Start by marking “Rogue (Shifters, #2)” as Want to Read:

Rogue (Shifters #2)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  15,523 Ratings  ·  679 Reviews
There's a reason we
have the rules we have,
and apparently you're it.

Rebellious werecat Faythe is shocked when the bodies of murdered men begin turning up in her Pride’s territory, especially as the killings can be traced back to her former life as an ordinary college student. But could a message from an old friend provide a chilling clue?

Faythe knows that a past indiscret
Mass Market Paperback, 394 pages
Published September 2009 by MIRA Books (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue

Samantha
May 08, 2016 Samantha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After all the fun I had with Stray, I was expecting to love Rogue just as much. Sadly, I found it disappointing.

First off, although this one is smaller than the first book, I found it to drag. I thought the plot was very predictable, and we were missing all of the character interactions that I loved from the first book.

Also, Faythe's character wasn't what it was in the first book. I found her rashness to be more annoying than enjoyable. There were also times where a plot point was very obvious,
Jacqueline
Jun 12, 2016 Jacqueline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 stars

Compared to the first I think it started off a lot slower but towards the end it really picked up! I'm loving this series so excited to continue on.
Emily May
May 17, 2011 Emily May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011
I'm not going to write a lengthy review of this because I already said pretty much everything I wanted to in my review of Stray. I will just pause to remind everyone that Jace is sexy awesomeness and Marc is a whiny control freak.

Theresa
Apr 09, 2008 Theresa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody that likes selfish, moronic female leads.
Shelves: fantasy, 2008, tgif
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Jan 23, 2010 I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series.
I have been more than pleased with this series--although I am only
2 books into it. I like the fact that Faythe seems to be embracing her
roots & her status as possible future leader of the Pride. I have enjoyed
watching her transformation from the whiny brat-like twenty something
who is in serious need of a reality check to the more mature leader
who is learning when to hold and when to fold...she hasn't perfected
the art of diplomacy, but she is working on it.

I thought the plot of this boo
Aug 01, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm having so much fun rereading this series and no matter how many faults Faythe has (and she has quite a few of them!) I still love her character along with the rest of the Pride.

You can read my original review HERE
AH
Jan 16, 2011 AH rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars, just because of the last part of the book

I wasn’t sure how to rate this book. I took a peek at my status updates and they were about the main character Faythe’s level of too-stupid-to-live moments. Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate Faythe – she just drove me a little bonkers. I actually did like this character. She is snarky, she is strong, she is also a little vulnerable. I also enjoyed her thought processes, even though some of her decisions made me want to scream. Faythe’s self
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Okay, so Faith has decided to stay on in the pack for a few years trial and seems to have given up on ever returning to college basically. Maybe it’s back in her mind somewhat but she seems to have shrugged off most inhibitions and objections that she held in the first book. It seems her father is training her to be an enforcer and eventual pack leader, which is unheard of for a tabby (female).

I’m still not crazy about her personality, but the story for this one rocks more than the first. She r
Jane
Apr 14, 2008 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one of this series dragged a bit for me, but the premise was interesting enough to have me pick up book 2. Rogue has tighter writing/plotting and I really enjoyed the book. If the protagonist, Faythe, is sometimes a bit too self-centered, I forgave it because it feels like the author is going to take her through an arc that will have her mature.

Other reviewers have not liked Faythe's response to Marc's (love interest) needs, and though I agree that she isn't giving him everything he says he
Buqet
Jul 07, 2011 Buqet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gel pisi pisi ...
Konusundan bahsetmek gerekirse , Faythe'in başı yine belada ama bu belaları bilmeden de olsa kendi başına açıyor. Bizim Gururun şehrinde birileri serseri öldürüp , striptizci 'masum' kızları kaçırıyordur. Olaylar göz ardı edilemeyecek hale gelince Gururun Alfası ve Faythe'in babası Greg duruma el koyuyor. Bu katil ve kız kaçıran adamı bulmak için harekette geçiyorlar. Yalnız aradıkları kişi , aslında düşündükleri kişi değil. Hatta adam aslında adam bile değil.

Ben bu kitabı çok
Melissa
Nov 07, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
*3.5 stars*

Not quite as fun or quick as the first book, despite being 200 pages shorter. But still a good sequel, developing the characters and story arc well. I will definitely be continuing with the series in the upcoming months.
Fangs for the Fantasy
There’s another serial killer targeting women. And this one isn’t focused on tabbies – but is completely focused on Faythe. She is paying a hard price for her limited freedom.

This book is pretty bad – but what makes it far worse is the epic awful misogyny of the first book that is carried on, brushed over and justified. It’s that last part which especially annoys me.

They constantly downplay how Faythe is treated (also can I say now that every time I have to type the abysmally spelled name “Fayth
MISS VAIN
Can I get a Marc for myself if Faythe doesn't want him??!! ;-)
Suz
Dec 25, 2011 Suz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cliff hanger type set up for next book. Series should be renamed Dysfunction Junction. Faythe is still too stupid to live and it's used as a plot pacing device. Any movement in EVERY relationship in the series is based on emotional dysfunction and drama. The only tension that was in this drab book was the emotional over reacting in the romance. Faythe once again made everything worse, and put everyone in more danger, because she prefers to avoid seeing or speaking about reality until she is forc ...more
Esra
Jul 30, 2011 Esra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Güzel bir kitaptı. yalnız okuyanların şunu iyi bir anlamasını isterim. Bu karakterler normal insanlar değiller! :D bunu neden mi söyledim. şu sebepten. okuduğum yorumlarda faythe (adıda bir acaip zaten) 'in marc ile olan ilişkisinde haklı çıkarılan taraf hep dişi kedimiz oluyor. Marc ve babası onu evliliğe zorluyor diye taşa tutulan hep onlar oluyor. Bu krakterler şekil değiştiren cinsinden. türlerinde dişilerde çok nadir bulunuyor ve hayatta kalma iç güdüsünün temeli olan üreme ile türü devam e ...more
I loved Stray, the first book in this series, and I was far from disappointed with Rogue. I would really recommend reading this series in order & although there won't be spoilers for Rogue in this review I can't help but give away some things that happen in Stray. If you've not started this series yet then I suggest you don't read any further.

The story continues several months after the end of Stray and as she promised her father Faythe is now working as an enforcer alongside Marc, who she
Selin
Jan 27, 2013 Selin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okuduğum en iyi kitaplardan biriydi seride bariz bir gelişme var her şey seviyeli,espiriler beni gerçekten güldürtyor ve kitabı kaliteli yapan şey öyle büyük sözler kusursuz edebi bilgiler değil,yazarın son derece rahat ve gerçekçi yazmış olmasıydı,zorlama,kasma yoktu akıcılığı basitlikten değildi,profesyonelliği hissettim keşke böyle kitaplar daha çok olsa...
Baskıya ve çeviriye gelirsek;baskı iyiydi,elimi dolduran bir kitaptı sayfalar kalın ve kaliteliydi,kapak iyiydi ,orjinal olması da ayrı gü
Onur Birler
Jul 08, 2014 Onur Birler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Çok sevdim ben bu seriyi ya :D İlaç gibi geldi resmen :D
LMM
Oct 03, 2009 LMM rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. This book pretty much bored me. I'd give it 2.5 stars. However, considering there aren't as many series about women Were's, Vincent is running an awfully similar parallel storyline (in some areas) as Kelley Armstong's, were series Bitten, Stolen etc. which is pretty lame.

Makes sense I didn't like it all that much. I had a hard time warming to Elena & the same thing is happening with Faythe. So if Elena was Vincent's model, which it sure seems like she was - than no wonder I feel lukewa
Deedee
I'm officially obsessed!!!! Like the action and drama in this and it totally makes up for the first. And Faythe is so hardheaded and badass at the sametime(but wouldn't you be,too?)

This story picks up three months after the first. And is packed with hard hitting parts. Things like the drama between Faythe and her boyfriend Marc. Her position in the pride. The murders of stray tomcats. Dealing with a jungle cat and a newly formed stray. And her still trying decide what she wants.

I don't how she
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

Faythe has been receiving mysterious phone calls from someone in her past, but it's something she can't deal with and certainly something she can't tell her boyfriend Marc. Especially as a bunch of missing strippers, strippers who look a lot like Faythe, seem to be missing and a sudden increase in murdered strays seems to be appearing, the only thing that seems to link them seems to be Faythe.

Since I started this series I have been told that it gets better as it goes on. It seems that
Ali
Flying through this series like crazy! Sometimes Faythe's behavior gets on my nerves, but I still enjoy all the characters and the mystery plot.
Wendy Darling
Still annoyed by Faythe and sort of bored by the plot...people say the series gets better, though, so I'm going to keep going.
Natasha
Dec 11, 2009 Natasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Rogue is the second installment in the Urban Fantasy Shifters series by Rachel Vincent. Once I read the first one in this series I immediately went out and bought the rest. I read the first three in 2 and a half days and loved each one more and more. I found the characters fun and exciting and always refreshing. And being a werewolf fan I was open to new suggestions and found werecats exciting and refreshing. I find in some series you can get a bit bored by some of the constant characters but i
Kate Lansky
I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that Faythe has, at least to some extent, grown up a bit. She isn't perfect by any stretch, but she is far more tolerable.

She is still dumb as a brick and pretty damned self-centered, though. I'll just keep hoping she continues to evolve as the series goes on. But really - why this girl refuses to reveal pertinent information about threats to her own safety is just beyond me. I want to shake that "I can take care of myself" attitude from her and replace i
Jamie
Jan 09, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars to the slow first half; 4 stars to the much better second half.

Rogue takes place a few months after the events of Stray. Faythe is settling in to her new role as the first ever female werecat enforcer. She is partnered with on-again, off-again love interest, Marc. Faythe has made some serious concessions since Stray: She's willing to stay at the Lazy S as long as she can train to be an enforcer, and she's freely admitting her love for Marc. The couple seems very happy at the beginning of
Danny
Mar 21, 2011 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of those series where the second book even gets better.. I liked the intensity of this one. The conflicts of Marc and Faythe were sometimes absolutely heartbreaking!

Faythe is finally home and is working for her father as an enforcer together with Marc as a Team. But when they start to discover dead Toms and Faythe is getting angry calls from her human Ex (in both ways Ex..) things are getting heavy really fast.

Apart from the suspense that runs always along, the relationship between the cha
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Faythe represents a rare and important minority in her species; a tabby, or female cat shifter. There are certain expectations of her within the Pride; she's expected to marry in order to reproduce children and be subjugated to the male dominated environment for which she exists. Her spouse will also represent the next Alpha, taking the place of her father.

Following events in Stray, she becomes the first ever female enforcer; an exclusive band of fighters that serve the Alpha and protect their P
Rachel
Jan 13, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better the second time around. LOVE this series so hard. Am already getting anxious about what I know is going to happen in future books. Binge reading each one back-to-back is the best way to experience it. Rogue is one of those books where you start reading it, guess what might happen, live in excited and nervous anticipation about what exactly might go down and then when it does and it's way more of an OMG than you thought it would be your jaw drops.
Simone
Apr 10, 2014 Simone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The primary aspect of this book that I enjoyed was the evolution of Faythe's character. Yes, she's a brat sometimes but she is also loyal to those that she's working with and desperate to forge her own place within the hierarchy of the pack. She wants to be more than her birth, which in contrast to her Mother is intriguing, yet at the end of the book it brings the two back together perfectly showing the strength of a previously docile woman.

One of the main things that I liked in the storytellin
  • Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian #3)
  • On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #2)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Gale Force (Weather Warden, #7)
  • Pure Blood (Nocturne City, #2)
  • The Watcher  (Anna Strong Chronicles, #3)
  • Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • The Touch of Twilight (Signs of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Possession (Blood Ties, #2)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with
More about Rachel Vincent...

Shifters (6 books)
  • Stray (Shifters, #1)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Prey (Shifters, #4)
  • Shift (Shifters, #5)
  • Alpha (Shifters, #6)

“Screw this. He’d blown his shot at nice-and-easy, which only left quick-and-brutal—my favorite way to play.” 186 likes
“I had no desire to hear another woman tell my boyfriend how hot he was. If I wanted him to know, I'd damn well tell him myself. ” 169 likes