Dream Called Time (Stardoc, #10)

Dream Called Time (Stardoc #10)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  26 reviews
From the national bestselling author of the Crystal Healer

The newest book in the thrilling Stardoc series

Dispatched to investigate an unidentified ship that has emerged from a mysterious rift in space, Cherijo discovers technology far more advanced than anything she's ever seen. Before she can unravel the alien ship's mystery, Cherijo's own ship is sucked into the rift...more
Published August 3rd 2010 by Roc (first published 2010)

Alien Species Intervention Books 1-3 by J.K. AccinniBaby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniThe One by J.K. Accinni
UFOs & aliens
43rd out of 160 books — 122 voters
This Changes Everything by Sally EmberCatori's Worlds by Murielle CyrThe Huntress by Michelle O'LearyGames of Command by Linnea SinclairFinders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair
SFR/Sci-fi/Futuristic Romances that are NOT Erotica
187th out of 249 books — 103 voters

More lists with this book...

Cathy
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this book and this series. Overall I liked it, but there were some really major issues that ranged from annoyances to big turn offs.

First, a review of this book: Tons of action, revelations and several major transformations. A real roller-coaster after the very leisurely build up of the 9 previous books. It was a relief to finally get some answers. But it was strange too because so much happened so quickly. Things changed so much so quickly, over and over aga...more
Janis Ian
This is unfortunate, because I loved the Stardoc series -at least, the first few books. And apparently this one was a long time in the making, and a lot of thought went into it. Which may be part of the problem. The first chapter or so read like a heavy-handed editor got in there with too many suggestions. When the protagonist asks "Is that why Reever walked away from me last night?" I got completely confused, because the beginning of the story is the next day. I actually went back and re-read u...more
Bookwormgirl
very mixed about this book. I at times felt like the author hated Cherijo and Reever and just wanted to end the story. I felt like Cherijo loosing all of her memories of her alternate personality wiped out all the growth she did as a character. Feeling over-all just mixed up about this one.
Jessica
Elsi
I didn't realize when I started reading that this book would be the end of the series -- one that I alternately loved and hated, but which I was compelled to return to over and over again. Dr. Cherijo Grey is a manufactured person with unique capabilities including the ability to survive under all circumstances and heal any injury. When her father-creator has her declared to be property and attempts to have her returned to his control, the stage is set for a 10 book romp through space and time.

I...more
Carolyn F.
Okay, now I get why some of the reviewers were disappointed in this book. I had hoped that Duncan would feel an eternal love but (view spoiler)...more
Eva
Unfortunately, the final book in the series was a bit weak and I sometimes had the impression, that the author twisted the plotpoints from the earlier books a bit to accomodate how she wanted this to end.
Also, in the end it felt a bit rushed and also everything is a bit too perfect
Julie
I've loved this series from the start. This is the final book in the series, and as such it answers all the questions about the black crystal that has been plaguing the protagonists since the first or second book. I generally enjoyed this book, although as it got closer to the end, a lot of action was packed into few pages. And I'm still not sure I quite *got* everything (I'll have to go back and reread)

The ending? I won't spoil it, but let's just say I'm torn. I like certain aspects of the endi...more
Dark Ape
As the final book in the StarDoc series, it took me a long time to pick it up and finish the series. As much as I feared, there were times where everything was rushed or packed in such a way that almost nothing made sense. It was hectic... But I finished the book, sometimes reading pages for better understanding of what was going on, and overall I was impressed as I was with the other books. There is conclusion to this book, though I was hopeful for a more drawn out one with details about what h...more
Ruby
Wendy
Overall this was a series that I really enjoyed. Some twists and turns along the way that I did not like, but overall a great read.

This last books was a nice wrap up of the series. Maybe not exactly what I was expecting, but still a nice way to wrap everything up (and possibly leave an opening for a new series?)

I can say that this is an author who will now have my attention with everything that she publishes.
Adara
This book pretty much gave me exactly what I was expecting - easy to read, a storyline interesting enough to distract me from my life, and not to the point where I couldn't put it down if I had to. These kind of books are similar to watching TV for me. Not necessarily a book I'd want to own and read again and again, but definitely worth reading once. Exactly what the library is for.
Deb
Amanda Ryan-Romo
I was not sure I would want to finish this series. I was not confidend that Viehl could wrap things up in a way that was satisfactory to the reader. I heavily debated my purchase, but I was very pleased. It took some telling, but Viehl did wrap things up with Cherijo and Reever in a way that was very satisfying.
Andrew
This one is a tough one to review. I am a huge fan of the series, and the world it is in. The last book of a series should be the best, and this was not. I enjoyed it, but the whole thing felt very rushed.
Heather Prescott
I feel like this book was a hasty way to end the series. like every past logic of the series was thrown out the window as an excuse to bring this ending in. still, I enjoyed the series as a whole
Kendra
Last book in the series, and really enjoyed it! Loved all the twists and turns, though a few bizarre twists made me go "Huh?!". But overall, a fitting, intense end to the series.
Charlene
Excellent conclusion to the series. Kept me hanging right up to the very end, but didn't leave me in suspense. Stardoc fans will not be disappointed with the series resolution!
Melissa
Not my favourite of the series. I was so looking forward to the return of Cherijo, I was never a big fan of Jarn, but I found there was just too much going on.
Carolyn Gill
I missed a number of the star doc books but I was still able to enjoy and follow the story line easily. Good book
Lesli
Ok, great book. Loses a star for it's hokey last line and weird wrap up of the series.
Kathleen
excellent series--ended way too soon-would have loved to read a few more
Marty
OK but too dependent on earlier boooks in the series.
Jennifer Kyrnin
Great ending to a wonderful series.
Jennifer Wofford
FOrgot to mark this as read.
Marcela
I almost cried!
Jen
Sep 12, 2010 Jen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
August 3rd 2010
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
  • The Truth of Valor (Confederation, #5)
  • Migration (Species Imperative, #2)
  • Rebels and Lovers (Dock Five Universe, #4)
  • Undaunted (Kris Longknife, #7)
  • The Key
  • Peacekeeper (Major Ariane Kedros, #1)
  • Close Contact (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • The Outback Stars (The Outback Stars #1)
  • Double Jeopardy (Starfist, #14)
  • Aftermath (Sirantha Jax, #5)
  • Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown #4)
  • Vectors (Star Trek: Double Helix #2)
  • For Those Who Fell (Legion, #6)
Stardoc (Stardoc, #1) Beyond Varallan (Stardoc, #2) Blade Dancer Endurance (Stardoc, #3) Shockball (Stardoc, #4)