Start by marking “The Accidental Princess (Accidental, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Accidental Princess (Accidental, #3)

The Accidental Princess (Accidental #3)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  354 ratings  ·  43 reviews
FROM DUTIFUL DEBUTANTE

Lieutenant Michael Thorpe is a forbidden temptation for Lady Hannah Chesterfield. Etiquette demands Hannah ignore the shivers of desire his wicked gaze provokes, but he's the only man to recognize her restless spirit, and her unawakened body is clamoring for his touch ...

TO PASSIONATE PRINCESS!

Thrown together by scandal, a defiant Hannah joins Michael
Paperback, Harlequin Historical #985, 280 pages
Published March 1st 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Accidental Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accidental Princess

Heather Wiese
It's not a bad Regency Romance, it just didn't really catch my attention, and it was a bit convoluted.

Hannah is the daughter of a Marquee and expected to make a very advantageous match. At a ball she is kidnapped by a Baron (presumably so he could take her off and ravish her forcing her into marriage, but that really wasn't explained, although he did admit to wanting to marry "up"). Hannah is saved by Lieutenant Michael Thorpe, an officer in the Royal Army. He is away from war healing from a wou
Helmisade
This author thinks I'm stupid. She keeps explaining everything very clearly and then repeating those explanations on every other page. Many thoughts and feelings of the characters were obvious from the dialogue (or could have been made clear with better dialogue), but the author still insists on describing them over and over again. By page 10 I knew that the hero didn't think he was worhy of the heroine, but I had to read an analysis of this fact even around page 250. This combined with some hil ...more
Cecilia
Story of brothers switched (at age of three) might have been more enjoyable if characters felt more authentic. Heroine in particular was problematic for me, veering wildly from 'priggish and obedient' to 'uninhibited and no slave to convention' (willing to be a mistress, because then hero might eventually want to marry her - gag) and back again, finally settling on resisting all advice, apparently so that she can wear whatever garish clothes she wants. Almost didn't finish, because the fates of ...more
Eye-shuh
I really liked this one! It was clear through the whole book that Michael only wanted to do what was best for Hannah no matter what it was that he wanted for himself. He let her make all the important decisions which was especially wonderful given how she'd grown up under everyone else's thumb. The story had fantastic pacing and the romance/love felt genuine. This series has turned out to be really great so far. I believe this is the second book of it, though each book stands on it's own.
Andrea
I give this book three out five stars for being an entertaining read with appealing protagonists.
What I liked about the book:
1) The main characters were well defined and endearing. Hannah was a woman learning how to run her own life, and Michael was a strong-minded officer. They were a lovely match each bringing out the best in the other.
2) I liked the whole Changeling Prince part of the story; it added nice conflict and some fun action and suspenseful moments.
3) My favorite bodice ripper moment
78sunny
Ich bin bisher sehr verwöhnt worden von der Autorin. Ihre Secrets in Silk Reihe gehört zu meinen absoluten Lieblingen in diesem Genre. Leider konnte mich dieser Roman nicht so begeistern.

Die Handlung war an sich für einen historischen Liebesroman interessant, aber nichts besonderes. Hier spielen historische Einzelheiten weniger eine Rolle als der historische Flair und die Liebesgeschichte an sich. Das finde ich grundsätzlich aber gut bei Liebesromanen. Michaels Vergangenheit ist von Anfang an e
Shannon Renee
I really liked this book. I didn't think I would. It was a light read, but well written, with engaging characters. While the circumstances got a bit absurd, the characters didn't. I would not stop reading this book until I was finished.
Amanda
I really doesn't take much to impress those of us who undeniably love reading Harelquin especially the historical romances.... however, I would think that a better story could be told out of the plot given in this book.... The writing was so repetitive, that I imagined the editor just fell asleep and approved everything.... Beyond all the repeating of.... well... everything, the characters had no depth, no "realness" to them at all. I really think this story had a potential to be a really great ...more
Janice Liedl
If you like over-the-top romances, heavy on the improbable dilemmas and villains who do everything short of twirling their moustaches as they bedevil the romantic leads, this book's for you.

Sadly, I found myself more irked at the wildly uneven characterization and implausible obstacles than truly engaged in Michael's and Hannah's relationship. That said, Michael's an appealing hero with a boatload of angst and a rising tide of mystery on which it will float throughout the book. The book begins i
Barbara
An enjoyable historical romance with well fleshed out characters and not only romance, but intrigue and danger in the story as well. Military officer Michael Thorpe is drawn to Lady Hannah but knows she’s far above his reach. Lady Hannah knows what is expected of her, to make an advantageous match with someone of wealth and rank, neither of which the lowly Lieutenant has, even though she feels an undeniable attraction to him. After the ambassador of a small European country approaches him with o ...more
Andrea
So there are these parents. And they want there little girl to marry a rich nobleman. But they are okay with her refusing offers. Until that is, of course, they aren't. And then the force their beloved daughter to accept the proposal of this guy who knocks her out, kidnaps her, and tried to force her to marry him. Oh and get ticked off at the guy - to low class soldier - who rescues her. Oh and who by the way turns out to be a prince. Right....
Steph N
Ok I had a semi-legitimate excuse to read the other book in this series, but I had no excuse here. I chose to read this even when I had other books lined up and downloaded from my local library.

In my DEFENSE, this book involved a character from the last so it was only natural I wanted to see his love story too, right? RIGHT?!

I am ashamed.
Kristy
The thing that annoyed me in this book was Hannah's behavior. I really don't think she wold have let Michael take her so freely. She was from a very strict family, where rules were very important, and I realize that she felt constricted. BUT, I just don't think she would have let herself be seduced so easily. I think it would of had to take a lot more coaxing, for her to relax enough to actually go through with it. I also don't like how all these romance books seem to be based purely on lust. Th ...more
Victoria
I've been in a romance novel mood so I borrowed this one from the library. It was an enjoyable read, despite a sometimes laughable plot.

There was a good idea for a book in here, somewhere, but it was never really executed. That said, I did enjoy the book enough for a three star review because a) The two characters had good chemistry, b) the female lead was pretty awesome in her own right, and c) the sex scenes were pretty well written (better than the rest of the book, at least).

Basically, this
Sjhelzlsouer
Total cheese fest. No idea how I came across this gem, but it had pretty much every trope possible in it. Then I find out it's the third of four, which is crazy.
Kathleen
Listen...this author is amazing. This is not one of her better books. It is a little sweet but well written. If you like really romanticized stories with a sweet heroin and a big hunking sexy guy and a little hot sex thrown in, you will like this. It is a light read. Great for a summer day in the swing. I see this book as more for the early 20's kind of girl that is sick of the nastiness of this world. If you want to read something with more depth, read her MacEgan series. She is so inventive wi ...more
Nicky
I liked this book. Even though both lead characters annoyed me after awhile with their constant reasons why they can't be together, I rooted for them anyway. It was actually kind of sweet to watch them fall in love but be constantly reminded of the rules of society and why they couldn't be together. And it was an interesting twist for Hannah to realize how much she loved and wanted to be with Michael but refused him because of his Crown instead of being happy that he was finally considered a "su ...more
Gevera Bert
completely predictable
Veronica
Much better than "Countess"

I liked this book much better than The Accidental Countess. The plot was better conceived, the characters were better formed. On to the next one.
Asuka0278
I really liked this book. It's in my "guilty pleasures" shelf for a reason. It was an easy entertaining read and I really liked the heroine. The plot with Michael was actually really interesting and I found myself trying to figure out the mystery from the beginning about who he really was. Sometimes with romance mystery plots I get easily bored. This one kept my attention. If you're looking for an easy yet entertaining romance novel this one was pretty good.
Jeannie Lin
An enjoyable read. I felt the story really takes off once the hero and heroine hit the road and they start exploring Michael's past. The initial resistance on both sides despite their attraction is perfect for the Victorian period and the story blossoms into a heated romance by the end.
Amber
This book kept me company during a night of insomnia, so for that I'm grateful. It wasn't too bad of a story, but I would have appreciated more development of the romance. It was a nice easy read, not too boring and not too involved. Utter brain cotton candy.
Kathi Sharp
Ick. Couldn't even get through the first chapter. Skimmed through a few chapters later in the book hoping it would get better but it didn't. Tired, cliché-ridden, uninspired. Juvenile writing.
Tini Hansen
I liked the book overall. I felt like the emotions and characterizations were a little light though. Stories and feeling should have felt deeper. I liked the idea of the book though.
Victoria Blacke
You might think that the plot requires leaps of faith that test the bounds of even a romance novel but the twists and turns and happily ever after are believable. A fun sweet read!
Megan
Enjoyable little romance with thin plot and made up history. It was exactly what I needed this week. Decent beach or stress read, not worth reading for anything else. 2.5 stars
Amber
This book was actually not that bad, just very predictable. It was very heavy on the romance and "oh I don't know if they love me" and "do I love them?" 3.5 stars.
Bri
I loved this book! Thrilling and mystery all wrapped in with some very steamy scenes of passion. A quick and lovely read!
Tess
Aug 13, 2012 Tess marked it as couldn-t-finish
I just couldn't finish this one. I found the characters unbelievable, the situation contrived, and the romance forced.
  • To Catch a Rogue
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • The Gamekeeper's Lady (Rakes in Disgrace, #1)
  • How to Disgrace a Lady
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Historical)
  • In the Master's Bed
  • The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
  • The Bride Raffle
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
Rita® Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: www.michellewillingham.com or interact with her on Facebook at ...more
More about Michelle Willingham...
Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1) Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2) Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3) The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2) Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6)