Start by marking “The Other Facts of Life ” as Want to Read:
The Other Facts of Life

The Other Facts of Life

There are some things Ben doesn't understand. His unwilling father is sent to explain the facts of life to him - only to find the questions Ben asks are far tougher than he expected, and he doesn't have the answers. Ben mounts an inspired crusade that is both deadly serious - and very funny.
Published September 29th 1994 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about The Other Facts of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Facts of Life

Rosie Simmons
I think that Morris Gleitzman has written the book, The Other Facts of Life, really well. I liked this book because there was quite a lot of humourous writing, which of course, I enjoyed to read. I was quite amazed when I found out that this was the first book that Morris Gleitzman had written as I found, when I was reading it, that it seemed like it had been written by an experienced author.

This book was about an interesting topic, but included real life opinions, like when not many people seem
Anqi Qiao
Mar 21, 2016 Anqi Qiao rated it it was ok
This Morris Gleitzman book- The Other Facts of Life was an interesting read. Although this book covers several good aspects, I believe that it wasn't extremely well written. The plot had many potential, but I feel that it didn't really manage to keep me hooked throughout the book. But maybe this could also be because it is not my type of book and i feel like it should be aimed at an audience slightly younger then me.

Despite the bad things, this book also had a lot of good stuff in it too. It mak
Alyssa Li
Mar 21, 2016 Alyssa Li rated it liked it
In the book "The Other Facts Of Life", Morris Gleitzman shows you what it is like to be socially conscious throughout the life of Ben, a young twelve year old boy who is determined to make his parents share the same concern. Although it didn't really hook me in, it was a very relatable and witty read.

This book got me thinking about world common issues and how we're dealing with them - something I haven't really thought about in the past. I loved how the characters' reactions weren't exaggerated,
Beth.Baker
Mar 21, 2016 Beth.Baker rated it liked it
The other facts of life
By Morris Gleitzman
Review By Beth Baker

I’m not one for liking non fiction books but this book really stood out to me. Ben is always finding himself locked in his room with questions stacking up in his brain, His dad, no to busy, His sister, Has enough problems and his Mum just doesn't care, even though the situations are different i found myself relating to a few things in the book like ‘Is that what you got this for? She said in amazement’ not in the same turns but when
Jackson
Mar 21, 2016 Jackson rated it it was ok
Jaimee Robson
Mar 21, 2016 Jaimee Robson rated it it was ok
I think that Morris Gleizmans book is an ok, but that's my opinion other might think its a amazing book. I think I didn't like this book because its not the kind of books I like. I did but didn't enjoy reading this book I enjoyed it because he shaved his head and other parts like, but I didn't enjoy this book because I don't like books like these I like fiction books this book, could be made up but I didn't enjoy it.I recommend this book to people who would like to view the aspects of human righ ...more
Justin Hawker
Mar 02, 2016 Justin Hawker rated it liked it
I've never really realised how many people were in poverty but in Morris Gleitzman book "The Other Facts Of Life" main character Ben is worried and needs some answers. The story of Ben who is going through a phase and his family can not help him.

The reason why I liked this book was because it was different to most of the other books I have read. Most of the books I read are adventures, but this book is about a real world problem. Another thing I liked about this book was how quickly the story co
Orla Longdon
Mar 21, 2016 Orla Longdon rated it liked it
The other facts of life is a non-fiction novel and has an interesting storyline i enjoyed reading it, I found it to be quite an easy read, it didn’t take me very long.
I recommend ‘The other facts of life’ to people who would like to view the aspects of human rights in a child’s point of view. This book gave me the understanding of Ben’s perspective on human rights.

Ben was extremely aware of the problems the world faced at the time. When he discussed his concerns with his family they did not ta
Kate McNaught
The Other Facts of Life is an action packed novel by Morris Gleitzman.

Ben (the main character) is obsessed with world problems and wants to make his family believe in them to. It made me realize at lot of world problems I never think about in my normal life but Ben's obsession world really annoy me if i was in his family, because we cant change it by shaving our hair off and tanning yourself and giving your dad a heart attack.

I found that his parents didn't do the right thing to help and suppo
Joel
Mar 21, 2016 Joel rated it liked it
The other facts of life
by Morris Gleitzman
Review by Joel McKay

This book about the character Ben and how he is trying to understanding his feelings about poverty and human rights. It has shown me, and i'm sure a lot of people, a new way of looking at the world and the way we live.

This book is about a teenage boy called Ben who is trying to figure out his feelings and make other people see the world in the same way as him. His parents think he is going through a phase, and wants to make Ben stop p
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 Sally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: australian, childrens
I liked Misery Guts/Sticky Beak et al much better.
Debs Awesomeo
Oct 08, 2010 Debs Awesomeo rated it it was amazing
One of the most important books I read as a kid
Emily Ferraro
Emily Ferraro rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2014
Nathan Cartmell
Nathan Cartmell rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
Eva Lorenz
Eva Lorenz rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2010
Vongola Primo
Vongola Primo rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2010
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2010
Anthony
Anthony rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2012
Lina
Lina rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2013
Adele
Adele rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Magdalena
Magdalena rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2011
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2017
Steven Graham
Steven Graham rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2017
joshy
joshy rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Sabita
Sabita rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Regan
Regan rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Aaliya
Aaliya rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Kay Kay
Kay Kay rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Morris began his writing career as a screenwriter, and wrote his first children's novel in 1985. His brilliantly comic style has endeared him to children and adults alike, and he is now one of Australia's most successful authors, both internationally and at home. He was born in England in 1953 and emigrated to Australia in 1969 so he could escape from school and become a Very Famous Writer.

Before
More about Morris Gleitzman...