Start by marking “I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy” as Want to Read:

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
From the New York Times Bestselling author of The Biggest Loser cookbooks: amazingly simple, super-speedy, and decadent recipes that taste sinful but are 100 percent guilt-free

Devin Alexander lives by the motto that "twenty minutes in the kitchen can save you 3 hours on the treadmill!" The chef and author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook has maintained a weight loss of fifty-
Published March 9th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!

Valentin Mihov
Jan 24, 2015 Valentin Mihov rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-have-it
Amazon.com Review

Featured Recipe: Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Fire-Roasted Tomatoes

This dish is exceptionally easy to make and worth every second. That said, there is one thing to note: Be careful when checking the chicken for doneness. The tomatoes will likely drip into the chicken. If you cut into the chicken or poke it with a fork to test for doneness, be sure it’s not the liquid from the tomatoes making the chicken look pink even if it’s not.

Ingredients

4 (4-ounce) trimmed bo
Ashley (JaffaCaffa)
Feb 26, 2015 Ashley (JaffaCaffa) rated it liked it
Shelves: food
After losing 15 lbs in exactly 3 months by eating healthy, I can officially say this is my new motto: "Twenty minutes in the kitchen can save you 3 hours on the treadmill!"

I knew going in there probably wasn't going to be too many recipes I could use. I'm unable to eat any processed carbs, wheat, etc. as well as dairy (on top of being a picky eater haha!), therefore I skimmed over a lot of the recipes. I did find 4 that I'm really excited to try out!

There were some recipes that were very simpl
Shannon Hairr
Feb 11, 2014 Shannon Hairr rated it really liked it
I'm a picky eater and it had a lot of things I wanted to try. The recipes use things I normally have on hand. I don't have to go to a special store to find the ingredients!
Betsy
Jul 07, 2010 Betsy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, cookbooks, health, weight
Wonderful recipes full of flavor! Easy to prepare and very healthy. Once again, this was checked out of the library, but I am breaking down and buying my own copy! Too good to pass up. So far I've made the Cumin Lime Black Beans and there are several that I can't wait to try.

Yet another great cookbook by Devin Alexander.
Sandi
Jan 21, 2013 Sandi rated it it was ok
Just a run of the mill cookbook that really doesn't have much in the way of recipes, it's more like put this dip in this yogurt and stir kind of a thing.

A few recipes sounded tempting, but not a book for the collection or those who can think outside of the box (or grocery bag) without anyone telling them how.

Lisa
Jul 19, 2010 Lisa rated it liked it
This book delivers on its promise of providing easy recipes. I haven't tried any yet, so I can't vouch for the results, but I did find several I intend to try. Many of the recipes involve "novelty" food items, though, that proponents of "clean" eating (like me) may prefer to avoid.
Amy
Apr 19, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, food
There are lots of great recipes in this book; many of which I cannot believe are not fattening ... I copied quite a few for myself.

While there are some color photographs scattered throughout, this book would have been spectacular if each recipe had an accompanying photograph!
Monique
Mar 14, 2013 Monique rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
Want simple and easy low fat recipes? This is your book. Great ideas with most recipes from fridge to plate in 30 minutes or less. Certainly adding these to my growing Dinners Done menu list.
Nancy
May 20, 2011 Nancy rated it it was ok
Lots of interesting sounding recipes -- but after trying several, found that they're just not as tasty as I'd have liked.
Michelle
Jun 16, 2010 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
Very meat-heavy. Might try a few side-dishes. Will need to "up" everything for family use.
Beth
Sep 17, 2010 Beth rated it really liked it
Some really good recipes - I can't wait to try them!
Gina
May 16, 2010 Gina marked it as to-read
Reserve again from Bucks library.
Denise
May 22, 2010 Denise rated it liked it
Good pictures
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
rose whitehead
rose whitehead rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Sara Allen
Sara Allen marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Sonya
Sonya marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
nanadebrnyahoo.com
nanadebrnyahoo.com marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
deborah holman gregory
deborah holman gregory marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Silvaria
Silvaria marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Goodman
Goodman marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
erikaylarde
erikaylarde rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Joanne harrington
Joanne harrington rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Prettypinktulips
Prettypinktulips rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Brenda Wilson
Brenda Wilson marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Emma Wisenbaker
Emma Wisenbaker marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Susan Batty
Susan Batty rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • Glorious One-Pot Meals: A Revolutionary New Quick and Healthy Approach to Dutch-Oven Cooking
  • 1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
  • 101 Foods That Could Save Your Life
  • Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine
  • The Dumpling: A Seasonal Guide
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet
  • Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes
  • Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • The 10 Things You Need to Eat: And More Than 100 Easy and Delicious Ways to Prepare Them
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles
  • Mastering the Grill: The Owner's Manual for Outdoor Cooking