Start by marking “Diary of a Mistress” as Want to Read:

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  1,968 ratings  ·  70 reviews
What should a wife believe? The words of her husband or the diary of his mistress? From the author of Secret Society comes a tale of love and jealousy in which two women struggle to separate fact from fiction.

Monica counts her blessings -- she has a husband who is not only devoted to her but is also committed to being a strong, caring father to their twin sons. When Carl
Published August 1st 2006 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Mistress

Miasha
Dec 25, 2009 Miasha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-novel
I wrote this novel under pressure. I had told Teri Woods that I had it already completed and she wanted to read it. The truth was, I had nothing more than a title. I told her it needed a little bit of editing and if she could give me a few months I could get her the book as soon as it was up to par.

She gave me the time. But I was a first-time mother with a newborn who I spent much of my time breastfeeding...(I know TMI) but true...I had no idea how I was going to make time to write a book...I pr
KC Girlfriends Book Club
I have to admit that I really didn't think that this book was going to be that good...boy was I WRONG!!!

I loved this book from the beginning to the end! The storyline was so believable and the characters were easy to relate to. You think that you have this book figured out by the middle but it takes you on so many twists and turns that the ending will surprise you...and then when you think you've read it all...Miasha takes the book to a whole different level!

This book is smaller page-wise by m
Christiana Harrell
This was a really good book. I thought at first that it would be a story from the "mistress" side of a relationship, but oh how wrong I was. I felt deceived, but it was a great feeling of deception once I learned exactly what was going on. I can usually predict most things that I read, but this one definitely got me and kept me going until the end and even the ending left my mouth hanging wide open. There was so much to expect and not expect. I loved it.
Lord'Williams Lord'Williams

Diary of a Mistress

My wife always says, "A man just don't stand a chance."

When she first said this, I was slow to speak and gave great thought to the statement she made, because I was ready to debate her claim. I was about to pick up the flag and march into battle with her over such a claim. --I pondered, and pondered some more, then came to the conclusion, she was right, a man just don't stand a chance, and this short novel shows just one aspect on how men don't stand a chance against the games
Kellee
Sep 14, 2011 Kellee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erica
Shelves: a-favorite
2nd time reading it: Book still a fav. Read it in 2 days!

OMG, this book was amazing with a very shocking twist.
Pat Cromwell
Do not let the title fool you. This book is not a testament to the other woman but its a "Sometimes your eyes will lie and what you think you see, you are not." If if were a song it would be Tammy Wynete's Stand by Your Man, if it were a movie definitely a Ross Hunter extravaganza from the 1950's because this book is pure unadulterated (sorry for the pun) fun and excitement.

There are so many "You go girl" -- "Nasty skank" -- "You dirty dog" moments! It is masterful, entertaining, and a page tur
Nardsbaby Reader
Fences

Diary of a Mistress familiarizes readers with two outlooks on one story.

Angela Washington is the habitual other woman. She's an Executive VP in marketing, whose life has been filled with instability since her own catastrophic marriage. A participant in a laundry list of precarious events, now Angela wants to finally have happiness at any cost. While on "break", sees that she only has one chance left to seal the deal.

Monica Vasquez is the doting wife, mother with twin sons and is employed
Shelley
I began reading Diary of a Mistress last Saturday morning. I figured I would read a couple of chapters before getting out of bed and starting my day. Well, about two and half hours later, I had finished the book. It was so good, I couldn't put it down and just had to keep reading to see what would happen.

Angela is a woman who has had no problems with sleeping with married men. She's mentally unstable due to her poor relationships and has been in and out of mental facilities. During her latest st
Ursula
I finished this book in a couple of days. Not much to the story line; a married woman reads a diary written by a want to be mistress. She accepts it as truth and does some unbelievable things. This is my first time reading anything by Miasha. It was different, I cannot say that I will read her material again.
Anita Dawson
Talk about a wanting someone else's life. After a living wife receives a diary from a "mistress" what does she do? Hurt her husband and risk losing her freedom and family. Great twists and turns in this novel.
J
(FROM JACKET)Monica counts her blessings-she has a husband who is not only devoted to her but is also committed to being a strong, caring father to their twin sons. When Carlos surprises her with an unforgettably romantic getaway, Monica knows her husband is still very much in love with her-and she with him. But an unexpected package threatens to change everything Monica's ever believed about her husband.
Angela has adopted a sex-them-and-leave-them attitude toward the married men she's bedded ov
Bianca Harrison
A pretty good read, fast and entertaining. Monica and Carlos was great characters developed. Angela was something else!
Lesa Divine)
Third book I read by Miasha and she did her thang again. Loved this book. I couldn't put this book down. I was hooked from the get go all the way to the end. Monica is a mom and wife. She loves her husband Carlos to death but, when she get a diary in the mail from his supposed mistress. Monica world turns upside down. From fighting with her friend to being locked up from attempted murder.
Angela is the so called mistress for Carlos that is crazy in the head she can't have Carlos so she goes to e
Arzella
Great concept and wonderfully written. I would love to see this written as a dark romance.
Mia Trueheart
Very great read. I couldn't put it down, and the ending was so unexpected. Miasha definitely outdid herself with her breakout novel, Diary of a Mistress. Suspense keeps you on the edge of your seat. Mystery keeps you guessing. The twists and uncertainty keeps you begging for more. I got this book from a friend, and it took me three months to get around to reading it because I was putting it off. What was I thinking! I kick myself to think I just let this sit on the shelf. This was a great read, ...more
Tamika Polk
I just loved this book. I couldn't put it down.
Winter  Sophia Rose
Disturbingly Frightening! I Loved It!
Claudia
This book was an okay read. It kept me engaged and actually built up a story. Monica and Carlos had a pretty strong marriage and put family first. Upon returning from vacation celebrating her 10th anniversary she receives a diary in the mail giving grave detail about her husband having an affair. I like that the author gave us inserts from the diary and how it all came together. Unfortunately, some of the scenes were predictable and after the story reached its peaked....the rest of the book was ...more
Mary Honeycutt
Feb 18, 2010 Mary Honeycutt rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary by: Lisa Mendoza
Shelves: 2010
This book was definitely stepping out of my genre. The storyline kept me reading. I actually read this one in a day as it was an easy read. The storyline is crazy! This woman destroys a family with lies. Some of the story was not quite detailed enough for me or the characters seemed to be having conversations that didn't seem real. For instance, I couldn't imagine the character saying what I read at that particular moment. Overall, it was a good read. I needed to know how it ended for sure.
Adrianne Miller
GREAT READ!Nothing like I would've expected!
Would I Recommend: Yes
Tia
I listened to the audio version of this book and it was excellent. I held on to every word. It felt as if someone was telling me a 4 hour long scandalously juicy tale. The readers voice was not what I would preferred to hear for this type of story, but that didn't matter because it was the story that captivated me not the readers voice. This book was not what I expected at all! I was both surprised and shocked at the unfolding of this vivid tale. Well done, Miasha....
Dawn
Ba BOOM! This book was AWESOME! Shows you just how B*tches roll.
Claudia
Angela was down right crazy with a twist, she takes Monica & Carlos life and turns it inside out. One minute Monica and Carlos was a happy and loving couple until...something out of the norm bring their lives to a crushing...Boom...! Regardless of all the unconditional love the diary takes over.

Miasha really pin pointed and gives you some raw material that has the twists and turns that is page turner. I really look forward continue to read her work.
Rachel
Interesting read. I actually believed the diary so I can see how Monica would believe it. Angela took the pieces of information given to her by Carlos and ran with it. But by default this was Carlos 's fault . He should have never become friends with Angela without Monica's knowledge. This was a lifetime movie in a book. The ending kind of fell apart for me. I think it should have ended with Angela killing herself.
Keyona
This book was quite good. Despite her Celess series Miasha is started to grow on me.This was a very quick read. I would have liked if it had more "meat". It was just too quick. I do however feel a sequel coming on perhaps..hopefully. From start to finish this book had me sucked in. Unfortunately I'd figured out what was going on early in the book so it kind of spoiled it for me. Overall it was a good read.
Eva Leger
Jul 20, 2008 Eva Leger rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban-lit readers
Recommended to Eva by: myself
Shelves: b-urban-fiction
I got so into this book! I thought the whole idea for the story was great, the wife and husband are in a happy marriage when the wife gets a package in the mail one day and it's the supposed diary of his mistress. One can guess what happens next and it's in the details where the book really gets great. I definitely recommend to all urban-lit readers!
Arburtha
This book was the bookclub book for the month of Nov. It was rather bland! The storyline was predictable, the ending was uninspired! The first person/third person writing style was boring!! That being said I still finished it because; 1) It was only 155 pages long and 2) I really wanted to know how it ended!! So I guess it was'nt so bad after all!!
K. Bint Alia
I've been looking for this book for years. Luckily I found a PDF online and I finished it in 8 hours. I had a hard time putting my phone down! The major twist in the book caught me off guard completely. I loved it from beginning to end. The whole story was realistic and I was able to put myself in Monica's shoes. Great book!
Monique Jarvis
I think that Angela got what she deserved because she messed up a happy home and marriage and cause Monica almost ten years and person for attempt murder of her husband. But, in my opinion Monica should have been women enough to know that a woman was jealousy of her happy marriage and did all she could to win Monica husband.
Opinion 6 32 Oct 27, 2014 01:55PM
  • Millionaire Wives Club
  • Sleeping with the Enemy
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • Snapped
  • Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)
  • Working Girls (Flint, #2)
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • Thug-A-Licious
A life changing event for me occurred at my college graduation in May of 2003.
National bestselling author, Karen E. Quinones Miller, was the keynote speaker. She delivered a speech about how she had written a book, self-published it and sold so many copies on her own that major publishing houses fought to offer her a deal. I sat amongst my graduating class fully alert and attentive. It was as if
More about Miasha...
Secret Society (Secret Society, #1) Mommy's Angel Sistah for Sale Never Enough (Secret Society, #2) Chaser