Start by marking “The Everafter War” as Want to Read:
The Everafter War

The Everafter War (The Sisters Grimm #7)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  9,628 ratings  ·  376 reviews
Picking up after the dramatic cliffhanger that ended Book Six, Sabrina and Daphne’s prayers are finally answered when their parents awake from their sleeping spell. But their happy reunion is short-lived, as they are caught in the middle of a war between the Scarlet Hand and Prince Charming’s Everafter army. As the family works to help the prince’s ragtag group of rebels
Published March 1st 2010 by Amulet Books (first published 2009)

Caroline
Lia
This was an amazing book I could not put down ,literally, I read this book in one sitting. It had everything I wanted in it and all the characters I love!
Through out the book it seems the end is near. The wars are on and everafters are going to the scarlet hand. But, who is the Master and why is he doing this? Will Sabrina and Daphane's parents wake? In this book that and more is revealed! It is definently worth reading.
Justyn Rampa
Overall, I really really loved this book.

It had danger, consequences, huge reveals, and character development.

I needed to know what was going to happen and I was satisfied with the results although I saw most of them coming but not overtly obvious. There was one major plot point that I completely missed and was shocked to discover. Things just got real, y'all.

There was one scene in the book which threatened to knock at least a half star off but enough space came between that section and the end
Lauren
It's no secret that I have been a huge fan of this series ever since it came out a couple of years ago, but I must say that this new one is my favorite (except maybe for the first one). There is so much action. Plus, a few good surprises to keep you on your toes. And you will never believe who The Master is. If you like fairy tales, you MUST check out this series.
Lynn
My kids and I are probably a little demented but we LOVE this series and laugh at all the awkward moments between Puck and Sabrina for they are just so much fun. So often my kids and I listen to books that are so serious and young adult, but a little more complex or mature. This is just great for the story is complex yet the humor is appropriate (and even a little immature -- pegausus fed chili dogs and prune juice for a week!) It is a continuation of the Master VS the Grimm Family and in this s ...more
Kimberley
I’ll be the first to admit that I thoroughly enjoy reading books that are, apparently, meant for children. This series, recommended to me by a friend, is no exception. However, while the series is undoubtedly tailored to a younger audience, it would also be a mistake for an older reader to discard it.

The series is, for one, a lot scarier than any other children’s book I’ve read. And there are other themes that are more mature and complex than one would really expect from a children’s book. It’s
Tori Marvin
I'm starting to dread the end of this series. I've gotten so attached to these characters and the stories behind them that it's going to be like loosing a best friend when the series is done. I mean, because I was so interested in Puck and his story, I read A Midsummer's Night Dream and I loved it because I had that other connection to the book. In the 6th book I believe it was King Oberon, Queen Titania, Moth, and one of the other faries from the play were in the Sisters Grimm too. I think it's ...more
Sarah Stevens
I'm pretty much only still reading this series out of sheer perseverance to complete the storyline and find out what happens to everyone. I need my 'happily ever after'. However, Buckley is just stretching it out for all it's worth, probably literally.

Pros: Sabrina finally gets some character development. All she has been up until now is an angry pre-teen. There haven't been any moments of true understanding or growth; little flickers, maybe, that quickly get extinguished by returning to her typ
Elias
In this book, the Antagonist is the Scarlet Hand because they threaten to wipe out the human population. In their way are is the Protagonist which is the Grimm family, and they intend to defeat the Scarlet Hand before they can complete their evil plans. In this part of the series, the Grimms go head to head with the Scarlet Hand. This time the Grimms come with an army, but the Scarlet Hand intends to wipe out the Grimms with their overwhelming numbers.

In this book, the theme of the book is that
Angypants
An open rant:

I could get really detailed in my review, talking about the prose, strengths of writing or not, and the handling or failing to handle subtle plot points.

But why? Just because I think these books are great does not make them so, but to detail everything that is wrong with them would not help anyone's experience. In my opinion, at least.

It's not the best one out of the series, yet, but I'm not giving up hope. Have you ever read something that just takes you to another world? Where y
Stacey
Aug 16, 2009 Stacey rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fairy tale lovers
Recommended to Stacey by: my sister
I read this book months ago. I was eager to to find out who the "Master" was. I was suprized but at the same time it made a lot of sense. Shortly after the story begins we finally see Sabrina's parents wake up. I hate that they don't show the family's reaction to their waking up. Sabrina runs away when she thinks they have failed and doesn't realized it worked until her parents come to her rescue.
We see the parents reactions to what their lives have been while they were asleep. The Everafters h
Alixendra
I know this series is meant for more of a middle school reading level, at least what is considered the average level, but I started to read this for fun and short in the 6th grade and felt obligated to finish it.
I absolutely LOVE how Buckley puts a twist on fairy tails and folklore from all authors. The sisters in this series are descendants to Wilhelm Grimm, one of the Grimm brothers, and have fallen into the family traction as Fairy tail detectives!
I bought these books one after another it wa
Heather
I read this in all hopes and anticipation of this being the last book. I quite enjoyed the beginning of the series, I think the author did a pretty good job at setting up the story, it is very creative, I enjoy the characters, etc... I just feel like dragging this on to more books is now just dragging out the series. I am now just sticking with it because I want to see the happily ever after ending. I was really looking forward to this being the last book, but alas, my hopes were dashed. Better ...more
Lauren
Is this series over yet? What? There are still TWO MORE BOOKS after this one?

I am so over this series. It’s just … this series is the equivalent of silly putty that somehow keeps stretching. It’s not even pretending to be a mystery series anymore, and it’s been a long time since I’ve read a series where I felt that even the author was over his creation (prior to this one, the last one was Sherlock Holmes shortly before ACD killed off the famous detective).

While I liked The Everafter War more tha
Devon Flaherty
Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley, published from 20015-2012 by Amulet Books and illustrated by Peter Ferguson.

The entire award-winning, New York Times Best-selling series:

Tales From the Hood
The Everafter War
The Inside Story
The Council of Mirrors

My nine year old (since she was eight) is in love with these books. She is now reading Harry Potter, has enjoyed the Chronicles of N
Madison T
When I originally started the sisters Grimm series, it was because a friend had recommended them to me.
I thought, ok, so I ordered the first four books from my library, and started to read them.
In book one, it took me quite awhile to get into the book, I just wasn't feeling it at all! My friend had said they were amazing! but, nothing really amazed me at first.
When I got to the middle of the book, something clicked, and I couldn't put the book down! I devoured the rest, and grabbed book two, and
Katie Watkins
This is our favorite book of the series...so far. My kids are really enjoying the time and the story as I read it aloud to them. They hate for me to stop reading because they're dying to know what happens next. "Just one more page, Mom" is something I hear a lot. :)
Charlotte
These books have really grown on me. They tell the story of two sisters who find out the stories told by ancestors, the brothers Grimm, were really about real life "everafter" characters. They are charged with keeping the family legacy alive of keeping these fairy tale creatures out of trouble. My two tweens also love this series and we had to fight over who got to read this recent release first.
Rebecca
i thought this book was going to be the last, thank god its not! this book brings the sisters grimm to a new point and perspective, the girls are now changing and so are there lives, and finally they find what theyve been looking for, but they also find out something they are not very pleased about, leaving them in a sticky situation
Jessica
I have told you all how much I loved book one and the sries as a whole. I just have to say it again now that I have finished the 7th book. So, so, so great! Funny and human characters. I actually laughed out loud reading this book at one of "Puck's" lines. I realized that I had missed him. I count that as a great book.
Britt Watkins
I was under the impression that book 7 would be the last one of this series. Thank you, Michael Buckley, for continuing on! My kids and I just LOVE this series. What a genius Buckley is for using well-known and well-loved stories and characters to fuel his own creativity and storyline. We can't wait for book 8!
Cathy
Cute book for middle readers and their parents -- a bit like "Shrek" with the huge collection of fairy-tale characters (aka Everafters) in one place -- with clever twists that can be appreciated by kids and adults alike (some only by adults, probably). A bit of a mystery about who is the "bad guy." Entertaining.
After finishing this book, I realized I had finally reached a point where the author needs to "hurry up and write the 8th book already." I never thought that fairytale people could have a real war, but this book proves that anything is possible when Pinnochio and a Magic Mirror and many others combine forces!
Roslyn
Maddy is dead yet in the afterlife she can see objects that she had lost in her life. She discovers that she can "touch" these objects and go back to a moment in her life where she lost that item. Maddy discovers that she can change events. But can she ultimately change her death?
Kirsten Murphy
The most recent book in The Sisters Grimm series is filled with action, adventure, drama, suspense, surprises, betrayal... and I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW IT ENDED!!! Now I'm waiting on pins and needles for the next one to hit the shelves. Come on, Michael Buckley, you've got us all hooked!
Michelle
I stumbled upon this book at the local library. I was amazed at how the author integrated so many characters from fairy tales, folk tales and literary classics...simply amazing. Only major downer was the "to-be-continued" ending. I'll definitely check out the entire series in the future.
Zoe
This book The everafter war is a great book!!! It is about these fairytales who tale sides deciding whether to be good or evil. The bad ones are in a group called scarlet hand. The good ones are making a camp that helps them practice! Overall it should be a 10 star book!!
Gabriel
Mar 01, 2011 Gabriel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody that likes the Mystery/Magic genre
This is the epic reveal! In this book, they tell you who The Master is, and they reveal a shocking betrayal. I really like how Jake's love really kicks off with Briar. Too bad their love isn't eternal. I love how the author slowly reveals all troubles. READ IT!
Karen
May 20, 2009 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sam, Regan
Loved the book, but I was surprised at the end. I thought this was going to be the last book in the series. Now we have to wait for the new one to come out. UGH!! I don't want to wait!! Madison doesn't either. Again LOVED Puck! He cracks me up.
Kevin
Another great one from Michael Buckley. Nice mix of action and character development; satire and slapstick but also more serious issues. But the cliffhanger ending and surprise twist means more waiting for the next book in the series ...
Who is Your Favorite Everafter? 3 11 Jul 29, 2014 02:18PM
Who Did You Think The Spy Was? 1 6 Jun 14, 2014 04:09PM
Book Discussions ...: * The Everafter War 1 2 Mar 17, 2013 01:29PM
  • The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #6)
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • Out of the Wild (Into the Wild, #2)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • Mines of the Minotaur (The Companions Quartet, #3)
  • Lost (Magic Thief, #2)
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • Of Giants and Ice
  • The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline (Enola Holmes Mysteries, #5)
  • The Eye Of The Forest (Children Of The Lamp, #5)
  • Gilda Joyce: The Ladies of the Lake (Gilda Joyce, #2)
  • The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle (The League of Princes, #2)
  • The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #2)
New York Times bestselling author Michael Buckley was born in Akron, Ohio. He tried his hand as a stand-up comic and lead singer for a punk rock back before attending Ohio University. After graduating with honors he moved to New York City to be an intern on the Late Show with David Letterman which led to stints developing programming for Discovery Networks, MTV, MTV Animation and Klasky Csupo (pro ...more
More about Michael Buckley...

The Sisters Grimm (9 books)
  • The Fairy-Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, #1)
  • The Unusual Suspects (The Sisters Grimm, #2)
  • The Problem Child (The Sisters Grimm, #3)
  • Once Upon a Crime (The Sisters Grimm, #4)
  • Magic and Other Misdemeanors (The Sisters Grimm, #5)
  • Tales From the Hood (The Sisters Grimm, #6)
  • The Inside Story (The Sisters Grimm, #8)
  • The Council of Mirrors (The Sisters Grimm, #9)
The Fairy-Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, #1) The Unusual Suspects (The Sisters Grimm, #2) Magic and Other Misdemeanors (The Sisters Grimm, #5) The Problem Child (The Sisters Grimm, #3) Tales From the Hood (The Sisters Grimm, #6)

“That's the coolest thing I've ever seen," Puck said.
"How cool will it be when it kills us?" Sabrina asked.
"Considerably less cool," Puck replied.”
101 likes
“You ignorant little rodent! This isn't just an old book. This is the book of Everafter."
"Sorry, I haven't read it. I'm waiting for the movie," Puck said.”
94 likes