Start by marking “Mercy Watson: #1-2 [Collection Volume I]” as Want to Read:
Mercy Watson: #1-2 [Collection Volume I]

Mercy Watson: #1-2 [Collection Volume I] (Mercy Watson #1-2)

Mercy Watson to the Rescue
To Mr. & Mrs. Watson, Mercy is not just a pig-she's a porcine wonder. And to the portly and good-natured Mercy, the Watson's are an excellent source of buttered toast, no to mention that buttery-toast feeling she gets when she snuggles in to bed with them. This is not, however so good for the Watsons' bed. BOOM! CRACK! Welcome to the wry and
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published May 23rd 2006 by Books on Tape Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Mercy Watson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercy Watson

Amanda Lee
Oct 25, 2016 Amanda Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute beginning chapter book series. Listened to it in the car with my two year old son. He enjoyed it as well!
Sara Truog
I recommend the Mercy Watson series on a regular basis, but I had never actually read them myself. Recently I was faced with a solo car trip and figured it was time to bite the bullet and figure out exactly what I was recommending... so I went on a binge and listened to five Mercy Watson books in one day. That's a lot of toast, let me tell you. The gist of these books is that Mercy is a pig who lives with the Watsons. She really likes toast "with a great deal of butter on it" and will go to grea ...more
Cathy
Jun 20, 2011 Cathy rated it really liked it
After Mercy the pig snuggles to sleep with the Watsons, all three awaken with the bed teetering on the edge of a big hole in the floor. How in the world could a pig save them? Just the way any pig might!

I have seen my 2nd & 3rd graders enjoy this series, and today my 4 and 7 year olds loved it. They thought it was pretty funny. I thought it was simplistic, but fun. Short chapters makes for a very quick read.
Jen
Aug 27, 2010 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a review for the whole Mercy Watson series. If you're looking to start chapter books with your child, I recommend this series. They chapters are short and there are plenty of colored, amusing illustrations to help keep their interest. It was recommended by a kid's literature librarian, and after the first book, I wasn't entirely sold on it. I think they improve with each book, and my kids, especially the three-year old girl, love them.
These are charming and I'm glad my solo car trip allowed me to finally get to start the series. The reader is good not great. But a beloved house pig (or "porcine wonder" - I cannot stop laughing about that) who likes hot, buttered toast and going for a drive? Sounds like what I want my future house to be like.
Abby Johnson
Oct 12, 2007 Abby Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Mercy Watson is a spunky pig owned by Mr. & Mrs. Watson. She's got a good heart and good intentions, but she is constantly getting into trouble. Luckily, things usually work out before Mr. & Mrs. Watson are even aware anything went wrong. Mercy is Curious George meets Dennis the Menace.

The audio recording was great and perfect family listening for families with small children.
Sheri St.
I was disappointed by this book after having read DiCamillo's "Because of Winn-Dixie." Mercy Watson is a pig who lives with a married couple who like to give her buttered toast. In one story, Mercy helps her owners to safety by (in a round about way) drawing the firemen to her home. In the other story, Mercy takes a ride with her male owner and a neighbor in the owner's car.
Roxanne
Apr 13, 2016 Roxanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such fun to listen to. Ron McLarty really does the voices beautifully, really bringing the characters to life, particularly Eugenia Lincoln and Officer Tomalello (my favorite minor characters). My daughter loves listening to Mercy Watson in the car. Highly recommended.
Ashley
All of the Mercy Watson audio books are great fun, especially for pre-K listeners. I like the illustrations in the books, but I get more bored reading them than listening to them. What will that pig with a love of toast do next?
Jill
Aug 27, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this with Meyer. These stories are very cute, and the narrator does a great job with the character voices, but I definitely missed the pictures.
Heather
Jan 03, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an adorable book! Mr. and Mrs. Watson think Mercy is amazing, a 'porcine wonder'. In these two stories, Mercy saves the day and enjoys lots of buttered toast.
Heather
Dec 20, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Both my son & daughter loved these stories on CD. I think they are great books for beginning chapter books as well. Mercy is a well loved pig.
Tressa
I found The Mercy Watson Collection Volume 1 a bit odd in the beginning, but I came to like the characters and their antics. The stories were amusing.
Erika
Erika rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2014
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2010
Nate
Nate rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2010
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2011
Anahit
Anahit rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Virginie
Virginie rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Johanna Hepworth
Johanna Hepworth rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Linda Litvan
Linda Litvan rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Hilary Furuseth
Hilary Furuseth rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Callie Driscoll
Callie Driscoll rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Lin Ryals
Lin Ryals rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2011
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Amie
Amie rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Carol Adler
Carol Adler rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Summer Camp Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #82)
  • Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy!, #15)
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • Three Tales Of My Father's Dragon - My Father's Dragon, Elmer And The Dragon, The Dragons Of Blueland
  • Beep and Bah
  • Third-Grade Detectives #1-2: The Clue of the Left-Handed Envelope & The Puzzle of the Pretty Pink Handkerchief
  • On The Road
  • Only Emma
  • Cara the Camp Fairy (Little Apple)
  • Andrew Lost On the Dog (Andrew Lost #1)
  • Legend of the Worst Boy in the World
  • Lost in the Snow
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Writing Thank-you Notes
  • Gooney the Fabulous (Gooney Bird Greene)
  • Thea Stilton and the Great Tulip Heist (Thea Stilton #18)
  • A Perfect Time for Pandas (Magic Tree House, #48)
Kate DiCamillo, the newly named National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature for 2014–2015, says about stories, “When we read together, we connect. Together, we see the world. Together, we see one another.” Born in Philadelphia, the author lives in Minneapolis, where she faithfully writes two pages a day, five days a week.

Kate DiCamillo's own journey is something of a dream come true. After
More about Kate DiCamillo...

Mercy Watson (6 books)
  • Mercy Watson to the Rescue (Mercy Watson #1)
  • Mercy Watson Goes for a Ride (Mercy Watson #2)
  • Mercy Watson Fights Crime (Mercy Watson #3)
  • Mercy Watson: Princess in Disguise (Mercy Watson #4)
  • Mercy Watson Thinks Like a Pig (Mercy Watson #5)
  • Mercy Watson: Something Wonky This Way Comes (Mercy Watson #6)