Start by marking “Infinity's Child” as Want to Read:
Infinity's Child

Infinity's Child

3.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
They were on the brink of the most important scientific discovery of our time.But they needed a baby...Her baby.

Their first choice...

Sally Benedict is having a baby.After years of trying, after scores of tests, Sally and her husband are thrilled.But someone is watching, someone who knows all about Sally's unborn child--right down to her unique genetic code.

Their last chanc
Published December 1st 1997 by Dell (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Infinity's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infinity's Child

Felecia
Aug 06, 2012 Felecia rated it liked it
I really expected more of this book. I almost stopped reading it on a few occasions. I felt like it just dragged on. The main plot of them wanting her baby was very catchy, problem was it never really came to head till the very end. So many different sub-plots also became somewhat annoying but it wasn't to the point of hard to follow. I also had a problem with everyone randomly figuring out what was going on at the end with no other new information or incident. That was the worst part to me. I d ...more
Laurie
Dec 21, 2014 Laurie rated it it was ok
This book started out slow but, all in all, I liked the book. My reading of it was very spordic because I was only able to read at lunchtime, and that constant disconnect from the story may have been part of the problem throughout the first half of the book, but there was an awful lot of background information and not knowing where the story was going throughout a large part of the this book. However, when it FINALLY started coming together, I was at the "I can't put it down" stage.

I liked the
Nathan Burgoine
Jan 12, 2016 Nathan Burgoine rated it liked it
A bargain-book I nabbed for its low price and an intriguing idea, this is the tale about a young woman who is pregnant, and whose baby may hold a very special gene - one that marks her for taking by some very unsavoury scientists.

I was expecting a basic thriller and didn't really have high expectations, but to be honest it was quite engaging and I remember reading it in one afternoon (on new year's day, I believe).
Diane Wachter
Infinity's Child, Harry Stein, RDC-M V 4 1997, 10/20/12. A team of scientists think they've discovered eternal youth in the genes of an unborn child. All they need now are the infant's living cells...the mother stands in the way. Okay.
Betty
May 13, 2014 Betty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book I picked up from the sale cart at Half Price Books several years ago for fifty cents. Just got around to reading it. Nothing great. Fairly predictable, but a good fluff book.
Nancy
Jul 14, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it
Good book.
Wil
Jul 24, 2010 Wil rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gym
I have begun picking up books specifically to read at the gym- mostly with the excuse that I can read anything, since I'm being good! But mostly because it's one convenient way to place the large hardcover on the machine.

The premise of the book was interesting: the discovery of a gene whose protein could be used to help extend life into the hundreds. The story began with some interesting momentum, but eventually fell short to the very end.
Debi
Sep 23, 2008 Debi rated it really liked it
A medical thriller set in a small town in New England. A research company is trying to find a way to prolong life with a miracle drug. A reporter trying to have a child finds herself investigating grave robbings. This book was suspenseful and well-written. I gave it a 4/5 rating.
Naee Lee
Feb 14, 2013 Naee Lee rated it really liked it
It was wonderfully written. Maybe someone who doesnt do or get the Sciences (such as Biology for example) might get confused (Even I was confused at times!). Kinda twisted.. Very interesting. To me they got a bit lazy in the end but overall it was a great book.
THX
Jan 20, 2013 THX rated it it was ok
Great concept- but not as thrilling or captivating as it could have been. This book could have been a 2-part episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker!?! (...maybe it was??)
Toesnorth's mom
Dec 09, 2012 Toesnorth's mom added it
Shelves: mom-s
medical "thriller", boring!
Jamarri Shah
Jamarri Shah rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
Norman
Norman added it
May 18, 2016
Kathy Ulincy
Kathy Ulincy rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Christopher Stanley
Christopher Stanley marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Patricia Hebert
Patricia Hebert marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Irinel Finco
Irinel Finco rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Blake
Blake marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Petra Mandock
Petra Mandock rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2015
Cara Wagner
Cara Wagner rated it did not like it
Aug 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Conservative author Harry Stein is known for his light touch on hard topics: How I Accidentally Joined the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy (And Found Inner Peace): I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican; The Idiot Vote -- The Democrats' Core Constituency; etc. Now, with his comic novel Will Tripp, Pissed Off Attorney-at-Law , he does his bit to take back popular culture from the radical lef ...more
More about Harry Stein...