Start by marking “Better Off Famous?” as Want to Read:
Better Off Famous?

Better Off Famous?

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Fame is awesome, right? Partying every night at the hottest clubs.Hanging with the coolest stars. Having your picture in every magazine. Yeah, that's what Annie Hoffman thought too. Until she became a celebrity.

All Annie ever wanted for her sixteenth birthday was a driver’s license and a spot at Julliard’s prestigious high school violin program. Well, she got neither. But
Published October 30th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Better Off Famous?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Off Famous?

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen JohnsonSpeak by Laurie Halse AndersonSecrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen CalonitaTeen Idol by Meg Cabot
MPPL's YA "Express Yourself" Summer Reading 2009
34th out of 51 books — 65 voters
Not in the Script by Amy FinneganAudrey, Wait! by Robin BenwayAirhead by Meg CabotThe Fame Game by Lauren ConradBehind the Scenes by Dahlia Adler
YA Celebrities
27th out of 68 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Annie Hoffman can't seem to get anything right. She can't get her driver's license, making her the only almost sixteen-year-old without one, meaning it's back to the buses. She can't get into Juilliard, since apparently she doesn't have much talent playing the violin. She can't get the guy of her dreams to notice her. And she can't get out of her stupid school with its stupid lunches.

One thing Annie can do, though, is make a t
Jamie
Trisha
This is the third book I got out of the library this year, and I'm done with it. I really like Jane Mendle's writing style - it's funny and the character of Annie had me laughing a lot. I do think that her "woe is me" diva act was a bit overdramatic, but then she's a teen so she has a reasonable excuse. I was sort of assuming the paparazzi would have done something way worse to her to make her act that way with them, but then the whole point was that she was being a diva and not treating people ...more
Zo'e
In really liked it. It was a fun easy read and I read it in like an hour. One I could read again and I will totally be looking for more from this author in the future.
Allison Kong
The book Better off Famous? by Jane Mendle was a very interesting book to read. The author put a lot of description into the book and it made me want to keep on reading the book over and over again. The plot line is really interesting and intriguing and the characters are very cheerful, for the most part. Also, the book left a clear image in my mind when I finished it. In my opinion I really liked this book because of all of the characters and their personalities. New York, in my opinion, fit th ...more
Delyth Mckendrick
Am currently reading This right now only a few chapters in
Tori
a nice easy read.
Kath
This was the second book I'd read concerning a teen that had become famous and consequently turn her life upside down and as I didn't enjoy the first, I would definitely say I was wary approaching this text. However my worries were soon forgotten as I delved into this book. It had a steady plot, was written pretty well and ended on a good note with the hope of a bright future for the main character. Pretty good 3 star book :)
Rebecca
This book could have been good: the build up took a long time. The main character seemed to keep doing everything wrong, one thing after another. But the ending resolution happened way too fast compared to the build up. Suddenly everything was peachy and mistakes are fixed. Otherwise an okay book, but the ending was unrealistic.
Emily
The main character, Annie, is constantly referring to herself as a dork or inarticulate. Yes Annie, you are most definitely both. Congratulations! Now quit wasting time whining about these facts to others in hopes that they'll tell you otherwise. Get a dictionary and expand your vocabulary.
Cocomacha
Well, it is really a pretty good book. I kept flipping the pages wherever I went and eventually finished it in an hour. It's really good for teens and I love Annie's character where she learns from her mistakes and everything. Really good.
An excellent read for young adult fans. This story follows the main character from rags to riches and asks many of life's pondering questions.
Mari Cuthbert
It was an easy and fun read. I thought the author cleverly showed how easily it was to get caught up in the moment.
Emily
Amazing Book!!! Don't end up like the girl in this book!!!
Em
Sep 28, 2008 Em added it
This was pretty good
Liz Lenz
Actually not half bad
Binca
Binca marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Sarah added it
Dec 03, 2014
Jordan
Jordan is currently reading it
Nov 30, 2014
Booklover85
Booklover85 marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Hannah Barton
Hannah Barton marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
  • Meanicures
  • Maya Running
  • You & You & You
  • Cubanita
  • Confessions of a Hollywood Star (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #3)
  • Child X
  • My Life Starring Mum
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 6: True Things Adults Don't Want Kids to Know (Amelia Rules! #6)
  • Sellout
  • The Twelve Days of Stella (an Oh. My. Gods. short story)
  • When You Wish
  • Something to Blog About
  • Rules for Secret Keeping
  • The Exile of Gigi Lane
  • The Girls' Revenge (Boy/Girl Battle, #4)
  • Girl's Best Friend
  • Fangirl
  • Fancy White Trash
Jane Mendle is the author of the young adult novel Better Off Famous? and Kissing in Technicolor, a novel for adults.

She is a supervisor at the University of Oregon Psychology Clinic and holds a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Virginia. She lives in Eugene, Oregon.
More about Jane Mendle...
Kissing in Technicolor My Ultimate Sister Disaster: A Novel Küssen in Farbe