Start by marking “Kipper's Snowy Day” as Want to Read:

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Huge cotton ball snowflakes are tumbling past Kipper’s window, and he can’t wait to go outside to play!
Published July 19th 1999 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Kipper's Snowy Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kipper's Snowy Day

Hollie Westmore
Story Outline.
Kipper wakes one morning and is very excited to see snow outside his bedroom window. He gets dressed and makes different shapes in the snow. Kipper finds his friend wrapped up it in his hat, gloves and scarf on and they have snow ball fight together. Tiger rolls in the snow and finds himself turned into a huge snowball. They spent the next part of the story making a snow dog and gave it one of their hats and scarf. The snow dog stayed for three whole weeks but got smaller and small
David
Mar 24, 2013 David rated it liked it
Kipper's Snowy Day by Mick Inkpen tells about Kipper the dog's snow day playing with his friend Tiger.

Inkpen's appealing illustrations focus mainly on the two dogs. Two panel, and one & two page spreads are utilized. My favorite images are cover, tongue, Tiger points, again, snowdog and last three pictures.

Inkpen's text includes descriptive phrases like "cotton ball snowflakes", "like a beetle on his back", and "clean, white, empty page." Quibbles: I wonder about this friendship - Kipper th
Rosa Cline
May 15, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, winter
I enjoyed reading this to my 2 year old granddaughter. We have read several Kipper books but I really liked this one as it was more of a 'story' than just basic words on a page. They are all good but this one was really nice to read. Kipper playing in the snow with his friend Tiger....
Emkoshka
Jan 16, 2014 Emkoshka rated it really liked it
I'm not a dog person, but Kipper is the cutest pup ever! In this story he celebrates the snow with his friend Tiger, getting up to the usual snowplay: a snowball fight, snow angels and making a snowdog. Lots of fun!
Jan 13, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
Too long for story time, but a good length for reading to one or two children, which I did at church yesterday.
Heidi
Jan 07, 2012 Heidi rated it really liked it
Almost as good as the video that I watched last night. Almost. Have to say that the videos are better with their adorable actions and even more adorable British accents. But you know I would not turn down a book version of something I love! And the book and video are very closely related. I wonder which came first.
Leila T.
Aug 25, 2011 Leila T. rated it liked it
Again, I didn't like the insulting language, which may be used in the book to connect with young readers, but I thought it was discouraging and unnecessary so omitted it. But otherwise a compelling, slightly complicated story for my 2.5-y-o, but she enjoyed it and wanted it read twice.
Shelley HW
My son has become enthralled with Kipper. We picked up a second hand movie and I admit, the stories are simplistic but sweet, and the accents are appealing. The books, well, maybe without the accents it just isn't as cute. Still good though.
Theresa
Jan 24, 2015 Theresa rated it liked it
by Mick Inkpen
a cute emergent reader book series related to the pbs show that helps kids recognize words and topics related to school, home and outside.
Jared
Sep 03, 2011 Jared rated it really liked it
Kipper and his friend Tiger have fun playing in the snow -- a gentle and fun story with the moral that wooly clothing isn't much good in the snow, unless you're a dog.
Amelia
May 01, 2013 Amelia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Mohammed Tariq
Mohammed Tariq marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Sarah Fox
Sarah Fox rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Thebucks2005
Thebucks2005 marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Justme
Justme rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Ryan
Ryan added it
Jan 24, 2016
Claire Spurling
Claire Spurling rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Tat
Tat marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Isobel
Isobel rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Gretchen
Gretchen is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2015
Emma Hugo
Emma Hugo rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Céline Dimp
Céline Dimp rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Anita W
Anita W rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Laura Verret
Laura Verret rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Jessica Bennett
Jessica Bennett rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Shikha
Shikha rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mick Inkpen is one of the most popular author/illustrators in the world. His books have sold over 4 million copies, and have been translated into over twenty different languages. His best-loved characters are probably Kipper and Wibbly Pig – who are both stars of their very own TV series!

He began his career as a graphic designer, and worked with another children’s author Nick Butterworth (of Percy
More about Mick Inkpen...