Start by marking “The Amazon's Curse (Atlantis, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Amazon's Curse (Atlantis, #5)
Preview

The Amazon's Curse (Atlantis #5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  4,494 ratings  ·  132 reviews
Don't miss this brand-new, eBook exclusive tale of Atlantis, Gena Showalter's mythical world of immortals, magic and dark seduction!

Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published January 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Amazon's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazon's Curse

Karen
This was the wrap-up to the storyline that was set up in The Vampire's Bride. Technically there were three vampires permanently mated, two males and one female, so perhaps The Vampire Brides (plural) would have been more accurate.

Some people you just can't please... I love the short final story of this series and have no problem with it being shorter than the others. GS answered all the questions I mentally posed. She wrapped it up all pretty. She delivered it with aplomb.

Do I believe men reall
Kelly
While I'm not saying that I disliked this story and how it wrapped up the overall arc, I do think that both Zane and Nola would have benefited from a longer book. Nola's past alone deserved more screen time than it was given. Not to mention that I wanted to see the progression of Zane's healing.

Heck, I just liked those two bloodthirsty warriors and wanted to see them work their way out of the chains the past held them in.

I loved seeing how Layel and Delilah have been doing in the months since th
Carmen
Jul 07, 2014 Carmen rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Shelves: fiction, romance
Ummmmm .... No.

Am I the only one who remembers that Zane raped Nola in the last book?!!?!!? And now I'm supposed to believe that they are happy and together and in love and sexy because .... they were both sex slaves in the past!? And they can heal each other, or some crap like that?!?!?

This is the end of Atlantis series, a series that started off as actually enjoyable but has deteriorated greatly since then.

P.S. Also, the Amazons are HORRIBLE people. Abusive to children in order to "toughen the
Akina
I can't believe I'm giving this book 3 stars. Normally I would give this book a 1 star rating. It has a ton of elements that I loathe:
- way, way to short. It's only about 50 pages long
- the story starts in the middle. The main characters have already met, had some sort of relationship that is never fully explained, and have fallen in love with each other but neither is aware of each other's love.
-both characters have special powers that they are unable to use throughout the story. Why tell us t
Dee
Review haiku:
Another vampire
Wants another Amazon.
I just didn't care.
Amy
Jan 03, 2015 Amy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf, rape
This was bad. How bad, you ask? Well, It was only 40 something pages and I couldn't finish it.

Story:
Centaurs and dragons and male sirens, oh my!
It's mating season for the Amazons and they all fight to rape (because let's be honest here, forcing enslaved men to have sex with and impregnate you is rape) supernatural men they've entrapped just for the joyous occasion.

We're introduced to the heroine of the story, Nola. Or Nora. I can't remember. She's an Amazon who was cursed with invisibility who
Leah
Lynsey
Ah, what a great ending to a great series. Short but very sweet and romantic.

Zane; a Vampire warrior, and Nola; an Amazon warrior met in the last book The Vampires Bride. They both have troubled pasts resulting in them having issues with touching and being touched by others. The attraction was mutual, but circumstances in the last book caused Nola to act in fear and reject poor Zane. However, not before they had a naughty little rendevous involving Zane invading Nola's dreams...anyway, I could n
Shawna
4 stars – Paranormal Romance

I read this short story in the Into the Dark anthology and really enjoyed it, especially considering that I hadn't read any of the other Atlantis books. It's a very sweet romance of two people from warring tribes, one vampire and the other Amazon, who have been abused in the past finding trust and love in each other. It definitely piqued my interest in reading more of the Atlantis series.
Merve  Özcan
Zane ve Nora'nın Vampire's Bride de yarım kalmış hikayesini bize anlatıyor. Önceki kitapta bu iki kişinin aşk hikayesi yarım kalmıştı, Nora Amazon kampında görünmez olarak hapis olmuş ve savaşçı vampirimiz Zane ise orada çifleşme sezonu için seçime tabi tutuluyordu.

hikaye gayet kısaydı, Nora ne zaman Zane ile ilgili hislerini açıklarsa laneti kalkıyor. Sonunda bunlar mutlu mesut kampı Layeln yardımıyla terkediyorlar. Gena'nın her kitabının ayrı bir yeri var, gerçekten harika bir yazar. Herkesin
Verity
Ho-hum. Sweet like cotton candy but corny. Nothing memorable 'bout it.

E-Harlequin synopsis :

Zane, a fierce vampire warrior, has been enslaved by the Amazons. Nola, a lovely Amazon soldier, has been cursed with invisibility. Now, these two stubborn enemies must overcome the pasts that haunt them and embrace a love that can set them free...

Patricia BookExhibitionism
This was actually quite lovely compared to other stories as short as this one written by Gena Showalter.

When the hero asked the heroine if she had ever experienced such a thing and she said no and if he had.. I liked that part. It was a little weird, but his "a long, long time ago" blahblah. I have no idea, they were cute.

I suppose they were introduced or at least mentioned in the 4th novel - the one I haven't read yet. So, I'll make sure to do so asap. : )
SheLove2Read
Basically this is just a continuation of The Vampire's Bride and you really need to have read it to understand what's going on in this short story. Around 37 pages (on my Nook) and I'm glad I picked this up as a freebie. Definitely would not be worth paying for.
2 stars/C-
Ronda  Tutt
Excellent Read - this short story is definitely a very sweet romance and it is also in the Into the Dark trilogy. Putting abused past lives aside, vampires and Amazon Warriors can find some happiness and work together. Perfect story and I just wanted to know more in the end.
Robyn
I was on medication at the time of reading this so I'm not sure how accurate my rate would be. I didn't realize it was so short until I fell asleep for the twentieth time with only a few pages left. I think it was a good novella explaining what happened with Nola and Zane. That was what I wanted to know at the end of the previous book. I still have some unanswered questions about the alliances now that Layel doesn't hold a grudge against the dragons. But I haven't checked to see if this series i ...more
Stephen M
I'm scared.
Debbie
Cursed by the Gods to not be seen, heard, felt or leave the village area left Nola nothing to do but follow along as her sisters-by-race had their mating battles. Watching Zane, a vampire she knew that had a been a enslaved before, left her feeling that everything was wrong not just because he stirred emotions in her that she had never had before. Even with the curse she knew she had to find a way to save him from the binding holding him here. Unknowing that Nola watched, Zane could only dream o ...more
Sarah Marie
The Amazon's Curse by Gena Showalter

Fifth in the Atlantis series

Zane is a fierce vampire warrior enslaved by the Amazons after losing the Gods games in The Vampire's Bride. Nola is an Amazon warrior that has been cursed with invisibility after losing the same treacherous games. Now these enemies are finally coming together to break free of the curses that have befallen them. Well I wanted to read this novella immediately after finishing the Atlantis series, but I didn’t have an e-reader

Vicky K.
I've been on a bit of a novella, short story or inde author kick lately. (Mostly because if I'm going to pay $7-10 for the amazon list prize for a computer file--I really, really need to love the author. Don't get me wrong--I love my kindle christmas present...but ouch!

Anyways, this story started out with another interesting concept. I normally don't like vampires, but surprisingly I liked Zane. Nola was okay--I didn't love her, but that might have been because this shortstory didn't allow for
Ashlie
I hope that Gena did not try to sell this. I'm not gonna lie I was disapointed with this story. I really liked Zane and Nola in the previous book and wanted to know MORE about their past and see more of a build up to their reunion. There was no explaination of Nola accepting her feelings for Zane. It just said four months have pasts and now she loves him. WTF! How did someone so damaged learn to let go of the pain from her past and fall in love with a man she hasn't even interacted with?? Also h ...more
Kathy
Pam
This was not too bad. It was a short story that did not delve real deep into pain yet there was some disturbing pain on both the hero and heroine it was not too vivid so i could handle it. This was not too dark more sexual
Intensity. Had it been a full Length novel i probably would not have enjoyed it. Nocturne and paranormal the same it seems?
Taria Reed
This was a cute finish to the series. I do wonder what happened to a few other characters but i'm happy everyone for the most part got their happily ever after. I wanted a bit more meat for Zane & Nola's story but still for the quick novella it was an ok finish.

Story - 2.5
narrator 3
Tammy
The last book in the series is a 40 page novella? Not cool. There was absolutely no effort put into this one. It could have easily been added to the epilogue of the previous book instead of creating this drivel.
Rae
I liked hearing how things turned out between Zane and Nola, but the book felt so short that I was shocked that it came to an end so quickly. I enjoyed the fantasy land that the author built around this whole series.
Hayden
GOODREADS EXCLUSIVE REVIEW

Do I really need to say more after my review of The Darkest Fire?

Well, I guess I will.
Just to get it out there, The Amazon's Curse is a minor, minor improvement from The Darkest Fire, but it's still got the same formulaic i-wanna-bone-the-crap-out-of-you-and-will-stop-at-nothing-until-i-do plot that all other Showalter and Sherrilyn Kenyon books do. I'm sure some people find it sweet, but me, I just find it gag-worthy.
But, then again, I've never been crazy abou
Leticia
too short, but I doubt it could have been better. of course it is supposed to be far fetched, but everything has to be either forgotten or explAined. this was surreal.
Sheri Johnson
Nora and Zane love

excellent way to tell Nora's and Zane's love story. I like how they overcame the curse and found each other.
Elenariel
May 28, 2011 Elenariel added it
Shelves: atlantis
Ma... Ma... E' una presa in giro?! Mi aspettavo un intero libro, combattimenti, viaggi alla ricerca di una precoce soluzione contro la maledizione di Nola - che comunque Hestia aveva acconsentito a sciogliere - un percorso progressivo di avvicinamento fra i due protagonisti presentati nel libro precedente, affiancati dalle storie di altri personaggi, scoprire che fino hanno fatto quelli "rapiti" dagli dei, come si sarebbe approcciato il redivivo Layel agli odiati draghi e invece... Poche misere ...more
Gena Showalter Fans: The Amazon's Curse (Atlantis #5) 2 14 Jul 23, 2012 01:36PM
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows, #3)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #4)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Darkness Divine
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica, #5.7)
  • Master of Dragons (Mageverse, #5)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • Embrace The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #2)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Atlantis (5 books)
  • Heart of the Dragon (Atlantis, #1)
  • Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)
  • The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3)
  • The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis #4)
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)