Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings/Fate Calls (The Calling, #6.5)

Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings/Fate Calls (Holiday With A Vampire #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  21 reviews
'TIS THE SEASON TO TAKE A WALK ON THE DARK SIDE...Silhouette Nocturne is proud to present these two sensual, heartwarming tales of love during the holiday season. True, the heroes may not wear red suits or be very jolly. But tall, dark and handsome, with the unusual power to thrill, can sometimes be the best gift of all.

In "Christmas Cravings" by Maureen Child, a vampire f...more
ebook, Nocturne #29
Published July 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Holiday With A Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday With A Vampire

Mary Tillman
Christmas Cravings - Maureen Child
There seemed to be a lot going on in the background of the 2 main characters, and Ms. Child wants to cram it all into 120+ pages.

Parts of the story seemed very forced to me. I found the ending to be trite.

2 stars

Fate Calls - Caridad Pineiro
130 pages covering 5 days - nothing like rushing a romance (not to mention the whole forcing the girl into your apartment and then tying her to the bed so she can't leave).

2 stars

I need to stop reading Harliquin romances. The...more
S.L.
Really more of a 2.5 star rating overall, but I'm rounding up.

This year is my year to try and clean out a serious backlog of TBRs. As a result, I have a feeling I will be constantly smacking into stylistic choices, particularly in my category reading, that have been phased out some seven or eight years later.

I feel that way a little with this two-author anthology. I am usually a fan of both Maureen Child and Caridad Piniero, but neither novella really worked for me this time.

Oddly, in oppositi...more
Cheryl
I love vampires, but the ending in the first story was a bit unrealistic. Caridad's story was more enjoyable.
Kathy
Kim
In Christmas Cravings, when Grayson Stone returns to rural Wyoming for his annual Christmas visit, he discovers that the home he built with his own hands over a century ago has a new owner. Not knowing who or what he was, and with baggage of her own, Tessa takes him in and helps him in his time of need. Neither one of them expected the holiday to change their lives.

There was much about Tessa that I identified with and I enjoyed the way her personna was developed throughout the story. I loved her...more
Ruth Violet
spoiler alert!!!!! the 1st story was christmas cravings-maureen child. first off wow! i loved this one is for sure. this is the 1st story i have read from her is was soo awesome. tessa what a wonderful character. she is soo gutsy. she had come off an abusive relationship. even though she only went out with"justin" twice. she could tell he was evil and not right. he stalked her for years. he killed her dog. killed her best friend. so she had to move time and again. and change her name so many tim...more
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
Usually, I find novels much more appealing than short stories, since there’s ample attention devoted to character development, world-building, and so forth. Occasionally, however, I do enjoy treating myself to the short literary form, especially in the case of romance, whether paranormal or not.

This book, the first in a series dealing with Christmas and vampires, contains two stories, as do the subsequent two volumes. The idea of combining the undead with the holy, joyful season of Christmas is...more
Tasneem
The first story by Maureen Child is well written but it is full of cliches and the ending was emotionally trite. I did find the plot too dense and too much took place for a short stroy. More about the characters, less emotional cliches would have helped. 2 stars.

The second story by Caridad Pineiro however was of a much better quality. The history of Hadrian is well told and the romance with Connie well brought out. She is his Christmas miracle, not because of any Christian belief, but because of...more
Netanella
This review is for "Christmas Cravings" only, which I would give 2 1/2 stars, rounded up to 3 stars for efficiency's sake. A semi-suicidal vampire is rescued on the front lawn of a bed 'n' breakfast by the new owner, who takes him in and stitches him up. She discovers he's a vampire when he smolders a little in the sunlight, but she's good with that, because he's intense and sexy and they share some static electricity when they touch. Besides, she has a real monster stalking her, a human psychop...more
Jenn
I liked the first story and how he became a vampire bodyguard. That was cool.

The 2nd story kind of let me down with the whole kidnapping thing. I like the vampires that have the women go to them willingly.
Megan
"Christmas Cravings" by Maureen Child - 1 star. Sorry, I just couldn't get into the story. I felt the plot was slow as was the romance. Couldn't finish it. Pages survived: 60.

"Fate Calls" by Caridad Pineiro - 3 stars. Good, but not great, could have been much better. An ancient Roman vampire, Hadrian is beyond annoyed with an incessant bell-ringing Santa. When he discovers that its beautiful Connie he kidnaps her for his own.
Misti
Oh god, the first story just dragged on and on. I never finished this but it's stuck on my Kindle, so I guess maybe someday I'll come back to it and give it another try.
Elke
Both stories are ok, but I liked the first story best because it brought a better christmas mood. Thus it would have been better to put the first story at the end.
Flien
Written really easy, but a nice story. Kinda expected the end, but it happened in a slightly different way then I would have thought
Emily
I didn't finish this book and I probably won't, so that's why I marked it as finished. Cheesy at best.
Candy
My friend Dy thought she'd be a smart ass and chose this one for our book club. I'm reading it under duress.
Cheryl
2 Vampire stories in ONE book! How awesome!! Great stories. Love it.
Mary Cathie
Fate Calls Was a good read
Pam
Dec 08, 2007 Pam marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
12/08/07 rec via bookmooch
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Bea
Bea marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Leonie Burlace
Leonie Burlace marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Sweetpea41
Sweetpea41 marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Jan
Jan added it
Jul 26, 2014
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
  • Holiday with a Vampire III (Secret Vampire Society #2)
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • The Vampire's Quest (Valorian Chronicles #4)
  • Dark Truth (Warriors for the Light #2)
  • Wild Hunt (Unbound #3)
  • Scions: Resurrection (Scions #1)
  • Familiar Stranger (Dark Enchantments #1)
  • Awakening the Beast (The Calling, #6.6)
  • Lord of the Desert (Immortal Sheiks #1)
  • Dream Stalker (The Tracker #1)
  • Sentinels: Lion Heart (Sentinels #2)
  • Damned (Witch Hunt #3)
  • Dangerous Temptation (Daughters of Myth #1)
  • The Empath (Draicon Werewolves, #1)
NY Times and USA Today Bestseller Caridad Pineiro is a Jersey Girl who just wants to write, travel, and spend more time with family and friends. Caridad is the author of over 40 novels/novellas and loves romance novels, super heroes, TV and cooking. Caridad writes dark and sexy romantic suspense and paranormal romances for those who live to love on the edge. Her sweet, but still naughty side, Char...more
More about Caridad Piñeiro...
Sins of the Flesh (Sin Hunters #1) The Lost (Sin Hunters, #3) Stronger than Sin (Sins Hunters, #2) Darkness Calls (The Calling, #1) Blood Calls (The Calling #6)