Start by marking “Dad's Pregnant Too” as Want to Read:
Dad's Pregnant Too

Dad's Pregnant Too

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Dad's Pregnant Too! is a first-of-its-kind guide written for expectant fathers, but also intended for couples. From the first positive test, to the first time seducing your pregnant partner, to the first push, to the first week home following the birth, Dad's Pregnant Too! exposes and explores everything an expectant dad needs to know (but no one ever tells him). Dad's Pre ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Sourcebooks (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dad's Pregnant Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dad's Pregnant Too

Esmeralda Rupp-Spangle
Lame. Advice for guys who are total douchebags by a guy who kind of reads like a douchbag under-cover. The type of dude who would advise you to tell your wife she doesn't look fat ("even if you think she does")... too irritated after 3 or 4 chapters to bother finishing it, but I do acknowledge that there are guys who are such pricks that they wouldn't think of this "common courtesy" (be nice to your wife, do extra shit while she's pregnant and don't bitch about it) type advice, and that it's pro ...more
Rachelle
One of the best book out there for guys...it really helps to make dad feel a part of the pregnancy and he will be a better husband and father because of it! :)
Philip
I agree with Esmeralda's review. Someone should write a book for expectant fathers that assumes that we actually want to have a child.
David
This was my first pregnancy book so I don't really have anything to compare it to (Daddy's First Pregnancy Book!) but I found it to be an informative, enjoyable read. About 90% of the content is pretty much the same stuff that the mother would be reading, but there are also discussions on how to be a supportive partner. I was also surprised to find how funny the book is, though much of the humor is admittedly pretty corny. It's definitely a book geared more towards hetero cis male fathers, but n ...more
Lenore Webb
Dad's Pregnant Too! This is a great guide to help dad prepare and enjoy the first nine months of his childs life. You know how it is. Focus is all on mom, after all she is carrying the baby. But where does dad fit in after the deed is done? Well here is a way for him to know where and what to do. What type of partner is he? How he can make mom feel special. The trap of those baby stores where everything looks like you need it. And all those in between things like the baby's development and why m ...more
Adam Floridia
For the most part, this is advice that couldn't be more obvious. Stuff like, "Don't call her fat" and "Be kind to her." Then there's the gamut of advice to cover different personalities. Stuff like "Pregnant women might be really grumpy" followed by "Pregnant women might not be grumpy at all." All of this is peppered with corny jokes and repeated pleas to "please submit your own ideas to my website so that I can add them to my next book." Mr. Harlan, please don't write a next book.

Even the few
Adam
I found this book very informational and funny at the same time. It's a great book for any guys who are having a baby. The author is really funny and provides a lot of good information about what to expect without getting too technical. It also gives some really good advice for how to deal with certain situations during a pregnancy and how to prepare for and deal with the changes that your partner will be going through. I gave it 4 stars because there were a few moral viewpoints that I disagreed ...more
Angie
I read this over my maternity leave and learned more from it than most of my pregnancy and new mom books. It's a really great books for first time parents and breaks the parenting topics down to an understandable level. It's concise and very poignant for me at this time. My husband read it and loved it. Love it love it love it.
Alice
IMO, much better than 'What to Expect.' Practical & easy to read, without the weird, leftover-from-the-70s (or 80s) awkwardness that creeps into a few pregnancy/baby books I've read.

That said, you only read a few (or one!) of each of this type of book, so all baby book reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, I think.
Ryan Parker
As a soon to be first time Dad, I got a lot of good info out of this one. It's easy to read and mixes a lot of real world stories in with the advice. If nothing else, it helped me mentally prepare for what is to come. Thanks to our neighbor Diana Cleveland for lending it to me.
Kelly
Read this just for research purposes only!! :)

Overall, okay. Not much in there that I didn't already know. I think it would be an easy introduction for dad, to the not-really-talked-about aspects of pregnancy and childbirth.
Paul
A helpful guide to pregnancy from a guys perspective - covers a lot of the same information as most other pregnancy books but is more accessible. Recommend if you have a dad who is expecting.
Tyler
Definitely recommend this comical, informative book to first-time dads-to-be. A lot of helpful, insightful information about a topic I knew nothing about: pregnancy.
Colin Kemmis
Funny and informative. Good balance of research and anecdotes.
Patrick
I just dont know if I can say I enjoyed a book that is a "how to"...
Thorby
Excellent book. Informative and funny, a must-read.
Brian
This is a fantastic book for the Dad to be, like me.
Aimee
Jul 03, 2009 Aimee marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WE ARE NOT PREGNANT. JUST WANT IT ON THE TO-READ LIST.
Brian
Mastered! Now on to the next challenge!
Jenna
Read this one for work.
Reilly
Reilly added it
Dec 02, 2014
Lindsay Burch
Lindsay Burch marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Rebecca Skidmore
Rebecca Skidmore marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Angelica Merrill
Angelica Merrill marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Naked Roommate: And 107 Other Issues You Might Run Into in College Getting Naked: Five Steps to Finding the Love of Your Life (While Fully Clothed & Totally Sober) The Naked Roommate: For Parents Only: A Parent's Guide to the New College Experience: Calling, Not Calling, Packing, Preparing, Problems, Roommates, ... Matters when Your Child Goes to College Happiest Kid on Campus Training in Your Naked Dating Thong: Get Ready to Find the Love of Your Life (While Fully Clothed)