Start by marking “The Starseed Transmissions” as Want to Read:
The Starseed Transmissions

The Starseed Transmissions

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  162 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The first volume of the Starseed Trilogy: Intuitive knowledge featuring a startling new view of human evolution.
Published June 7th 1991 by HarperOne (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Starseed Transmissions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Starseed Transmissions

Kristin Rose
Apr 10, 2009 Kristin Rose rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2009
this book is so beauiful, it's transcendent... it fills me with hope for the future.
Jeanne Johnston
Mar 22, 2014 Jeanne Johnston rated it really liked it
It's been years since I first read this and I had forgotten how heavily it relied on christianity-centered concepts. That bums me out a bit and blunts the message. I'm sure this is intended simply as a frame of reference so the average reader will be able to grasp the concepts, but for those who reject the trappings, the message gets fuzzy.

Those of a magickal bent know that technology without a frame of reference--the language to describe it--makes it seem like magic. Show a Bic lighter to some
Sabrina
Feb 05, 2014 Sabrina rated it really liked it
Excellent writing. When the Christ Consciousness began speaking my mind became blown. I was already pleased with the angelic body information as it gave understanding but then came Christ!
Small but powerful looking forward to reading The Third Millennium after meditating on all that The Starseed Transmissions offered.
Roger Buck
Jul 12, 2014 Roger Buck rated it it was ok
Absolutely loved this when I read it, while living at Findhorn nearly 30 years ago. Back then, I thought of Ken Carey as a distinctly Christian kind of New Age soul. How many years it took me to see that the Christ Mystery was something utterly different from what I ever found in Carey or any other of New Age author.

Because ten years after I left Findhorn, on an autumn night of 1997, everything changed: http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2013/...
Margot
Jan 12, 2016 Margot rated it it was amazing
Wow. I don't know what I was really expecting, when I dug this thin little book out of the back of my closet to finally read. But I certainly never could have imagined what I found.

Ken Carey's "transmission" bridges the divide between science and religion, walking in sync with many other philosophies including Buddhism, The Secret, and self-actualization, etc. I was extremely surprised to find how many of my own half-formed thoughts (often showing up as themes in my writing) strongly mirrored Ca
Patricia
Sep 08, 2013 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read this AGAIN due to the urgency of the message. With scientists saying that something is going on astronomically, and many respected authors writing books about this time period, along with the predictions of the Mayans & other indigenous groups coming forward to share their prophecies- well it seemed the right time to re-read, to see how the ideas of Ken Carey's channeled book compare with some of the current information out there. The book is beautifully written and even if ...more
Deanna Joseph
Dec 27, 2012 Deanna Joseph rated it it was amazing
This is a pretty interesting book - and I'll say I enjoyed it way more the second time around. It's a channeled work, and starts off with the feel of an angelic or star being. Toward the end of the book it's clearly Christ (or the Christ consciousness), but it's always loving, and always striving to remind us we are more than we think, we are connected, and we are loved.
Magdelanye
It takes a leap of instinct to even open a book like this, channelled over a brief period and no doubt coloured by the authors own bias and habits of thinking. For all that, there were some remarkable bits, stuff that really resonated,and I shall write more on this when I have had the chance to brood a bit more.
Sven
Feb 21, 2009 Sven rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
A short text with a hopeful view of a spiritual future. A bit slow to get started, but becomes easier.

Much of the last half is a retelling of Jesus's words from the new testament.

This is a bit more mystical than I usually read, but it's worth the time.
Kamil
Aug 20, 2013 Kamil rated it it was ok
One of the weirdest books I've ever read. I liked the stream-of-consciousness style and it identified some interesting and thought provoking ideas. However, the premise was just too weird.
Nathan
Nov 19, 2007 Nathan rated it really liked it
Shelves: wake-up, fastreads
First in a series of four books, this is a channeled book from more evolved non-physical entities from the 1980s about the coming human evolutionary quantum leap. Fascinating, and probably true.
seth chapin
Mar 21, 2009 seth chapin rated it it was amazing
I have a signed copy-it's a smaller book, extremely fun to read through. I would recommend it. Great book on Perceptual Realities.
Brian Coats
Sep 05, 2012 Brian Coats rated it really liked it
Happy to promote this book that shares hope in a hopeless society.
Joe
Jun 22, 2008 Joe rated it really liked it
humanity must evolve or grow stale....
Lian
Aug 03, 2012 Lian rated it it was amazing
A must read for everyone
Mckinley
Feb 24, 2011 Mckinley rated it really liked it
Interesting.
Richard Chando
Richard Chando rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Tommy Ronzoni
Tommy Ronzoni marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Missy Obergefell
Missy Obergefell rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Kaci
Kaci marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
ChellRaven
ChellRaven marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Gemma
Gemma rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Ron Head
Ron Head rated it really liked it
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
G. Robins
G. Robins marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
isaac
isaac rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
  • Bear Daughter
  • The Soul's Religion: Cultivating a Profoundly Spiritual Way of Life
  • Unlearn, Rewild: Earth Skills, Ideas and Inspiration for the Future Primitive
  • The Pleiadian Workbook: Awakening Your Divine Ka
  • Family of Light: Pleiadian Tales and Lessons in Living
  • When Everything Changes, Change Everything: In a Time of Turmoil, A Pathway to Peace
  • Soul Love: Awakening Your Heart Centers (Soul Life, #1)
  • Secrets of the Soil: New Solutions for Restoring Our Planet
  • The Daughters of Joy: An Adventure of the Heart
  • Fractions: The First Half of The Fall Revolution
  • The Essential Zohar: The Source of Kabbalistic Wisdom
  • Jump...And Your Life Will Appear: An Inch-by-Inch Guide to Making a Major Change
  • Keeper'n Me
  • With or Without God: Why the Way We Live is More Important than What We Believe
  • The Second Book of the Tao