered little wheel. Plot points are brought up only to be left as loose ends. Betsy's half-sister seems to be a plot thread, except that there's no real event or resolution involving her. Sinclair's an idiot who is app
Marisa
Apr 04, 2011 Marisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm fairly patient with chick-lit (and vampire chick-lit) - I don't expect it to be unusually clever or well-written. It's just something to pass the time and make for incredibly light reading. This book was a little too fluffy and insubstantial for my tastes, but I was really bothered by a particular detail- the author writes intricate descriptions of the character's clothing and shoes... and the implication is clearly supposed to be that the character is shoe-obsessed and has good, albeit expe ...more
Anne
Jul 21, 2009 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jill joyce
I love Betsy!
This time around, she learns she has a half-sister, Laura. Yay! Then she reads the Book of the Dead and goes insane. Boo! It turns out that a side effect of reading the book is a trip to crazy-town. Before she gets control of herself she manages to take a bite out of Jess and seduce Eric. Naturally, Jess is livid, and more than a little freaked out at Betsy for chomping on her. But it is Eric's suprising reaction to finding out Betsy was loco when they had sex that really sends our
Grace
Jun 07, 2015 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The introduction of a devil spawn half sister has me thinking I don't have the staying power to make it to the end of this series, but for now I'm still enjoying it.
Stealthilicious Stacie
Nothing happened. It was 200+ pages of nothing.
Danielle (Danniegurl)
I wasn't as huge of a fan of this one. Eric Sinclair her lover and king has royally effed up with her. And what does Betsy do? She gives in entirely too easily. This is where I noticed a shift within the series. I am not happy with that shift, Eric started using more "dears" and I didn't like it, he didn't seem to be the same Sinclair we loved before. He was starting to show his vampire age. I'm just not loving the direction this went. We had a great fun story going and now it's getting heavy an ...more
Rina
Oct 04, 2009 Rina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betsy is back with her usual charm. It has been a while since I read Undead and Unemployed Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) by MaryJanice Davidson, so I have kind of missed Jessica and Marc (Betsy's friends), Tina (another young-looking vampire friend), and of course the gorgeous Eric Sinclair.

In this book, Elizabeth Taylor the Queen of the Undead finds out that she has a long-lost half sister. Wait... that's not the surprise. This sister turns out to be the Devil's (yup, that one from Hell) daughter, and has been destined to take over the World.
Be
Carolyn  Storer
"Undead and Unappreciated" is a fun addition to the 'Undead' series, although it's a very short read, a lot happens.

Betsy, the Queen of the Vampires, is a shoe loving, blood-obstaining vampire who drinks milk instead. However, because she's queen nothing harms her, including crosses and even stakes.

There is the Book of the Dead though, and after fighting with Eric Sinclair, she closes herself off in the library and reads for hours. But she ignores the warnings that reading too much for too long
Exina
…you just never knew when a totally normal vampire errand would end in a bloodbath with severed-limb soap.

Undead and Unappreciated is the third book of the Undead series. Betsy's adventures continue, and finally she finds - I guess it's neither a secret nor a surprise - 'happily ever after' with Eric Sinclair.
I opened my door and gaped. Sinclair was in my bed.
“Don't you think this is a little presumptuous?”
“No.”
“I debated outside your door and decided to give you space!”
“How sweet. Plea
BJ Rose
Apr 18, 2010 BJ Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to BJ Rose by: BHB challenge
I'm really surprised - almost stunned - at how much I'm enjoying this series, since I'm not all that crazy about most urban fantasy. But how can you not love a 6-months-dead vampire who turns out to be Queen of the Vampires AND who has a shoe fetish?! Granted, I don't even recognize the names of many of the expensive shoemakers, but Betsy does know an expensive shoe when she sees it, especially when the she-devil is wearing it (I jumped ahead just a little with that detail).

Betsy is still trying
sabisteb
Apr 19, 2011 sabisteb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Betsy hat es mit ihrem neuen Club nicht leicht, dass man aber auch immer das Hab und Gut desjenigen Vampirs erbt, den man umgebracht hat...
Und dann kommt es noch dicker, im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes, ihre verhasste Stiefmutter ist schwanger und sie erfährt, dass sie eine Halbschwester hat, die ungkücklicherweise die Tochter des Teufels ist, wobei die Verwandschaft über ihren Vater her rührt, die Mutter ist der teufel, der ihre Stiefmutter eine Zeit lang übernommen hatte. Das sagt doch schon alle
Karen
Mar 10, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, 2015
Okay I love the humor in this series. And the characters are soo likeable. I really like that it is very different from the other vampire books that are out there. And I can not wait to see what happens to the characters and how the main character deals with things that happen in her life. Yeah some of it tends to be way out there but the humor of it makes up for it plus the characters are so well written.
Kelley
This series just isn't for me. I'm not into the whole funny vampires mixed with chick lit thing. And I couldn't care less or know less about the shoes Betsey is obsessed with. I tried the first one in the series a while back and it was OK I guess. I have the second one in audio that I bought before I knew these books weren't for me so eventually I'll listen to it since I hate paying the money for an audio only to never listen to it. This one I just happened to see at the library on CD and I need ...more
Emily
Feb 23, 2012 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this latest volume in the saga of Betsy, Queen of the Vampires, everyone finds out Betsy has a half sister who is also the daughter of the devil, so that’s super. Also, Betsy and Eric work on their relationship, which was hot. Plus, Andrea and Daniel from “Dead Girls Don’t Dance” make a cameo and it was to see them again. Marc doesn’t factor as much in this one which makes me sad because I heart him. I want more meaty info on the mythology of these particular vampires and especially more back ...more
Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated"
These are cute books and wonderful when that dark cloud of depression settles over you. (Which is what seems to be happening this weekend.)

Betsy is still drooling over shoes and trying to learn how to rule the undead. The language is such fun. I have absolutely nothing in common with Betsy and I think that's part of the fun. I have NEVER worried about what my shoes looked like. (I'm more interested in how they FEEL.) The great addition in this book is a half-sister - who also happens to be the
Shawnie
2.5 - 3. I spent the first half of the book annoyed with Betsy. The second half was easier once I settled into the snark and slapstick. I enjoyed the happy ending.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
I didn't like this one as much as the previous books, but it's still funny, quirky, and amusing. I have already started book four. Of course.
Lindsay
Jan 28, 2012 Lindsay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Like the previous two books, I couldn’t put this down. I was intrigued with the addition of Laura and can’t wait to see more of that storyline. I’m also glad that a decision was made between Sinclair and Betsy.

My only complaint came from The Book of the Dead. I hated the scenes with Betsy after she read the book and her interactions with Jessica and Marc. One of the things I really love about this series is the friendship between Jessica and Betsy and I really felt the book suffered with their
Melie
Mar 09, 2016 Melie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Betsy Taylor - Happy Hour in der Unterwelt" ist der dritte Band einer mehrteiligen Reihe. Danach folgen "Untot lebt sichs auch ganz gut", "Nur über meine Leiche", "Biss der Tod euch scheidet", "Wer zuletzt beißt", "Man stirbt nur zweimal", "Zum Teufel mit Vampiren", "Zweimal Hölle und zurück" und zuletzt "Wer zweimal stirbt, ist länger tot".

Betsy ist in diesem Hörbuch stolze Besitzerin eines Nachtklubs, muss aber feststellen, dass der Klub kurz vor der Pleite steht. In diesem Teil macht sich B
Sarah Crawford
Jan 29, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betsy goes to an AA meeting. She's also still on her I'm-not-attracted-to-Sinclair pretend thing, even though she really likes him a lot.

Betsy's step-monster (step-mother) is going to have a baby and is throwing a baby shower, although she doesn't want Betsy to show up. Betsy manages to find out she has a brother or sister that was a product of her step-monster in the past, but was given away.

Sinclair, Betsy and some others go to her step-monster and ask about the first baby. Betsy finds out th
Sammy Nicholas
Dec 30, 2014 Sammy Nicholas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these books! This series, is seriously awesome! I love that Davidson was able to create this amazing lead character that is a strong female lead but yet so simple minded and funny. And so, so very far from being a stereotypical vampire. The addition of Satan's daughter is also a really interesting choice, and a great one!
This story is all about finding Satan's daughter and dealing with the problem she poses. But she winds up being not at all what was expected.
Betsy is as blonde and ditz
Loretta
Aug 01, 2015 Loretta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third novel in the Undead and Unwed series. It has been six months since Betsy became the Queen of Vampires and her life hasn't gotten any easier. Betsy now is attempting to run a business, a club called Scratch, and complete her queenly duties when a bomshell is landed on her that she in fact has a half sister who is the spawn of the devil.

I am really enjoying this series and can't wait to pick up the next installment. After perusing the comments for this novel I don't see too many
Ms.
There's nothing interesting or admirable about any character in this book. Even Sookie Stackhouse had talent, skills, charisma, etc. Betsey is just a dumb character who bounces around and lucks herself in and out of situations. Her "sass" is misplaced-- she just yells for no reason. I wouldn't want this character as a friend in real life. I don't want to read about her.

The author's editorializing about race seems like she has a serious chip on her shoulder. Why does she need to bring a conversat
Cindyg
Apr 29, 2010 Cindyg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this was better Queen Betsy is finally getting her groove on. It's about time damn it, Sinclair is a saint. Queen Betsy is starting to get with the program, taking her responsibilities as the Queen more seriously. Now this one is a winner.
Brekke
Aug 02, 2014 Brekke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reading
In the third installment of the Undead series, we learn that Betsy has a sister, and that sister just happens to be the Antichrist whose name is not Damien or Adrian, but is instead, Laura. Laura Goodman, to be exact. While learning about the Antichrist, Betsy also takes a gander at the Book of the Dead and goes nuts, hurting Jessica and Sinclair and basically being a raging...*cough* Anyway, bad things happen, but she gains the benefit of being able to wake up before sunset which causes a bit o ...more
  • Zen and the Art of Vampires (Dark Ones #6)
  • Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire (Broken Heart #2)
  • Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2)
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
  • Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3)
  • Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating #5)
  • Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites, #2)
  • Charmed & Ready (Bronwyn the Witch, #2)
  • Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, #2)
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005.

MaryJanice's Facebook page:

More about MaryJanice Davidson...

Undead (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1)
  • Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2)
  • Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4)
  • Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5)
  • Undead and Uneasy (Undead, #6)
  • Undead and Unworthy (Undead, #7)
  • Undead and Unwelcome (Undead, #8)
  • Undead and Unfinished (Undead, #9)
  • Undead and Undermined (Undead, #10)
  • Undead and Unstable (Undead, #11)

“He snarled at me. "This isn't over yet, Betsy."
"Excellent," I said. "I would also have accepted 'You haven't seen the last of me' and 'You'll regret this'.”
26 likes
“I—I adore you, too. Well, I don't know if I adore you. That's not really the word I'd use. But I—I—" I managed to wrench it out. God, this was hard! "I love you."
"Of course you do," he said, totally unsurprised.
"WHAT? I finally tell you my deepest, most personal feelings and you're all, 'Yeah, I already got that memo'? This, this is why you drive me nuts! This is why it's so hard to tell you things! I take it back.”
26 likes