Start by marking “Boss Man” as Want to Read:
Boss Man

Boss Man (Long, Tall Texans #28)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  1,525 ratings  ·  51 reviews
HE HAD A REPUTATION TO UPHOLD

Hotheaded lawyer Blake Kemp didn't want the tender ministrations of his assistant to get in his way. But he only had to lose his temper once before pretty Violet left him in a cloud of Texas dust. Being smart as well as stubborn, Blake knew he had to hire her back. And make sure that this time business didn't mess with matters of the heart--on...more
ebook
Published July 1st 2008 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Boss Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boss Man

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Good book but it comes with a red level shovel alert. I don't know what happened to Blake. He was a nice guy before he got his own book. And then he metamorphosized into a big, huge jerk. If I was Violet, I would have told him to take a long walk off a short pier. Luckily I am not, so we get the happy ending. I wish that DP didn't feel it was necessary to make Violet lose weight. It would be nice to have a cuddly heroine in Jacobsville. Loved the Siamese cats.
Pat Cromwell
I was so looking forward to Blake's story and I was so ticked that Blake was a jerk!

1) Hero: Definitely Jerk of the year

2) Read entire book: No. I'd read bits and pieces about him in other books and I so wanted him to be one of the good jerks but he wasn't

3) Intriguing: Uh..NO

4) Do I still have the book or did I give it away to the goodwill: Uh Yeah! Throw away a Palmer book? Absolutely not!!!!! Never!!!

5) Did she jump the shark on this one: God no! I love Diana Palmer and this was just anothe...more
Lynsey A
PNR
Ok, just not my thing. First of all, the heroine was an idiot. The dude says a bajillion times that he does not love her, does not want to get married, does not want to have children. She knows why. They've talked about it. Yet she is shocked and crushed when she overhears him saying the same to someone else?? How is that logical? She just annoyed me with her doormat-ness and chasing so, so hard after a dude who could not have been more explicit that he did not want to be caught.

He was just a do...more
Ashley
God, I really wanted to like this book. I like heroines who aren't physically perfect and taciturn heroes. This one, though...it just wasn't that good.

Blake is an a-hole, to be blunt. If any man ever insinuated that I was fat, I'd read him the riot act and probably pour something on his head. But not Violet. She was hurt for all of five seconds and then accepts any iota of "affection" Blake tosses her way. And the whole "Oh my God, I lost control and didn't use any protection" thing grates on m...more
Judith
This is a fairly typical Palmer book, which to me is okay. It was well on its way to 3 stars but the ending was a bit of a disappointment for me. It is made clear to the reader that Blake likes Violet a lot, and will work hard to make a happy marriage, but he never confesses his undying love as other heroes always do. It just feels a bit like a relationship based on lust on his part, and one can only hope love will blossom in the future. This one kept me entertained, but that's all.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Mydearloverboy
4.5 stars! I really liked this one...it had a different flow from her usual books. For one, there wasn't much angst. But also, I felt like something was missing, which is why I gave it a 4.5 instead of a 5;)

Overall, it's a keeper for me!
Kaycee Sapinoso
This was a fairly typical Diana Palmer book where the heroine was secretly in love with the heroe And I loved it. Really. Especially when you see the those possessive alpha heroes fell in love.

I loved Violet. She's strong, loyal and amazing. She just loved Blake too much to notice that Blake didn't really want to marry her. Good thing that she learned about it. I felt sorry for her.

As for Blake, he's actually a good guy he just didn't want to get married not since his ex and unborn child died. B...more
Monserrat Maxfield Markov
3.5

Creo que hasta ahora es mi historia favorita, y es que esta es la historia donde todo va despacio y él nunca le dice te amo, aunque si lo demuestra con sus acciones.

Disfruto mucho de estas historias a pesar de son un completo Cliché, pero es que son adictivas, desde que compre mi primer Harlequin en Walmart no paro de leer a mis Texanos. Y es que saber la historia de casi todos de Jacobsville es interesantisimo.

Veamos que otro drama-Texano me tiene en un futuro Diana Palmer.
Perdani Budiarti
Tiada yang terlalu spesial dari cerita khas Diana Palmer ini. Pola yang sama terulang, seorang gadis yang masih polos terpesona dengan pria yang lebih dewasa yang punya trauma dengan masa lalunya, terutama dengan pernikahan/keluarga.

Diceritakan si pria, Blake, coba-coba mendekati si gadis, menemukan kenyataan bahwa si gadis, Violet, memang benar-benar masih polos, berusaha menghindar, menyangkal kenyataan bahwa ada sesuatu di antara mereka, dan akhirnya bersedia menghabiskan sisa hidup berdua da...more
Ann Keller
Attorney Blake Kemp has got to be one of the orneriest, stubborn men there is. Not only is he a terrible boss, barking orders like a general and demanding that the staff bring him coffee, but he seems to be just as prickly outside of the office, too.

By contrast, Violet Hardy, Blake’s secretary, is sweet and mild mannered. Whenever there is something that needs to be taken care of, it’s usually Violet who volunteers to help out. Unfortunately, Violet has been in love with Blake for some time, but...more
Primadonna
After reading several DP's books I come into this conclusion:

1. most of the male protagonists are jerks!

2. all of the girls are either virgins or inexperienced. And the guys are experienced. The girls usually wait for the one while it seems to be okay for the guys to sleep here and there.

3. most likely the guys will do something horrible like insulting the heroines, judging them unworthy, cheap and so on. Yet the heroines forgive them anyway. GAH!

I wonder what the message Palmer is trying to con...more
Krista
This is the first book I read from the author the beginning was good I guess I kept waiting for it to get better but it sounded too much like a soap opera where there's a pregnancy, murder, affair, and characters are so and so's brother's friend's sister's friend's stepmother I don't know! I pretty much just started reading conversations, but it was to predictable and in the end left me wondering so does he really love her then? Or is he just replacing his dead girlfriend with Violet hoping he'l...more
Amanda Sheila
Good, but not reallytmy favorite.

Blake is lost when his assistant, Violet, quit and get a new job. He felt guilty and regrets for hurting her feeling. Violet can't handle Blake's remarks anymore. She realize that she's not pretty and not slim but she want some respects and she didn't get that from Blake. She had enough and she wants to get away from him no matter how much she loves him..

Good storyline but I don't feel the chemistry. I mean, in the end, Blake still have his former finacé haunti...more
Adriana Fogaça
Série Homens do Texas 32
A Tentação do Desejo
Diana Palmer

No começo fiquei muito chateada com Blake, essa mania de viver do passado e não perceber, o que o destino tava colocando a sua frente, me irritava profundamente. Mas como sempre, Diana Palmer sempre da um jeito para que nos apaixone pelo mocinho da história.

E nesse caso não é diferente. Sem esquecer de mencionar que Violet é uma fofa.

Também adoro este livro, porque além do romance de Blake e Violet, que é a história central da trama, há o...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Entah kenapa walau sudah membaca versi inggris dan terjemahan indonesia-nya, tetapi saya tetap menganggap buku ini kurang menarik, entah saya yg kurang mood membaca atau apa tp penggambaran karakter Blake yang menyebalkan membuat kita bener2 kasihan ma Violet. Walau temanya menarik dan terutama tergoda karena membaca kilasan2 kisah mereka pada buku Cattleman's Pride, tp ternyata kisah mereka sendiri bikin penasaran, sebenernya Blake gimana sih? karena sampe akhir pun dia gak pernah bilang cinta...more
Shahnaaz
Really liked Blake in the previous book but slightly disappointed with his character in this book. Was expecting more. Cash and Judd were hilarious though.
Tesa Walker
I liked reading this book. It could have had a little more action, but it was still worth reading.
Bean
Started good, but got boring in the middle. Half the book was about characters from other books.
Juanita
I know, I know. Another typical Diana Palmer, but it wasn't! I loved the "plus-sized" heroine. I loved her insecurities, and I loved how she fought back. I read this book in one day and I haven't been able to do that in a while. I guess I'm just a sucker for "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" type of romances. And this book gave me just that. The only disappointment for me was finding out that Duke Wright doesn't appear to have his story told yet...
nurmawati
Red
I guess Diana Palmer is a love hate relationship. I didn't even get the point to the book. It almost kinda felt like it was just thrown together. The plot was weak. The characters were even worse and the only reason that I finished this book is to see how bad of a train wreck it was. That being said I have read some of Diane Palmer's books that have had a really good story to it. So we shall see!
Jenny
Sweet, romantic and enjoyable.
Maddux
Um... Weird ass characters that I didn't really care for. And a man with cats is really not attractive.

If I had been the heroine of this story, I'd have told Mr. Blake Kemp to kiss my grits and to go and live happily ever after with his Siamese hellcats.

And then this short story would have been cut mercifully shorter. But that's just my opinion.
Katy Rustemeyer
So awkward & weird like a lifetime movie.. She totally told this sorry before and has again she told a very similar story in Justin's book with the lawyer and secretary. I love it each time she does it though let's be honest. Plus she rarely makes characters curvy. I liked that too see she can change!
Shadi
waste of time. I kept waiting for the climax of the story. Either for Blake to find resolution or violet to finally get pissed off enough and tell Blake to go to hell. not a very well written book, I doubt I'll ever read a DP book again.I like actual romance in my romance books.
Carmen
The hero was a complete jerk within the first 30 pages and so I chose not to waste my time. He "insinuated" to the girl who HE knows is infatuated with him, that she was fat. Yup! This on the first page. NO happy ending is worth that! Yuck! Love should come in all sizes DP. . .
Michelle Boone
I hated giving such a low rate, but I was mad most of the book lol. And I really didn't feel happy by the end. But I am still a huge DP fan and will continue to buy her books on release day since I have EVERY book she's ever released.
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Texan (Bitter Creek, #2)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • The McKettrick Way (McKettricks, #9)
  • The Desert Virgin (Presents) (Knight Brothers, #1)
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • Tall, Dark...Westmoreland!  (The Westmoreland, #15)
  • Ruthless Awakening
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers, #5)
  • Amber by Night (Silhouette Desire #1495)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab...more
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade