Start by marking “Food Network Favorites” as Want to Read:
Food Network Favorites

Food Network Favorites

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  3,071 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
All-time-favorite recipes from some of the world's best chefsfrom Paula Deen's homey, all-American fare to Wolfgang Puck's Euroasian cuisine.

More than 120 of the best restaurant-quality recipes that can easily be prepared in home kitchens.

All of the characteristics culinary fans have come to expect from Food Networkgreat recipes, reliable cooking tips, and easy-to-underst

Published December 4th 2007 by Meredith Books (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Food Network Favorites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Food Network Favorites

J. Gowin
Mar 27, 2015 J. Gowin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
This book follows a well worn plan for failure. It selects several famous chefs and gathers a few recipes from each of them, adding a few irrelevant interview questions and glamour shots for filler. Of course the chefs involved saved their better recipes for their own cookbooks, and have no reason to give attention to teaching technique. I would have given it a lower rating except for a few interesting recipes from Alton Brown, Wolfgang Puck and the Food Network staff.
Phoebe Flesch
In general, I usually enjoy Food Network recipes and their chefs (yes, yes, I know I'm trash), but this book was a bit of a letdown. Lots of pictures of the chefs, less of the food, which I ain't about.
Shirley
Oct 01, 2016 Shirley rated it liked it
A few to try and great snippets of each chef.
Julie H.
Apr 07, 2012 Julie H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook-cooking
I picked up a used copy of this book at Bookman's while visiting Tucson, AZ, a week ago. I've already tried four recipes--each of which has met with success.

In the three days that we've been home, I've made (1) Dave Lieberman's black bean soup (the cost of the book is worth it for this recipe alone!), (2) Lieberman's roasted salmon with roasted plum tomatoes and caramelized lemons, (3) his Bow Tie Pasta with Pesto, Feta & Cherry Tomatoes and (4) Paula Deen's Tennessee Banana-Black Walnut Ca
Cindy
Mar 01, 2009 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, 999
I used to love watching the Food Network, back when we had cable. Alton Brown and Rachael Ray were some of my favorites. And for drama, you can't beat Iron Chef or the Food Network Challenges. So I thought I would have fun with this cookbook.

Well, it was kind of fun, but honestly, there's only about 6-8 recipes in this book that I would make. The best ones are from the noted TV chef, Food Network Kitchens. That's right - the support staff. I think I will try making English muffins from Alton Bro
Stephanie
I was disappointed in this cookbook. I enjoy reading cookbooks for the recipes, but I have no interest in the chef's personal lives or stories. I buy cookbooks for the recipes. I don't care how long they have been cooking, where they have been chef's prior to this book, what they look like, where they live, what their house looks like, who they are married or not married to, etc. This cookbook doesn't get overly personal, just too much for me.

My only interest is in recipes. Hopefully pictures o
Literarycat
Apr 26, 2015 Literarycat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I liked seeing different recipes from some of my favorite cooks. There were a lot of great recipes to try. I found myself leaning more towards the Tyler Florence things. A few recipes I passed over thinking I wouldn't try them, but then came back to them to try later and they were great. Some recipes didn't seem to be right for the "everyday person" if that makes sense. There are some ingredients that I am not sure if I can find them at my local super market. I might have to search farmers marke ...more
Virginia Campbell
"Food Network Favorites: Recipes from Our All-Star Chefs" was my first cookbook purchase connected to the "Food Network", and it was a great way to start my collection! The format is friendly, the food is flavorful and fixable. The book is overflowing with relaxed and revealing interviews and insights from some of TV's favorite celebrity chefs. The food photos are gorgeous, and the recipes are well laid out and easy to follow. I also greatly enjoyed the "insider" pages from the Food Network kitc ...more
Lisa
Dec 30, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
was neither good or bad. i would not buy this book the only good section that i would be more than willing to make more than one thing out of was the first alton brown. most of the recipes seemed geared for people who are not home cooks. it was almost as if the cook would need more than average cooking skills i would possibly eat the food but as far as putting in the effort to make it ..... no.
Marian
Aug 31, 2009 Marian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook
I Just cannot make myself pay this much for a book just for Alton Browns ham coating, Though I have tried it and it is astounding! But that technique was on TV. I am not familiar enough with Everything the other chefs have cooked to know if these were all on TV previously either.
Jul 14, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this cookbook and probably cook a few recipes on a rotating basis in my house! My personal favorites are the snickerdoodles and the Shrimp Diablo! There's quite a few recipes that I'll never cook, but I really did find the Q&A with the chefs fun to read.
Kurt
Jul 23, 2011 Kurt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a great variety with many photographs (although in a perfect world, there would be a photo for each recipe). I haven't made many of the items in it, but Paula Deen's Corn Casserole has become one of my standard potluck offerings.
Vicky
Jun 09, 2008 Vicky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Holy Cow! If there is something good you want to make this book will most likely have it. There is a mixture of different kinds, ethnics, and flavors in this cookbook. Got it as a gift and I really like it!
Laurie
May 01, 2008 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: always-using
almost everything in this cookbook is delicious. emeril's pork chops are awesome. paula's potato's are sinfull. dave leiberman's recipies are yummy. woolfgangs pizza is a favorite with the kids along with the food network kitchen's tuna burgers.
Phyllis
Enjoyed different styles and creative use of food. Reminded of need for quality in our food supplies and preparation.
Emylee
May 18, 2015 Emylee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this thing wont let me read it and this thing sucks because I put my email so I am tring to read any books
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2013
Markos Fimbres
Markos Fimbres rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
Pearl89
Pearl89 rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2012
Kaitlin Dale
Kaitlin Dale rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Jeri
Jeri rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
Diana Kutscher
Diana Kutscher rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Gugugu
Gugugu rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2015
IrishEyes1298
IrishEyes1298 rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2015
Margareth
Margareth rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2014
Linda Nicola
Linda Nicola rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Lottie Jackson
Lottie Jackson rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2013
Meredith
Meredith rated it did not like it
Dec 05, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2012
  • Rachael Ray 2, 4, 6, 8: Great Meals for Couples or Crowds
  • Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: An All-American Road Trip . . . with Recipes!
  • Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook: Explosive Flavors from the Southwestern Kitchen
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An Indespensible Guide for Anybody Who Likes to Cook
  • Good Eats: The Middle Years
  • Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Giada's Kitchen: New Favorites from Everyday Italian
  • Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day
  • Mario Batali Simple Italian Food: Recipes from My Two Villages
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • The Best Make-Ahead Recipe
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
Food Network Kitchens is a unique group of talented food professionals who cook, taste, shop, prep and write recipes while having a whole lot of fun along the way.
More about Food Network Kitchens...