Start by marking “Mercy Watson: #1-2 [Collection Volume I]” as Want to Read:
Mercy Watson: #1-2 [Collection Volume I]

Mercy Watson: #1-2 [Collection Volume I] (Mercy Watson #1-2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Mercy Watson to the Rescue
To Mr. & Mrs. Watson, Mercy is not just a pig-she's a porcine wonder. And to the portly and good-natured Mercy, the Watson's are an excellent source of buttered toast, no to mention that buttery-toast feeling she gets when she snuggles in to bed with them. This is not, however so good for the Watsons' bed. BOOM! CRACK! Welcome to the wry and
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published May 23rd 2006 by Books on Tape Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Mercy Watson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercy Watson

Sara Truog
I recommend the Mercy Watson series on a regular basis, but I had never actually read them myself. Recently I was faced with a solo car trip and figured it was time to bite the bullet and figure out exactly what I was recommending... so I went on a binge and listened to five Mercy Watson books in one day. That's a lot of toast, let me tell you. The gist of these books is that Mercy is a pig who lives with the Watsons. She really likes toast "with a great deal of butter on it" and will go to grea ...more
Sheri Struk
I was disappointed by this book after having read DiCamillo's "Because of Winn-Dixie." Mercy Watson is a pig who lives with a married couple who like to give her buttered toast. In one story, Mercy helps her owners to safety by (in a round about way) drawing the firemen to her home. In the other story, Mercy takes a ride with her male owner and a neighbor in the owner's car.
These are charming and I'm glad my solo car trip allowed me to finally get to start the series. The reader is good not great. But a beloved house pig (or "porcine wonder" - I cannot stop laughing about that) who likes hot, buttered toast and going for a drive? Sounds like what I want my future house to be like.
Ashley
All of the Mercy Watson audio books are great fun, especially for pre-K listeners. I like the illustrations in the books, but I get more bored reading them than listening to them. What will that pig with a love of toast do next?
Tressa
I found The Mercy Watson Collection Volume 1 a bit odd in the beginning, but I came to like the characters and their antics. The stories were amusing.
Jen
This is a review for the whole Mercy Watson series. If you're looking to start chapter books with your child, I recommend this series. They chapters are short and there are plenty of colored, amusing illustrations to help keep their interest. It was recommended by a kid's literature librarian, and after the first book, I wasn't entirely sold on it. I think they improve with each book, and my kids, especially the three-year old girl, love them.
Cathy
After Mercy the pig snuggles to sleep with the Watsons, all three awaken with the bed teetering on the edge of a big hole in the floor. How in the world could a pig save them? Just the way any pig might!

I have seen my 2nd & 3rd graders enjoy this series, and today my 4 and 7 year olds loved it. They thought it was pretty funny. I thought it was simplistic, but fun. Short chapters makes for a very quick read.
Abby Johnson
Mercy Watson is a spunky pig owned by Mr. & Mrs. Watson. She's got a good heart and good intentions, but she is constantly getting into trouble. Luckily, things usually work out before Mr. & Mrs. Watson are even aware anything went wrong. Mercy is Curious George meets Dennis the Menace.

The audio recording was great and perfect family listening for families with small children.
Heather
This was an adorable book! Mr. and Mrs. Watson think Mercy is amazing, a 'porcine wonder'. In these two stories, Mercy saves the day and enjoys lots of buttered toast.
Jill
I listened to this with Meyer. These stories are very cute, and the narrator does a great job with the character voices, but I definitely missed the pictures.
Heather
Both my son & daughter loved these stories on CD. I think they are great books for beginning chapter books as well. Mercy is a well loved pig.
Fionna
I was disappointed in this CD. The kids loved it, but I was expecting sooooooo much more!
Meredith
They had me at hot buttered toast.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
North Elementary
North Elementary marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Kenisha
Kenisha marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Kaelynn
Kaelynn marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kate DiCamillo, the newly named National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature for 2014–2015, says about stories, “When we read together, we connect. Together, we see the world. Together, we see one another.” Born in Philadelphia, the author lives in Minneapolis, where she faithfully writes two pages a day, five days a week.

Kate DiCamillo's own journey is something of a dream come true. After
More about Kate DiCamillo...

Mercy Watson (6 books)
  • Mercy Watson to the Rescue (Mercy Watson #1)
  • Mercy Watson Goes for a Ride (Mercy Watson #2)
  • Mercy Watson Fights Crime (Mercy Watson #3)
  • Mercy Watson: Princess in Disguise (Mercy Watson #4)
  • Mercy Watson Thinks Like a Pig (Mercy Watson #5)
  • Mercy Watson: Something Wonky This Way Comes (Mercy Watson #6)
Because of Winn-Dixie The Tale of Despereaux The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures The Magician's Elephant