Start by marking “Food Network Favorites” as Want to Read:
Food Network Favorites

Food Network Favorites

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,925 ratings  ·  14 reviews
All-time-favorite recipes from some of the world's best chefs—from Paula Deen's homey, all-American fare to Wolfgang Puck's Euroasian cuisine.

More than 120 of the best restaurant-quality recipes that can easily be prepared in home kitchens.

All of the characteristics culinary fans have come to expect from Food Network—great recipes, reliable cooking tips, and easy-to-under

Published December 4th 2007 by Meredith Books (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Food Network Favorites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Food Network Favorites

Julie H.
I picked up a used copy of this book at Bookman's while visiting Tucson, AZ, a week ago. I've already tried four recipes--each of which has met with success.

In the three days that we've been home, I've made (1) Dave Lieberman's black bean soup (the cost of the book is worth it for this recipe alone!), (2) Lieberman's roasted salmon with roasted plum tomatoes and caramelized lemons, (3) his Bow Tie Pasta with Pesto, Feta & Cherry Tomatoes and (4) Paula Deen's Tennessee Banana-Black Walnut Ca...more
Cindy
I used to love watching the Food Network, back when we had cable. Alton Brown and Rachael Ray were some of my favorites. And for drama, you can't beat Iron Chef or the Food Network Challenges. So I thought I would have fun with this cookbook.

Well, it was kind of fun, but honestly, there's only about 6-8 recipes in this book that I would make. The best ones are from the noted TV chef, Food Network Kitchens. That's right - the support staff. I think I will try making English muffins from Alton Bro...more
Stephanie
I was disappointed in this cookbook. I enjoy reading cookbooks for the recipes, but I have no interest in the chef's personal lives or stories. I buy cookbooks for the recipes. I don't care how long they have been cooking, where they have been chef's prior to this book, what they look like, where they live, what their house looks like, who they are married or not married to, etc. This cookbook doesn't get overly personal, just too much for me.

My only interest is in recipes. Hopefully pictures o...more
Virginia Campbell
"Food Network Favorites: Recipes from Our All-Star Chefs" was my first cookbook purchase connected to the "Food Network", and it was a great way to start my collection! The format is friendly, the food is flavorful and fixable. The book is overflowing with relaxed and revealing interviews and insights from some of TV's favorite celebrity chefs. The food photos are gorgeous, and the recipes are well laid out and easy to follow. I also greatly enjoyed the "insider" pages from the Food Network kitc...more
Marian
I Just cannot make myself pay this much for a book just for Alton Browns ham coating, Though I have tried it and it is astounding! But that technique was on TV. I am not familiar enough with Everything the other chefs have cooked to know if these were all on TV previously either.
I enjoy this cookbook and probably cook a few recipes on a rotating basis in my house! My personal favorites are the snickerdoodles and the Shrimp Diablo! There's quite a few recipes that I'll never cook, but I really did find the Q&A with the chefs fun to read.
Kurt
This book has a great variety with many photographs (although in a perfect world, there would be a photo for each recipe). I haven't made many of the items in it, but Paula Deen's Corn Casserole has become one of my standard potluck offerings.
Laurie
almost everything in this cookbook is delicious. emeril's pork chops are awesome. paula's potato's are sinfull. dave leiberman's recipies are yummy. woolfgangs pizza is a favorite with the kids along with the food network kitchen's tuna burgers.
Vicky
Holy Cow! If there is something good you want to make this book will most likely have it. There is a mixture of different kinds, ethnics, and flavors in this cookbook. Got it as a gift and I really like it!
Phyllis
Enjoyed different styles and creative use of food. Reminded of need for quality in our food supplies and preparation.
Randie
The recipes are a little too advanced for me. Maybe I'll be able to attempt them someday.
Ginnie Grant
I had such high hopes for this book but I was really let down
Kathy
My birthday present from Yanyi (this year).
Kristin
Jan 08, 2008 Kristin is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm trying to learn some good recipes!
Tiffany Bolinskey
Tiffany Bolinskey marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Abbey
Abbey marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Kaleb
Kaleb marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Shamali Tennakoon
Shamali Tennakoon marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Angela Mwanyalala
Angela Mwanyalala marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
  • Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook: Explosive Flavors from the Southwestern Kitchen
  • Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: An All-American Road Trip . . . with Recipes!
  • Rachael Ray 2, 4, 6, 8: Great Meals for Couples or Crowds
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An indespensible guide for anybody who likes to cook
  • Good Eats: The Middle Years
  • Giada's Kitchen: New Favorites from Everyday Italian
  • Paula Deen & Friends
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-Be Southerners
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day
  • Mario Batali Simple Italian Food: Recipes from My Two Villages
  • Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations
Food Network Kitchens is a unique group of talented food professionals who cook, taste, shop, prep and write recipes while having a whole lot of fun along the way.
More about Food Network Kitchens...
The Chopped Cookbook: Use What You've Got to Cook Something Great Food Network Kitchens Cookbook Food Network Kitchens Favorites Recipes Sweet: Our Best Cupcakes, Cookies, Candy, and More Making It Easy