Start by marking “Branded by the Sheriff” as Want to Read:
Branded by the Sheriff

Branded by the Sheriff (Texas Paternity #2)

Years ago, Sheriff Beck Tanner had believed the worst about Faith Matthews. Now she was back in their small Texas town, forcing him to question everything he thought he knew about her. And when the killer who'd murdered her family set his sights on Faith--and her innocent baby girl--Beck's protective instincts kicked into high gear.

As dangerous pranks turned into deadly ga
Published January 1st 2009 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published December 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Branded by the Sheriff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Branded by the Sheriff

Leslie
Feb 05, 2017 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 OVERALL

Liked the premise story, but my only complaint I guess was so much was going on, would of loved a prologue.

With that said, Mrs. Fossen delivers a well written and concise story. While it seemed there was a lot going on in the beginning - She did take the time that explain what was happening and why.

It was nice to see how Beck finally believes her, it was early on, even before they made love and he found out more about her in that chapter!

Though these stories may all intermingle wit
Blodeuedd Finland
A short book that I finished quickly so I wouldn't finish all my other books to quick. Short and simple. Feud, woman comes back, peeps are angry, her baby instantly falls for the sheriff who doesn't like the mother. The sheriff instantly loves the kid and feels like her dad *coughs*. And then I figured out something else, so when that was revealed it didn't come as a big surprise.

The heroine was ok I guess, the sheriff too, the bad guy had a few screws loose. And of course at the end there was a
Jodi
May 09, 2010 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-read
The problem for the Intrigue series for me is that they don't have the word count to go deeper into the story. Faith Matthews left her small Texas town 10 years ago with everyone believing the worst of her. She returns as the ADA, hoping to solve her mother and sister's murders while clearing her brother's name. She doesn't count on Beck Tanner. Beck is the Sheriff now and while he believes Faith slept with his brother, it doesn't stop him from protecting her when she is the target of murder att ...more
Sheila
Aug 05, 2014 Sheila rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this book on the subway and decided to take it with me since I figured it would be a light, easy summer read. I read it in an evening. The plot, the characters and the dialogue were all totally predictable...so much so that I found myself giggling at how cliché-ridden it was. If you're looking for an interesting romance, this isn't it. But if you want to check out for a few hours and have a good laugh, it just might fit the bill.

I'll be dropping it off on the subway next time I ride it.
Dani
Jun 19, 2015 Dani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. I enjoyed the bonding moments between the toddler and the sheriff. It allotted some type of relationship to form between them. But I especially loved the mystery in the plot. I liked how so many were accused but the culprit still remained unknown. I liked that Darin was innocent in the end and was in fact protecting his sister. The twist that Faith wasn't the biological mom was shocking but awesome. I also liked the twist that Nicole, who was threatened with death by her husban ...more
Brenda
Feb 07, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harlequin books are usually short books compared to books that I usually read. This was a nice little story, pretty well written mystery, I was able to guess the ending, but had to read to the end to see if I was correct. The author wrapped everything up really well, with a happy ending. A nice little book to read when you want something easy and refreshing simple.
Lynda
Jul 03, 2013 Lynda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Fast paced story about a sheriff who protected a 15 month old baby girl and her mother from a killer. Wrong assumptions, truths revealed, and a killer among trusted people made this book an easy read.
Patty
I really wanted to read a romance and this was all that was in my house. It was fine. I figured out most of the plot long before the sheriff, but I wasn't expecting much. I won't go out of my way to find another book by Fossen at this point in time.
Kristin
May 14, 2012 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A nice short and easy read. The book is from my favorite genre, romantic suspense. Story was well written and thought out, ending was a little rough and predictable but all in all a great read. Suspenseful, loving and just a little bit dirty too.
Jeanette Hornby
A good simple story.
Linda Sophis
interesting
Stephany
Mar 28, 2010 Stephany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers, romance
Don't judge me. I needed something light and fluffy to read, while taking breaks from schoolwork. ;)
Debby
Dec 05, 2015 Debby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how this author keeps me guessing till the end!
Carole
Carole rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Auntie Sherry
Auntie Sherry rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Kristy
Kristy rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Angel Girl 48
Angel Girl 48 rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Virginia Campbell
Virginia Campbell rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2009
Rebyj
Rebyj rated it it was ok
Feb 05, 2009
Roberta Robertson
Roberta Robertson rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Felicia Mackenzie
Felicia Mackenzie rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Suzy
Suzy rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2012
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2011
Wanda Howell-thompson
Wanda Howell-thompson rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2013
Mona
Mona rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2016
Casey
Casey rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Kathy Schoppenhorst
Kathy Schoppenhorst rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Tirtsumann
Tirtsumann rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Finding Her Son (Carder Texas Connections, #1)
  • Gun-Shy Bride
  • Scene of the  Crime: Bridgewater, Texas
  • Up Against the Wall (The Precinct: Vice Squad #1; The Precinct #5)
  • The Spy Who Saved Christmas (SDDU, #10)
  • Snowed in with the Boss (Kenner County Crime Unit, #3)
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • The Secret of Cypriere Bayou (Shivers, #5)
  • Hitched and Hunted  (Cooper, #5)
Thank you for finding me on Goodreads!

Want to know more about me? Well, here it is in a nutshell:

I’m a USA Today bestselling author, and I’ve sold over 100 novels. Yes, 100! Needless to say, I write a lot. I’ve had the honor of receiving the Booksellers' Best Award for romantic suspense, the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, and I was a finalist for the prestigious Rita. My books have been f
More about Delores Fossen...

Texas Paternity (5 books)
  • Security Blanket (Texas Paternity #1)
  • Expecting Trouble (Texas Paternity #3)
  • Secret Delivery (Texas Paternity #4)
  • Christmas Guardian