Start by marking “Civil War: X-Men Universe” as Want to Read:
Civil War: X-Men Universe

Civil War: X-Men Universe (Civil War: A Marvel Comics Event)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,535 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Hot on the heels of both smash hits "House of M" and "Son of M," Quicksilver returns. But is he friend or foe? Complicating matters even more, the divisiveness of Civil War has spread to X-Factor. Its Jamies choice that may well decide whether X-Factor stays together or cracks apart. This volume collects "Cable & Deadpool" #30-#32, and "X-Factor" #8-#9. Older teens.
Published May 30th 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Civil War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Civil War

Jeff
Nov 03, 2014 Jeff rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
Hey, let’s smoosh two different X-Men related books together and sell it as a Civil War tie-in book. Cha-ching!

The cash grab ploy aside, this is a pretty entertaining collection. You have issues of X-Factor and Cable & Deadpool co-habiting in this volume.

X-Factor or “When Marvel cross over events collide and go boom.”

If anyone can make this crossover madness entertaining it’s Peter David with his trademark low key humor and deft characterization and bonus because it’s all centered on Jamie
Meghan
Deadpool! I had less than zero expectations for Deadpool, but he turned out to be a breath of fresh air in the overwrought Civil War saga. His first-person narration—which is broken, so he's actually just mumbling to himself the entire time—is pointed, metafictional and very, very funny. I don't think I even cared about anything else that was in this collection; all stars are for Deadpool.
Ivy
I would have to say I don't like Deadpool. He seems to betray his friends for money and he seems too weird. What powers does Layla have? I wonder what the ooutcome will be for the Civil War.
Julia
Mar 31, 2016 Julia rated it it was ok
Shelves: marvel-comics, 2016
I guess to be completely fair, this would be 2.25 stars.

This collects two issues of X-Factor and then three issues of Cable & Deadpool, both of which may make little sense if you don't have extensive knowledge on the less popular X-Men. The X-Factor issues were lacking in plot and clarity, and the art offered no redemption. The Cable & Deadpool issues were slightly fun strictly because of Deadpool. The art was okay, but it was still a poorly conceived plot. This is not what I was looking
Jason
Jan 07, 2009 Jason rated it liked it
I really enjoyed some of the unique characters to come out in this installment. That being said, I'm getting a little bored of the Super Hero Registration Act as a means of pitting these characters against one another. I'm going to read one last Civil War GN but will probably move on from this theme after that. The dichotomy worked well for a couple of installments, but got a bit worn out after a while.
Feather Mista
Dec 27, 2010 Feather Mista rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans de las macrosagas
Recommended to Feather by: Que estaban a mano
Me acabo de dar cuenta gracias a la bonita wikipedia de que ya leí todos los capítulos que contienen este tomo. Los de X-Factor en el #8 de Panini, que poseo, y los de Deadpool/Cable de prestado en la edición española Masacre/Cable. En cuanto al contenido: los de X-Factor son muy buenos y los de Masacre/Cable no estaban mal, aunque se iba un poco al carajo porque sí. Cuando pueda me releo aunque sea los de X-Factor y ahí probablemente rerreseñe algún aspecto que me llame la atención.
Arturo
Iv become a fan of Peter David's X-Factor. From his run on the original X-Factor series and even more of a fan of Madrox, starting with ''Madrox:Multiple Issues" and this X-Factor series. It does a great job going for the noir feel. And here the series gets even better. The character of Jamie Madrox has gotten so great, that when he stands up against Cyclops, I get more of the feeling of what Civil War is capable of doing to everyone. With issues that are rightly justified on both sides. (and y ...more
Adriana
I give it 3.5 stars mostly because the title of this book is very misleading and i didn't like a third of it.
Only the first third deals X-force with an appearance by the X-men and it’s more related to M-Day than to the Civil War. There’s some talk about the Registration Act, but the big deal is made about Decimation Day. It’s rushed and disconnected and it deals with characters a casual reader will have almost no knowledge of. My review would be a lot lower if it weren’t for the last part of th
Steven Shinder
Aug 10, 2013 Steven Shinder rated it it was amazing
Though I knew about Multiple Man thanks to X-Men: The Last Stand, this comic was my introduction to the X-Factor, a mutant detective agency in District X, also known as Mutant Town. One of the mutants, Layla, is very interesting; she knows about future events and humurously references Atlas Shrugged, a book she is seen reading. Quicksilver and the X-Men also make appearances amid the conflict caused by the Superhuman Registration Act. Meanwhile, Deadpool and Cable find themselves against each ot ...more
Dawn Livingston
May 11, 2015 Dawn Livingston rated it did not like it
I used to collect X-Men back in the 80's and early 90's when there was just one X-Men title. I started collecting a little after Kitty Pryde joined the team. I stopped when they started introducing multiple X-Men titles and things got a little too confusing and the stories were lousy. I also collected New Mutants, Excalibur, some West Coast Avengers.

I found out my library had lots of X-Men graphic novels so I decided to see if I could find anything that would make me want to start collecting X-M
Dusty Henry
Mar 01, 2013 Dusty Henry rated it liked it
Would have scored this higher if it had been an entirely Deadpool focused book. His section (which is over half of the book) is excellent. However, the entire X-Force section was hard to get through. If you're not entirely aware of events happening pre-Civil War (like me) it leaves you pretty much out in the cold as to what the heck is going on. It makes a lot of assumptions and the characters aren't very likeable. Deadpool's biting humor and commentary is a welcome relief. It's still curious th ...more
Matthew Collins
Dec 13, 2012 Matthew Collins rated it really liked it
As some other reviews have said, all these four stars go directly to Deadpool. The beginning of the volume is somewhat boring. I lack interest in many of the mutants from X-Factor (and the ones I do find interesting didn't do ANYTHING in this one, i.e. Layla), and frankly, they didn't make any of the political issues interesting until Deadpool came in. Once Deadpool enters though the comic is clever, entertaining, and a lot of fun. So if you enjoy Deadpool (or have not read too much of him), fee ...more
Annette Jordan
Reading this as a Civil War tie in so I haven't read about the events coming up to this
X Factor- the artwork is dated and clunky looking
Time for the comic relief when Deadpool decides to become a bounty hunter rounding up unregistered super heroes and in keeping with the Civil War theme, his pal Cable is trying to help the rebels which can only lead to one thing -conflict. The Deadpool story is worth the 3 stars, the x factor one.
Hrishi
Mar 23, 2015 Hrishi rated it liked it
I haven't laughed this hard while reading a comic book in ages. Deadpool is amazingly funny - much funnier here than he was during the House of M event. Some great one liners here.

This book would've scored 5 stars if all it had was Deadpool.

Alas, there is also the abysmally pointless (and unrelated) story from the pages of X-Factor which is just utterly bad! 5 stars for Deadpool, and no stars for the crapfest that is X-Factor? Sure...
Mitchell
A grab bag of Marvel Civil War stories. X-Factor was okay but Cable and Deadpool were pretty much as bad as they usually are. Actually that's unfair - Cable was better than usual as was Deadpool. Which makes them annoying and unenjoyable. This particular batch of X-Factors I don't particularly know - Layla was pretty interesting though. Not bad, but definitely skippable.
Shannon Appelcline
Apr 25, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
The X-Factor story is good, but there's enough ongoing plot for this snippet to be confusing in this context [6]. I find Deadpool grating, though this Cable & Deadpool snippet shows off Nicieza's strength in character stories [6].

Overall, this volume felt like a waste, as the stories each work better in the context of their individual series.
Zachary
Aug 02, 2012 Zachary rated it really liked it
Having been disappointed by another X-Men Civil War book, I was not expecting much from this one. I was very happily surprised and ended up thoroughly enjoying it! I have to say though that is wasn't the X-Men who "saved the day" as far as my enjoyment goes, but the Deadpool/Cable escapades that were quite exciting and kept pushing me to read on.
Sylvester
May 23, 2016 Sylvester rated it it was amazing
Cable tries to reason with the president about the danger of Superhuman Registration Act, Deadpool was the enforcer of the Act. X-factor chooses their side in the war.

Cable was pretty based as he confronted the president, he delivered a good little analogy of 1984, X-factor issue 8 was particularly fun as we see Layla talk about Objectivism. Peter David has done well in taking a stand.
Holden Attradies
Cool collection of civil war tie in's but my gut reaction is I would enjoy them more within their perspective series. I kind of felt like I had little Idea what was going on with these characters or events and felt pretty lost.
Jay Gray
Jul 09, 2013 Jay Gray rated it really liked it
I would have given this book a five star rating, but it gets a four instead because the X-Factor issues are awful. You might as well skip them and just read the Cable and Deadpool issues. They tie more to the overall Civil War story, and have a lot of classic Deadpool humor fun.
Chloe
May 13, 2009 Chloe rated it liked it
Shelves: not-owned, comics
The Deadpool/Cable team-up did what I had long considered impossible and actually made me kind of like his character. I can't really comment on the X-Factor issues collected herein because there's just so much backstory that I have missed out on.
Nate
Jul 07, 2008 Nate rated it it was ok
Quicksilver is a fun character and I love that he moves too quickly to appear in most of the first issue (I'm not sure why I like that running joke as much as I do) but is only in two of the five issues contained within. Cable & Deadpool, the focus of the last three issues aren't worth the effort.
Marion
Jun 05, 2015 Marion rated it it was ok
Best thing about this one: the cover. And Deadpool.
Nova
Jan 17, 2016 Nova rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I did not like the style of drawing in the first bit,but I loved the parts with Deadpool. I really want to read more comics with Deadpool and Nate in them.
Rachel
Aug 31, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it
I loved loved loved the Cable/Deadpool issues; the X-Factors were not my thing.
Jaime
Shelves: comic-books
really weird
Jen
Apr 20, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it
Mostly Cable and Deadpool. Damn, that was serious. I felt legit bad for DP. This was a really good volume to show the drastic lines that have been drawn between friends in the super hero circles.
Tina
Jun 18, 2016 Tina rated it liked it
Shelves: grahic-novels, 2016
That Deadpool, is he always such a scene stealer?
Matt
Apr 11, 2014 Matt rated it it was amazing
I love Deadpool. Enough said. Read this comic.
  • Civil War: Punisher War Journal
  • House of M: Uncanny X-Men
  • X-Men: Endangered Species
  • World War Hulk: X-Men
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to hum
More about Peter David...

Civil War: A Marvel Comics Event (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Civil War: A Marvel Comics Event