Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)

Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  16,354 ratings  ·  831 reviews
Rien ne va plus pour Georgina, même sa liaison avec le célèbre Seth Mortensen ! Déjà, pas de sexe entre eux : Georgina étant un succube, elle pourrait tuer son amant par mégarde. Ça calme les ardeurs les plus motivées ! En plus, même se voir devient difficile : Seth est obsédé par son dernier roman, et Georgina doit jouer les mentors pour une nouvelle recrue vraiment pas d...more
Published November 21st 2009 by Bragelonne (first published October 1st 2008)

Tatiana
Jul 26, 2011 Tatiana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: have your fave headache medicine ready for this one
I must be getting old, 'cause I really have no patience with these immature characters this time around. It is very hard to care about a couple who treat each other in such a deplorable, disrespectful, vile way. Oh, the things they do to each other in the name of so called love!

And don't even get me started on Georgina! She definitely needs to stop her reluctant succubus act and embrace her slutty personality. I mean, she can repeat as much as she wants that she does not like being a succubus, s...more
Kim
Ash Wednesday
02.01.14 BUDDY READ WITH ROBIN, BAILEY and TANDIE
"What hope is there?" I asked. "If even angels fall, what hope is there for the rest of us?"

Second time around I'm looking at everyone less kindly. Someone needs to be punched on the 'nads and someone needs to be punched on the face.

With a fish.

My heart refuses to stop breaking over this book. That moment when (view spoiler)… knowing the bigger picture…

JUST FREAKING STAHP BREAKING ALR...more
Pamela
Nov 09, 2008 Pamela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban fantasy fans, people disgruntled with LKH's writing
If I loved this series before, this book proves that I am completely and utterly addicted. I wasted a good hour this morning finishing up this book. I say waste because, er... I should have been writing an essay for my film theory class. But frankly? This book is worth it.

Wow. I... just, wow. The novel's plot itself is engaging, the mystery is interesting (if a bit easy to solve, once a few pieces fall together), and Richelle Mead's writing is (as always) funny and engrossing.

But what really got...more
Harper
May 13, 2010 Harper rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban fantasy fans
AH
Georgina Kinkaid is experiencing some very vivid dreams. Each dream is followed by a drain of her energy. Georgina must find out why this is happening.

This was a fun book to read. I enjoyed the combination of the immortal world – the angels, nephilim, assorted demons and imps, and deities combined with the mortal world.

There are so many things I liked about this book. The dialogue was very clever, full of great lines. Georgina’s friends and associates crack me up. They seem normal and do norma...more
Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile)
I don't know how I feel about this book. It definitely was another gripping tail of succubuses, demons, angels etc... But, I'm upset now.

I've also decided I no longer love Seth.

I've now decided I possibly am in love with Carter.

Also...Jerome sucks! Oh, and...my hot Georgina had better get some sweet lovin' in the next book or I may throw a fit. Okay, maybe I won't, but still.

This third book in the series was such a chaos of emotions and I don't know whether to throw the book or caress it. I me...more
Kat Kennedy
Okay, I'm in two minds about this book.

First of all, I enjoyed it, and that's what you're supposed to get out of a book. It was a good read. Heartbreaking in parts, funny and hilarious in others.

There's a problem with this series though that majorly bothers me. I always figure out the mystery LONG before it's revealed and this book was even worse than the others in this one regard. I had figured out every major reveal by halfway through the book. That isn't good writing.

The actual characters, se...more
Emily May
I think this third book in the series is my favourite so far and I have high hopes for number 4 (which I just started reading). This book changed my view of Georgina and Seth's relationship and, for the first time since the series started, I really wanted the two to make it work out. It's weird how I thought Seth was plain and boring as a love interest until their relationship was truly threatened (I guess it was because he stood up to her instead of being such a pushover - did you ever hear of...more
Cherise
Georgina, Succubus extraordinaire, juggles a new protégée, some new angels and a few more immortals all while working hard to maintain her ever complicated romantic life. Bits of her past come back to haunt her and just when everything seems to be perfect more complications arise.

Georgina is a complex character. What she is, a succubus, is often a direct contrast to what she wants and how she feels, making her a demon with a heart and a conscience. It creates some interesting problems and makes...more
FlibBityFLooB
An estrogen fest. That's what I felt like about this chapter of Georgina Kincaid's story.

I could see a million miles in advance what would happen with Maddie. That was not a surprise to me, but it didn't stop my crying. I didn't use to cry when I was younger, but as my hormones approach middle-age I tend to get weepy at more in life. And, this story really got to me. I guess you have faith in love, and this was quite a sad turning point in the story.

I have faith that things will be uplifting aga...more
Leah
Sharon
Okay, I'm so pissed at this book, and totally loved it. It ruins the typical HEA of most stories and I can't believe the ending! It's a good book and made me cry, which means I'm totally in the moment. But damn I so wanted it to end differently. I won't make any spoiler comments, because I didn't know what was going to happen. I am also forming my favorite characters and my lesser faves, which makes it a fun read.

Definitely DEFINITELY read this series from the beginning...it's the slow build of...more
Bailey
description
I have so much rage right now. So much that I just can't be trusted to review. You'll have to deal with my anger. Sorry.

(view spoiler)...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Bumped up to 4.5 stars
Re-read/BR with Ash Wednesday, Bailey and Tandie

♪♫♪♪♪ Feelings…whoa.. whoa…whoa feelings ♪♫♪♪♫ (It should probably be Sweet home Alabama but the lyrics just don’t convey the same, well, feelings)

I’m pretty sure I was even more emotionally invested this time around. Everything meant more to me and even though I knew everything that was going to happen I was still so affected by it all. This book in the series could totally push me to drinking or chocolate or both, wait mayb...more
Zemira Warner
Jun 25, 2011 Zemira Warner rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of adult urban-fantasy
Oh,Richelle you did not just go there! I can't believe this! But I did see it coming. You need a good twist to keep the readers on the edge of their seats. I liked Succubus Dreams,more than the first two. Well,I'm off to see what will happen next with Georgie and the gang.

P.S. I don't blame 'perfect' Seth for what he did. Finally he shows he has balls and he is not spineless. Hope they never get back together. Just kidding,they have to get back together.
P.A. Lupton
Noooooooooooo!!!!! I am so upset right now and I can't say why because it will give away too many spoilers. Although I'm mad, I still have to give the book 5 stars because it was even better than the last two. Not to mention I am sitting here with puffy eyes from crying. I figure if a book evokes this level of emotion from me it deserves nothing less than 5 stars. We'll wait until the series is over though to see if I'm happy that I read it, right now I'm not so sure.
~Tina~
I feel like crying:(:(

While I wasn't prepared for this heart fail, this book was still my favorite so far.
I liked the dreams in this book, it gives me hope right along with G's contract.
I can't even blame Seth for what he did, but it doesn't hurt any less.
Gawd I love these books!
Tandie

Buddy Read with Robin, Ash, & Bailey
=====================================

What just happened? I blew through this third book in record time because it was so intense! I got a rip-off ending. No! (stamping feet) Nononono! Grr. I am very displeased.

Umm, Carter? Seriously, can't you be a little more helpful dude? Angel hugs are NOT going to solve this problem.
I guess the good news is that Georgina is out of the dog house. The bad news is that Seth is a bad, bad (Not in the way we hoped kinda bad...more
Fiction Fool
Complete and total surprise.

I started this series not expecting to like it at all. I mean, for crying out loud, it's about a succubus that can't sleep with men without taking away their life force and corrupting their soul. What can you do with that? Kind of difficult to spin a love story in there somewhere, right?

But the Georgina Kinkaid series took me by surprise and I have to say it's now one of my favorites. Richelle Mead did a great job utilizing the complicated nature of the succubus issue...more
Regina
If you haven't read book #3 or if you plan to read book #3, warning the below review contains minor spoilers.

Broke my heart -- that is what this book did. Mead captures perfectly how sad and gut wrenching a break up can be. Rarely does an audio book inspire me to cry, but that is what I was doing as I listened to this book and driving on the highway.

I don't hate Seth, not yet. I don't hate Georgina. I think the two of them were caught up in an impossible situation. I actually do not blame eith...more
Megan
I don't like Georgina Kincaid. Haven't liked her from the beginning and continue to not like her as the series progresses. But for some inexplicable reason, I continue to read these books. With this third installment, I found that accepting the fact that I do not like Georgina made it much easier for me to, well... like reading about her.

On a positive note, one thing I love about the Succubus books is that we continually see "evil" people behaving quite decently and "good" people behaving badly...more
valee
THIS BOOK WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST 2!
I don't even know where to start.
What I didn't like about the first two books was that I knew what would happened since the first chapter. Everything was really clear form the start.

But with this one, OMG! I loved it. Couldn't stop reading it. I enjoyed everything about this book. Eventhough it had not as much Seth as the others had, the actions and the events in this book were far more important and entertaining.

And what a cliff hanger. Now I need t...more
Nicole
Wow, I just can't believe it. I don't so spoilers in my review but oh do I want too. The last one Georgina made me so upset with her screw-up this one made me cry. If you aren't reading this series pick it up immediately. It never fails to surprise me and go through a million emotions. I had this one from the library and immediately bought the next one on my nook even though I had 4 books scheduled to read before the next one in this series.

One of my all time favorite series.
Crazy4more
4 stars and I'm thinking I must be a mashocist bc mild storyline gets lower rating than the ones making my heart ached liked someone physically crushed it and tears shed, and thoughts flew guessing outcomes, etc. go figure... This book had it all.

Hmmmm, what do I think and what can I put down without giving out too much. This was a good one and it got me thinking and guessing.

Here's my thought and I really hope I'm not spoiling it for anyone:
Seth- he'll be the death of Georgina and her contract...more
Jessica
Stacia (out of inspiration)
***Re-read with friends in August 2011 in prep for the series finale***

I'm loving this series even better the second time around. All of the minor complaints that I had the first time reading aren't even an issue now because I know what's going on and now I can just enjoy the characters and mystery of what's going on.

***original review***

Before I get to the good stuff, let me get my two complaints out there :

1. This was the third book in a row that started slow. Having to wait several chapters...more
Ally72
I read the "Dark Swan" and "Thorn Queen" books and totally became ingrossed in the world that Richelle Mead created. I think she is an excellent author and quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I wasn't sure I would like the idea of a succubus preying off of mortal men to stay alive. I am really glad I tried it because Richelle Mead writes a heroine in Georgina Kincaid that is very sympathetic. I never thought I would feel that way about this type of book, but I was wrong. Georgina is dealing wit...more
Dee
I hate Seth with every fiber of my being right now and yet, I know that i'll pick up the next book in the series just to find out what happens...

In this one, book 3 in the series, Georgina and Seth try to continue on with their forbidden relationship, admist an arrival of a group of angels in town and dreams that are leaving her drained of energy.

I love this series, there is just something about someone who is evil, yet, who makes for a compelling main character as she struggles with her life....more
Mimi Smith
4 stars

As I'd predicted, things are blowing up. Me sad. Though the dream sounds promising...

I'm starting to really like Georgina, though. And I adore Carter. I hope he gets a spin-off

“What kind of sick bastard burns down a Christmas tree?”
Hugh and I exchanged glances.
“That’s an excellent question,” I said dryly. Peter looked startled.
“Was it you?” he asked Hugh.
“No,” said the imp. “It was Carter.”
“Your Christmas tree was burned down by an angel?” asked Cody. He hadn’t been with our group l
Wow I'm so upset! :-( 22 180 Jun 16, 2013 07:58AM
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2)
  • Shift (Shifters, #5)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #3)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5)
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Thin Air (Weather Warden, #6)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f...more
More about Richelle Mead...
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)

“What hope is there?" I asked. "If even angels fall, what hope is there for the rest of us?” 203 likes
“What kind of sick bastard burns down a Christmas tree?”

Hugh and I exchanged glances. “That’s an excellent question,” I said dryly.

Peter looked startled. “Was it you?” he asked Hugh.

“No,” said the imp. “It was Carter.”

“Your Christmas tree was burned down by an angel?” asked Cody.

“Yup. The irony isn’t lost on me”
171 likes