Go-Givers Sell More

Go-Givers Sell More

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  507 ratings  ·  43 reviews

With their national bestseller The Go-Giver, Bob Burg and John David Mann took the business world by storm, showing that giving is the most fulfilling and effective path to success. That simple, profound story has inspired hundreds of thousands of readers around the world-but some have wondered how its lessons stand up to the tough challenges of everyday real-world busine...more
Published February 18th 2010 by Portfolio Hardcover (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Go-Givers Sell More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go-Givers Sell More

Thomas Hadley
One of my favorite parts in This book is when they talk about how being focused on giving to others will not make it you lose out to people who are only takers. They say that when you are truly a giver, you will be able to recognize those two are takers. When I have applied the teachings in this book, I have certainly benefited in the way they discussed. Only warning: as they mentioned in the book, be ready to receive. What I mean is that when you give and give to others, they will ask you how t...more
Benjamin Holcomb
This is not a worthy follow-up to the original "Go-Givers" business book. Authors Bob Burg and John David Mann essentially regurgitate the first book, mixing in the odd (clearly fabricated) 'testimonial' story to support their theories. The theories are sound, and I recommend it to anyone. I also recommend those same people PASS on this anemic sequel.
Shawn Camp
Jul 08, 2011 Shawn Camp rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone in sales
If you are in sales or not, employee or state at home parent, The Go-Giver is a book for everyone to read and live the examples presented by Bob Burg & John David Mann. It teaches all of us that truly giving to others will ultimately lead to benefits for all. My initial read of that book sold me right then and there. I then purchased numerous copies for my co-workers for christmas and I've since read the story a couple more times along with the audiobook.

This book though is the companion to...more
Mary Davis
This book is a classic and based on the fundamental principles of being successful in life. In summary, selling is not about telling or pushing product, it's not about the gimmicky tricks to get people to buy. It's about genuine relationship building, providing value, giving of yourself and focusing on the customer, first, last and always. Do that well, and the business follows! A great read for all levels of sales professionals.
Clayton Tune
Authentic and genuine. I've gone through SO MANY stinkin sales books and seen so many techniques for how to 'best' sell your product. Books that offer genuine techniques so that you can even sound more genuine. This book dismisses all of them. It doesn't matter what you do, you need this book and it's prequel. The chapter on PITCH by itself is worth the buy. Seriously, ANY profession.
Richard
I originally read this book after finishing reading Bob Burg and John David Mann's famous book "The Go-Giver". Unlike "The Go-Giver" this book isn't a business parable, but looks at the idea of "The Five Laws of Stratospheric Success" in the original book, and gives practical advice on how to apply them in everyday life.

While the book is focused on people who are involved in Sales, I think the concepts of the Five Laws are applicable to everyone in every aspect of life. Thus, this book would be...more
Janet G
This book and it's loving message is truly one of the top 5 books I've read in dealing with others through sales. It goes beyond the Golden Rule and explains why we should use it. It's a peaceful book. I suggest everyone that deals with others including teachers and parents read this book for some amazing and unique insights. I liked this one better than the first book, Go-Givers. This one was a giant step beyond that one. Just read it and you will see what I am talking about.
Chuck Cova
A great follow-up to Go Givers. This guy has a great way to teach sales And not just for the salesman - great lessons on how to be relate-able.
Derek
Nov 23, 2012 Derek rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: audio
Great principled methods of generally dealing with people. It appears that we all sell something at some point, many times that something being an idea, an opinion, or just ourselves. I had expected the full fable as in the previous book, but this digs into it a little more. Perhaps it's that I had the audiobook, but the transitions were a bit jolting at times and I couldn't quite feel the flow of what the author likely wanted to achieve. Also, the ending was abrupt--it seemed almost like the la...more
Michele Sfakianos
An extension of the book The Go-Giver. Read this! Some many great ideas.
Joel Ungar
Burg and Mann follow up their previous book The Go-Giver with a volume that helps further explain their concept. Organized in the same order as The Go-Giver, it is very different - The Go-Giver was a parable. Go-Givers Sell More follows the same lessons, but is divided into short chapters further explaining the concepts.

I read these books back to back. I expect to do a second, slower reading of The Go-Giver and then this one, matching up each rule one at a time.

I've been a fan of Bob Burg for a...more
Kent
This is the follow-on to "The Go-Giver". It's not a sequel fable. Instead the book goes into more qualitative description of how to put their laws of success into practice. The authors give a more in-depth telling of what the fable hightlights, but without any quantitative data and with only a few pieces of anecdotal evidence. I would have preferred more case studies or case histories to support their contention that their laws are applicable.
Kenny Sern
The perfect follow up to the book Go Givers by same author. I highly recommend this to anyone whether you're in sales or not as the principles there are not sales or business principles but LIFE principles. It clearly expanded the 5 laws given in the first book with examples and even some typical sales scripts. Get it today and be amazed at how this book will challenge the way you think about giving and receiving.
Pam
I started this book and then set it down. Picked it up again this week and read through the whole book. Some very valid points about how to look at sales in more of a relationship value way. Excellent ideas for those who are afraid of sales and those who think it is all about just getting a signature and not thinking about the other person and what they need. I think i need to go back and read Go-Givers.
Steve
A short book, an excellent book on sales and interpersonal influence. I was reminded of what I have learned from Aikido. I like one fundamental principle by Burg: The buying decision is in the mind of the customer. No fancy technique will change the fact that the customer must want to buy in order for a transaction to happen. I also liked the concept of "steering into" an objection.
Laura Hoffman Brauman
Solid business book on sales -- I appreciated the premise that sales is about helping other people find solutions -- not about talking them into something they may or may not need. This is the 2nd book in the series by these authors and they referred to the first book a lot (which I hadn't read). It didn't keep me from learning, but I would recommend reading the first one before this.
Iamthird
create an experience of value that has a positive impact on other's lives.
what is the single most valuable thing i could possibly convey to them?

Be authentic --- still remember how it felt --- ...when i first came, etc.

how well you hear what the other person says

The truth, as Plato taught, is revealed in dialogue .

convey that your goal is to create value
Natalie
Three takeaways:
1) Listen to what others are really saying, and don't back them into a corner
2) Word counts for Declaration of Independence, Gettysburg Address, and Ten Commandments were SMALL
3) "Problems are simply opportunities in work clothes" - Henry Kaiser

Easy read, some good advice - most of it common sense - assumes a certain level of intelligence and rationality.
Isabella Tugman
Definitely the best approach to selling and actually being a human being while doing it. Give more to get more. In fact, this book helps in more ways than just business- it helps you in your regular life. It's basically a modernized version of Dale Carnegie's books, and directed at business. The last section of the book is by far the best, and is beautifully written.
Tony Tovar
Dr. Daly if the University of Texas once said, "the fallacy in business is that everyone thinks it's about who you know, when it's really about who knows you."

This book was great and it help me realize how important "relationship" is in relationship building.

If you're out to sell, sell with the thoughts in this book in mind.
Danielle Chenoweth
The Go-Givers is a great book to help you think more about the other person and to get your mind away from what most managers will tell you is correct as in focusing more on the product instead of the person in front of you. I took a lot away from this book and I will use a lot of the resources with my sales.
Cj Sime
I really looked forward to this companion book to Go Giver because Go Giver was phenomenal. Perhaps if I had read each of them back to back without 6 months in between I would feel like they were more complimentary, but as it was, Sell More really didn't engage, excite, and educate me nearly as much.
Jason Green
This was a very good follow-up to the Go Giver. The original was a parable. This essentially take the "Five Laws of Stratospheric Success" illustrated in the parable, and breaks them down with real world examples. It's a quick and easy read and worth the time and effort.
Darlene Hull
Brilliant book. In my current situation it was almost cathartic. The authors take the ideas from " The Go-Giver" and flesh them out with practical tips and real-world examples.

Readable, inspiring, fun, and helpful, this is a great book for those involved in business.
David Allen
This is the companion book to the short story "The Go-Giver" by the same authors. It elaborates on the principles outlined in the first book, and is a great read. I very much recommend this book, but read "The Go-Giver" first!
Kellylr
I enjoyed this book; however, I did feel it was a little harder to follow at times & wasn't as easy of a read at the first 'Go-Giver", but overal good book.
Rick
Bob does a great job explaining and differentiating the giving perspective. So much different then the majority today. I liked this very much.
David Garza
May 31, 2010 David Garza rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to David by: Team
I would suggest reading the Go-Giver before reading this... would probably make more sense. Very good book though.
Jana
I really enjoyed the concepts in this book. Made a lot of sense and really presented a good perspective.
Carly Alyssa Thorne
Bob Burg is AMAZING, AWESOME, and Authentic Read All of his books it will shift how you do business...
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale
  • The Coming Aristocracy
  • Launching a Leadership Revolution: Mastering the Five Levels of Influence
  • Leadership Gold: Lessons I've Learned from a Lifetime of Leading
  • The Business of the 21st Century
  • Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words
  • Business for the Glory of God: The Bible's Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business
  • Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
  • How to Become a Rainmaker: The Rules for Getting and Keeping Customers and Clients
  • The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work
  • The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
  • Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
  • How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
  • The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life
  • The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • An Enemy Called Average
Bob Burg shares information on topics vital to the success of today’s businessperson. He speaks for corporations and associations internationally, including fortune 500 companies, franchises, and numerous direct sales organizations.

Bob is an advocate, supporter and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they...more
More about Bob Burg...
The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea It's Not About You: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales The Art of Persuasion: Winning Without Intimidation Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion