Start by marking “The Amazon's Curse (Atlantis, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
The Amazon's Curse (Atlantis, #4.5)

The Amazon's Curse (Atlantis #4.5)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  5,206 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
Don't miss this brand-new, eBook exclusive tale of Atlantis, Gena Showalter's mythical world of immortals, magic and dark seduction!Zane, a fierce vampire warrior, has been enslaved by the Amazons. Nola, a lovely Amazon soldier, has been cursed with invisibility. Now, these two stubborn enemies must overcome the pasts that haunt them and embrace a love that can set them fr ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published January 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Amazon's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazon's Curse

Karen
Jun 01, 2010 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
This was the wrap-up to the storyline that was set up in The Vampire's Bride. Technically there were three vampires permanently mated, two males and one female, so perhaps The Vampire Brides (plural) would have been more accurate.

Some people you just can't please... I love the short final story of this series and have no problem with it being shorter than the others. GS answered all the questions I mentally posed. She wrapped it up all pretty. She delivered it with aplomb.

Do I believe men reall
Carmen
Jul 07, 2014 Carmen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Ummmmm .... No.

Am I the only one who remembers that Zane raped Nola in the last book?!!?!!? And now I'm supposed to believe that they are happy and together and in love and sexy because .... they were both sex slaves in the past!? And they can heal each other, or some crap like that?!?!?

This is the end of Atlantis series, a series that started off as actually enjoyable but has deteriorated greatly since then.

P.S. Also, the Amazons are HORRIBLE people. Abusive to children in order to "toughen the
Kelly
Nov 30, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
While I'm not saying that I disliked this story and how it wrapped up the overall arc, I do think that both Zane and Nola would have benefited from a longer book. Nola's past alone deserved more screen time than it was given. Not to mention that I wanted to see the progression of Zane's healing.

Heck, I just liked those two bloodthirsty warriors and wanted to see them work their way out of the chains the past held them in.

I loved seeing how Layel and Delilah have been doing in the months since th
Jasmin
Too short for my liking, but still insanely good. This for sure is a classic Gena Showalter, with the steam and all that jazz. It would have been better if this was a full on novel rather than a novella.
Dee
Shelves: 5-stars, m-f
Amy
Jan 24, 2014 Amy rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, rape
This was bad. How bad, you ask? Well, It was only 40 something pages and I couldn't finish it.

Story:
Centaurs and dragons and male sirens, oh my!
It's mating season for the Amazons and they all fight to rape (because let's be honest here, forcing enslaved men to have sex with and impregnate you is rape) supernatural men they've entrapped just for the joyous occasion.

We're introduced to the heroine of the story, Nola. Or Nora. I can't remember. She's an Amazon who was cursed with invisibility who
Akina
Mar 09, 2015 Akina rated it liked it
I can't believe I'm giving this book 3 stars. Normally I would give this book a 1 star rating. It has a ton of elements that I loathe:
- way, way to short. It's only about 50 pages long
- the story starts in the middle. The main characters have already met, had some sort of relationship that is never fully explained, and have fallen in love with each other but neither is aware of each other's love.
-both characters have special powers that they are unable to use throughout the story. Why tell us t
Lynsey
Dec 28, 2010 Lynsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-fantasy
Ah, what a great ending to a great series. Short but very sweet and romantic.

Zane; a Vampire warrior, and Nola; an Amazon warrior met in the last book The Vampires Bride. They both have troubled pasts resulting in them having issues with touching and being touched by others. The attraction was mutual, but circumstances in the last book caused Nola to act in fear and reject poor Zane. However, not before they had a naughty little rendevous involving Zane invading Nola's dreams...anyway, I could n
Shawna
4 stars – Paranormal Romance

I read this short story in the Into the Dark anthology and really enjoyed it, especially considering that I hadn't read any of the other Atlantis books. It's a very sweet romance of two people from warring tribes, one vampire and the other Amazon, who have been abused in the past finding trust and love in each other. It definitely piqued my interest in reading more of the Atlantis series.
Merve Özcan
Aug 03, 2011 Merve Özcan rated it liked it
Shelves: dragon, romance, mythology
Zane ve Nora'nın Vampire's Bride de yarım kalmış hikayesini bize anlatıyor. Önceki kitapta bu iki kişinin aşk hikayesi yarım kalmıştı, Nora Amazon kampında görünmez olarak hapis olmuş ve savaşçı vampirimiz Zane ise orada çifleşme sezonu için seçime tabi tutuluyordu.

hikaye gayet kısaydı, Nora ne zaman Zane ile ilgili hislerini açıklarsa laneti kalkıyor. Sonunda bunlar mutlu mesut kampı Layeln yardımıyla terkediyorlar. Gena'nın her kitabının ayrı bir yeri var, gerçekten harika bir yazar. Herkesin
Patricia
This was actually quite lovely compared to other stories as short as this one written by Gena Showalter.

When the hero asked the heroine if she had ever experienced such a thing and she said no and if he had.. I liked that part. It was a little weird, but his "a long, long time ago" blahblah. I have no idea, they were cute.

I suppose they were introduced or at least mentioned in the 4th novel - the one I haven't read yet. So, I'll make sure to do so asap. : )
Verity
Mar 07, 2009 Verity rated it it was ok
Shelves: showalter-gena
Ho-hum. Sweet like cotton candy but corny. Nothing memorable 'bout it.

E-Harlequin synopsis :

Zane, a fierce vampire warrior, has been enslaved by the Amazons. Nola, a lovely Amazon soldier, has been cursed with invisibility. Now, these two stubborn enemies must overcome the pasts that haunt them and embrace a love that can set them free...

SheLove2Read
May 16, 2012 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Basically this is just a continuation of The Vampire's Bride and you really need to have read it to understand what's going on in this short story. Around 37 pages (on my Nook) and I'm glad I picked this up as a freebie. Definitely would not be worth paying for.
2 stars/C-
Ronda  Tutt
Excellent Read - this short story is definitely a very sweet romance and it is also in the Into the Dark trilogy. Putting abused past lives aside, vampires and Amazon Warriors can find some happiness and work together. Perfect story and I just wanted to know more in the end.
Stephen M
I'm scared.
Lois Alston
Cute ending

Good ending to the story. They finally realize what they needed to do to end the God's curse. They say love solves all, but the truth will set you free.
Meret Punk
Mar 06, 2017 Meret Punk rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
3.5 stars (:
First of all, I wanted more.. This is too short.. I also felt like this book could have been so much more :(
I enjoyed this book, but not as much as I was hoping for..
I love Zane tho❤
Sarah Marie
The Amazon's Curse by Gena Showalter

Fifth in the Atlantis series

4 stars

Zane is a fierce vampire warrior enslaved by the Amazons after losing the Gods games in The Vampire's Bride. Nola is an Amazon warrior that has been cursed with invisibility after losing the same treacherous games. Now these enemies are finally coming together to break free of the curses that have befallen them. Well I wanted to read this novella immediately after finishing the Atlantis series, but I didn’t have an e-reader u

Kathy
Novita Vizzy
Jun 19, 2016 Novita Vizzy rated it liked it
Sama-sama mempunyai masa lalu yang kelam, baik Zane maupun Nola pernah menjadi budak seksual di masa lampau. Merasa tak pantas, tak layak untuk bersanding karena masa lalu itu menjadi penghambat utama bagi Zane. Sangat utama hingga Zane sendiri merasa kecil jika ingin memperjuangkan Nola--wanita tercintanya dari klan Amazon yang dikutuk menjadi tak kasat mata. Aku melihat sisi Zane dan Nola dengan porsi yang sama karena ternyata mendekati akhir cerita baru dijelaskan bahwa mereka berdua mempunya ...more
Debbie
Jan 12, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
Cursed by the Gods to not be seen, heard, felt or leave the village area left Nola nothing to do but follow along as her sisters-by-race had their mating battles. Watching Zane, a vampire she knew that had a been a enslaved before, left her feeling that everything was wrong not just because he stirred emotions in her that she had never had before. Even with the curse she knew she had to find a way to save him from the binding holding him here. Unknowing that Nola watched, Zane could only dream o ...more
Ashlie
Sep 01, 2013 Ashlie rated it liked it
I hope that Gena did not try to sell this. I'm not gonna lie I was disapointed with this story. I really liked Zane and Nola in the previous book and wanted to know MORE about their past and see more of a build up to their reunion. There was no explaination of Nola accepting her feelings for Zane. It just said four months have pasts and now she loves him. WTF! How did someone so damaged learn to let go of the pain from her past and fall in love with a man she hasn't even interacted with?? Also h ...more
Vicky K.
Jan 09, 2012 Vicky K. rated it did not like it
I've been on a bit of a novella, short story or inde author kick lately. (Mostly because if I'm going to pay $7-10 for the amazon list prize for a computer file--I really, really need to love the author. Don't get me wrong--I love my kindle christmas present...but ouch!

Anyways, this story started out with another interesting concept. I normally don't like vampires, but surprisingly I liked Zane. Nola was okay--I didn't love her, but that might have been because this shortstory didn't allow for
Robyn
Feb 18, 2015 Robyn rated it really liked it
I was on medication at the time of reading this so I'm not sure how accurate my rate would be. I didn't realize it was so short until I fell asleep for the twentieth time with only a few pages left. I think it was a good novella explaining what happened with Nola and Zane. That was what I wanted to know at the end of the previous book. I still have some unanswered questions about the alliances now that Layel doesn't hold a grudge against the dragons. But I haven't checked to see if this series i ...more
Elenariel
May 28, 2011 Elenariel added it
Shelves: atlantis
Ma... Ma... E' una presa in giro?! Mi aspettavo un intero libro, combattimenti, viaggi alla ricerca di una precoce soluzione contro la maledizione di Nola - che comunque Hestia aveva acconsentito a sciogliere - un percorso progressivo di avvicinamento fra i due protagonisti presentati nel libro precedente, affiancati dalle storie di altri personaggi, scoprire che fino hanno fatto quelli "rapiti" dagli dei, come si sarebbe approcciato il redivivo Layel agli odiati draghi e invece... Poche misere ...more
Gabriella
It is a short novella in Gena Showalter's Atlantis series which follows the fourth book, The Vampire's Bride.

In this novella, we see how Nola and Zane are doing after the curses delivered to them after the cruel games of the gods in The Vampire's Bride. Nola, an Amazonian warrioress, is cursed with invisibility; no one can see, hear, or touch her. Zane, a vampire, was made a slave in the Amazons' camp.
Zane is won by one of the warrioresses and Nola does everything she can to try and free Zane.

I
hayden
GOODREADS EXCLUSIVE REVIEW

Do I really need to say more after my review of The Darkest Fire?

Well, I guess I will.
Just to get it out there, The Amazon's Curse is a minor, minor improvement from The Darkest Fire, but it's still got the same formulaic i-wanna-bone-the-crap-out-of-you-and-will-stop-at-nothing-until-i-do plot that all other Showalter and Sherrilyn Kenyon books do. I'm sure some people find it sweet, but me, I just find it gag-worthy.
But, then again, I've never been crazy abou
Diana
After the gods' competition, Amazon Nola has been cursed with invisibility, while vampire Zane has been given to the Amazons as their slave. As mating season begins, Zane and Nola fight to be together.

This was a very short e-book, but sweet also. It didn't seem too incomplete because a lot of the backstory was laid out in The Vampire's Bride--which is definitely a must-read before reading this one. It was more like the last few chapters of that book instead of a separate story.
Ellie  Dynek
I'd never read any of the other books in Gena Showalter's "Atlantis" series, so I was very surprised to find this included in her anthology "Into the Dark". It was unlike anything I'd read before, both in content and writing style. She really pulls you into the mythological world and creates such vivid and realistic characters that you feel like they are standing right next to you. I haven't read any of the other books in the Atlantis series as of yet, but I am definitely going to make yet anoth ...more
Gena Showalter Fans: The Amazon's Curse (Atlantis #5) 2 15 Jul 23, 2012 01:36PM
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows, #3)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Mysteria (Mysteria, #1)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Darkness Divine
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • Hunting Julian (Gatherers, #1)
  • Defeat the Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #6)
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica #5.7)
  • Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #4)
  • Honor Bound
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Atlantis (4 books)
  • Heart of the Dragon (Atlantis, #1)
  • Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)
  • The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3)
  • The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4)