Start by marking “Beauty and the Duke” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Duke

Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss #1)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The face he shows the world is not the face she sees. . .

Once, ten years ago, they were young lovers, sharing sinful touches and desperate ecstasy. But he was bound by his promise to wed another. Since that fateful time, Christine Sommers has grown into a headstrong beauty, the kind of woman who thinks nothing of daring travels to the ends of the world. But for all her ach...more
Published July 28th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Duke

Char
Another winner from Melody---this book is definitely 4 and 1/2 stars. What kept it from being a 5 star is there wasn't quite enough interaction between H/h in the first third of the book and though the dialogue between the two was witty there wasn't quite enough of it. Oh, but Erik could almost (I said, almost) rival Michael from It Must Have Been the Moonlight (who is my all time fav hero). She sure knows how to write a hero.
Elli
Had to push & push myself to finish this book -- it kept skirting the DNF line. Female paleontologist is heroine, which gives it another angle, but the writing & storyline didn't work for me. And why oh why would there be fossils in a volcanic complex? Geesh--fails the geonerd test of authenticity.
Viohlet
May Mostly Romance
หนังสือเล่มนี้เป็นเล่มแรกในชุด Magical Bliss แต่ไม่ต้องคิดอะไรมากนะคะเพราะสิ่งที่เชื่อมแต่ละเล่มเข้าไว้ด้วยกันก็คือ แหวนที่เชื่อกันว่า สามารถมอบสิ่งที่ผู้สวมต้องการมากที่สุดให้ได้ ดังนั้นแม็กซ์จึงไม่แน่ใจว่า เล่มที่สองในชุดจะมีความเกี่ยวข้องกับเล่มนี้มากน้อยเพียงใด อาจจะเป็นเรื่องของตัวละครรองในเล่มนี้ (แต่แม็กซ์ก็ยังไม่เห็นแววใครโดดเด่นชัดเจน แต่อาจจะเป็นน้องสาวพระเอกก็ได้) หรืออาจเป็นเรื่องของคนอื่นไปเลยก็ได้ (เพียงแต่คนนั้นได้แหวนไป)

แต่เห็นพูดเกี่ยวกับแหวนที่ให้พรวิเศษได้ แฟนพารานอมอลก็ไม่ต้อ...more
Lover of Romance
After ten years, Christine is shocked to see the one man that showed her passion and love, but ended their young courtship to marry someone else. Christine, now recently losing her father, has taken over her father's work and over the past ten years has dedicated herself to the work as a Paleontologist. Erik comes to her with a proposal, that there is a marvelous find on his land that she can't resist, since it is part of her dream of being taken seriously as a scientists, however she must agree...more
Stephanie
This untraditional romance starts ten years AFTER our main characters hook up and break up. Wrapped up in an archeological murder mystery, this story explores for what people will sell their souls...in a light, romance-y, happy ending sort of way. It was refreshing to have a leading lady so oblivious to social convention and a hero smart enough to appreciate it. I do wonder, however, how accurate the archeology and paleontology ideas are. Still, all in all, a good read.
Kelly
It got better about 1/2 through the book. I liked how the MC wasn't a sap and the hero, while dominant in his own way, did everything for the MC even when she didn't know it. It closed up fairly fast after a few of the plot questions were cleared up.
Mary Vilarino
Enjoyed reading this book even if the ending petered out somewhat. I liked the interaction between Eric and Christine. The Beast was not such a beast and the beauty was not such a beauty but an independent miss who loved her beast.
Cassie
this could have easily been a favorite of mine...but something was missing. maybe more details? I cant seem to pin point it, but something or somethings were missing from this story.
Brooke Springer
It was an okay story, I just found it difficult to read at some points. I did not get the tension and problems that the main couple supposedly endured.
Carrie Felton
'Good but there are some slow parts. Wouldn't get a four if there weren't so many good quotes and funny scenes
SY
I love a smart heroine but hate long separations. There were Two wives in between her and the hero.
Christina
Loved the palenotology angle and the great, mysterious Scottish castle with secrets.
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
Not bad at all, would've given it 4 stars with a slightly altered ending.
Sam
Siti Sarah
Slow and boring book. But still OK to read it.
Isalys
Actual rating: 3.5 stars
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Laura Watson
Laura Watson marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Ana Renata
Ana Renata marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Jessica Bearden
Jessica Bearden marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
ladyanna7
ladyanna7 marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
  • The Duke's Captive (Winter Garden #4)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • With Seduction in Mind (Girl Bachelors, #4)
  • Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1)
  • Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2)
  • Tempting a Proper Lady (Brides of Nevarton Chase, #1)
  • Lessons From a Courtesan
  • Merely Married
  • At the Duke's Pleasure (The Byrons of Braebourne, #3)
  • The Mad, Bad Duke (Nvengaria, #2)
  • To Bed a Beauty (Courtship Wars #2)
  • To Marry the Duke (American Heiresses, #1)
  • The Making of a Duchess (The Sons of the Revolution, #1)
  • The Viscount's Wicked Ways
  • A Groom of One's Own (The Writing Girls, #1)
  • Wicked Becomes You
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses, #6)
Years after receiving my Criminal Justice degree from the University of Oklahoma , I discovered the
historical romance genre. True legends like M.M Kaye, Kathleen Woodiwiss, Judith McNaught, and
Penelope Williamson, sparked my love for writing and convinced me I wanted only to do one thing in
my life and that was to create great stories alive with grit and passion.

In the past, I've written western...more
More about Melody Thomas...
Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1) Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2) Passion and Pleasure in London (Charmed and Dangerous, #3) A Match Made in Scandal (Donally Family, #3) Must Have Been the Moonlight (Donally Family, #2)