Start by marking “X-Men: Phoenix - Warsong” as Want to Read:
X-Men: Phoenix - Warsong

X-Men: Phoenix - Warsong (Phoenix: Endsong/Warsong #2)

The Phoenix is back! But where has it been reborn? Fire and pain await the X-Men. Can they handle what's to come?! Collects X-Men: Phoenix - Warsong #1-5.
Published July 25th 2007 by Marvel (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Men

Christian Smith
3/10Stars

"The Phoenix no longer controls you, Celeste. Now you control the Phoenix. Of course, the truly beautiful part of it all… Is that I control you."--Dr. Sublime
Roman Colombo
Mar 13, 2017 Roman Colombo rated it liked it
The story was not as strong as Endsong--not as emotional--but it was a lot stranger. If you were a fan of Grant Morrison's work, this is a nice continuation. It's really weird.

The art is much better than Endsong, thankfully.
Brad
Jun 14, 2008 Brad rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, marvel
Greg Pak usually does a good job playing with other writers' toys. His work on the Hulk is the best stuff since Peter David's, and I enjoyed the few Battlestar Galactica comics of his I read. Here, he tinkers with a few of Grant Morrison's weirder additions to the X-Universe from New X-Men, but leaves the toys in worse shape than when he started.
The Stepford Cuckoos are three (though they were once five) identical blondes that share one cold, humorless, telepathic mind. They're the prized stu
Apr 29, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I missed this when it first came out and a friend loaned me her copy. My reaction mostly consists of me wanting to re-read things to see how the addition of this story shapes my reaction the other stories. How does it fit with Endsong? Does the characterization of the Cuckoos in current continuity match this? Mostly it illustrates one of my main frustrations with the X-Men comics - a storyline is done with some loose ends left over and all those loose ends are then dropped once the writer moves ...more
AGamarra
Aug 15, 2015 AGamarra rated it liked it
Shelves: cómics-y-mangas
Es una serie interesante aunque un poco extraña luego de la gran "La última canción del Fénix", resulta difícil qué se quiso demostrar o el argumento que guardaba poca relación con la anterior o por lo menos había muchas diferencias en la expresión del Fénix.
En este caso las propietarias del Fénix van a ser las gemelas Cuckoos de Stepford, las cuales van a alojar el poder del Fénix entre las tres, cosa que servirá en adelante para explicar por qué su corazón se vuelve de diamante.
Así mismo la pa
Kelly
Aug 07, 2010 Kelly rated it it was ok
oh gosh.

not having a solid grasp of what "the phoenix" is outside of "some version of jean grey that isn't always her" and not really understanding who the cukoos were (outside of the Astonishing run), made this poorly written, poorly drawn book even more convoluted and confusing.

more work was put into the variant covers than anything else. was it really anything more than an excuse to draw teenage triplets in various outfits?
J.
Apr 30, 2011 J. rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very strange, but overall okay. I think "Cuckoo Warsong" would have been a much more appropriate title.

Second reading, Apr 2014. I liked this volume a little better this time. It certainly fills in a lot of holes that were left from past plotlines. But it's almost all action, and very little substance. And there's just no getting past the Top Cow art.
Shannon Appelcline
Aug 11, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
I adore having not just an origin for the Cuckoos but also a pretty interesting one. The whole Phoenix bit, on the other other hand, is murky and not the most interesting part of the story. At least it seems to have some repercussions in the end (though they've been largely thrown out as other writers decided to use the Phoenix YET AGAIN).
Fraser Sherman
Oct 28, 2015 Fraser Sherman rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Hate the art, didn't much care for the story (I've loved Pak elswhere but not on this) which reveals the mutant "Stepford Cuckoos" are actually nanotech creations designed to take over the Phoenix Force for a mutie-hating bad guy. Uninspiring, uninteresting story, and did I mention the art was awful?
Karl Kindt
Feb 07, 2009 Karl Kindt rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2009
This terrible "story" does not even have decent art to save it. Just awful.
Giuseppe D
Apr 12, 2013 Giuseppe D rated it it was amazing
Emma Frost �� la migliore!!!
Flora
Sep 03, 2016 Flora rated it liked it
Shelves: digital, comics
3, 5
Lord
May 26, 2011 Lord rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Nice art an interesting story. As a continuation of Endsong, there are some really mind-blowing revelations in this book and overall I'm very satisfied with this purchase.
Aroaspirin
Dec 07, 2014 Aroaspirin rated it liked it
Por fin completo la historia de las cucos. No es un cómic de 5 estrellas pero es un digno final. Y todo lo que sea Frost y Kitty es bienvenido.
Scott
Jan 01, 2014 Scott rated it liked it
Not the worst X book you'll read all year...
Ben
Apr 17, 2013 Ben rated it it was ok
Had a bit of a story and what felt like some form of purpose. More than Endsong at least.
Jason
Jul 10, 2009 Jason rated it it was ok
Melodramatic and overcomplicated
James
Jan 04, 2014 James rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Companion to Phoenix: Endsong, this time centered around the Stepford Cuckoos. Great art, good story.
Christopher
Sep 01, 2014 Christopher rated it liked it
Interesting back story on the Cuckoo sisters. Worth reading. Art was so-so.
Enrique Peral
Aug 19, 2015 Enrique Peral rated it it was ok
Phoenix Warsong
Christopher Dodds
Mar 12, 2013 Christopher Dodds rated it it was amazing
it was a great follow on from Endsong and I really like the continuation of the story. I know that a lot of like the Scott/Jean pairing but to tell the truth I prefer him with Emma Frost.
Stephen Snyder
One of the Greatest Phoenix stories that I've ever read! Not only is this a Must Read, it is also a Must Have for any Phoenix and or X-Men fan.
Matthew Ledrew
Feb 26, 2016 Matthew Ledrew rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics, x-men, un-reviewed
Not the worst, but darn close.
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Lars
Lars rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Lawrence Burgess
Lawrence Burgess rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2012
Sam
Sam rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2012
Otakuwes
Otakuwes rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Steve Durrett
Steve Durrett rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Jamall
Jamall rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2013
  • Uncanny X-Men: The Extremists
  • X-Men: Phoenix Rising
  • Uncanny X-Men By Kieron Gillen, Volume 1
  • X-Men: Emperor Vulcan
Greg Pak is an award-winning Korean American comic book writer and filmmaker currently writing “Totally Awesome Hulk" and "Weapon X" for Marvel Comics, "Big Trouble in Little China/Escape from New York" for BOOM!, and "Kingsway West" for Dark Horse. Pak wrote the "Princess Who Saved Herself" children's book and the “Code Monkey Save World” graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton and c ...more
More about Greg Pak...

Phoenix: Endsong/Warsong (2 books)
  • X-Men: Phoenix - Endsong