Start by marking “Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)” as Want to Read:
Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)

Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California #6)

3.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  533 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Everyone did Jefferson King's bidding. Except the folks in a certain Irish village he'd bought for his latest production. And when the movie mogul arrived in town, he discovered why everyone had turned against him. He'd gotten one of their own pregnant.True, it looked as though he'd been avoiding Maura Donohue's phone calls; he was a busy billionaire. It didn't have anythi ...more
Paperback, Silhouette Desire, #1978, 186 pages
Published November 1st 2009 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Wedding at King's Convenience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding at King's Convenience

Andrea Guy
Feb 17, 2010 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing
Maureen Child's Wedding At King's Convenience has to be one of the best Silhouette Desires that I've read in a long time.

Maureen wrote all of the characters well, not only just Maura Donohue and Jefferson King, but all their siblings and the townspeople of Craic, Ireland.

This was a book that was hard to stop reading, and that's saying quite a bit as it was the first full length eBook that I've read. So it really kept me staring at the computer screen. I wanted to know what happened next, but mos
LaFleurBleue
May 23, 2014 LaFleurBleue rated it liked it
There were some interesting moments, especially that when Jefferson came back to Ireland while the movie shoot was in a huge turmoil and the whole village rejected him.
However there were also plenty of other moments that I did not like that much. The first part of the book when Maura held on the negotiation to keep Jefferson under hand because she was attracted to him did not feel like foreplay and attraction to me, more like stubbornness and greediness combined.
I could not understand, nor accep
Blodeuedd Finland
I think when I was 10 and liked harlequins I would have been all awww. But now, well it was good, but come on!

Maura lives in Ireland. Jefferson is a big shot from Hollywood and he is trying to get her to let them film on their farm. We actually meet them when they have know each other for almost a week. They do it, and goes their separate ways. And Maura was all in love and he was all I can't love. You only knew each other for a week, come on!

And of course she is preggers. It is so weird how fas
Holly
After finishing JoAnn Ross' Castlelough trilogy I was in the mood for another Ireland-set contemporary. Unfortunately this didn't work as well as Ross' series did.

I didn't care for the arrogant way the hero acted, nor the way he expected the heroine to fall in line with his plans. I expected some romance, and instead got a demanding hero, prickly-yet-somewhat-pathetic heroine and an unbelievable HEA. Why she was "in love" with him is beyond me, and his reasons for holding himself back from love
Kiran Kumili
Dec 15, 2014 Kiran Kumili rated it liked it
The author is a native American writer who loves writing happy ended love stories.

Storyline: Maura Donahue, owner of a large picturesque farmland in Ireland, one day is encountered by the owner of a large film studio from New York, Jefferson King, in order to hire her farm to shoot his forthcoming film. Though initially Maura declines the huge commercial offer from Jefferson, she later budges to the same, when she finds that she is in love with the handsome and powerful King. She signs a contrac
Poonam
Sep 11, 2012 Poonam rated it it was amazing

I love the story. It was really emotional seeing how Maura love him so much and Jefferson not seeing that he is in love with her too. I kept on reading , wanting to know what happens next. Just love the ending part too . All in all it was a good read .I felt touched when Jefferson realises his love for Maura and all this heart emotional meeting again. (sigh):)
Silke Juppenlatz
I liked it, but I didn't love it.
In fact, Maura annoyed me. A lot.
I'm not sure why, and though I agreed with her on a lot of stuff, she still managed to annoy me.
Jefferson did too.
It's a good read, but not something I'd pick up again.
And for what it's worth... I *hate* the title.
If you like secret baby stories, you'll probably like it.
Kaycee Sapinoso
It was an okay read. Both storyline and characters kept me interested enough to finish this.

Jefferson King was used so used to getting what he wants and he would do everything to convince Maura to marry him. I liked the fact that he was man enough to accept the responsibility I just don't like the way he asked her to marry him expecting that Maura will just comply to his wishes. Another thing I don't like was the way he kept using his dead wife just to justify what he did to Maura.

As for Maura
Emma
Dec 02, 2009 Emma rated it it was amazing
This is a pefect exemple of how good a Category romance can be. Maura the high spirited irish heroine is amazing. I want to be her !!lol
Dee
Originally read in June 2011 and rated with 2 stars. Re-read this in August 2013 and still thought it was just ok!
Samantha
Dec 17, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Brilliant .. Glad he figured himself out in the End ;)
Kimm
Oct 03, 2010 Kimm rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I acquired this book through Mills & Boons as part of their free book giveaway.

This book may be part of a series, but can certainly be read independently of the others. It follows Jefferson and Maura. He wants to use her land as a backdrop to shoot his movie. She wants to watch him sweat it out while she makes up her mind about it. It’s a lot of money, but she’s stubborn and doesn’t give in to the first handsome face that comes around.

She finally concedes and it’s bound to come to the point
Jane
Jan 17, 2012 Jane rated it liked it
Shelves: 3

Jefferson King, a high flying American, really wanted to hire the use of Maura’s land in Ireland for his latest production and was surprised when she said no to his people. He decided to head out and persuade her him self and after much negotiating the deal was sealed and the couple celebrated …. Together!! Jefferson went back home totally oblivious to the fact that their night of passion had resulted in a pregnancy, and true to form he had been avoiding Maura’s attempts to contact him. The firs
Joan
I mean.. Jefferson King is educated, wealthy, a man of the world.. and he doesn't think about using .....

A CONDOM!!!

Idiot. (And so was she.)

The insta-lurve was off-putting, the characters were unbearably clichéd and twee. More Irish than the Irish themselves in places.

(I have one serious question though. If an American writer is writing an Irish person, should that person 'think' and speak in UK English?
It threw me a bit to read Maura thinking about 'tires' (tyres) )
Mem
Apr 06, 2016 Mem rated it it was amazing
D1978 Nov09 Kings of California #6 Jefferson King and Maura Donohue, he is a movie mogul in Ireland to rent her farm for the movie he's producing. When the village finds out he's avoided her calls trying to tell him he's left her pregnant. The villiage is up in arms over his callous treatment of one of their own.
Amruta
Apr 05, 2014 Amruta rated it really liked it
Maura a head strong character.... I like her.... i like the passion that is portrayed... compelling read... i've read it thrice in 1 year...
Chantal Halpin
Jan 04, 2013 Chantal Halpin rated it liked it
I liked the heroine, Maura, she didn't take any crap. Jefferson King, the male main character was a tool though.

I liked the Irish setting. Both of my parents are Irish and I tend to look for mistakes, such as a peat fire doesn't give off much light so you wouldn't be able to see much from it and all the O'Shay's I know spell their names 'O'Shea' and Ireland really isn't some king of fairytale/third world country as it is so often painted. But otherwise the pickings were fairly slim.

The cover an
Sheyla Costa
Feb 21, 2016 Sheyla Costa rated it really liked it
A lovely continuation. I adored The chemistry, and the fact that neither main character was a pushover.
Brinel
Sep 10, 2014 Brinel added it
Cant put down till end ... Nice book
Nell
Apr 23, 2011 Nell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have given this five stars except for one error in the book that jerked me out of the story. Other than that it was well written with great characterisation and a lovely warm feeling. However the medical error which had a 3 month pregnant woman working with lambs and sheep meant it lost a star.
SheLove2Read
Jan 17, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
This was a quick read - only 186 pages - but pretty good for a Desire romance. Set in Ireland. I thought the hero was kind of arrogant in his treatment of the heroine, with the usual "i will never love again" tripe, but it turned out to be a good story overall.
Barbara
Jan 03, 2014 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice sweet read.. it's not a modern novel just updated to fit in but a classic tell.
Anand
Aug 09, 2012 Anand rated it it was ok
This book intends to speak much on romance wherein it really disappointed me . Had a bad experience after reading this book. The story gettin' unneccessarily dragged in the middle. Not a good experience of reading this book.
Cedar
Nov 11, 2012 Cedar rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
this was terrible... The way Maura (and I hate the name) was written, I thought she was an old lady for most of the book. I mentally had to drag myself back into, no she's like twenty something young.
Dee
Aug 07, 2012 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies, romance
Two-haiku review:

Movie firm owner
Wants to use her farm for film
She really wants him

Plenty of heat here
Strong, hard-working heroine
Who won't take his crap
Tia
Sep 07, 2012 Tia rated it did not like it
I have to be honest and say I found the book and the characters downright pathetic. It was a waste of a time reading for me. Not my cup of tea at all.
Sara Winters
Feb 02, 2012 Sara Winters rated it liked it
A sexy and sweet read. There were times I wondered why Maura didn't hit Jefferson over the head with the nearest handy object.
Neha Gupta
the story is gud,,specially i like maura part alot..her speeches was like a tit for tat against jefferson king,,,
KatLynne
This was a free ebook from Sony. Enjoyed the characters and the location (small coastal town in Ireland).
Mzpastrychef
May 15, 2011 Mzpastrychef rated it liked it
Jefferson King final meets his match..and love match in this novel! It was a very good book..will read again
  • Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1)
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • Bought: Destitute Yet Defiant
  • Wicked Rake, Defiant Mistress
  • Dante's Marriage Pact (The Dante Legacy, #7)
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • From Playboy to Papa! (Silhouette Desire, #1987) (Man of the Month)
  • The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landis Brothers, #4)
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
  • Falling for His Proper Mistress (Dynasties: The Jarrods #2)
  • Executive's Pregnancy Ultimatum (Kings of the Boardroom #2)
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • Emergency: Wife Lost and Found
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Exposed: Her Undercover Millionaire (The Takeover, #5)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Kings of California (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • Falling for King's Fortune (Kings of California, #3)
  • Conquering King's Heart (Kings of California, #4)
  • Claiming King's Baby (Kings of California, #5)
  • The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California, #7)
  • Cinderella & the CEO (Kings of California, #8)
  • King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #9)
  • Ready for King's Seduction (Kings of California, #10)
  • The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California, #11)