Start by marking “The Dollar Meltdown: Surviving the Impending Currency Crisis with Gold, Oil, Andother Unconventionalinvestments” as Want to Read:

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The "New York Times" bestseller-an investment book for the coming age of high inflation.
On the heels of the most recent economic crisis, America is headed toward another: high inflation and dollar devaluation. The signs are clear: Federal debt is compounding while growth has stalled, and America's foreign creditors are questioning the dollar's reserve currency status. Me
Published October 29th 2009 by Portfolio (first published September 23rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dollar Meltdown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dollar Meltdown

Rajan Srinivasan
This is a very important book that makes a bold, and accurate I believe, prediction on the future of the US dollar. I've listened to Mr. Goyette a lot on Internet clips and find him a straight talker. I'd like to compare this book with Peter Schiff's Crashproof. Both books are similar, this one doesn't as deep as the other and hence the 4 stars. However, the simplicity of language makes it an easier read for those reading the ideas presented here for the first time.
Michelle
Very interesting and informative. Right now Gold is at 1000 dollars an ounce so that tells you something about the value of the dollar. The book explains why the dollar is depreciating, why Gold is such a valuable investment and what kind to buy, where to store it,how to store it, etc. As Ron Paul said, this book is a must read.
Jason
Mar 17, 2010 Jason rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Conservative investors with a pessimistic outlook
Okay, you're in 1 of 2 camps about the US economy. You either think it's about to tank, or you don't. If you think trouble's ahead, then The Dollar Meltdown is for you.

Charles Goyette has spent his entire adult career studying the market and working different stints as a financial advisor. He's hosted a talk radio show about economics for almost 20 years. Two endorsements for the book are from Jim Rogers and Mike "Mish" Shedlock, a couple of contrarian investors that I've followed for years. De
Christopher Obert
This is a truly frightful book telling the truth behind that weakness of the dollar. Charles explains the true size of the United States’ deficit not being around 20 trillion but around 100 trillion! He does not play politics and shows how the problem has slowly grown from one administration to the next; regardless who the ruling power was, Republican or Democrat! He describes events and policies that are building today that could possibly bring down this fragile house of cards. If you have doll ...more
Donna
In The Dollar Meltdown, Charles Goyette discusses some interesting causes for the devaluation of the American dollar. Regardless of the political aspects described in his book, he offers a solution to balance one's portfolio by investing in precious metals, commodities, hard assets, and inverse strategies. The Dollar Meltdown was an interesting read of a frightening future for the economy.
Sam
An entertaining & informative Austrian/goldbug analysis of the last crash & possibly the next, along with some advice about how to protect oneself from hyperinflation (I found the yuan & interest rate ETFs particularly intriguing). The value of the US dollar has fallen by over 90% since the Federal Reserve was created a century ago, while the economy has grown enormously.

Lynne
Quite interesting so far. It's written in a clear and informative way. I chose to read this book because I want to learn as much as I can about the economy and how I can preserve what little I've managed to acquire up till now.
Rick
Woahh.. One of my mentors recently recommended this book. What a great read - I thoroughly enjoyed this updated perspective/education from one of the nations leading macro economists. This is a valuable read.
Terry Moffitt
Excellent, readable, frightening analysis of what is happening to the US dollar and those our monetary and financial system. Well written and understandable without pulling punches. I highly recommend this book.
Dave
Interesting predictions about the collapse of the dollar due to irresponsible creation of money by the Federal Reserve. Also describes actions you can take to protect your assets if the collapse happens.
Mitchell Rubin
A bit sensational. Don't read this one without also reading "The Age of Deleveraging" by Shilling. Completely, contrary views.
Bud Hewlett
A little dated (2009) but still a fantastic book.
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Rayetta
Rayetta marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
John Garvens
John Garvens marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
David West
David West marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Walter Weston
Walter Weston marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
K Daniels
K Daniels marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Orsen
Orsen marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Red and Blue and Broke All Over: Restoring America's Free Economy The Dollar Meltdown: Surviving the Impending Currency Crisis with Gold, Oil, and Other UnconventionalInvestments