Start by marking “August (Conspiracy 365, #8)” as Want to Read:
August (Conspiracy 365, #8)

August (Conspiracy 365 #8)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  952 ratings  ·  51 reviews
On New Year’s Eve, Cal is chased down the street by a crazed man with a deadly warning:

They killed your father.
They’ll kill you.
You must survive the next 365 days!

Now everyone’s searching for Cal, the psycho kid who’s meant to have attacked his uncle and put his sister in a coma. He’s desperate to clear his name and protect his family, but he also has less than a year t
Published August 1st 2010 by Kane/Miller Book Publishers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about August, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about August

Gibson Gallant
august is part of the series of conspiracy 365 and has the same action and danger as the other books in the series but with different twists like how his mother didn't even believe him, and when rafe attacked him but as all the book thus far he escapes the beginning situation he's in and gets his friends but all in all it's just another book in the series
Caleb Lattin
This book was not the best out of the series, but it was an ok story. This time, Cal escapes yet another trap. He gets buried alive! His friends then rush for help as they get an excavator to dig him up. He could not have stayed under there much longer. The author ( Gabrielle Lord) makes you confused for about a chapter. You can't stop reading until you find out what happens to Cal!
At the end of the book Gabrielle lord leaves you hanging on the edge of a hung cliff! Then you rush to get the ne
Seth Martin
This book is about a run away kid who is being hunted down. The police are desperate to find out where he is. He has woken up in the hospital and Gabbie has been kidnapped. She is in a coma. Cal finds his double while he is writing "no physico " with spray paint and he chaises him down to his apartment. Cal finds interesting things in that apartment.

I recommend this book for many people. Mainly for teens who like mystery.

I loved this book it was a book that my mom had to tell me to put it do
Adam B.
In "Conspiracy 365 August" the main character Cullum Ormand is trying to hunt down his sister's kidnapper. During this whole book his sister is in a coma and can not do anything to help. The kidnapper eventually makes a deal with Cal to get his sister back. But in order to his sister back he must give up himself and clues to help find out his family mystery called the 'Ormand Riddle'.
This was one of the better books in the series. This one is full of more action and excitement.
If I had to recomm
131emar
This book goes even more in the mystery of the Ormond family. It starts out where the last book ended. All the books in this series, that I read so far, ends with one of those tough situations that's almost impossible to get out of. In this book it starts with Cal being in a coffin and he can't get out. Only his friends can get him out of this one, but they couldn't find Cal and the longer they took, the faster Cal ran out of breath. So they took a risk and called the police to help him before ...more
Rachel Lightwood

While this wasn't as bad as April it was pretty crappy. I didn't enjoy this instalment at all. We have so few books to go that the DMOs need to start getting wrapped up, we need to start ramping up the pace and getting prepared for a shocking finale. Instead this book suffered from a bad case of the Middle Book Syndrome. It isn't even technically the "middle" book but everything that happened felt like a long-winded lead up to nothing at all - or maybe it was really a lead up to the nex
Brett
I've got to say, I really like the concept of this series, with twelve books representing the twelve months that protagonist Cal Ormond has to stay alive in the face of constant danger & simultaneously solve the mystery of his family's history that cost his father his life. That said, in practice, this is the eighth book & I'm starting to feel like the author needs to get to the point already. The action & danger is still there, but it's starting to feel a bit rote & like she's h ...more
Spencer
I think that this book is really interesting.

This books is part of a series of books written by Gabrielle Lord. This series is about a boy called Callum Ormond those family hides a deadly secret dated from the first queen Elizabeth that will change Callum's life forever. The first book of this series 'Conspiracy 365 January" talks about how Callum's nightmare begin. Theirs are 13 books in total in this series each one describing how how gets trough the challenges placed in front of him. His mot
Abbie Philebaum
This story is ingesting and relatable. I could see someone risking their life for their younger sibling. Gabrielle Lord’s August Conspiracy 365 is like a roller coaster with high points and low points.
The characters are not realistic, because there is no way that if someone was drugged that they could call their friends to come and save him. I like the characters because they are loyal to one another and care about one another to put there life on the line to save the other. It makes me more i
Marianne
August Conspiracy 365 is the eighth book in the Conspiracy 365 series by Australian author Gabrielle Lord. Buried alive by Oriana’s thugs, Cal’s escape from the coffin is due to Winter’s calling the police and lands him in the secure wing of the hospital. Luckily for him, disgraced ex-detective Nelson Sharkey manages an escape for him before he is transferred to the Remand centre. Once again, Winter shows herself to be resourceful and clever, and Boges demonstrates his true friendship with a sup ...more
Simon Taylor
August picks up where July left off and keeps up the phenomenal pace and tone established in its predecessor. I’ve made my criticisms of the Conspiracy 365 series before, but Lord has truly hit her stride.

There were few fillers in this edition, and some more substantial plot developments. The hospital escape sequence is one of my favourites of the series.

Boges and Winter are also really coming into their own. The trio have formed a charming and likeable group. Their scenes in the cemetery are hi
Jackie
Cal, once again, finds himself in danger at the beginning of August. He's been knocked out, stuffed into a coffin, and as he wakes up slowly to hear the thud, thud, thud of dirt being piled on top of him. He's being buried alive!...Luckily, Boges and Winter staked out Rathbone's Funeral Parlor and they know something is up. When they get to the cemetary, they are deperate to 'unbury' Cal, but find there are many freshly dug graves and don't know where to begin. In deperation, they call the polic ...more
Matthew Macdonald
Conspiracy 365 August by Gabrielle Lord is about a teenager named Cal Ornond who is on the run from the police because they think he put his sister in a coma. Cal got buried alive so his friends had to call the police to get him out.

I suggest this book to anybody who like mystery and thrilling books. I thought this book was very good the best and most thrilling yet. The only thing I take away from it was that it was very hard to understand what was happening.
Hunter H
Conspiracy 365 August by Gabrielle Lord is full of action! Starting with Cal being buried alive, and then being held captive in a hospital! It's crazy interesting. Read to see what happens!

I loved this book and this is my most favorite series of all time. Never read anything this interesting, it's the definition of a page turner, packed with unlimited action.

I recommend this action-packed book to everyone, absolutely everyone! I give this book 5/5 stars
Alex W
This book is about a refugee boy, Cal, who is on the run from the police and two criminal gangs. This book continues where the last one left off. It has more and more twists and turns.
This one has the best ending yet of the series in my opinion. I loved this book and plan on reading the whole series. You have to read the book to find out the best most suspenseful ending yet. I recommend this book for anyone who loves suspense and action
Maddison
Best cliffhanger yet! It was pretty obvious that (view spoiler)
I only gave this book 3 start because Cal's the luckiest kid alive. I mean, he escaped from the cops at least twice in each book, he loses all his s
Mel
Read in an afternoon. Nice bit of escapism that seems to be progressing towards an exciting finish.
Edward Arrington
The suspense just keeps building. I enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one in the series.
J
Great Series. Really engaging - full of suspense.
Carson Mill
I think this is the best book so far
Megan Birch
OMG!!!
This book was amazing. It is so gripping! I couldn't stop reading them.

This boy called Cal Ormond lost his father through some un-known diseasse. He takes over what his father was trying to discover which has run through the family. All the way through the series people are after cal and his friends Boges and Winter. Each time they find more out about the Ormand Singularity something bad happens.

You must read these books! :)
Rachel
This has to be me favorite cliff-hanger ending so far. It is leaving me anxious and going "What?!" Besides the ending though, fast, exciting, action packed, and great story growth. Cal goes from one tight spot to another and is willing to do what he can for the ones he loves. I was thinking of taking a break from the series to read a could others books but I don't think I will be able to. Have. To. Know. How. It. All. ENDS!
Olivia
Jean
After eight books, we pretty much know that whatever harrowing, life-threatening situation Callum finds himself in, he will manage to survive...and, yes, whatever stratagem to trap, imprison, jail, or confine him will fail. However, in this book we have to worry about the survival of his kidnapped, comatose sister. Way to keep us at the edge of our seats! Four more books to go.
Benjamin
It was an exciting book that made me want to keep reading more. It was a great mystery book that I enjoyed a lot.
Linda
What can I say? I feel like I've been through the mill with Cal in this series! August continues his search for answers and now for his missing sister. He also begins to get some insight into the teasing mystery of his look-alike. What does it all mean? The cliff ending in this book, as the others, makes me glad that I have September and can start reading it immediately.
Jessica
Clues are starting to come together for Cal and the gang, but he never can get a break when he finds out Gabbi has been kidnapped. These books are hard to review individually since they are continuations without a complete resolution, but I'm hoping the final resolution is worth the read. I kind of wish there were less books in the serious and more happening in each book.
Darcy
Dec 14, 2010 Darcy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, ya
This book seemed to not be filled with quite so much action and close calls. While there was both of them in this book, there was more of the figuring out the clues and figuring out just who Cal can trust. While we learned more about what was going on, a little like 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Looking forward to the next one to see what else can happen to him next.
Alison Condliffe
Not a good book in this series. Not much action just discussing what had already occurred . All the action happened in the last five pages and feel cheated as a reader because it was used as a hook for the next book.
Robert Conn
I really liked this book. It made me feel like I was on the run from the police and criminal groups with Cal. Gabrielle Lord really knows how to write a good book and make you want more. She tells about important details in the story and makes it easier to understand. That is my review of Conspiracy 365 August.
All the books in the series 1 1 Mar 12, 2013 12:33PM
  • Mutation (The Phoenix Files, #3)
  • Lizzie McGuire: The Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club
  • Poison Island
  • The Battle for Rondo (Rondo, #3)
  • Ash Mistry and the City of Death (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #2)
  • The Luxe Box Set (Luxe, #1-3)
  • Turn Left at the Cow
  • Never Mind The Goldbergs
  • Ocean Realm (Crystal Doors, #2)
  • Who Killed the Homecoming Queen? (Fear Street, #48)
  • Confessions of a Closet Catholic
  • Just Macbeth
  • Shantorian (Trackers, #2)
  • The Night She Disappeared
  • Blood Sun (Danger Zone, #3)
  • The Case of the Weird Blue Chicken: The Next Misadventure (Chicken Squad Adventure, #2)
  • Vlinders
  • The Dragon Turn (The Boy Sherlock Holmes, #5)
Gabrielle Lord survived being ‘razed’ by the nuns, acquired an education despite this, and after working in many different areas, sales, teaching, brick-cleaning, peach-picking and packing, and in the Public Service as an employment officer, started writing seriously aged 30.
Her first two manuscripts ended up composting the tomatoes at her market garden – another attempt to make a living – but the
More about Gabrielle Lord...

Conspiracy 365 (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • January (Conspiracy 365 #1)
  • February (Conspiracy 365, #2)
  • March (Conspiracy 365 #3)
  • April (Conspiracy 365, #4)
  • May (Conspiracy 365 #5)
  • June (Conspiracy 365 #6)
  • July (Conspiracy 365 #7)
  • September (Conspiracy 365 #9)
  • October (Conspiracy 365 #10)
  • November (Conspiracy 365 #11)
January (Conspiracy 365 #1) February (Conspiracy 365, #2) March (Conspiracy 365 #3) April (Conspiracy 365, #4) May (Conspiracy 365 #5)