Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Rogue (Shifters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rogue (Shifters, #2)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Rogue (Shifters #2)

by
4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  13,805 ratings  ·  625 reviews
There's a reason we
have the rules we have,
and apparently you're it.


Rebellious werecat Faythe is shocked when the bodies of murdered men begin turning up in her Pride’s territory, especially as the killings can be traced back to her former life as an ordinary college student. But could a message from an old friend provide a chilling clue?

Faythe knows that a past indiscret
...more
Mass Market Paperback, 394 pages
Published September 2009 by MIRA Books (first published April 1st 2008)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 3,000)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Theresa
Apr 09, 2008 Theresa rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody that likes selfish, moronic female leads.
Shelves: fantasy, 2008, tgif
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Emily May
I'm not going to write a lengthy review of this because I already said pretty much everything I wanted to in my review of Stray. I will just pause to remind everyone that Jace is sexy awesomeness and Marc is a whiny control freak.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
I have been more than pleased with this series--although I am only
2 books into it. I like the fact that Faythe seems to be embracing her
roots & her status as possible future leader of the Pride. I have enjoyed
watching her transformation from the whiny brat-like twenty something
who is in serious need of a reality check to the more mature leader
who is learning when to hold and when to fold...she hasn't perfected
the art of diplomacy, but she is working on it.

I thought the plot of this boo
...more
AH
3.5 stars, just because of the last part of the book

I wasn’t sure how to rate this book. I took a peek at my status updates and they were about the main character Faythe’s level of too-stupid-to-live moments. Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate Faythe – she just drove me a little bonkers. I actually did like this character. She is snarky, she is strong, she is also a little vulnerable. I also enjoyed her thought processes, even though some of her decisions made me want to scream. Faythe’s self
...more
Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
Okay, so Faith has decided to stay on in the pack for a few years trial and seems to have given up on ever returning to college basically. Maybe it’s back in her mind somewhat but she seems to have shrugged off most inhibitions and objections that she held in the first book. It seems her father is training her to be an enforcer and eventual pack leader, which is unheard of for a tabby (female).

I’m still not crazy about her personality, but the story for this one rocks more than the first. She r
...more
Jane
Book one of this series dragged a bit for me, but the premise was interesting enough to have me pick up book 2. Rogue has tighter writing/plotting and I really enjoyed the book. If the protagonist, Faythe, is sometimes a bit too self-centered, I forgave it because it feels like the author is going to take her through an arc that will have her mature.

Other reviewers have not liked Faythe's response to Marc's (love interest) needs, and though I agree that she isn't giving him everything he says he
...more
Buqet
Gel pisi pisi ...
Konusundan bahsetmek gerekirse , Faythe'in başı yine belada ama bu belaları bilmeden de olsa kendi başına açıyor. Bizim Gururun şehrinde birileri serseri öldürüp , striptizci 'masum' kızları kaçırıyordur. Olaylar göz ardı edilemeyecek hale gelince Gururun Alfası ve Faythe'in babası Greg duruma el koyuyor. Bu katil ve kız kaçıran adamı bulmak için harekette geçiyorlar. Yalnız aradıkları kişi , aslında düşündükleri kişi değil. Hatta adam aslında adam bile değil.

Ben bu kitabı çok
...more
MISS VAIN
Can I get a Marc for myself if Faythe doesn't want him??!! ;-)
Esra
Güzel bir kitaptı. yalnız okuyanların şunu iyi bir anlamasını isterim. Bu karakterler normal insanlar değiller! :D bunu neden mi söyledim. şu sebepten. okuduğum yorumlarda faythe (adıda bir acaip zaten) 'in marc ile olan ilişkisinde haklı çıkarılan taraf hep dişi kedimiz oluyor. Marc ve babası onu evliliğe zorluyor diye taşa tutulan hep onlar oluyor. Bu krakterler şekil değiştiren cinsinden. türlerinde dişilerde çok nadir bulunuyor ve hayatta kalma iç güdüsünün temeli olan üreme ile türü devam e ...more
Selin
Okuduğum en iyi kitaplardan biriydi seride bariz bir gelişme var her şey seviyeli,espiriler beni gerçekten güldürtyor ve kitabı kaliteli yapan şey öyle büyük sözler kusursuz edebi bilgiler değil,yazarın son derece rahat ve gerçekçi yazmış olmasıydı,zorlama,kasma yoktu akıcılığı basitlikten değildi,profesyonelliği hissettim keşke böyle kitaplar daha çok olsa...
Baskıya ve çeviriye gelirsek;baskı iyiydi,elimi dolduran bir kitaptı sayfalar kalın ve kaliteliydi,kapak iyiydi ,orjinal olması da ayrı gü
...more
Onur Birler
Çok sevdim ben bu seriyi ya :D İlaç gibi geldi resmen :D
LMM
Meh. This book pretty much bored me. I'd give it 2.5 stars. However, considering there aren't as many series about women Were's, Vincent is running an awfully similar parallel storyline (in some areas) as Kelley Armstong's, were series Bitten, Stolen etc. which is pretty lame.

Makes sense I didn't like it all that much. I had a hard time warming to Elena & the same thing is happening with Faythe. So if Elena was Vincent's model, which it sure seems like she was - than no wonder I feel lukewa
...more
Suz
Cliff hanger type set up for next book. Series should be renamed Dysfunction Junction. Faythe is still too stupid to live and it's used as a plot pacing device. Any movement in EVERY relationship in the series is based on emotional dysfunction and drama. The only tension that was in this drab book was the emotional over reacting in the romance. Faythe once again made everything worse, and put everyone in more danger, because she prefers to avoid seeing or speaking about reality until she is forc ...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

Faythe has been receiving mysterious phone calls from someone in her past, but it's something she can't deal with and certainly something she can't tell her boyfriend Marc. Especially as a bunch of missing strippers, strippers who look a lot like Faythe, seem to be missing and a sudden increase in murdered strays seems to be appearing, the only thing that seems to link them seems to be Faythe.

Since I started this series I have been told that it gets better as it goes on. It seems that
...more
Wendy Darling
Still annoyed by Faythe and sort of bored by the plot...people say the series gets better, though, so I'm going to keep going.
Deedee
I'm officially obsessed!!!! Like the action and drama in this totally makes up for the first. And Faythe is so hardheaded and badass at the sametime(but wouldn't you be,too?)

This story picks up three months after the first. And is packed with hard hitting parts. Things like the drama between Faythe and her boyfriend Marc. Her position in the pride. The murders of stray tomcats. Dealing with a jungle cat and a newly formed stray. And her still trying decide what she wants.


I don't how she does i
...more
Natasha

Rogue is the second installment in the Urban Fantasy Shifters series by Rachel Vincent. Once I read the first one in this series I immediately went out and bought the rest. I read the first three in 2 and a half days and loved each one more and more. I found the characters fun and exciting and always refreshing. And being a werewolf fan I was open to new suggestions and found werecats exciting and refreshing. I find in some series you can get a bit bored by some of the constant characters but i
...more
Kate Lansky
I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that Faythe has, at least to some extent, grown up a bit. She isn't perfect by any stretch, but she is far more tolerable.

She is still dumb as a brick and pretty damned self-centered, though. I'll just keep hoping she continues to evolve as the series goes on. But really - why this girl refuses to reveal pertinent information about threats to her own safety is just beyond me. I want to shake that "I can take care of myself" attitude from her and replace i
...more
Jamie
3 stars to the slow first half; 4 stars to the much better second half.

Rogue takes place a few months after the events of Stray. Faythe is settling in to her new role as the first ever female werecat enforcer. She is partnered with on-again, off-again love interest, Marc. Faythe has made some serious concessions since Stray: She's willing to stay at the Lazy S as long as she can train to be an enforcer, and she's freely admitting her love for Marc. The couple seems very happy at the beginning of
...more
Danny
One of those series where the second book even gets better.. I liked the intensity of this one. The conflicts of Marc and Faythe were sometimes absolutely heartbreaking!

Faythe is finally home and is working for her father as an enforcer together with Marc as a Team. But when they start to discover dead Toms and Faythe is getting angry calls from her human Ex (in both ways Ex..) things are getting heavy really fast.

Apart from the suspense that runs always along, the relationship between the cha
...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Faythe represents a rare and important minority in her species; a tabby, or female cat shifter. There are certain expectations of her within the Pride; she's expected to marry in order to reproduce children and be subjugated to the male dominated environment for which she exists. Her spouse will also represent the next Alpha, taking the place of her father.

Following events in Stray, she becomes the first ever female enforcer; an exclusive band of fighters that serve the Alpha and protect their P
...more
Rachel
Even better the second time around. LOVE this series so hard. Am already getting anxious about what I know is going to happen in future books. Binge reading each one back-to-back is the best way to experience it. Rogue is one of those books where you start reading it, guess what might happen, live in excited and nervous anticipation about what exactly might go down and then when it does and it's way more of an OMG than you thought it would be your jaw drops.
Simone
The primary aspect of this book that I enjoyed was the evolution of Faythe's character. Yes, she's a brat sometimes but she is also loyal to those that she's working with and desperate to forge her own place within the hierarchy of the pack. She wants to be more than her birth, which in contrast to her Mother is intriguing, yet at the end of the book it brings the two back together perfectly showing the strength of a previously docile woman.

One of the main things that I liked in the storytellin
...more
Abbie
I didn't like this one as much as the first, but it was still a really good read.

I really liked Faythe in this one again. She's a really strong character, and she makes me laugh.

The pacing in this one was quite slow again, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the read.

Overall, another good read!
Larissa
Series Review! {Series Rating - 4 & 1/2 Stars}

I have to admit that I feel in love with this series from page one and it has been a solid relationship between me and Faythe’s world ever since.

Fayther is a werecat and when we meet her in Stray, she has left her fiancé and her life in her Pride behind in pursuit of living a normal life as a college student and not have to deal with the pressure of being one of the few Tabbys {female werecat} in the United States and having to get married and ha
...more
Kim
Rachel Vincent has done it again. 'Rogue' is a fantastic sequel to Faythe's story, full of action and mystery. I couldn't put it down. Tomcats being murdered and ex-boyfriends threatening pain, makes for an extremely interesting and captivating read! I laughed and I cried. My heart pounded with each new secret and left me breathless throughout each and every fight. With Faythe around, it seems like everything can go wrong. She's a trouble magnet. Her fierce attitude and quick thinking makes her ...more
Parajunkee
The Shifter series is not one of the best Urban Fantasy / Paranormal romance series on the market, but the main character Faythe is a likeable sort and the plot lines are entertaining, so I definitely recommend them for fans of the genre. Just, with these power-house series and larger-than life characters such as Sookie, Bones, Anita, Mac, Barrons...Faythe and Marc are eclipsed, literally. These just don’t have as much depth as some of my favorite series and while I had fun listening to it on au ...more
Laura P
I'm glad I read this book, despite giving the first in this series only 3.5 stars. It definitely got better. Still some things about Faythe that are annoying, particularly her stubbornness to avoid commitment. Not that I care if a character is like that, as long as there's a reason. With Faythe, it just feels like she's being selfish and stubborn sometimes. I love Marc, and how he continues to be sexy as hell and say they're meant to be. The plot in this book was more suspenseful and less predic ...more
Kay
It's been over a year since I read the first of Rachel Vincent's werecat series, but I remember the book as clear as day. The werecats series is probably one of the most inventive UF verses out there - packed with catty violence and some rather terrifying villains. But that's not why I remember it with such detail - mostly, I just remember hating the hell out of the main character Faythe.

Well, character-wise, Rogue is certainly a huge improvement. Faythe thinks out her actions a bit more than sh
...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 99 100 next »
  • On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #2)
  • Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian, #8)
  • Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2)
  • Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10)
  • The Watcher  (Anna Strong Chronicles, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Second Skin (Nocturne City, #3)
  • Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2)
  • Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2)
415967
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with
...more
More about Rachel Vincent...

Other Books in the Series

Shifters (6 books)
  • Stray (Shifters, #1)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Prey (Shifters, #4)
  • Shift (Shifters, #5)
  • Alpha (Shifters, #6)
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) Stray (Shifters, #1) My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2) My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3) Pride (Shifters, #3)

Share This Book

“Screw this. He’d blown his shot at nice-and-easy, which only left quick-and-brutal—my favorite way to play.” 190 likes
“I had no desire to hear another woman tell my boyfriend how hot he was. If I wanted him to know, I'd damn well tell him myself. ” 170 likes
More quotes…