Start by marking “The Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Anti-Venom” as Want to Read:
The Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Anti-Venom

The Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Anti-Venom

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  19 reviews
What's Black, White, and Dead all over? ? From the pages of last year's best-selling New Ways to Die, Zeb Wells (Amazing Spider-Man, New Mutants) and Paulo Siqueira (Amazing Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel) bring you the story of Eddie Brock, the sallow symbiote known as Anti-Venom With his life saved by Spider-Man, Eddie is cautiously walking the line between the darkness and ligh ...more
Published March 10th 2010 by Marvel Entertainment, Inc. (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Amazing Spider-Man Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazing Spider-Man Presents

Anne
Who is Anti-Venom?

Well, I certainly didn't know who the hell it was. Nor did I have a burning desire to find out. But when I saw this sitting on my library shelf, I figured... Eh, what the hell?

So remember the original Venom, Eddie Brock?
*Played by the skinny kid from That 70's Show in the movie*
Well, Eddie found Jesus. Or something like that.
He's now on the side of angels! And as an added bonus, he has now been imbued with the power to suck the toxins out of folks!
Oh, yeah. He also still has a
Quentin Wallace
Venom and The Punisher together? It would have to be pretty bad for me not to like it! Here we have Eddie Brock in his new Anti-Venom persona teaming up with the Punisher to battle a Mexican drug cartel. The Punisher still considers Brock a murderer, so it's a strained team up to say the least. You also get some cool things like The Punisher on a goblin glider (it's cooler than it sounds, especially with the custom Punisher skull emblem.) The art is both action packed and sexy as well.

If you are
Jedhua
My Brief Bookshelf Overview: hell-of-a-ride

A simple and satisfying read overall, featuring a cool team-up. I'd have to say the Punisher was the best part of the story, but the interaction between him and Eddie was quite entertaining.

description
Malia
M
Dan Slott and Zeb Wells put their pens to work on the renewed Eddie Brock in this Anti-Venom collection. Having gained a new lease on life thanks to Martin Li, Eddie Brock is no longer the host of the Venom symbiote. Now covered with a radical suit capable of curing other, Eddie has donned the mantle of Anti-Venom and set about healing New York of its ills. Slott and Bachalo combine for the opening salvo, as Brock retells his transformation and saves a heroin junkie. Upon tracking the pushers ba ...more
Danielle
I really enjoyed the artwork in this volume, especially the more surreal renderings of Anti-Venom in the panels featuring the back story. A couple of the chapter covers are eerie as well. I like the concept of a creepy good guy!
One issue that I did have with this volume however was how the second main character, a girl who assists Brock in his quest to hunt down drug dealers, has flat traits and delivers hardly any lines besides the thinly veiled requisite "Help, help, I'm a damsel in distress!"
Gordon Pennington
Anti-Venom chronicles the life of Eddie Brock, who used to be the character Venom but through a series of events alluded to here becomes the character Anti-Venom. Anti-Venom has the ability to purge people's bodies from poison. Unfortunately, some people remember Eddie Brock as a "bad guy" and persecute him. This book definitely has some adult themes so I would not recommend this to anyone younger than thirteen. It does raise some philosophical questions however, such as can people change and do ...more
Fraser Sherman
Bleah. This story of Eddie Brock having acquired super-powers separate from his Venom symbiote and trying to be a good guy is just flat and uninspired on pretty much every level.
A good story about Anti-Venom however it only feels half finished. The characters, story, and action come together but at the end it is still unclear who Mr. Li is, why Eddie is doing what he is doing, and what will happen between Eddie and Jenna (ie the woman he is putting on such a high pedestal that she will have to fall long and hard). Overall a good start for these characters and I hope that Marvel doesn't fuck them up.
Tyler
I really enjoyed this three issue run on Eddie Brock as Anti-Venom. It's been a long road for Brock and I enjoyed watching him trying to ditch old habits and become a "good guy." Old habits certainly die hard. A cameo appearance from The Punisher made it that much better. If you love all things Venom, I definitely recommend this.
Dan
Good seeing a reformed Eddie Brock. Thought this was a fun story. Don't understand why others didn't like it.
Shannon Appelcline
The “Black & White” story gives some nice additional attention to a few great new characters from BND, but it’s not very deep [6]. The actual Anti-Venom story is quite good for its characterization of Brock … though the plot itself is sometimes violent and shallow [7+].
Robert
Ian
A provocative premise--what if a super-villain became a healer?--that immediately devolves into playing with action figures.

Quality-wise? It exists. (Shrugs.)
Nazary
The same lame story told twice - not worth your money.
The concept is really cool, but it goes no where. I'm not sure why this even got published.
harlequin {Stephanie}
Haven't read a lot of spider-man, but I know the details of eddie's story already. Wasn't my favorite venom spin-off. It did have it's moments.
B
May 04, 2013 B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: borrowed
Essentially more Venom, Lethal Protector stuff.

Not any dramatic change or real arc.
Walt Walkowski
A little edgy for youth fiction, but not a bad read all-in-all.
Kerry
  • Spider-Man: Venom vs. Carnage
  • Spider-Man: Origin of the Species
  • Marvel Masterworks: Golden Age Captain America, Vol. 1
  • Marvel 1602: Spider-Man
Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways The Amazing Spider-Man: The Gauntlet, Volume 5: Lizard Avenging Spider-Man: My Friends Can Beat Up Your Friends Nova, Vol. 2: Rookie Season Carnage, U.S.A.