Start by marking “Wereling (Wereling, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wereling (Wereling, #1)

Wereling (Changeling #1)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  1,522 Ratings  ·  130 Reviews
The first book in the Wereling series! A teenage boy's ordinary life and wrenched apart when he discovers that he is the last hereditary werewolf and that the most evil bloodthirsty vampire known to the netherworld wants him dead.

Fourteen-year-old Trey Laporte is not a kid anymore. Not after the day he wakes up in agony -- retina-splitting, vomit-inducing agony. His clothe
Published April 27th 2010 by Feiwel & Friends (first published January 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wereling, please sign up.

Kieran Ogg I am about to start reading it but my friend has read it and said its really good, and yes it is a series but for some reason some websites call the…moreI am about to start reading it but my friend has read it and said its really good, and yes it is a series but for some reason some websites call the series Changeling and others Wereling, its all the same. (less)

~Tina~
Fourteen year old, Trey Laporte woke up one day with pain radiating through out his entire body, feeling like he was in a train wreck he looked around to see that his room looked the exact same way.
Living in a care house, since he's been orphaned with no family three years ago, Trey was about to be sent to a correction services -aka The Tank- when an unexpected visitor, claiming to be his uncle, has come seeking Trey.
Lucien Charron is a man of mystery, and not all quite what he seems. He convinc
Katelyn
Apr 30, 2010 Katelyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Right from the start I have to say that above all else, reading Wereling has reminded me that trying something different often times ends up being a fantastic idea! Reading a male point of view is not something I'm used to, nor do I usually seek it out. I'm not quite sure why I picked this book up, I know it wasn't the cover (that kind of scared me) but whatever the reason, I'm just glad that I did.

It was a nice change of pace for me and a good break in routine from what I normally read. Feasley
Jacqueline Crawford
Nov 14, 2010 Jacqueline Crawford rated it did not like it
Shellan
Mar 16, 2014 Shellan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Das Cover ist sehr bunt und somit natürlich auch sehr auffällig. Ich persönlich finde das Cover etwas zu übertrieben - weniger ist manchmal mehr.

Die Charaktere dieses Buches sind echt nicht so das Gelbe vom Ei. Unser Hauptcharakter ist Trey - ein pubertärer 14 Jähriger. Er ist ein Werwolf und versucht meistens der große, tapfere Kerl zu sein - was ihm aber nicht immer geschieht. Dann gibt es da noch Lucien. Er ist ein Vampir und wirkt auf den Leser oftmals imposant und selbstbeherrscht. Seine To
A&E
Mar 22, 2010 A&E rated it liked it
Review by my brother Jake Kirk

This is one of those good news/bad news situations. Wereling is well written with complex characters, imaginative creatures and vivid description. On the other hand, it was slow and lacked action and suspense.

The first 70 to 100 pages sets up the story and that was just too long for me. His uncle has a lot of explaining to do and he takes his time about it. Our hero doesn't even change into a werewolf until half-way through the book.

By the time we find out the big
Cait
Aug 14, 2010 Cait rated it liked it
WERELING is the story of Trey, for all intents and purposes an ordinary boy. Until he isn’t. After one night where he wakes up aching and sick, he is suddenly whisked away by a stranger claiming to be his uncle. All too soon, Trey is living with the reality of vampires, demons and werewolves. The werewolf? Trey. His life? In danger from a power hungry vampire.

WERELING starts off strong. The description is great and Trey’s emotions come through bright and clear. Right from the start, we’re thrown
shayla
Jun 29, 2012 shayla added it
lost the the assignment guide so I'm putting just answers. I will redo this later if i can. Kinda confused about this project still.

1. Q: What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he or she is trying to get across to the reader?
A: Trust, Faith, not everything is what it seems

2. Q: In what ways do the events in the book reveal evidence of the author's world view?
A:That the author thinks there is more to the world than meets the eye.

3. Q: Did certain par
BookLoversLife
Jun 16, 2012 BookLoversLife rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasantly surprised with Changeling. It was a little slow in parts but yet kept me hooked. Im looking forward to book 2.
Deli Stryker
Feb 24, 2013 Deli Stryker rated it liked it
How I Stumbled Upon this Book
I was browsing through the young adult section of my library, skimming over the titles for something that caught my eye. If it were the title alone, I wouldn't have picked up this book. I'm not really into vampires, werewolves, or other paranormal creatures.

Actually, it was just after I had picked up Fahrenheit 451 that I saw this sitting on top of a stack on the bottom shelf. It should've been invisible to me, yet I pulled it off, looked at the title and scoffed tha
Jack Bailey
Jan 27, 2017 Jack Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Werewolves...Vampires...Demons...Witches...Sorceresses...Humans..., that is literally all there is to it, apart from the fact that young Trey Laporte discovers he just happens to be a lycanthrope, finding about all sorts of creatures from the netherworld.. but Caliban is the ultimate protagonist, he must be destroyed or humanity will be broken and enslaved by bloodthirsty vampires...
Erolyn
Oct 16, 2016 Erolyn rated it it was amazing
This story filled with Vamps, Werewolf action, and Demons has an amazing and hook-the-reader plot. Right when i saw the cover and read the description I knew I had to read it! It's not one of those Clichè Werewolf stories that reading too many of can be really irksome with the same plot. It's an awesome book so far and deserves more reads! ♡ ^_^ I got the book yesterday and I'm already 3/4 done with the book! XD
Rink Law
May 17, 2016 Rink Law rated it did not like it
Lord Ferrstark
Jan 06, 2014 Lord Ferrstark rated it it was ok
Leanne Bell
As much as i love a paranormal romance, occasionally, i just want to read a good fantasy horror which is, well, different. This book fit that category nicely, and had a few extra intersting points to it that i wasn't expecting.

In summary, Changeling is about a teenage boy called Trey Laporte, who, after his grandmother dies ends up in a care home. Fast-forward a few years and he wakes up in his room one day with the place trashed and the door still locked, with no clue as to how it got that way.
Suidpunt
Oct 29, 2016 Suidpunt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english
Vandag by die biblioteek uitgeneem.

'n Seun ontwaak in sy deurmekaar weeshuiskamer, met alles wat onverklaarbaar verskeur is. Hy word sekondes voor die weeshuis en sy inwoners die lug in geblaas word deur 'n stinkryk vampier in sy Lexus "ontvoer".

Trey LaPorte begin nou eers, omdat hy as jong tiener hoër testosteroonvlakke kry, onwillekeurig in 'n Weerwolf tydens volmaan te verander. Dit is die sogenaamde Wolfan-tipe (wat geen beheer oor sy instinkte en drifte het nie). Sy aard en natuur is reeds
Kayla
Jan 01, 2013 Kayla rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anybody who likes adventure and the supernatural
Shelves: vampires
Okay, it's not often I really get into a werewolf book, but this one sucked me in--so much so that I plowed through it in a single afternoon/evening after school. I don't usually write reviews, either, but I have a few things to say about this book.

I thought most of Trey's actions and reactions felt realistic--his reaction to the trashing of his room, his freaking out over finding out about the supernatural world. One thing I didn't find as convincing was how quickly Trey became an adept fighter
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Dec 21, 2009 Lisa (A Life Bound By Books) rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, arc
For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books

Wereling was an action packed story about a fourteen year old boy who is not only an orphan but just happens to be a werewolf. Of course he doesn’t know about his werewolf second nature and as things start to go crazy in his life - in walks someone who claims to be his long lost uncle Lucien, who just happens to have a secret of his own – that he’s a vampire.

With werewolves, vampires, demons and various other
Faye
May 08, 2011 Faye rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I'm not really sure where to start with my review for 'Wereling' by Steve Feasey. I loved it in the beginning. It was so good and had such an amazing build up. It came highly recommended to me so I was expecting more. However, by the end of the book I found myself disinterested. I really liked some of the characters-like Trey-but was completely unaffected by others. At one point, there is a traumatic thing that happens to one of the main characters, but I didn't react to it...at all. I just read ...more
Sherry
Mar 25, 2010 Sherry rated it really liked it
WEREling starts off right in the action. That's my favorite thing so there was no waiting for the hook in this one and I was interested in continuing on right after I started reading. The descriptions within this book are amazing. I kept finding myself looking forward to all of the instances in the book where Trey would have to shift because while reading, I could visualize everything that was going on. Not only the situations with Trey but with everything, including character and location descr ...more
°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・
The beginning was kind of interesting introducing a troubled teen. It was nice and interesting description. Liked how Lucian is also introduced into the book. Made him a very sophisticated and mysterious character. (view spoiler) However, this kind of loses the appeal after a while. It just starts to get pretty slow and bo ...more
Ally
Apr 25, 2013 Ally rated it really liked it
Wereling..

description

First of all, when I look at the cover of this book, I thought of the creepy boy on the cover. I thought of the moon behind him. I thought of his eyes. I thought of the full moon. But most of all? I thought of the title.

Wereling. Wereling. This book is something new. It gives a twist to the werewolf tale. It also gives a twist the demon world. Vampires, naturally, pop in time to time. Witches and all that good spells and the bad spells and curses. All those good stuff.

To me, this boo
Emily
Jul 21, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-books
WEREling was one of those books that struck all my sensitive areas at once, so to speak. Shapeshifter hero? Got it. Paranormal conflict? All over it. Blossoming teenage love interest. More, please. Male protagonist who isn't a creep or a bizarrely perfect weirdo? Excellent. The raw material was all there but at the end of the day I found that WEREling had a tough time delivering on its promise.

I think most of my issues stemmed from the erratic pacing of this story. We start off meeting Trey as h
Kate
Jul 25, 2010 Kate rated it it was ok
WEREling, by Steve Feasey, is a fast-paced adventure surrounding a fourteen-year-old boy and his supernatural genetics. Trey is thrust into a world of paranormal proportions in a matter of hours he is overwhelmed by a whirlwind of information as he discovers that his life is in grave danger.

When I received this book, I was excited to read another werewolf story, but this book let me down.

On the positive side, I liked the idea of the story. Feasey really stretched my imagination with his characte
Hunter Lovanh
Jan 04, 2016 Hunter Lovanh rated it really liked it
Personally I'm not really passionate about reading, especially about books on werewolves, vampires, and magic, but this book might have made me reconsider that thought. Thanks to Steve Feasey, he’s helped me realize that you’re never too old to read books like these. Feasey was able to create a just amount of suspense that made you want to keep reading and made me want to read more after he ended the book with a cliff hanger. Throughout the book, Steve Feasey uses strong choices of diction in or ...more
Audrey
When orphan Trey Laporte wakes up with his room trashed, he has no clue that he’s both the cause and the victim. After his discovery, his day becomes even stranger. He’s rescued aggressively from the home where he stays by a suave by scary vampire, Lucien Charron, who claims to have known Trey’s parents. He also tells Trey that he’s in mortal danger. Trey must learn to quickly master his newly discovered lycanthrope nature if he’s to have any chance of surviving an attack from the monster who ki ...more
Zaid
Jun 22, 2013 Zaid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book because I have a interest in werewolves and the art on the front cover was cool.This book was recommended by a member of my family who also finds werewolves interesting.

The book follows Trey, the main character who eventually discovers that he is a werewolf. The only pure blood still in existence. He is helped on this journey by his new vampire mentor Lucien Charon and the big tough guy Tom Callaghan, one of the few humans that I came across in this book. This new family is try
Katie
Dec 19, 2009 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, arc
Wereling was a surprisingly good book. I know that sounds negative but when I started the book I honestly didn't expect to like it. I don't really know why my expectations were so low but as I read the book I realized that they were very wrong. By the time I reached the end I didn't want to stop reading.

Trey Laporte is a normal teenager or at least he thinks he is. That all changes one morning when he wakes up to find his room trashed and mysterious Lucien Charron shows up claiming to be his unc
Kogiopsis
I have this issue with rating things two stars.
For me, three stars is 'it was okay' and one is 'loathed it; don't ever pick this up if you value your sanity'. So visually, a two star rating looks bad to me. This explanation is just so you know that this book falls under the category of 'it was okay' but is rated higher for the above reasons.

There's not much to say about this book. (Other than Goodreads really, really didn't want to let me find it. Took forever to pull up the listing.) It's defin
Kristen
Jul 04, 2010 Kristen rated it really liked it
Why I read this: I've been a little into the werewolf books lately and thought I'd give this one a try. It's also a debut novel! :)

Plot: How would you feel if your life was even more messed up than usual? That's how Trey feels when he is pulled out of the group home he was living in and thrown into a world full of vampires, werewolves, and demons. The story is filled with action, learning how to control the wolf inside him, and trying to find a place where he belongs.

Characters: Trey seems like
Eleni ( La Femme Readers )
Apr 12, 2010 Eleni ( La Femme Readers ) rated it really liked it
Wereling delivered an engaging storyline with detailed and explosive action. Trey, an orphaned teen, wakes up one day to have his whole life turned upside down. His "uncle" Lucien, who is a vampire, revealed to him that he was a werewolf. A lot to swallow in one day right? Trey didn't surprise me by his reaction of wanting to run away, that would be my initial response as well. I enjoyed his realistic behavior and willingness to deal with the crazy changes. Lucien made it his business to protect ...more
  • The World of Alice (Alice, #1-4)
  • Birth of the Pack (Weregirls, #1)
  • The Eternal Tomb (Oliver Nocturne, #5)
  • Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story
  • Wounded (The Wereling, #1)
  • The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group
  • Do-Over
  • Alyxandra Harvey Collection (Drake Chronicles, #1-3; Haunting Violet, #1)
  • Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2)
  • Vampire Kisses - Blood Relatives: Complete Edition
  • Emily the Strange: Rock Issue (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #4 - The Rock Issue)
  • Animal Academy: Hakobune Hakusho, Volume 1
  • On Fire: A Teen Wolf Novel
  • Shelter (Blood Haze, #1)
  • Raven's Gate   The Graphic Novel (Power Of Five)
Steve Feasey was born in Watford, Hertfordshire, UK in 1968. From a modest background, he found escape in books, and spent much of his time in his local library. Always an avid reader, he only began writing in his late thirties, but was fortunate to land a publishing deal for his very first book, Changeling.

More about Steve Feasey...

Changeling (6 books)
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
  • Blood Wolf (Changeling, #3)
  • Demon Games (Changeling, #4)
  • Zombie Dawn (Changeling, #5)
  • Steve Feasey Collection: Dark Moon, Blood Wolf, Changeling, Changeling Demon Games (Changeling, #1-4)

“Alexa had rushed off downstairs following the telephone call, and Lucien explained to Trey that she had been researching this Ring of Amon for some time now and that she would need to see the new data. The” 1 likes
“The Ring of Amon,” Lucien answered. “It’s an ancient artifact from the Netherworld. It was believed to have been destroyed a very long time ago. The ring, when used in conjunction with a particular incantation, has the power to change people: It reverses their moral compass, and makes normal people do things that they would never have contemplated before falling under its spell. The ring has the power to unlock all the potential for rage and evil that people have. Normal people—good people—will commit acts of vile butchery on those around them, even those they love and hold dear. We think that Caliban hopes to use the ring to turn humankind against itself. And when he has done so, he wishes to create a vampire dynasty within the realm: a vampire empire with himself as ruler.” 0 likes